Rants & Raves

IF NORTH AUGUSTA leaders persist on the baseball stadium, I believe a vote will occur regarding the $43 million-plus debt. Should this occur, I feel the vote should only be for actual property owners. After all, the burden will fall on the shoulders of property owners should this venture fail. They will be left holding the bag.

A RANTER SAYS our “most pressing issue is racism.” Alas, yes, the racism exhibited by Obama and his pals; and it shows up in the very areas mentioned by that ranter, namely poverty, class warfare and the economy.

THE DEMOCRAT mantra is: “I will gladly give you a spending cut tomorrow for a tax hike today!” The Republicans are playing along and America is the nation of Wimpy!

GOTTA LOVE THOSE wonderful role models in Hollywood. They have the gall to demand that the “rich” pay their “fair share” while they lobby for and receive the extension of their own tax breaks and incentives. No wonder they set new box office records again.

WHO IS THE biggest enemy of the United States? Washington, D.C. Yep! Our elected leaders are killing us.

PAINE COLLEGE OPENS a new HEAL complex, $8.6 million worth of spending by a college that has shown it keeps its books as well as the federal government keeps its book.

RANT TO THE WRITER criticizing the religious articles/letters in your paper. RAVE to you for these printings and especially the prayers. Sure beats news of those churches in the Chicago area approving same-sex unions. What Bible do they read?

AUGUSTA-AREA Republicans, don’t vote for Nathan Deal 2014. It would be better to have a Democrat governor and save MCG in Augusta.

THIS IS A RANT to the people complaining about stinky and pesky cats and dogs. Let me remind you that they are God’s creatures just like you are and the only reason they might be stinky or pesky is because of their owners (Yes, I mean people) who have them and don’t take care of them! You would be stinky and pesky if you were not able to take care of yourself, too!

MY CONCEALED WEAPON is like an Automated External Defibrillator (AED). I never want to use it, but I never want to be in a situation where I need it, and don’t have it.

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 01/16/13 - 09:41 pm
Here is something to really RANT about and it impacts us all

Obamas 23 Executive Orders

Here's a list of the executive actions Obama has said he has taken or will take shortly.

As you read, ask yourself does it stop the criminal or the citizen?

1. Issue a presidential memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.

2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.

3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.

4. Direct the attorney general to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.

5. Propose rule making to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.

6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.

7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.

8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).

9. Issue a presidential memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.

10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.

11. Nominate an ATF director.

12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.

13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.

14. Issue a presidential memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.

15. Direct the attorney general to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.

18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.

19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship, and institutions of higher education.

20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental-health services that Medicaid plans must cover.

21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.

22. Commit to finalizing mental-health parity regulations.

23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 01/16/13 - 09:41 pm
Elected Officials

Please remember that ANY VIOLATION of the US Constitution is an Impeachable offense.

When any leader feels he is powerful enough to cast aside laws made by the peoples elected representatives, that person is defined by a 1000 years of history, and is called

Dictator.

It is time for every elected official to reread the 6 pages of the US Constitution, and Page 6 especially close.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/16/13 - 10:45 pm
And OC,

just how much will it cost and who will pay for all that Toilet Paper brainless action?

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 01/16/13 - 10:47 pm
CG, about the email

... praising Martha Raye: Despite spending three and a half tours in Viet Nam, I never saw one of her shows (nor any of the biggies) and she should be saved a soft seat in Paradise.

BUT there is one calumny in that piece; Jessica Simpson has done overseas shows. She may come off as a bit ditzy and self-indulgent, but she is if nothing else a patriot, and has done USO tours, partly at her own expense.

countyman
19707
countyman 01/17/13 - 12:57 am
2013=Transformation

Augusta Regional set another passenger record last year(2.6% growth rate). 2010, 2011, and 2012 now equal three new passenger records set in a row.

2012= 556,028
2011= 541,843

Expect for the growth to continue at the airport. The direct flight to DC didn't start until July 2012, and the parking expansion wraps up this year. The Augusta Regional Industrial Park and the $7.6 million General Perry Smith Pkwy(connects airport to industrial park) broke ground last year, and the airport is working on direct flights to NYC, a city in Florida, and Dallas.

The city is going strong in many different key areas.
1. Airport= New direct flights/Industrial Park
2. Industry= Rockwood/Starbucks/NSA
3. Large commercial developments= Village at Riverwatch/25 acre development on 15th
4. Revitalization= Harrisburg, Dover-Lyman area in South Augusta, Regency Mall area, Laney Walker, Bethlehem
5. Urban core= GRU developments/TEE Center/Discovery Plaza

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/17/13 - 07:12 am
Devils' Advocate checking in

After much consideration on the gun control issue I may have to change my stance. If guns are outlawed just think of the savings to the government. First the Secret Service could be done away with. The exception would be a few select officers to protect the president in countries where guns were allowed. The SS would no longer be needed when the President is on American soil. State, county, and local police forces would save by not having to maintain weapon qualification ranges for their officers. Not to mention the savings on weapons and ammo. And just think, you would now be able to walk the streets of DC and Chicago and be in no danger. There would even be environmental ramifications. Many species of animals would now rely on nature for population control by way of starvation and disease.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/17/13 - 07:12 am
Good Morning "Knee Jerking" America

and a good one to you too RK. I just love it when someone like you comes out with a real Common Sense solution to a problem.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/17/13 - 07:16 am
Come To Think About It, RK

It would solved 2 problems, no more US murders and balance our nations debt.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/17/13 - 07:22 am
More environmental impact

Just think, the President could now travel in the limo without all the gas guzzling SUVs that carry the SS which travels with him. A much smaller carbon foot print. Just the one car to carry the President, or as it is now the Emperor.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/17/13 - 07:53 am
Heck Yes,

The Hammer & Sickle Man Emperor could even do away with the car and really improve things by doing what the Roman Emperor's use to do. Be carried by his loyal followers.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/17/13 - 08:17 am
B4, I Beat You For The First Joke.

‎4 Husbands

The local news station was interviewing an 80-year-old lady because she had just gotten married for the fourth time. The interviewer asked her questions about her life, about what it felt like to be marrying again at 80, and then about her new husband's occupation. "He's a funeral director," she answered.

"Interesting," the newsman thought.

He then asked her if she wouldn't mind telling him a little about her first three husbands and what they did for a living. She paused for a few moments, needing time to reflect on all those years. After a short time, a smile came to her face and she answered proudly, explaining that she had first married a banker when she was in her 20's, then a circus ringmaster when in her 40's, and a preacher when in her 60's, and now - in her 80's - a funeral director.

The interviewer looked at her, quite astonished, and asked why she had married four men with such diverse careers.

She smiled and explained,

"I married one for the money, two for the show, three to get ready, and four to go."

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/17/13 - 08:28 am
Our tax dollars at work..

This one takes me away..

I learned last night that someone we know has been told she will have to take a cell phone for her daughter...this child is mentally & physically handicapped....can't speak-walk & etc.......but she is in some programs for the handicapped.......welll to continue she will be given a cell that she will NEVER USE--NEVER..no way--no how...
Thank you USA giverment....again our tax dollars at work.....my drugs have increased.....my deductibles are higher.....I'm questioned if I even use bennies I worked for all of my life....

believe me I hate going to Drs....I have been told I need to go more than I do....but the hassle sometimes takes it's toll....I'm surprised an oldie hasn't lost it & gone beserk in public...the day is coming though....
I just hope it is not me or cgee....hate to have our fannys all over the news...lol

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/17/13 - 08:39 am
Dang where is it!!!

Where is the harely & roverman show this am??

Did it change channels or go to radio maybe....I kinda liked it......reminded me of Duck Dynasty a little bit....but the ducks are much cuter.....last night was funny on the Ducks...last night was good & sooo right about dealing with HOAs....no chickens in yard & dang sho no skinning deer from back of pickup...but the duck was right...kids need to learn where food comes from...it just doesn't fall from the dang sky!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/17/13 - 08:41 am
Wimps

If a kid can't stand watching a deer stripped well then we are raising a bunch of wimps....I hope we won't depend on these kids for our food in the future......by golly!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/17/13 - 08:46 am
Oh lordy lordy

A RANTER SAYS our “most pressing issue is racism

No no no...that is not our most pressing problem....our biggest problem is taking the behinds out of Dc.....right now they have put their heads up in a cavity & can't seem to remove them!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/17/13 - 08:50 am
Seenit

I got a little ticked off while at Wally World a few days ago. I went in to get some Aleve. The lady in front of me was picking up some prescriptions. She asked the cashier why the price was so high. The cashier went through item by item giving the price of each. She then told the customer that she could get each for $5 if she got generics. Lady told her she did not want the generics. She then pulled out some type of g'ment card to pay. That's when my blood pressure went up. I was civil and kept my mouth shut when what I wanted to say was "lady, if I'm paying for your dang meds you want the generics"

Before you ask, yes I did see the U.S. Government emblem on the card.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/17/13 - 08:52 am
Food

Especially meats come from the grocery store where no animals were harmed. Geeze seenit.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/17/13 - 08:55 am
hahah

How did you keep your cool RK

Last night the older duck couldn't stop ringing a bell....he said he just couldn't help himself......lol..I soo understand that problem because GOB does the same thing....once in a post office they had to remove a bell from the desk because HE WOULD NOT stop punching the dang thing...maybe that is the reason I love watching the show...I can relate with almost everything they do...I live it everyday...right here..lol

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/17/13 - 08:59 am
Yep RKill

The chickens--hams--steaks just fall from heaven into the grocery stores....hahahah......all packaged & pretty....amazing how that happens......no blood/guts ever....& also on tv the bullets fly all over the place & NO ONE is hurt...cars wreck & they walk away.....

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/17/13 - 09:02 am
rant said...

THIS IS A RANT to the people complaining about stinky and pesky cats and dogs.

Give me a dog anytime.....some folks stink more....best friend in the world is a loving animal..amen.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/17/13 - 09:04 am
Wimpy

Ranter #3 sees the light.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/17/13 - 09:10 am
Paine College HEAL Center

I hope ranter #6 knows that over $1 million of the HEAL Center cost was paid by Richmond County SPLOST taxpayers. Yes, that's right; taxes helped pay for the athletic center at a private, religiously-affiliated college. What's constitutional about that?

dichotomy
31989
dichotomy 01/17/13 - 09:22 am
countyman...."The city is

countyman...."The city is going strong in many different key areas."

Yeh....we are still waiting for the "impending explosive growth" out here "south of Spirit Creek" that George Patty used as an excuse to rezone 7000 acres of our property 12 years ago and enable the "city" to raise our taxes.

I think a few of those 7000 acres are still available for "redevelopment".

I need to start raising some hogs out here to pay the increased property taxes on my 16 acres. Can you do that on "Residential" property? I mean, the county violated their own zoning and put an industrial complex and a 4000 gallon chlorine tank on the property next door to my house so I don't see any problems with me raising hogs.

harley_52
harley_52 01/17/13 - 09:33 am
The Duck Dynasty Is...

...much more fun to watch. I particularly like their city-girl wives. They look just a little out of place, but happy to be part of the family.

Dudeness
Dudeness 01/17/13 - 09:53 am
Racism is only a serious

Racism is only a serious issue for those who get rich off of stirring it up. You will never get over race until you get over race.

harley_52
harley_52 01/17/13 - 10:27 am
Racism Is Aggravated....

....and perpetuated by those people who "get rich" and powerful by "stirring it up." The current democrat party uses it as a tool to divide the Country and attack the Republican party. They do it in spite of the damage they know it does to American society. Mistrust, resentment, and hatred are the their tools. Pitting gun owners against those who don't own guns and against children is just another tactic from their overall strategic playbook.

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/17/13 - 10:57 am
War on Women

Another one currently employed by Obama. Works beautifully. Even usually sensible women fall for it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/17/13 - 11:26 am
THANK YOU WALMART!

Happy to see this...

Walmart pledged earlier this week to buy more American-made goods, billing the move as a way to grow the U.S. economy.

It's not just patriotism fueling the vow. The campaign will likely help the company’s image, as the chain is facing criticism over its foreign-made goods in the wake of a Bangladeshi factory fire that killed more than 100 workers. Walmart acknowledged shortly after the fire that the factory was making clothing for the retailer. Plans for Walmart's campaign were in the works for more than a year -- or well before the fire -- David Tovar, a spokesman for the company, told The New York Times.

Perhaps more importantly, the pledge could save the company money, The New York Times first noted Tuesday.

“They’re doing it for both reasons,” Michael Levy, the director of the Supply Chain Institute at Babson College, told The Huffington Post. “Walmart’s not going to do things that are going to cost them more money.” Levy, who has studied the giant retailer for nearly 30 years, said the shift to American-made products will allow Walmart to cut costs on transportation and inventory.

Already about two-thirds of the products sold by Walmart's U.S. unit are American-made, grown or sourced, according to Reuters. But on Tuesday, the company announced it would aim to buy $50 billion more in U.S.-made goods over the next 10 years, in areas like appliances, sporting goods and towels.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/17/13 - 11:30 am
My duck at this house

He has plans.....I think we are getting more guns...ammo....deer stands & such....the way this dang giverment is going we will have to take care of ourselves......fish-hunt-protect-he said we need a new American flag too.....
OOoh how he could fit in on Duck Dynasty.......haha

seeya

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/17/13 - 11:32 am
Harley

I just can't understand why your points are so low....jest ain't fittin--jest ain't fitten!