Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

SOMEONE STOLE my newspaper from my front porch. I called to complain and your carrier came right out with another paper. I really appreciate it.

NOTHING IS COMING across that river with the name Augusta Greenjackets on it. And 900 parking places for a 5,000-seat stadium is insane with a two-lane road the only way in and out.

THE STATE OF Georgia is at “risk of losing $30 million in federal highway funding.” Will state politicians ever learn that each dollar they accept from Washington lowers the sovereignty of the states? The feds have become dictators and state politicians continue to think the feds are superior. If Georgia pols want to spend $30 million on highways, they must cut spending somewhere else. Of course, no career politician can learn such obvious common sense.

THE ATHENS SCHOOL (carefully called a “health science campus”) that would never take away the Augusta Medical College of Georgia is “taking shape” in Athens. Of course, with typical politicians’ confusing lingo, the medical students seem to be called “Medical Partnership” students. Have we passed the point where there is even one elected official left who will tell the truth?

WHY DO STUPID people do stupid things? President Putin has signed into law the banning of Americans from adopting Russian children, which means that thousands of orphans will end up living a life of misery without any hope of a bright future. What a disgrace!

I HAVE ALWAYS thought that man’s best friend was the dog but not so according to South African President Jacob Zuma. He also maintains that owning a pet is part of white culture! You would think that by now there should not be any place in society for thinking like that?

MORE PEOPLE SHOT and killed in Augusta. It’s sad to contemplate, but has anybody checked to see how many of the killers and victims were on welfare, food stamps, etc.?

I DISAGREE with the person who said the whites are overlooked; there are just as many whites receiving assistance as blacks. Check out DFACS.

countyman
20082
countyman 01/14/13 - 02:17 am
The truth will set you free!

#4... The medical school is definitely staying right here in Augusta, and 'partnership' is the correct word.

The commercial growth continues to follow behind the population growth. Expect for the new Walmart on Wrightsboro rd to begin construction in the next few months.

The growth happening in West Augusta is truly amazing to watch!
1. Augusta Exchange= Home2 Suites by Hilton, Savannah River Bank subdivision, Tin Drum Cafe, Residence Inn by Marriott, Dunkin Donuts/Which Wich, Tutti Frutti expansion, Medac expansion 70 jobs, restaurant behind Buffalo Wild Wings, etc
2. Village at Riverwatch=NCG Cinemas & Home Goods included on the site plan
3. Washington rd= two 4k sq. ft. retail buildings infront of Kroger, I-Hop demolishing/Big Tree shopping center, Greens on Washington plans, new restauarant on Sherwood Drive, 7k sq. ft. center, etc
4. Wrightsboro rd= Walamart, road widening/I-520 project
5. Pleasant Home rd= Harrington Park & Health
6. 44 acre development at I-520/Walton Way Extension
7. Carmax area= Gateway, Frontage rd expansion, etc

countyman
20082
countyman 01/14/13 - 02:21 am
Shoppers will love to cross the river into Augusta

#2.... I'm positive many people will be coming across the river into Augusta once the Village at Riverwatch, 44 acre development at Walton Way/I-20, and Carmax area previously know as Wheeler Town Park to gain steam in 2013. Whole Foods, Dave & Busters, Trader Joes, Cheesecake Factory, Container Store, Gander Mountain, Bass Pro, Chipotle, Pottery Barn, California Pizza Kitchen, REI, Brooks Brothers, J Crew, etc don't have locations here. Hopefully Trader Joes decides to open in the CBD, but I'll settle for Publix.

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 01/14/13 - 05:47 am
On the rant about stupid

On the rant about stupid people doing stupid things....just what do you expect stupid people to do? Stupid things, right? That's how they get to be called stupid.

KSL
KSL 01/14/13 - 06:58 am
Just as many whites receiving

Just as many whites receiving as blacks? Your education is incomplete. You are not taking in percentages. Maybe your education was flawed.

peace4784
peace4784 01/14/13 - 07:00 am
Adam Lanza was not black,

Adam Lanza was not black, living in a ghetto, or receiving welfare. Another conservative belief proven wrong.

peace4784
peace4784 01/14/13 - 07:09 am
If there was a No Eating

If there was a No Eating While Fat (NEWF) Law in Augusta, the arrest book paper would be as thick as the yellow pages.

peace4784
peace4784 01/14/13 - 07:17 am
Linda Lewis, former teacher

Linda Lewis, former teacher at Glenn Hills High School alleges Dr. Wayne Frazier caused her post traumatic stress disorder. She must be the only teacher in the United States that does not watch R-rated violent movies or television shows.

peace4784
peace4784 01/14/13 - 07:32 am
Jerry Brigham says, "the

Jerry Brigham says, "the black community basically sends us government employees and preachers," to serve on the Augusta Commission. " They never never send us any black businessman." Interpretation: Black government employees and preachers are not taken seriously. Only black businessmen are taken seriously, not black businesswomen.

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 01/14/13 - 10:00 am
FEDERAL facts on ADFC

Last week there was a RANT quoting 70% of white were the welfare receivers. Like I said before a misleading statistic.

READ FOR YOURSELF.
Using Federal Census Figures.

Percentages By Race:
About 1 in 4 Black mothers of childbearing ages were AFDC recipients, higher than the 7 percent of corresponding White mothers.

Hispanic origin: Nearly 1 in 5 Hispanic mothers were on AFDC. By comparison, about 1 in 10 non-Hispanic mothers were AFDC recipients.

Blacks Mothers tend to have a much higher percentage of out of wedlock births and start AFDC in their younger Teenage years? While Whites, Hispanic and non-Black mothers on AFDC were an average of 20 years old when they had their first child.

SEE THE ADDITIONAL DATA

Isn't it time to break the cycle of this Politically Designed Voting Block?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/14/13 - 09:19 am
Rant #2

There is but a two-lane road presently serving GreenJackets Stadium at Lake Olmstead, and it works quite well.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/14/13 - 09:22 am
Billions and Billions and Billions of Stars

If I had a dollar for everytime Countyman has posted the word "Carmax" on here, I would be wealthy indeed.

Of course, some might say the same thing of me regarding the phrase, “What, me worry?”

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/14/13 - 09:24 am
Rant #5 Meshes with Rant #6

Let the South Africans adopt the Russian orphans.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/14/13 - 09:58 am
Heh someone said this on Sylvias thread.

You can tell he scared me and kept me from commenting today. Heh.

and that poster is jest a great biiig gruff polar bear...that's what you are hahahahh...lol....sometimes yall make me run to the bathroom a LOT!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/14/13 - 10:00 am
I like what Countyman is now

I like what Countyman is now doing...listing stores that are NOT in Augusta. Heh..what's up with that?

dichotomy
dichotomy 01/14/13 - 10:01 am
"A RAVE TO THOSE lawmakers

"A RAVE TO THOSE lawmakers advocating restrictions on assault rifles and high-capacity magazines. These weapons have absolutely no justifiable civilian use."

Ranter #8.......You try telling that to the Korean merchants who stood down hordes of looting, burning, beating, murdering, raping rioters in Los Angeles. Nobody touched their businesses. Or maybe the guy across the river who lit up two thugs who broke into his gun shop, which also happened to be where he lived with his wife, in the middle of the night.

And yes, they CAN be used for hunting but that ain't why I own one. It's just like that tool out there in my toolbox that I bought 10 years ago and have never used, or that cargo trailer parked in my yard that is rarely used. When something happens and you NEED them, it's too late to go buy them.

The Constitution does NOT say we have "the right to keep and bear arms to hunt squirrels". It says we have "the right to keep and bear arms PERIOD". And it says that right "shall not be infringed". The definition of infringed is "to limit or undermine". Now wrap your pea sized brains around that. The right to bear arms, any kind of arms, shall not be limited.

If you don't like what the Constitution says you should organize a campaign to change it.

The 2nd Amendment Is My Permit
Issued: 12/15/1791 Expires: Never

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/14/13 - 10:03 am
Countyman says this...

Shoppers will love to cross the river into Augusta

Yes of course they will...they have to come back home after buying goods-gas-tickets in south Carolina...& of course their belly will be full too!

Amazing that some say this "The truth will set you free"......yes it will---yes it will....

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/14/13 - 10:03 am
SeenIt, my new technique to handle any subject

I learned this one from the Log Cabin paper. For any subject, I'll say "I know what really happened and none of y'all know. I know someone involved and he told me what happened. I'm not telling."

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/14/13 - 10:10 am
Hahha

The thing is...WE sometimes do KNOW what really happened ....can't say because we have to protect the innocents...

SM doesn't have a clue how much we have to stifle on here...big ole piece of tape across our mouth.....& believe me it is tuff at times!

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/14/13 - 10:10 am
SeenIt, that was an

SeenIt, that was an interesting thing last week. Someone in the media contacts me and says I know who said a sheriff had physically escorted him out of the building once. He says I will have to go to court to tell who told me because that statement has harmed his career. LOL... Heck, I don't know who told me, it was just being discussed. I didn't even know it is true and asked him about it. I should have said SeenIt told me, contact her.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/14/13 - 10:12 am
Yeah, it was kind of like

Yeah, it was kind of like Brad talking about Tree's Vegas trip with Blanchard. He said HE REALLY KNEW what happened and none of us did. Heh.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 01/14/13 - 10:14 am
Countyman, are you saying

Countyman, are you saying PotteryBarn and J Crew are opening here?

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/14/13 - 10:17 am
seenit ain't talking either!

Try to visit a place with pics if you can...there are some great pics of Strength with Mrs & Silas & etc...Strength looks MARVELOUS.....smile all over his face.....I bet he loves retirement now...

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/14/13 - 10:18 am
Willow, the idea is to list

Willow, the idea is to list stores that are not here. It just makes us sound bigger to be associated with those names. So I note we don't have a Nieman Marcus or NFL franchise. I could say more, " because I know what really happened and none of y'all know. I know someone involved and he told me what happened. I'm not telling."

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/14/13 - 10:23 am
SeenIt, think before

SeenIt, think before Strength. Anyway, I could say more, but I have to go play in that alternate universe.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/14/13 - 10:22 am
What happens when you alienate folks

Some in the news don't get it sometimes......

answer--THEY STOP CALLING WITH TIDBITS OF INFO!

Lots of work going on here but please check the pics...:) seeyall

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/14/13 - 11:02 am
New Strategy

Willow Bailey: If you read Countyman's 1:21 a.m. post carefully you will see he is posting that Pottery Barn and J.Crew are not opening stores soon in Augusta. It's a strange new posting strategy. Just think how long his lists could get if he posts what is not coming to Augusta. For example, I could post that Samaritaine is not going to build a department store in Augusta.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Edited: OOOPS — I did not see that Riverman had the same idea with his 9:18 post. At least we know that the two of us think along the same lines – sometimes.

:-)

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/14/13 - 11:29 am
Assault weapons

Why does the conversation still center on so called "assault weapons" and high cap magazines, when the truth is they are rarely used in criminal activity?

harley_52
harley_52 01/14/13 - 11:48 am
"Why does the conversation still center on...

....so called "assault weapons" and high cap magazines, when the truth is they are rarely used in criminal activity?"

Because citizens armed with these sorts of things would be relatively better able to defend themselves against being overpowered and exterminated by the government.

They really don't give a rat's ankle about it for any other reason.

daphne3520
daphne3520 01/14/13 - 11:51 am
PLEASE!!!!! Lets just use

this for the use it was intended. NOT for a "cliquish," gathering place. There are plenty of FREE Bulletin Boards for ya'll's utilization. (Assuming you know the definition of utilization). Let the flames begin, again.

countyman
20082
countyman 01/14/13 - 12:39 pm
Coming soon!

Willow.... I do expect some of those retailers to open in Augusta very soon(2013/2014)...

I would add the stores H&M and Bebe too the list.

I'm only mentioning the one's Augusta can support easily.