Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

AS A FORMER employee of Dr. Wayne Frazier, I think he should have been let go years ago for the way he talks to his faculty and his students.

GROVETOWN COP Chief Gary Owens overstretches in equating a BB gun in Georgia with the insane shooting of 26 people in Sandy Hook, Conn.

THERE NEEDS TO BE an investigation. Sheriff Richard Roundtree has been in office for less than a month, and he is already demoting or reassigning those people who were in authority over him when he was in the department before.

PRESIDENT OBAMA will try to change the law so that he can run for a third term. Remember, you read it here.

WHEN THERE IS A change in names, it should be the voter’s choice, not Georgia Re­gents University Presi­dent Ricardo Azziz’s. If he wants to run the city, why doesn’t he run for mayor? He is like a dictator. Get rid of him. Don’t be such a fool.

SO, BB GUNS won’t hurt you? As a 9-year-old, my friend was shot playing in his own yard by a boy playing in the street. My friend is now an adult. He has gone from poor vision to blindness and finally the removal of the eyeball. Tell me they don’t hurt.

RAVES TO MR. Charlie Burley (Pete.) He is so kind and caring to other people. Raves to him and his family. He is a wonderful man right here in Harlem.

A RANT ABOUT PEOPLE who were raised on spending other people’s money, never learning to live within their own means, never learning about how to use a budget for income and expenses, relying on handouts like food stamps, unemployment, welfare, housing subsidies – believing that they are entitled to them. … These people are the ones running the “business” of our county, our state and our country. No wonder we are broke.

A RANT TO THE WOMAN in the car repair shop waiting room who kept yelling at the Fox News program on the television about the lies they were making about President Obama. You loudly proclaimed that he had to fix 16 years of Bush failed policies. Really? 16 years? Bush I had four and then followed by eight years of Clinton sex and lies. Bush II had to deal with terrorists and Nancy Pelosi. You kept saying the rich needed to pay more taxes. Your mouth told me you had a government job. When are you going to pay?

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/15/13 - 08:58 am
Yall make me wanta get off of this rock...:):)

Stop the world I want to get off
And find myself a better ride
Stop the world I want to get off
Payed in full and now goodbye
Stop the world I want to get off
And find myself a better ride
Stop the world I want to get off
Any place we're passing by

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 01/15/13 - 09:00 am
CG - When you go for it

you for it...

One of your best if not the best non-1 liner.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/15/13 - 09:12 am
Stop the World

Hey, SeenIt, I suppose you have listened to a 1957 song by Patsy Cline about stopping the world. Here is a youTube link:

Stop the World and Let Me Off

Oh, and Waylon Jennings later had a killer version of the song.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/15/13 - 09:13 am
Cgee pleeeezee

Pleeeeze keep playing games with me....hahahah lol

It's so much muuch fun to play withya!!

Some won't get this...but so what!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/15/13 - 09:16 am

I looked for that this am....all google wants to pull up are jump/jive
songs....

Touching words in that song......Cline will always be a fav of mine...♥

rebellious
rebellious 01/15/13 - 09:17 am
Obama's 19 step program

for gun control...... as this develops ask yourself if any one of these steps would have prevented the Sandy Hook massacre. They continue to limit the acquisition of legal guns and cast a blind eye towards the enforcement of laws to ban gun ownership by criminals. All the while those who are prepared to defend the 2nd Amendment are portrayed as kooks, alarmist and overreactionary. Typical Modis Operandi for "fundamental change".

rebellious
rebellious 01/15/13 - 09:23 am
Boiling Frog Syndrome

If you throw a frog into a pot of boiling water, he’ll jump out. But if you place a frog into a pot of lukewarm water and slowly turn up the heat, it will boil to death. And so it is with personal freedom. We’ve grown accustomed to loss of freedom over security over the past 12 years, but that doesn’t mean we don’t continue to be hurt by its effect.

The Boiling Frog Syndrome explains how the American public has come to accept breaches of Constitutional government that would have provoked armed resistance a hundred years ago. The public has grown accustomed to these breaches, and to the federal government conducting myriad activities that are nowhere authorized by the Constitution and accepts them as normal.

The principle is one of gradualism, or what might be called piecemeal social engineering rather than calls for the kinds of revolutions that led to the Soviet Union and Red China. Most people will instinctively resist abrupt, revolutionary change. Gradual change is more acceptable, partly because it is rarely seen in the context of the bigger aggregate.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/15/13 - 09:24 am
One of Clines best ....

This song gives me chills.....why can't they make songs like this....anymore.....

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/15/13 - 09:30 am
Rebel you are so right...

THAT is what happened with the illegals ....we turned our head......& now the votes will change history as we know it....

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/15/13 - 09:53 am
For all the golfers this am..:)

A recent study found the average golfer

walks about 900 miles a year.

Another study found golfers drink, on average,
22 gallons of alcohol a year..

That means, on average,
golfers get about 41 miles to the gallon.

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/15/13 - 10:14 am
Golfers

If you drink at a steady pace and keep new spikes on your shoes, you can increase your average.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/15/13 - 10:25 am
JTF, I wonder why the fired

JTF, I wonder why the fired Eagles coach Andy Reid was in such demand? Do you think it's because he could get Michael Vick to follow him?

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/15/13 - 10:33 am
Great letter to the editor

Great letter to the editor today. He points out if Azziz now wants the ASU campus to be known as Summerville, then the GHSU campus should be known by the area where it's built, Frog Hollow. So from now on I'm referring to MCG-GHSU as the Frog Hollow section of GRU.

Patty-P
Patty-P 01/15/13 - 10:35 am
Rant #7

'These people are the ones running the “business” of our county, our state and our country. No wonder we are broke.'
Uh, no. The reason your county is broke is because of poor leadership, poor schools, crime infested city. The reason our country is broke is because we have spent too much time and money in another country, trying to run their "business" at our expense.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/15/13 - 10:52 am
Bridge

Remember the embarrassing "Bridge to Nowhere" that led to Alaska's senator Ted Stephens’ ouster from the senate? Well, a story on the home page (or News/Government link) talks about Augusta's latest entry. Only instead of a bridge to nowhere, it should be called Augusta's Bridge to Nothing. It is supposed to connect the new Marriott parking deck to the new Marriott Convention Center (which will be cold and dark 350 days a year).

It comes up again (after failing to pass at least twice before) at today's commission meeting at five o’clock.

There's not much interest in the story. Why don't some of our intrepid R&R posters navigate over there and whip up a frenzy — — here is the link:

Simon’s Bridge to Nothing

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 01/15/13 - 10:56 am
justthefacts
justthefacts 01/15/13 - 11:49 am
River

Hmmm, Vick is a coach killer. I don't think Reid wants anything to do with him.

countyman
countyman 01/15/13 - 03:34 pm
Downtown Aiken?

I didn't see it anywhere similar to crime reports/crime map/ local schools tribunals from the surrounding counties. I did notice they had time to print the ALDI article, but nothing about the tribunals.

''Police have arrested a third person in connection with a series of nighttime home invasions and vehicle break-ins that happened in the downtown Aiken area last week.

Officers responded to a burglar alarm on Newberry Street at about 3:30 a.m. Tuesday and saw a man fleeing the area on foot, police said. A perimeter was set up in the area, and officers discovered that other homes nearby had been broken into. They also discovered that a handgun had been taken from one of the homes.

The suspects had burglarized four homes – all of which were occupied by residents sleeping in other areas of the home – and 12 vehicles, police said. At each location, the suspect reportedly entered the home through an unlocked or unsecured door.
A resident called 911 a short time later and said a subject was inside their home on the 200 block of Lancaster Street. The caller said the subject fled on foot.

An additional search perimeter was set up, and the Aiken County Bloodhound Tracking Team and a helicopter from the S.C. State Law Enforcement Division were brought in to assist in the search.''

Is downtown Aiken becoming unsafe?

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 01/15/13 - 03:35 pm
Is Augusta

ever going to be voted best city in America?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/15/13 - 03:59 pm
Most Discussed

The voter registration address controversy story has six comments, the last one posted just after 9 a.m. The pedestrian bridge story has nine comments, several posted after noon. Yet the voter story is on the "Most Discussed" list while the pedestrian bridge story languishes in obscurity. Somehow, I don't think the "Most Discussed" algorithm works accurately.

dstewartsr
20394
dstewartsr 01/15/13 - 04:04 pm
Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/15/13 - 04:30 pm
Effective

Hey, just a few moments after posting about the pedestrian bridge article not being on the "Most Discussed" list, up it popped!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/15/13 - 05:11 pm
Thanks Sean

Ya da man...♥

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/15/13 - 05:39 pm
I'm blown away

Sometimes I really can't believe my eyes when I read about students attacking teachers.....I mean really....I have to read it over before it sinks in...that it really happened .....if we don't get a grip on school kids how do we even think we can handle them when they are 20+ of age...
I don't care what anyone says...the kid needs a WHUPPING....a dang good one....or just close the schools down & stop playing merry go round.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/15/13 - 05:53 pm
now for a lighter side of life

I'm going to calm myself with a beverage.....I think it is white & I may just turn it into another kind of liquid......with some soothing sounds in the background....like calming water over rocks in a stream...aaahhh..

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/15/13 - 05:57 pm
white..ice..water

Well, I got that too, only it's an ice storm here in Nashville (:

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/15/13 - 06:00 pm
Calling my name

Some martinis are callllinng my name.......saying come fetch me.....but B4 I go just a tidbit of info...

DON't ever ever blow dry a monkey...

bye bye stay warm in Nashville