Rants & Raves

IF NORTH AUGUSTA leaders persist on the baseball stadium, I believe a vote will occur regarding the $43 million-plus debt. Should this occur, I feel the vote should only be for actual property owners. After all, the burden will fall on the shoulders of property owners should this venture fail. They will be left holding the bag.

A RANTER SAYS our “most pressing issue is racism.” Alas, yes, the racism exhibited by Obama and his pals; and it shows up in the very areas mentioned by that ranter, namely poverty, class warfare and the economy.

THE DEMOCRAT mantra is: “I will gladly give you a spending cut tomorrow for a tax hike today!” The Republicans are playing along and America is the nation of Wimpy!

GOTTA LOVE THOSE wonderful role models in Hollywood. They have the gall to demand that the “rich” pay their “fair share” while they lobby for and receive the extension of their own tax breaks and incentives. No wonder they set new box office records again.

WHO IS THE biggest enemy of the United States? Washington, D.C. Yep! Our elected leaders are killing us.

PAINE COLLEGE OPENS a new HEAL complex, $8.6 million worth of spending by a college that has shown it keeps its books as well as the federal government keeps its book.

RANT TO THE WRITER criticizing the religious articles/letters in your paper. RAVE to you for these printings and especially the prayers. Sure beats news of those churches in the Chicago area approving same-sex unions. What Bible do they read?

AUGUSTA-AREA Republicans, don’t vote for Nathan Deal 2014. It would be better to have a Democrat governor and save MCG in Augusta.

THIS IS A RANT to the people complaining about stinky and pesky cats and dogs. Let me remind you that they are God’s creatures just like you are and the only reason they might be stinky or pesky is because of their owners (Yes, I mean people) who have them and don’t take care of them! You would be stinky and pesky if you were not able to take care of yourself, too!

MY CONCEALED WEAPON is like an Automated External Defibrillator (AED). I never want to use it, but I never want to be in a situation where I need it, and don’t have it.

harley_52 01/17/13 - 11:38 am
SeenitB4....

It does seem a little odd, doesn't it?

No matter. I'll just plug along at the back of the class.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/17/13 - 11:39 am
County Sheriffs and Gun Laws

County sheriffs are the most powerful people in most communities and many of them don't favor restrictions the Obama administration wants to impose on gun owners. One sheriff in Oregon wrote Joe Biden and told him he won't enforce any laws that impinge on the constitutional rights of his citizens. He said he won't allow federal agents to come into the county to enforce new gun measures. It would be rewarding if our local sheriffs would announce similar plans. Sheriffs Roundtree, Hunt and Whittle should make it plain they will safeguard our constitutional rights.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/17/13 - 11:52 am
The Duck Dynasty program

----------------------------------------------------------
Try to watch this....funny as anything...they are just being themselves too.....gotta go this time fo sho...

harley ..I'm goimg to pump your #s up...I'll do what ever I have to...hey Seaaaannnnnn...♥

harley_52 01/17/13 - 11:58 am
"harley ..I'm goimg to pump your #s up...

...I'll do what ever I have to...hey Seaaaannnnnn...♥"

I appreciate the concern, but please don't bother. I'm perfectly happy with my points and even if they did go up, I'd loose them several thousand at a time anyway.

InChristLove
InChristLove 01/17/13 - 12:07 pm
"The White House on Wednesday

"The White House on Wednesday blasted a web ad released by the National Rifle Association using President Barack Obama’s daughters to criticize the president on gun control as “repugnant and cowardly."

But they think or say nothing about a President who publicly uses 4 children and "supposably" their letters as a cry for banning guns, to foster his agenda for gun control.

harley_52 01/17/13 - 12:10 pm
The NRA's Ad...

...is superb.

It most certainly DOES NOT attack Obama's children, it attacks HIS arrogance and hypocrisy for sending his children to a school who employs armed guards while opposing that same security for the children of the great, unwashed masses.

There is someone who is "repugnant and cowardly" in this affair and it is NOT the NRA.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/17/13 - 12:20 pm
@ Harley

"I'm not sure what, if anything, can be surmised by comparing the points of various "regular" posters anyhow."

Absolutely nothing. Quantity does not equal quality or vice versa. You have trolls who automatically give red thumbs to certain posters, some who automatically give green thumbs to their favorites, those who are more chatty than others, some who are more serious, some who just read and click, etc., etc.
Pretty meaningless in my book. If they would allow givng points like Skymiles, you could have mine.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/17/13 - 12:26 pm
Our most pressing issue is

harley_52 01/17/13 - 12:36 pm
"Pretty meaningless in my book....

....If they would allow givng points like Skymiles, you could have mine."

A kind gesture, but I agree they are meaningless. I'd be more than happy to donate my points (however paltry) to anyone who wants them.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 01/17/13 - 12:42 pm
Guns in school

My girl child will be one of the ones that will be asked to carry a gun. I'm a hunter - she is not. So - I will take my own shotgun to the school and shoot any SOB that looks funny. However, my child's school is already secure - I won't have to stand guard - thanks to my beloved Columbia County, Ga.

harley_52 01/17/13 - 12:43 pm
"Our most pressing issue is.....

....An ignorant and uninformed electorate who can only see "whats in it for me" rather than the greater good for the country as a whole."

And a political party who is more concerned about manipulating that uninformed electorate to promote an agenda that is contrary to the best interests of the Nation.

They have stirred up animosity among the citizenry and used it to further their political power. The opposition Party simply hasn't been able to compete at the level of depravity necessary to match them tit for tat.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/17/13 - 12:46 pm
It isn't racism

This is a must watch when you have 20 minutes. For those whose knee jerk is to deride the messenger, try to address his conclusions instead. I think it is very enlightening and should be a must read book for every American who sees the issues in the black community as racism.

I hope it isn't pulled. Sean, please watch it yourself befre deciding to nuke it.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/17/13 - 12:51 pm
Asked to carry

Lilly, is your daughter a principal in a Columbia County school? I doubt she will be asked to provide protection; but if she volunteers, she might be given the green light after Gov. Deal's proposal becomes law.

Wary

harley_52 01/17/13 - 12:48 pm
"However, My Child's School Is Already Secure....

....I won't have to stand guard - thanks to my beloved Columbia County, Ga."

Hats off, once again, to Columbia County. What a county!

I'm curious....how are their schools "already secure?"

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/17/13 - 01:04 pm
Yeah, ICL and Harley. Wasn't

Yeah, ICL and Harley. Wasn't that hypocrisy jumping on the NRA's ad for mentioning Obama's children's school, yet he used the kids for his announcement?

About Harley's points, yeah, he deserves more. I'd give him some of mine, too. The whole system is fishy as I've said before.

harley_52 01/17/13 - 01:16 pm
"This is a must watch when you have 20 minutes."

Absolutely brilliant.

I love to listen to him talk and I will definitely read the book. I loved his movie (2016) as well.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 01/17/13 - 01:20 pm
LL - Yes

And now that I think about it, she could carry a gun and use it if needed! Her name would be: John Wayne

bentman
bentman 01/17/13 - 01:35 pm
If it's not obvious

Azziz just sent down an edict instructing the ASU administrators/faculty to make a list of 5 items to be accomplished during the first 100 days of hsi rule to "prove the consolidation is working." Hey Godfather! If you have to demand a list like that it must not be working.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/17/13 - 02:13 pm
Godfather

The nickname fits, Bentman.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/17/13 - 02:21 pm
Entrances

Responding to a comment by LillyfromtheMills, Harley asked:

I'm curious....how are [Columbia County] schools "already secure?"

Good question. I recently was asked to visit a Columbia County high school for the first time. I drove up, parked my car near the main entrance, and walked in. There was no receiving desk, no greeter to direct me to an office, no one to ask my name, no one to verify my I.D. If I had wanted to, I could have been inside a classroom in fifteen seconds without speaking to a soul.

Banning assault weapons will not stop demented people from shooting up people in schools. But making access to students more difficult would be possible by hardening the entrances. First, make sure only one door per building is accessible from the outside. Then, when someone (whether a staffer, student, vendor, salesman, repairman, or visitor) enters that door, they would find themselves in a locked area where they either had to use their card key to proceed further or had to talk to a school official to provide I.D. and state a reason for their being on campus.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 01/17/13 - 02:25 pm
Harley -

Try to walk into one

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 01/17/13 - 02:29 pm
harley_52 01/17/13 - 03:07 pm
"You win Harley!"

Win what, Lilly? I simply asked a question. You are not obligated to answer, as I have recently been reminded.

harley_52 01/17/13 - 03:08 pm
"Try to walk into one"

Why? Little Lamb's experience makes it quite unnecessary.

harley_52 01/17/13 - 03:20 pm
Little Lamb....

....thanks for the report.

I'm very surprised it's still that easy. Apparently the school Principal is waiting for guidance from the government. Pity folks can't think/act for themselves.

As for hardening entrances to schools, I agree it might help. Other passive measures would probably help as well. I still maintain, however, an armed guard (cop, teacher, volunteer, or whatever) is the ONLY rational, achievable, relatively certain measure available to thwart an attempt at a mass killing in schools, or other assemblages of helpless, unarmed people.

I could be wrong, but I believe I read that the doors at New Town were all locked and the gunman shot his way through the doors. When he got to the other side he found a couple of unarmed female employees who bravely, but unsuccessfully, gave their lives in an attempt to stop him.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/17/13 - 03:48 pm
Well . . .

. . . the doors are not locked at the schools around Georgia.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/17/13 - 04:14 pm
If I were a Nigerian scammer,

If I were a Nigerian scammer, I'd want Manti T'eo's email address.

harley_52 01/17/13 - 04:29 pm
"Well . .the doors are not locked at the schools around Georgia"

That says a lot about contemporary American society.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/17/13 - 04:48 pm
Sorry harley

The pumping has started & there is nothing I can do about it now...out of my hands.....long gone train....kaboom.....hopefully you won't pass cgee.....he is TOO PUMPED....by next Sunday you will feel a fullness.....a tightness.....but you will survive it!
:):)

harley_52 01/17/13 - 04:57 pm
Seenitb4....

I appreciate your thoughtfulness, but I really wish you wouldn't worry about my points. I don't.

As for a challenge to CG's points....that's clearly out of the question. CG deserves all the points he has.

Yesterday when I saw my doctor he suggested I should get that "feeling of fullness and tightness" a little less often and lose a few pounds.