Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

LEAVE THE AUGUSTA GreenJackets where they are. There is nothing wrong with Lake Olmstead Stadium. They don’t belong in North Augusta; they belong in Augusta.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY no reason at all for that new Liquid Plumber commercial.

I HAVE NEVER BEEN more disgusted with Augusta than I was when I went to the south Augusta tag office. There was a local free racist black newspaper lying all over the counters. This is not the place for such foolishness.

PIERS MORGAN evidently doesn’t know how a guest in our country should act. For one, he doesn’t attack our Constitution. When he goes back to England, the queen should smack him on his bottom.

THE BEST-KEPT secret in North Augusta is the underperforming, outdated schools. Instead of building a baseball stadium, they should update the schools and hire better teachers and administrators.

RAVES TO SYLVIA Cooper’s Jan. 13 column. Yes, attack with all facts on Sheriff Richard Roundtree. But let’s see what all he really does, especially with the money supposedly for charities and subsidizing next year’s charity gala. Let’s see the money counts.

RANT FOR THE rude sales associates. Not feeling like spending my hard-earned money in a store where rudeness is the norm. Maybe some people don’t need to work with the public.

THIS IS A RANT against pop-top cans used for dog food, soups and other foodstuff. They cause a massive waste, since it’s impossible to get it all out like the old-fashioned cans. Imagine all the sacrifice of animals, vegetables, labor, energy and value for people too lazy to use can openers. The food companies should at least make the bottom of these cans accessible by can openers.

I AM A SOUTHERN, white woman, and I would vote for Walter Williams if he chose to run for president. More of our politicians should listen to him and live by his words.

OBAMA SAYS HE’S going to put the full weight of his office behind a gun ban. Isn’t that what bullies do: Throw their weight around?

DEMOCRATS ARE LIKE toddlers. They know if they pout, whine, and fuss long enough the Republicans will cave in. There is now no limit to what the current oppressive regime will foist upon the American people.

I JUST RECEIVED MY paycheck and it’s $40 less because Social Security taxes went up. That’s $80 more a month than what I was already paying into a program that I will never benefit from. People are getting Social Security now who have never worked or paid into it. Thanks to Congress and Obama, the working class will never get ahead!

AL GORE SELLS HIS failing, liberal TV network to, whom else, Al Jazeera. The left doesn’t even try to appear patriotic. Why do they unfailingly support our most hated enemies?

tcowan13
tcowan13 01/18/13 - 09:43 pm
The Should......

The Greenjackets Should Be Left Right Here In Augusta. My Friends And I Have Gone To Many Greenjackets Games. I Personally Believe That Moving The Greenjackets To North Augusta Will Be A Death Sentence For The Team.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 01/18/13 - 11:29 pm
Horrible Joke

... sent to me by a Tech graduate:

The owner of a golf course in Georgia was confused about paying an invoice, so he decided to ask his secretary for some mathematical help. He called her into his office and said, "Y'all graduated from the University of Georgia and I need some help. If I wuz to give yew $20,000, minus 14%, how much would you take off?"

The secretary thought a moment, and then replied, "Everthang but my earrings."

I'd completely forgot about it until CG forwarded it to me again.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/19/13 - 12:52 am
I thought

The ne about Ga being 20 years behind the curve was more appropriate.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/19/13 - 07:32 am
Wetlands

The artist’s rendering of the proposed stadium in North Augusta shows the outfield fence going almost to the riverbank. But at this time the riverbank area is a constructed wetlands for treatment of stormwater runoff. When called on it by the Savannah Riverkeeper, Mayor Lark Jones said, “The city built the wetlands. We surely don’t want to tear them down!”

Well then, Mayor Jones, please get a new artist’s rendering that shows the ponds so the people can see the true plans before they vote on the massive bond referendum.

Jane18
Jane18 01/19/13 - 08:01 am
Agree!

R & R #'s 2,3,4,5,7,8,11,12,13,and 14. To #14, because they love money more than they love The United States! And these same enemies hate us More!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/19/13 - 08:07 am
Couple of Rants Caught My Eye

The rant said: “PSYCHOPATHS ARE everywhere. Cowards are everywhere. Such behavior needs to be dealt with before it is too late.”

I don’t believe I’ll be having a beer with this guy anytime soon.

There there is this one. “THIS IS A RANT against pop-top cans used for dog food, soups and other foodstuff. They cause a massive waste, since it’s impossible to get it all out like the old-fashioned cans.”

What you do is run your finger around the top inside of the can and lick it to get what’s left when the pop-top comes off.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/19/13 - 08:11 am
A guest??

PIERS MORGAN evidently doesn’t know how a guest in our country should act

Who invited him ....go home P Morgan.....the welcome mat has been pulled.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/19/13 - 08:15 am
NOW that is a mouthfull!

Maybe some people don’t need to work with the public.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/19/13 - 08:18 am
Even on here at times....

PSYCHOPATHS ARE everywhere. The rant said...hahah

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/19/13 - 08:19 am
Ditto

But our man Sean keeps them at bay....sometimes...:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/19/13 - 08:22 am
"Catfish" a Liberal

Since it's too cold to fish in the river, I'm going to "catfish" me a liberal today. I'll tell her I have the politics of Eldridge Cleaver, look like Che Guevara, live in an apartment downtown and personally know Barney Frank.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/19/13 - 08:26 am
North carolina humor--heh from cgee too

A man in North Carolina had a flat tire, pulled off on the side of the road, and proceeded to put a bouquet of flowers in front of the car and one behind it. Then he got back in the car to wait.

A passerby studied the scene as he drove by, and was so curious he turned around and went back. He asked the fellow what the problem was.

The man replied, "I got a flat tahr."

The passerby asked, "But what's with the flowers?"

The man responded, "When you break down they tell you to put flares in the front and flares in the back. I never did understand it neither."

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/19/13 - 08:27 am
Peter Jennings

Not that he was ever one of my favorites, but at least he did have the decency to become a U.S. citizen. You listening Mr. Morgan? You wanna complain about MY country then become a citizen!!!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/19/13 - 08:29 am
Today would be a good day for

Today would be a good day for a pot of chilli... I wonder if we have the fixins?

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/19/13 - 08:32 am
KSL, great video of Jesse on

KSL, great video of Jesse on Piers Morgan's show. That was the ultimate discussion of gun control and Jesse won hands down.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/19/13 - 08:33 am
Citizen...noooooo

Send p Morgan back to his home country......his voice grates on my nerves....he is a know it all big mouth...I don't watch cnn as much because of him...

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/19/13 - 08:35 am
Punch in the right place

Morgan will get a punch one day right in his know it all mouth....he is RUDE to most guests..imo

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/19/13 - 08:36 am
Good Morning "Common Sense" America.

Reading the R&R's this am sure proves that there is a whole lot of Common Sense walking amoung us! Land of happy people.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/19/13 - 08:38 am
@9

I think you won First Prize today!

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/19/13 - 08:46 am
SeenIt, did you see that

SeenIt, did you see that other conservative radio guy on Piers Morgan's show the other day? He went off on him bigtime. Wish I could find that video.....Found it.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/19/13 - 08:42 am
@13

I guess you didn't listen to Rush & Neal when they "Told You So."

KSL
KSL 01/19/13 - 08:43 am
Riverman

Thanks. Came in an email yesterday.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/19/13 - 08:44 am
Please find video

I would love for some to get mean with Morgan......he is rude--arrogant--know everything --screechy pumpkinhead....just put that in because I can't use what I want to call him!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/19/13 - 08:49 am
@4

(Wasn't the surroundings clue enough for you) You have to realize, all that material is the beginning of the 2016, 3rd term presidency in play.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/19/13 - 08:50 am
You guys have to check this

You guys have to check this one out. Alex Jones on Morgan. Heh

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/19/13 - 09:06 am
Ratings on Morgans CNn program

I bet the ratings at 9pm have dropped for CNN...

I would rather see olde scraggly Larry King anytime....:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/19/13 - 09:17 am
Thanks RM for video

Now...if we only had duels like in the past...hahah...good enough for our founders....

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/19/13 - 09:35 am
I need a ride to the grocery

I need a ride to the grocery store to get some chilli fixins.