Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

AS A FORMER employee of Dr. Wayne Frazier, I think he should have been let go years ago for the way he talks to his faculty and his students.

GROVETOWN COP Chief Gary Owens overstretches in equating a BB gun in Georgia with the insane shooting of 26 people in Sandy Hook, Conn.

THERE NEEDS TO BE an investigation. Sheriff Richard Roundtree has been in office for less than a month, and he is already demoting or reassigning those people who were in authority over him when he was in the department before.

PRESIDENT OBAMA will try to change the law so that he can run for a third term. Remember, you read it here.

WHEN THERE IS A change in names, it should be the voter’s choice, not Georgia Re­gents University Presi­dent Ricardo Azziz’s. If he wants to run the city, why doesn’t he run for mayor? He is like a dictator. Get rid of him. Don’t be such a fool.

SO, BB GUNS won’t hurt you? As a 9-year-old, my friend was shot playing in his own yard by a boy playing in the street. My friend is now an adult. He has gone from poor vision to blindness and finally the removal of the eyeball. Tell me they don’t hurt.

RAVES TO MR. Charlie Burley (Pete.) He is so kind and caring to other people. Raves to him and his family. He is a wonderful man right here in Harlem.

A RANT ABOUT PEOPLE who were raised on spending other people’s money, never learning to live within their own means, never learning about how to use a budget for income and expenses, relying on handouts like food stamps, unemployment, welfare, housing subsidies – believing that they are entitled to them. … These people are the ones running the “business” of our county, our state and our country. No wonder we are broke.

A RANT TO THE WOMAN in the car repair shop waiting room who kept yelling at the Fox News program on the television about the lies they were making about President Obama. You loudly proclaimed that he had to fix 16 years of Bush failed policies. Really? 16 years? Bush I had four and then followed by eight years of Clinton sex and lies. Bush II had to deal with terrorists and Nancy Pelosi. You kept saying the rich needed to pay more taxes. Your mouth told me you had a government job. When are you going to pay?

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/14/13 - 08:45 pm
Colin Powell

Will some other political party please take Colin Powell? He says he’s a Republican, but has supported Obama in the past two presidential elections. Now he complains that a portion of the party is racist. We can’t stand too many "supporters" like him.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/14/13 - 08:50 pm
For the last rant

For the last rant, I bet the auto repair shop was Republican owned. That’s why Fox News was on the TV. Interesting she chooses to have her car fixed by Republicans.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/14/13 - 09:12 pm
Lance Armstrong

“The liar was the hottest to defend his veracity, the coward his courage, the ill-bred his gentlemanliness, and the cad his honor”
― Margaret Mitchell, Gone with the Wind

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/14/13 - 09:37 pm
I didn't disagree with most

I didn't disagree with most of what Powell said on MTP. Of course, I consider myself more of an indy/moderate too. I did think he overreached with the claim that saying Obama was "lazy" in his poor debate performance was racist. That is what is wrong today; too many look for a reason to get offended.

I think he would be a force to be reckoned with if he ran for office. Very articulate, smart, and sure of himself.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/14/13 - 09:41 pm
So glad I checked in B4 I turned in :)

What Powell said on tv recently is that the Rep had to get rid of the extremes in the party if we want to win in National elections...for instance......
Last year, Republicans likely lost two U.S. Senate seats because their candidates claimed “legitimate rape” is a form of contraception and that pregnancies resulting from rape are a “gift from God.” Last week, Rep. Phil Gingrey (R-GA) again demonstrated the GOP’s frequent willingness to belittle rape by claiming that former Rep. Todd Akin’s (R-MO) legitimate rape comments were “partly right.”

In the wake of these toxic statements about a horrific crime, a leading anti-abortion group is now leaping to the Republican Party’s rescue with a training program to teach GOP lawmakers how to speak about this subject:

That crazy mistep of saying a woman can turn off her body if raped was insane & did cost votes for Reps....
Also birth control measures.....also inserting some type tube in a woman before abortion ....& on & on...
I may not agree 100% with Powell but some of the comments made sense to ME....imho

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/14/13 - 09:43 pm
BB guns

PLEASE!! A slingshot will do the same thing; as will a green persimmon flung from a green limb. A dirt clod came real close to catching me square in the eye during a cowboys and indians duel. It hit my cheekbone eye/socket, causing a bloody mess, but my eye escaped injury.

If it happens by pure accident it is just bad luck. That's life.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/14/13 - 09:43 pm
He is a moderate Rep

He would be a force if he wants to run for president & I think he knows it...
They just might be pushing him for that run as we speak..

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/14/13 - 09:47 pm
10-4 SeenIt. Deliver me from

10-4 SeenIt. Deliver me from the likes of Todd Akins and any who support that fool. That is why I claim to be an Independent; I want nothing to do with the likes of him and Paul Broun.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/14/13 - 09:48 pm
Just like Hank Johnson on the Dem side

We have some dumb bunnies on the Rep side saying some STUPID remarks....esp when it comes to womans body........you would think the ole coots have never seen a woman b4....

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/14/13 - 09:49 pm
Footnote

And I darned sho' can't throw in with the likes of Pelosi and Reid; so where does that leave us?

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/14/13 - 09:51 pm
Some in the south won't like it

BUT my money is on a moderate running on the Rep side in the next election.....
If what we were doing worked....we would have won ...it isn't working!

Polar bears stick with what yaknow...ice & fishing!! :):)

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/14/13 - 09:58 pm
anotherday

Lately I can barely watch tv programs ....they make me sick....esp the cable news......I find myself watching Duck Dynasty--Andy Griffith reruns & such....what has happened to tv......it stinks...

Now for a nice shower.....toddy & beddie bye...♥ Nite yall...

allhans
allhans 01/14/13 - 10:29 pm
President Obama admits his

President Obama admits his worst trait is that he's a little bit lazy and blames his Aloha State upbringing for his penchant for taking it easy.

"There is a deep down, underneath all the work I do, I think there's a laziness in me," Obama said in his interview with Barbara Walters that airs Friday night on ABC.
12/31/11

Fools_and_sages
Fools_and_sages 01/14/13 - 10:29 pm
Romney was a moderate

In case you didn't notice, Romney went from hard right to very moderate in the course of 35 seconds during the first presidential debate. Being moderate didn't make him president. Until the Republicans realize the words "citizens," as used in our Constitution, really does actually mean "ALL CITIZENS," they will continue to slide towards irrelevancy. They can't credibly claim to be the party that supports individual rights when they promote legislation to prevent women from controlling their own bodies, gays from marrying, the poor and minorities from voting, the elderly from eating, etc. The only individual right the Republicans truly stand up for is the right to bear arms. Even as a liberal, I don't have a problem with gun ownership. However, I do have a problem with a party that seeks to curtail most other individual rights and that is what the Republicans try to do. Plus they try to base most of their discriminatory views on The Bible when the Constitution forbids using religion to make laws when it indicates that this country can't have a single national religion in the First Amendment. See, if you make laws based on one religious belief system, you are, by default, implying that that religion is the official national religion. It is unconstitutional to do so.

Jake
Jake 01/14/13 - 11:16 pm
#4

"Remember, you read it here".
Yeah, well I read a lot of asinine comments on here and #4 was just another one.

dwb619
dwb619 01/14/13 - 11:20 pm
Jake

I wonder if the ranter even knows what is required for an amendment.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 01/15/13 - 12:25 am
Republican say stupid things

... which are repeated for DECADES. Democrats say stupid things which are reported once, usually by way of excusing them by the press, and then dropped.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 01/15/13 - 12:27 am
GROVETOWN COP Chief Gary Owens

... wonder when he'll slither off into obscurity to avoid a trial like the last one?

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 01/15/13 - 12:31 am
Colin Powell

... is less a Republican than the Clintons. Pro-abortion, pro-gun control, pro-taxing "the rich." Which part of that is Republican?

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/15/13 - 07:47 am
The rant says...

I hope he doesn't fire anyone...you know some new Sheriffs do just that....a job is hard to find today.....esp with bennies...

I'm giving him a chance & hoping for the best for Richmond county.

Clayton county Sheriff fired dozens on his 1st day a few years back...lawsuits were paid in the millions....not a good way to use county dollars..

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/15/13 - 07:49 am
stewart

We are still saying that quote about the island tipping over...:)

It was soo unusual....it still sticks in my mind..

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/15/13 - 08:01 am
Good Morning "Executive Order" America

In four largely debate topic yesterday "The US Constitution" was mentioned 47 times.That law of the land no longer exist!

America is now the JOKE of the world. Who made it a Joke? all of us. The liberal mindset and the weak ball-less conservatives with our elected leader, King SMNCICBHO, the Hammer & Sickle man.

We are now going to live under the new law, "I Will Tell You What I Want and If You Don't Like It, Tough Poo-Poo!"

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/15/13 - 08:09 am
To Talk Or Debate

on any political issue that is now in play or will be is a total waste of breathing air or finger movement. It will never bring back this Nation the way most of us enjoyed, honored and respected. It is now past the point of "NO RETURN". Like one of the posters said, "Us old ones well all be dead soon and the young ones will be able to enjoy their life's"

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/15/13 - 08:31 am
214 Years Of Senate History Down The Toilet.

The Hammer & Sickle man's BILLION-DOLLAR, left-wing benefactors are busy mobilizing support to RAM through Harry Reid's illegal, rule-breaking filibuster scheme as soon as the Senate goes back into session.

They know that should Harry Reid succeed in finally gutting the Senate filibuster, they'll be able to RAM their entire Big Government agenda into law.

And if you think these last four years have been a disaster, I can assure you, if Harry Reid guts the filibuster - it's only going to get worse.

Massive tax hikes. Out-of-control spending. Gun grabs. Big Labor power grabs. More attacks on our God-given liberties.

There's no telling how far they'll go.

You see, our fight to defeat Harry Reid's attempt to destroy the Senate filibuster is really heating up.

By now, I had hoped Senator Reid would have backed down from his scheme to break Senate rules to gut the filibuster.

But instead, the reverse is true.

And Harry Reid and his Big Government pals seem all too willing to flush 214 years of Senate history down the drain in their mad rush for more power.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/15/13 - 08:37 am
This Will Make The USSA Complete.

At a press conference today, President Obama announced that he is ordering his face be placed on Mount Rushmore.

President Obama said that he has issued an Executive Order to immediately begin carving his face on Mount Rushmore. The President feels that this will create at least one thousand jobs and increase tourism in South Dakota.

The White House Press Corps erupted in applause when the President made his announcement. Representatives from MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, and NPR all wept openly. ”He should be the ONLY one on Rushmore,” gushed MSNBC host Andrea Mitchell.

The last President under consideration to be carved into the mountains of South Dakota was Ronald Reagan. Reagan, considering the overwhelming support and acclaim he received from the American people, seemed a natural choice. The Congress approved of Reagan on Rushmore, but President Bill Clinton overruled the order.

President Obama has bypassed Congress and has ordered the carving to begin. ”I am the first black President. And I think history will show that I am one of the greatest Presidents to ever live. I deserve to be put on the Mount Rushmore,” the President reportedly told the White House Press Corps.

An artist is already working on the model for the Rushmore carving:

Al Sharpton applauded the decision and said Obama should be added to the mountain post haste. He added that Bill Clinton should be up there too. Republicans said that if Bill Clinton goes on Rushmore, than Monica Lewinsky has to go up there, too.

Obama explained to the press why he thinks he should be on Rushmore. ”I don’t think there’s any President more deserving to be on Rushmore than me. I am the greatest leaders this country has ever known.”

Lawrence O’Donnell and Rachel Maddow of MSNBC believe that Teddy Roosevelt should be taken off Rushmore. ”We should put Obama up and take Teddy down,” O’Donnel reportedly said. ”Personally, I think it should just be Lincoln, Washington and Obama.”

Republicans are trying to challenge the Executive Order, but the White House told WWN, “Obama will be on Rushmore. There’s nothing the Republicans can do about it. But they are welcome to visit anytime.”

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/15/13 - 08:41 am
^^^^^^^funnyman

Actually I think the Duck Dynasty should be on the mountain...yeehaw!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/15/13 - 08:47 am
OLe Lance..Lance ..Lance

Hang up your tight pants...I think your grits are cooked ...

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/15/13 - 08:49 am
Downtown.....? didn't see this on here....

A young woman was struck with a gun during a violent robbery in downtown Augusta on Friday night, but the suspect was caught after a chase with GHSU Public Safety.
Jose Ramos, 37, of Augusta, has been charged with armed robbery, DUI, reckless driving, fleeing and a headlight violation.
The 20-year-old victim told authorities she had just parked her car on Ellis Street about 11 p.m. Friday and was walking near 8th street when the suspect struck her in the face with the gun.
"Give it up!" the suspect reportedly told her, demanding her book bag.
The victim gave up her book bag and then watched the suspect jump into the passenger side of a 2000 Ford Taurus and speed off.
Moments later, an officer with GHSU police saw the car driving without headlights and tried to pull them over. The driver jumped out of the car and ran on foot around 9th and Spruce streets. But Ramos took the car and drove to 12th Street where he was finally stopped and arrested, according to a sheriff's report.
It's unclear if the other suspect was caught. Police recovered the victim's book bag, which contained an iPhone, her purse and $27 cash.
QUESTION: Is downtown Augusta becoming unsafe?

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 01/15/13 - 08:56 am
When Colin Powell was on Reagan's Staff

in 1980's as Nation Security Adviser. He push shoved and repeatedly tried a way to stop President Reagan from moving forward with Tear down this (Berlin) Wall speech, Missile reduction treaties, and many other great and Successful Regan accomplishments that lead to the end of the Cold War.

Yes I would have voted for him over Obama, 10 ways coming and going. Because at least he is into America not into socialism.

Doubt the comment?
Read the NON-Faction Book "The Rebellion of Ronald Reagan"
by James Mann
Published by Viking Press

rebellious
rebellious 01/15/13 - 08:55 am
Weeklyworldnews

Is a satirical publication, so I doubt this is reality.......but then again I wouldn't be surprised.