Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

A BIG RAVE TO ALL Fifth Third Bank Peach Orchard Road branch employees. You’re the best of the best!

RAVES FOR Britney at Car­rabba’s. My birthday and she made it special. Great service and wonderful sense of humor.

RANTS TO COMCAST FOR playing games with On Demand. It has been off since October. Not even the tech supervisors had a clue who to send out. Then several techs said maintenance and I kept on ‘til Dave came and took over the problem. In one day he found out it was an engineering problem and got it fixed. Raves to Dave ... You are the best! Paul and Floyd need to be a little more sensitive to customer needs and follow up after the fifth or sixth visits to same address for same problem.

HUGE RANT to Georgia Power. I find it extremely disturbing that the nuclear reactor that is on its way here was manufactured in South Korea. There are already concerns out there about inferior steel coming from that part of the world. But to buy a nuclear reactor that was made anywhere but here is insanity.

SEN. SAXBY CHAMBLISS writes, “I believe that the ability of sportsmen, hunters, gun enthusiasts and citizens concerned with their personal safety to own a gun, whether for sport or protection, is clearly defined in the Constitution and must not be compromised.” Cha­m­bliss completely ignores the main reason for the 2nd Amendment, that being to keep citizens armed so government will be afraid to destroy freedom by grabbing total power. Be careful of Chambliss.

AN ENTITLEMENT IS a right to something, not a gift. You have a right to Medi­care, but if you got back what you paid into the program, you would only be entitled to one-third of the cost of care you would be eligible to receive. So it is a fact that Medicare is also one of those government welfare programs.

THE ARTICLE “Report warns climate issues hurt economy” will probably be the next reason used by Obama to explain the faltering economy. He has ridden the Bush excuse too long. Now has to launch a new theme.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 01/21/13 - 01:27 pm
I'd bear mine....but I don't

I'd bear mine....but I don't want to get arrested. :-)

Jane18
Jane18 01/21/13 - 01:29 pm
literallyamerican @ 10:14am

I am guessing you never read The 2nd Epistle of John, verses 9, 10, and 11!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/21/13 - 01:40 pm
Assault

What makes a weapon an assault weapon? Is it the weapon itself or the manner in which it is used. In Diane Feinstein's world, any semi-automatic weapon (i.e., a weapon which fires a single round upon each distinct operation of a trigger up until the shooter stops operating the trigger or until the loaded magazine is expended of projectiles) is classified "assault."

Now, let's look at SingleParent’s previous post:

I own assault weapons and have since I was a kid, because my Dad was an instructor/Army shooting team member. But most want them for cruel intent or some rise up that is self created.

Where in the world did SingleParent get that assertion? Did Gallup put out one of his famous polls? Did it come from the ABC News/New York Times poll? Or did it come from the vivid imagination of SingleParent?

How does anyone really know why people (even "most" people) want the weapons they have the right to own legally? Even more important, why does it matter?

KSL
120929
KSL 01/21/13 - 02:12 pm
Google 2nd Amendment

And you will get several recent interesting articles and comments. There is a disturbing one by Colin Powell earlier today and this

allhans
allhans 01/21/13 - 04:39 pm
Folks collect all sorts of

Folks collect all sorts of things, so why not guns.

royrdsjr
royrdsjr 01/21/13 - 04:41 pm
Resistance Is Futile to the Barack Collective

So dear leader,the anointed one,Jamie Foxx's "lord & savior",the second coming of Robert Mugabe,& Kim Jong Il reincarnated,Barack HUSSEIN Obama's agenda is to assimilate us into the Borg "Collective?" I guess "resistance is futile," huh?

literallyamerican
literallyamerican 01/21/13 - 05:13 pm
LOLOL

Goodness I was just asking...I don't have any guns (I think I would like one though). I was just wondering WHY someone would need an arsenal of guns? Just a question...not getting ready to burn the constitution or anything. In a couple of posts my knowledge of the Bible was questioned, I was asked WHY shouldn't they be able to own a lot of guns..... Thank goodness I am NOT a liberal who was considering coming to the other side--not a very warm reception.

KSL
120929
KSL 01/21/13 - 06:05 pm
Just wondering

After Sandy Hook, guns and ammo raced out of stores. Will there now be a run on Hello Kitty Bubble Guns?

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/21/13 - 06:37 pm
False Statement

As LL noted Single Parent's post struck me as illogical, too. This line: "But most want them for cruel intent or some rise up that is self created."

That negates anything he/she said because it is a totally false and pejorative statment.

Mother tries to conceal newborn's birth

Cierra Y'Kesia Simms, 22, initially told Richmond County Sheriff's deputies about 7 a.m. Wednesday that she had discovered the baby on the ground behind the Masonic Temple on Wrightsboro Road, ...