Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

SOMEONE STOLE my newspaper from my front porch. I called to complain and your carrier came right out with another paper. I really appreciate it.

NOTHING IS COMING across that river with the name Augusta Greenjackets on it. And 900 parking places for a 5,000-seat stadium is insane with a two-lane road the only way in and out.

THE STATE OF Georgia is at “risk of losing $30 million in federal highway funding.” Will state politicians ever learn that each dollar they accept from Washington lowers the sovereignty of the states? The feds have become dictators and state politicians continue to think the feds are superior. If Georgia pols want to spend $30 million on highways, they must cut spending somewhere else. Of course, no career politician can learn such obvious common sense.

THE ATHENS SCHOOL (carefully called a “health science campus”) that would never take away the Augusta Medical College of Georgia is “taking shape” in Athens. Of course, with typical politicians’ confusing lingo, the medical students seem to be called “Medical Partnership” students. Have we passed the point where there is even one elected official left who will tell the truth?

WHY DO STUPID people do stupid things? President Putin has signed into law the banning of Americans from adopting Russian children, which means that thousands of orphans will end up living a life of misery without any hope of a bright future. What a disgrace!

I HAVE ALWAYS thought that man’s best friend was the dog but not so according to South African President Jacob Zuma. He also maintains that owning a pet is part of white culture! You would think that by now there should not be any place in society for thinking like that?

MORE PEOPLE SHOT and killed in Augusta. It’s sad to contemplate, but has anybody checked to see how many of the killers and victims were on welfare, food stamps, etc.?

A RAVE TO THOSE lawmakers advocating restrictions on assault rifles and high-capacity magazines. These weapons have absolutely no justifiable civilian use.

I DISAGREE with the person who said the whites are overlooked; there are just as many whites receiving assistance as blacks. Check out DFACS.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 01/14/13 - 11:48 am
Thanks LL and River. I can

Thanks LL and River. I can continue then to post about Who is Not shopping in Augusta.:)

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 01/14/13 - 12:01 pm
If the liberals can rename things For PC reasons, so can we.

It is NO LONGER PC to call a Defensive Protection Device (DPD)an Assault Weapon.

whyme
2070
whyme 01/14/13 - 12:09 pm
thoughts...

1) just so you know...when you call the AC and complain, the carrier gets charged some sort of fee, I was told. My carriers used to beg me to call them directly if there was ever an issue with the paper, as they already don't make a lot. I told the AC that I shouldn't have to do that.
2)let's be honest. N. Augusta is getting their act together, doing great things with their downtown area, landscape/appearance, even their Christmas parade is more tasteful. So if they want to improve the athletic scene, they'll probably do a great job. We could use some lessons from them.
3)now it's pets are part of the white culture. Until our own ideas of culture change from color to character, these things will continue to keep us all from going forward.
4) it's sad that Russian adoptions are ending but like everything else, from the hungry to the lonely to the orphans, we have them in our country as well and we need to step it up because all of these situations could be eliminated to a huge degree, but something's keeping things from improving. Government? Individual preference?
5) it doesn't matter whether the people who are shot are on welfare or not. what matters is that people are being shot, period. see #3.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/14/13 - 12:14 pm
Willow, it is only valid if

Willow, it is only valid if you post about who is not shopping if you mention the stores that are not here. We've started a whole new system of logic here, thanks to Countyman. You could also reverse it and say I wouldn't have done something if it hadn't been there. That's the one I'll use to get out of trouble.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/14/13 - 01:16 pm
From today's WH press conf:

"to repeat what I’ve said earlier -- if there is a step we can take that will save even one child from what happened in Newtown, we should take that step."

Really? You are willing to stomp all over 300 million citizen's 2nd Amendment rights to save one child? As I said yesterday, just inject "children" into the equation and way too many lose all sense of practicality and reason.

Life is brutally unfair at times, and you can't legislate that away.

And by the way Mr. President, it would be wonderful if you had the same concern for the unborn...

nocnoc
nocnoc 02/20/13 - 01:36 pm
....

........

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 01/14/13 - 01:52 pm
I've posted before

... once "the children" are the primary plea for or against something, that that is prim facia proof there is actually no logical argument that can withstand scrutiny.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 01/14/13 - 01:54 pm
"... did he update the

...US Constitution recently?"

The Obamessiah don't gots to heed no steenking Constitution!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/14/13 - 02:01 pm
Boy I like the nail guns

Just saying...they just may come in handy one day....we don't have a law about them DO WE!!!!

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 01/14/13 - 02:07 pm
RE: Foreign Adoptions

Think for a minute and the answer becomes obvious: When it is less burdensome to travel to a foreign country, deal with a foreign bureaucracy in a foreign language than to overcome fierce opposition from American government which seems to want to keep children in poverty. Couple that with the US legal system in which adoptions are as permanent as political promises; after years of rearing a child the kid can be returned to their sperm/egg donors by judicial fiat. Not to mention a parent who gives up her baby with promises of anonymity can find the child on her doorstep years later.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/14/13 - 03:44 pm
Not

Not only am I not shopping tonight, I'm also not eating out at a restaurant. The only questions for me are, “Which stores am I not shopping at, and which restaurant am I not eating at tonight?”

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/14/13 - 03:47 pm
Lame Duck

Even when Obama becomes a lame duck (mercifully) because of Constitutional term limits, he still speaks and acts as if he is campaigning. That press conference today was sick, sick, sick.

single parent
single parent 01/14/13 - 04:49 pm
Does Not Matter

You have to fix the people before you can fix the guns. Mexican laws are what? Yeah that did not work out to good, all of the crooks have the guns!
IE Last night my car went out got drunk and ran over two people, when I woke up I asked my car what the heck did it do? Really, so the car did it all by itself? Same with a gun.
Race has not a darn thing to do with stupidity/ignorance. For you scholars "STATISTICS has brought this country to its knees, with the monkey see monkey do approach! So while you are looking at statistics, somebody if ripping your butt off!
Put this up in your top piece: I read that x billion of dollars will go towards covering the "INSURANCE" pay outs for Sandy! WAIT WAIT WAIT! I pay car,home, chicken, lizard and any other insurance and never have a mishap. Where in the flying cow horns does all of that dormant money go? Especially when a disaster occurs you are refused help and you are told read your policy!
What I am trying to say "WE" created this "BS" and the same people that are allowing this to continue are the same people you and I know, be it family, old friends or hey I know/knew that guy/girl.
THE BOTTOM LINE IS "IT AIN'T NO FUN WHEN THE RABBIT GOT THE GUN" Believe that!
This is why we are hated around the world and hate each other for no reason other than that guy/girl has a bigger big than I got! ! To put it in simple terms, we are taught to be the way we are from day one!
Go back back read the post(S) and then look around; "ARE YOU ONE OF THESE PEOPLE?"

Turkeys taste own medicine

I got up and out of my sickbed so I could write this column because it’s time for the annual Turkey of the Year awards, the highlight of the holiday season.