Rants & Raves

SOMETIMES COPS ARE part of the problem.

A HUGE RAVE FOR MACH Academy. Mentoring youth in the skills which will serve them well as they make their way to becoming contributing citizens is not at all easy. Betty Jones and crew are to be congratulated.

I THINK IT IS A shame anybody would think that Hillary Clinton would plan her injury. Who wants to fall and have a concussion and a blood clot? I hope you ask God to forgive you.

I WISH A NON-CABLE channel can show some of the commission meetings in evening broadcasts. We can use the drama, the comic relief moments, the crying shame moments to get our emotional and mental highs and lows better than from the now extremely few soap operas that only play out in the daytime.

WHO IS MINDING THE store? How can the cost of the Salt Waste Processing Plant at the Savannah River Site go from $440 million to $1.3 billion? They blame design and material problems but who is really accountable for the increased cost – the contractor or DOE?

MARION WILLIAMS JUST wants to be seen on television. Is there any way you can report the news without listening to him?

WILL THE PERSON WHO took my wife’s coat with church keys in it from the store the day after Christmas please return it?

PURPLE DODGE police cars? Really?

OBAMA’S PRESS GUY, Jay Carney, said, “Debt reduction is not a worthy goal.” Now you know. Obama has no intention of reducing the government’s debt, so he plans to continue sucking the taxpayers dry. Then freedom disappears.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL me why driving in the left lane even when there is no traffic is the norm now? Is this area that confused about the laws of driving in Georgia or do they actually think they are entitled to be able to drive in the left lane? I cannot wait for comments on this.

RANT TO THE two brothers killed when their car hit a tree while running from the police. The responsibility lies with the brothers, not the police officer who was just doing his job. They made a choice to run and it killed them.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 01/19/13 - 08:57 pm
"I THINK IT IS A

... shame anybody would think that Hillary Clinton would plan her injury." Really? I think it a shame a liar and dissembler like her would be in a position of power despite a history that would make that suspicion possible, even probable.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 01/19/13 - 09:02 pm
"Obama's press guy... Debt reduction is not a worthy goal.

... Now you know. Obama has no intention of reducing the government’s debt..."

"Now you know"? Where've you been? The rest of us who aren't acolytes of the The Obamessiah knew before his being annointed.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/19/13 - 10:11 pm
Spending Reduction

Even if Congress plus the president do not reduce the debt, they can at least reduce some spending somewhere by closing down a bureau, cutting staff in an office, reducing hours at an obscure historical monument. Do something, even if only a token, only a symbol. Don't act like nothing at all in the government can be eliminated.

rebellious
20630
rebellious 01/20/13 - 12:59 am
WILL THE PERSON WHO

Could the ranter please give the name of the church and give the crook a little more specific info, please?

american rose
american rose 01/20/13 - 01:24 am
No Criminal intent found in wrong-way crash

She could have stopped, pulled over and turned around. But she didn't!

KSL
KSL 01/20/13 - 02:23 am
With her husband hanging out

With her husband hanging out the window, she could never get away with claiming she did not know.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/20/13 - 07:23 am
Hoodwinked Again

Jeeps to be produced in China?!?!?! Glad all that money that went to Detroit is helping American workers. What say you Mr. Emperor?

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/20/13 - 08:00 am
Hillary

The rant about those who questioned Hillary, I never said anything about her head injury although I did question her trip to Australia and her flu illness. But I wonder if the injury will affect her presidential ambitions. How is her head after the injury? If her head is okay I'm sure Bill is relieved.

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 01/20/13 - 08:55 am
National Debt is not a problem for Heir Obama Admin.

Give the devil his due:
Jay Carney, said, “The goal remains one that the president believes is the right one and he hopes that in dealing with our further budgetary and fiscal challenges that he will be able to reach an agreement with Congress to further reduce our deficit in a balanced way and to, most importantly- because deficit reduction is not a worthy goal unto itself, this is all about making our economy stronger, making it more productive and allowing it to create even more jobs. That is the most important thing when it comes to economic policy as far as the President is concerned.”

Problem is they have not created jobs, or turned the economy around in last 4 years of the Obama Administration.

The ability to Blame Bush ended the 2nd year of Obama's 1st term.
He had 2nd years of full control to turn the economy around. Instead he chose to spend $100B more each year on National Health, $20B more on Obama giveaway's, raise taxes and move to reduce constitutional rights of the citizens.

If he would only do what he is always saying he is doing, instead doing the opposite behind the curtain. He might have made a Good President.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/20/13 - 09:10 am
Good Morning R&Rs Augusta America

"SOMETIMES COPS ARE part of the problem." OK, lets ban Cops.

"A HUGE RAVE FOR MACH" I am for anything that will contribute to a youth that will make them a good citizen.

"I THINK IT IS" You want me to belive that our King SMNCICBHO, the Hammer & Sickle man wouldn't do something like this to save his image? Yea Right!

"I WISH A NON-CABLE" The question is, how many would receive a HIGH and how many would receive a LOW emotion?

"WHO IS MINDING THE" Do you think they really care, it's the tax payers problem.

"MARION WILLIAMS JUST" Just point and click the remote to another good news reporting station.

"WILL THE PERSON WHO" He will when he finds the church you belong to. Hope that was the only key on the ring.

"PURPLE DODGE" Doesn't Roundtree have friends that drive Purple cars?

"OBAMA’S PRESS GUY" “Debt reduction is not a worthy goal.” Guess now what will be the rest of the Story...??

"CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL" Ah, someone has left lane road rage.

"RANT TO THE" Your Right, Bad choice. (Look at Rant 1, there are many that think it was the Cops fault.)

kc fan
kc fan 01/20/13 - 09:12 am
Mach program

is a good solid programand this rave is well over due. My son worked for Betty and Mike and they run a very worthwhile program. Many students that may have gone off the right path have been guide in the right direction. He played tennis with them and Mike was hard on them, but they never quit. Betty Jones is always seeking ways and money to keep the program going. The tutoring sessions help struggling students as well. Mike wrote my son a glowing recommendation to enter law school. He is now in his last semester and will graduate on May. This rave may need to elevate to a story in the AC!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/20/13 - 09:17 am
Two downers

already on the Jeep post. I can only assume now that the truth really does hurt. And before you accuse me of making something up, take a look at the Huffingandpuffington Post.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/20/13 - 09:21 am
OC

"He might have made a Good President."

That was my Dream the day of his election........It lasted 30 days untill I went to bed on the 31st day and have had a nightmare since!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/20/13 - 10:07 am
RK

"What say you Mr. Emperor?"

HoRaaaa, My dream & plan is working......

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/20/13 - 10:09 am
hmmm did they cover this up during the election?

OK. Now check out what Reuters reported earlier this week under the headline, "Fiat sees at least 100,000 Jeeps made in China in 2014:"

"Chrysler, in which Fiat has a 58.5 percent stake, said on Tuesday it had agreed to make Jeeps in China with Guangzhou Automobile Group. ... 'We expect production of around 100,000 Jeeps per year, which is expandable to 200,000,' (Fiat's Chief Executive Sergio) Marchionne, who is also CEO of Chrysler, said on the sidelines of a conference, adding production could start in 18 months."

So Jeeps will get built in China. A lot of them. Just as Romney said.

PolitiFact hinted with a note of pride in its year-end story that its discovery of the "Romney lie" and the wake it made throughout the media were major reasons the former Massachusetts governor lost Ohio.

The Weekly Standard was first to call PolitiFact on its own inaccuracy.

Mainstream mischief of the lowest kind. Let's see if PolitiFact can man-up and give itself a "pants on fire."

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/20/13 - 10:11 am
Lost in Ohio.....

We are soo duped by the news in the USA...over & over .....over..

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/20/13 - 10:16 am
A Joke B4 B4

As I was driving home this week worrying about all the stuff going on in Washington and how my life and the country I grew up in is falling apart, I saw a yard sign that said:

NEED HELP?
CALL JESUS
1-800-605-3787

Out of curiosity and desperation, I did.

A Mexican showed up with a lawnmower.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/20/13 - 10:17 am
Great idea...put the spotlight on them

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/20/13 - 10:18 am
Funny cgee

btw..I am the one viewing your profile 60 times....someone said you had nekkid pics on there...lol :)

dichotomy
dichotomy 01/20/13 - 10:19 am
Obama is definitely the

Obama is definitely the "listen to my pretty speeches but don't pay attention or report what I actually do" president.

"I will cut the deficit in half in my first two years".......well I didn't cut the deficit any at all and I doubled the debt. Then I told you I would cut spending in my second term and I've already reneged on that and will add another $4 trillion to the debt.

"The cost of your healthcare will go down"......but the cost of your private healh insurance will double.

"I will not raise taxes on the middle class"......just don't look at your pay stubs this month.

"Nobody is coming after your guns"......except for the ones I want to ban.....which is most of them.

"We will work together to ensure the public trust and establish a system of transparency, public participation, and collaboration".......well except for those things that we have to pass in a locked room in the middle of the night and get them signed really fast so we can read them to find out what's in them.

Obama is like a cheap circus magician. Don't look at his face, don't listen to what he says, don't be mesmerized by the theatrics......WATCH HIS HANDS....one is in your wallet and the other is shredding the Constitution.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/20/13 - 10:40 am
^^^^^please read this story

The Siwei deal came as part of Caterpillar's larger ambitions in China. In early 2012, it added Jon Huntsman, the former U.S. ambassador to China, to its board of directors.

We are so naive to the big deals....it really helps to read the news from all sources...even outside the USA.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/20/13 - 11:01 am
No wonder she likes him!

Is Mel Gibson the Father of Jodie Foster's Children?

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 01/20/13 - 11:38 am
I don't recall anyone saying

I don't recall anyone saying they were glad Hillary fell, just suspicious of her story. Anyway not to worry, Hillary having a brain injury would not affect her political supporters in the least.

harley_52
harley_52 01/20/13 - 01:29 pm
Riverman...

You're tip-toeing along the edge. :)

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/20/13 - 01:36 pm
hahhah harley

I was wondering if it was just me thinking ole sly rm....LOL

now off to cook collards--chops& cornbread....cause that is what the country boy wants..YEEHAW!

HenryWalker3rd
HenryWalker3rd 01/20/13 - 01:46 pm
tasteless

How crass of the AC to publish a rant about two young souls that were lost. Typical.

Of all of the rants that could have been published.

May God be with us all.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/20/13 - 02:46 pm
Harley and

Harley and SeenIt...ssssssshhhhhhhh!

Dang, just got a call. I've got to work tomorrow. What kind of nothing holiday is this? I wanted to drink a beer and grill some ribs in honor of MLK. When is Robert E. Lee Day? I want to celebrate that one, too. I believe in equal opportunity when it comes to celebrating holidays.

Jane18
Jane18 01/20/13 - 03:00 pm
Lives, Not Souls

Sorry HenryWalker, the AC was only printing what someone else said or e-mailed. They do not change the wording or not print for politically correct reasons. Everyone is sorry that these young people were killed, but it Was an avoidable accident. The flesh lives of these two brothers were lost, but, their souls and spirits ARE in the presence of GOD, because all souls belong to HIM!

Sweet son
Sweet son 01/20/13 - 03:23 pm
Marion Williams: The big mouthed camera hog!

Don't expect anything different this time around! Just wish Chris Thomas was still at Channel 12 so he could give Marion his camera time and leave Fred alone! LOL!