Rants & Raves

Comments from readers.

RAVES TO The Augusta Chronicle for the separate Opinion section in the Sunday paper. The first thing I do is pull that section out and throw it away. Makes the rest of the paper a pleasant read.

I SEE THAT OUR “Save the A” signs saved Azziz’s A! What a Grusome ending.

RAVE FOR THE awesome Sam Bush concert at the Imperial Theatre. A rant to the attendees who consistently chatted throughout the entire performance. How rude of Sam Bush to perform over your conversation.

THIS IS ABOUT the SUV from Augusta Regional Airport. The speed limit on Bobby Jones Expressway is 55, 45 in the work zones. Maybe you need to start early so you don’t have to drive 70 mph and get off other drivers’ bumpers.

WHY DO I OWN AN assault weapon? Do I need it to hunt? No. Do I need it for any reason? No. I own it because I am a free man and can, to the lefties, no apologies for being free and having rights.

FREEDOM FROM tyrannical government is the reason for the Second Amendment; that is, so free citizens can stay free by being armed so they can fend off such governments, Therefore, obviously citizens are guaranteed the right to arm themselves.

YOU CAN SEE what can be achieved when people get together. Oxygen Media has canceled plans for the reality show titled All My Babies’ Mamas when a petition calling for its shutdown had collected more than 37,000 signatures. We don’t need this trash on television.

A BIG RAVE FOR Wal-Mart and the plan to hire 100,000 veterans over the next five years. The announcement alone should give a psychological boost to those who are on active duty right now. Let’s hope that other companies will follow their lead.

WHY DOES THE air in Augusta smell so horrible? I have heard various excuses, but none of them can explain the extraordinary stench in Augusta. I grew up in a town with a paper mill, and it never stunk this bad. I imagine this is a major reason why people and businesses do not locate on the south side. No one is going to want to go to a convention in a city that stinks this bad.

WHERE IS “Augusta” in the GRU logo behind the speaker at the forum? If we can’t display “Augusta” in our hometown, where else do we dream it will be used?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 01/22/13 - 08:47 am
Carcraft.....while I agree

Carcraft.....while I agree that you should have as many rounds in your gun as you see fit, you will notice that the guy did walk OUT after being shot 5 times. I tell my friends who think that carrying a small caliber gun will just "tick off" a would be attacker that if I put fifteen .22 caliber holes in someone and it doesn't kill them, it will certainly take the fight out of them.

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/22/13 - 08:51 am
Funny

Anybody see the photo of Clinton (Bill), checking out Kelly Clarkson backside yesterday? Ha, can't blame him,I would have been doing the same thing.

american rose
american rose 01/22/13 - 09:03 am
Rant and Raves

Why aren't the R&R updated at midnight like they use to be. These are the R&R from the 21st. Yesterday it was 19th in the morning and around 8PM it was the 20th. Why? Also no way to write a R&R again, only comments.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/22/13 - 09:22 am
Good Morning To Those Against The USS of Obama.

Only one R&R comment...

WHY DO I OWN AN ASSAULT WEAPON?

For the same damn reason I used an assault weapon on a battle field. To eliminate and annihilate as many of the enemy that I could with as much fire power that was available.

Another battle field is coming, sooner than a lot of humans realize. I am prepared with many weapons, (assault, semi pistols and long sniper rifles) with thousands of rounds of ammo for each and everyone of them. My 4 remaining sons are equally armed. I may meet my Waterloo but before I do, will take with me as many of those that have supported the killing of America.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/22/13 - 09:28 am
The amazing world of R & R

Good morning, American Rose. Just think of the Rants & Raves as transitory things. Think of them as mayflies, who enjoy only one night of bliss.

I'm sure Sean will respond with the official R&R information, but here is what I notice: The staff has to prepare the R&Rs for print each evening. Obviously, they must finish their work well before midnight so they are ready for the printing presses. The Chronicle has adopted a policy of posting to the online edition when the copy is ready, rather than waiting until the paper hits the driveways or waiting until a magic witching hour, say midnight.

Thus, look for the dateline on any R&R to be one day earlier than the print edition in which it appears. For the most fun, just jump in and post on whatever R&R is available when you log on. I seldom look for the date anymore. However, if you wish to comment on yesterday's or the day's before R&R, you can find them by clicking on News/Local and then scrolling down through recent dates. News/Local can be found near the top of most pages over to the left.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/22/13 - 09:35 am
I must object to CGs post

I do not believe he owns any assault weapons. I have known him personally for quite a while now. I have never seen or heard of any of his weapons assaulting anyone. Why? Again it's simple, he controls his guns.

SFCRET85
SFCRET85 01/22/13 - 09:43 am
"A well regulated militia".

For those who may have missed the video the first time around:

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/22/13 - 09:43 am
LLamb sometimes we make our own r/rs

We like variety of r/rs....such as...

What I do in my house is my business..

What you do in your house is your business..

If I want a gun I'll have one....if you don't want it don't get one...

and they all lived happily forever after...heh

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/22/13 - 09:46 am
SFCRET85

You are baaaad in more ways than one....lol

SFCRET85
SFCRET85 01/22/13 - 09:48 am
But you got to admit, it was

But you got to admit, it was dogone funny!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/22/13 - 09:57 am
SFC

Kinda--maybe--sorta...:)

In ajc oday....the 15 year old who killed his family (parents & 3 siblings) said he was annoyed with mom.....& THAT is what is wrong with children today.....annoyed my behind.....he needed his BEHIND whupped while growing up.....if they can't have their way ===if someone says no----they act out .....change our pc ways before the whole USA goes under....

gotta go now.....I have scratched up enough trouble for 1 morning...:)

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 01/22/13 - 10:01 am
@ american rose 8:03

Little Lamb's explanation is correct. Today's R&Rs were posted to the website late last night; tomorrow's will be posted tonight. The actual time will vary from day to day.
I will get them to add the link to post an R&R back to the top of this page each day. I'm not sure why it is being left off.

carcraft
carcraft 01/22/13 - 10:02 am
Any gun is an assault weapon

Any gun is an assault weapon to a liberal! Guns assault thier sensibilities

american rose
american rose 01/22/13 - 10:06 am

But, the fact remains that we are still a day "behind". You don't have to explain....I really do get it.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/22/13 - 10:06 am
You are absolutely

correct RK. All my guns have been installed with a brain of intelligence.
They all know not to drink, do dope, go out and kill or rob anyone. Their installed brain has been fine tuned for accuracy and you can rest assure the are heavily controlled by the home they are locked in.The only free one is the one with me at all times when I leave Cobalt Park. It has the most education of all of them.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/22/13 - 10:08 am
Mirror, Mirror, on the Wall

We know he's the narcissist in chief, but this quote from yesterday's inaugual speech is just too much:

"We cannot mistake absolutism for principle, or substitute spectacle for politics, or treat name-calling as reasoned debate."

We know he looks in the mirror, but he refuses to see his hypocrisy. He is the one who has used each of the three negative qualities above against the American people.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/22/13 - 10:12 am
Hi Sean...bye Sean...

You are looking marvelous SM...♥....esp. in pics...hmmmm in far away places...:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/22/13 - 10:21 am
Single Parent is angry

Single Parent sounds like Charles Nagle. He/She is angry because the Constitution gives us the right to bear arms and warns about oppressive governments of all kinds. Try changing the Constitution and see how far you get with it.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/22/13 - 10:21 am
LL's 0908

Spot on. Also, for the first ranter: You have something in common with the president. He thinks everyone is entitled to his/her opinion as long as it agrees with his.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/22/13 - 10:25 am
International Paper Laying Off People

Local TV is reporting Int. Paper is laying off lots of people today.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/22/13 - 10:32 am
Back to (so called) assault weapons

One of my personal firearms is a Savage model 987 chambered for .22LR. The factory stock is secured by ONE screw. If I wanted to I could order an after market stock that would make that rifle look much like and M-16 and then would be considered an assault weapon. Just think, one screw and a molded piece of plastic and suddenly it goes from a sport shooting/hunting rifle to an assault weapon. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out how one piece of plastic can change the character of anything. That would be like putting racing slicks on my Jeep and suddenly I'm ready for the NASCAR circuit.

carcraft
carcraft 01/22/13 - 11:14 am
Roadkill with liberals it is

Roadkill with liberals it is all about perception! If a certain gun looks more menacing, it must be! You can take a semi auto 3006 M1garand and put it next to a semi auto 22 Bush Master and boy that 22 looks bad so it must ne more dangerous!

allhans
allhans 01/22/13 - 11:34 am
Apparently Obama and his ilk

Apparently Obama and his ilk know why people have firearms...why else would they fight so hard to take them away.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/22/13 - 11:41 am
30-06???

In an M1 Garand??? Why would the military be using a civilian round??? It couldn't be that the military developed weapons around ammo that was already available could it?

I would love to have a Garand in my so called arsenal. Just how many weapons does it take to qualify for an arsenal? I may not have one yet.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/22/13 - 12:11 pm
Dang you guys have been busy this morning

Howdy everyone. I don't have as much time to post as I'd like to but it's good to see the same posters are still at it.
I dig my online friends. Even the ones I don't agree with! hehe

Sweet son
Sweet son 01/22/13 - 12:12 pm
@SeenitB4

Are you trying to kiss up to Sean so he won't be as apt to pull your sideways comments? LOL! I Love It!

The reason it smells bad on the Southside is the folks living there are so poor that they can only afford beans! Therefore they suffer from the heartbreak of flatus!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 01/22/13 - 02:22 pm
30-06

.30 caliber, introduced to the Army in 1906.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/22/13 - 02:42 pm
Economic Engine

Augusta is home to many chemical manufacturing plants. In addition, chemicals are also used in many other manufacturing processes. Certain weather patterns allow air to hover near the ground longer than usual dispersion patterns. We should be proud of our manufacturing base here and salute. A little odor now and then is a small price to pay for better living.

oneofthesane
oneofthesane 01/22/13 - 02:40 pm
psychological boost to those who are on active duty right now

Yes, because after fighting in war(s), there should always be the thought of the walmart-employment-oppurtunity waiting for them at home with minimum wage. smh.

SRS shipments halted until 2016

Savannah River Site can't resume shipments of Cold War nuclear waste materials to an underground repository in New Mexico until at least 2016 when the federal government reopens the facility to ...