Rants & Raves

Comments from readers.

RAVES TO The Augusta Chronicle for the separate Opinion section in the Sunday paper. The first thing I do is pull that section out and throw it away. Makes the rest of the paper a pleasant read.

I SEE THAT OUR “Save the A” signs saved Azziz’s A! What a Grusome ending.

RAVE FOR THE awesome Sam Bush concert at the Imperial Theatre. A rant to the attendees who consistently chatted throughout the entire performance. How rude of Sam Bush to perform over your conversation.

THIS IS ABOUT the SUV from Augusta Regional Airport. The speed limit on Bobby Jones Expressway is 55, 45 in the work zones. Maybe you need to start early so you don’t have to drive 70 mph and get off other drivers’ bumpers.

WHY DO I OWN AN assault weapon? Do I need it to hunt? No. Do I need it for any reason? No. I own it because I am a free man and can, to the lefties, no apologies for being free and having rights.

FREEDOM FROM tyrannical government is the reason for the Second Amendment; that is, so free citizens can stay free by being armed so they can fend off such governments, Therefore, obviously citizens are guaranteed the right to arm themselves.

YOU CAN SEE what can be achieved when people get together. Oxygen Media has canceled plans for the reality show titled All My Babies’ Mamas when a petition calling for its shutdown had collected more than 37,000 signatures. We don’t need this trash on television.

A BIG RAVE FOR Wal-Mart and the plan to hire 100,000 veterans over the next five years. The announcement alone should give a psychological boost to those who are on active duty right now. Let’s hope that other companies will follow their lead.

WHY DOES THE air in Augusta smell so horrible? I have heard various excuses, but none of them can explain the extraordinary stench in Augusta. I grew up in a town with a paper mill, and it never stunk this bad. I imagine this is a major reason why people and businesses do not locate on the south side. No one is going to want to go to a convention in a city that stinks this bad.

WHERE IS “Augusta” in the GRU logo behind the speaker at the forum? If we can’t display “Augusta” in our hometown, where else do we dream it will be used?

carcraft
carcraft 01/22/13 - 02:05 pm
Humble Angela Great link! I

Humble Angela Great link! I hunt with the 30-06 because it is very versatile! 30-06 started life as an "assault weapon ".

harley_52
harley_52 01/22/13 - 04:59 pm
Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/22/13 - 05:38 pm
Could Dr. King Deliver the Inauguration Benediction?

Slightly paraphrased, here is a quote from singleparent from yesterday at 8:43 p.m.

Freedom from tyrannical government? . . . . Now tell me which government you are talking about?

Though author and political commentator Star Parker is moderately right of center, but no one calls her a right-wing nut job. She is careful and thoughtful in her writing. In her current column (which ran today in the Chronicle print edition) she expresses her disappointment over some omissions at the new Washington, D.C. memorial to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. When she thinks about the absence of any Biblical quotes at the memorial, or any references to God, or any mention that King was a Christian pastor, she offers this opinion:

What we have is the ongoing march forward of tyranny in America, a tyranny of the left, in which moral chaos and political power are becoming a new national religion, and what was once understood as religion and tradition is now called bigotry and pushed off the stage.

When moderates begin to recognize our government’s march toward tyranny, it’s getting close. Here is a link to her column at Town Hall:

No Benediction from Dr. King

Bizkit
Bizkit 01/22/13 - 06:18 pm
Let us celibrate freedom in

Let us celibrate freedom in America. Women have celibrated fifty years of their right to privacy and an abortion in Roe vs Wade. Unfortunately this privacy resulted in the genocide of some 25-50 million human beings. Dang gun violence per year was never so devastatin', and most gun violence is suicide too. But now freedom is being asked to be taken from one group (gun owners) and given to others (gay marriage). Tell me how this isn't discriminatory nor making arguments about "freedom" a freakin' joke?

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 01/23/13 - 08:12 am
Something to consider

My Federal Government, or the GA. Division of Family and Children Services (DFACS) are responsible for more "accidental" deaths than ALL the firearms I have ever owned.