Rants & Raves

COLUMBIA COUNTY ENFORCEMENT: Why can’t something be done in Martinez about small businesses parking their company trailers on property for the sole purpose of free storage and advertising? Most of these companies are from out of Georgia. They are turning our community into a dumping ground. If they need to do this, do it legally.

SOME PEOPLE SHOULD take life as seriously as they take their Air Jordans.

AUGUSTA BREEDS NONPROFITS while North Augusta builds its riverfront.

HAS A “NUT CASE” ever shot up a police station?

DO NOT BE DECEIVED. This current oppressive regime in the White House is not offering any spending cuts. They are not offering not to spend as much as they had originally planned. They aren’t offering to actually reduce what they are spending now.

HENRY FORD ONCE said, “Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”

HUGE RAVE TO Ms. Braswell, PTO Council President! She is exactly right about salaries of RCBOE Central Office positions. There are millions of dollars spent on these people that NEVER see a student and do little to impact student learning. This is where the cuts and furloughs need to be, NOT to the classroom teacher. Two furlough days for central office personnel for every one given to a classroom teacher would be a good starting point.

TO ALL THE charitable do-good organizations that provide free meals to the man that has nine children and the woman that has seven children, you need to provide them with birth control options instead of freeloading.

WANTED TO RAVE for a couple that showed true Christmas spirit at the “Lights of the South.” I had my three grandchildren and my daughter from Fort Hood here during the holidays and decided to take them all to see the lights. I was not aware that they only take cash. I was waiting in line to purchase tickets to see the Christmas tree maze and realized that they only take cash. The couple behind me insisted on paying our way! This act of kindness really touched my heart and renewed my faith in humanity again! What a true act of kindness! Thanks again!

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 01/12/13 - 10:39 pm
"HAS A “NUT CASE”

...ever shot up a police station? Yes, and immediately regretted the decision.

countyman
countyman 01/13/13 - 12:15 am
Both cities can do well

#3. The TEE Center is about to open, and will bring in new money/visitors to the Augusta riverfront. The plans for the GGHF site include a performing arts center, student dorms, and research buildings. The watermark property/train depot attracted over $100 million in private investment before the recession. The Fort Discovery building is under contract, and may equal hundreds of new jobs. City leaders, private sector, etc are behind the $100 million arts campaign now(Imperial, PAC, Miller).

People can say whatever they like too, but you can't deny Richmond County is a vibrant place to live in 2013. Augusta was recently ranked the 4th best city to live(2013)after Boulder, Austin, and Minneapolis.

Cities start to attract recognition when they have multiple good things happening at once(Starbucks, Augusta Canal expansion, Augusta Regional Industrial Park/General Perry Smith Pkwy, Rockwood, I-520 expansion, Wrightsboro rd project, Sprint Food & Metro Market, etc). Take for instance the 45,537 square feet Harrington Park & Health facility coming to West Augusta.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/13/13 - 02:30 am
Trailers In Columbia County Lots

Leave a trailer in a parking lot and it may end up repainted, hauling someone else’s goods.

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/13/13 - 08:20 am
Henry Ford

“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.” Closer to home, look at African Americans. The only people happy and prosperouse are the Democratic Politicians that get elected by contining to lie to them.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/13/13 - 08:28 am
Isn't it legal...

Can't a business park a truck outside the business for advertising.....I see that all the time.....surely they can..big ads on the side of truck...I'm surprised they don't have flashing neon signs on them..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/13/13 - 08:29 am
Ole Henry Ford

He was a wise ole gent....muuuuch smarter than he looked...hahah

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/13/13 - 08:32 am
I'm trying hard to be quiet lol

I can't think of a single city I want to visit because of canal openings...industrial paks....starbuckscomplexs.....I like the coffee though....

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/13/13 - 09:02 am
Well

"I can't think of a single city I want to visit because of canal openings." Venice is nice.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/13/13 - 09:10 am
haahh so is Paris..:)

I bet I know what you guys will be doing today about 1pm..:)

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/13/13 - 09:15 am
Go Falcons!

More nervious than I have even been sans UGA/ND in 1981.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/13/13 - 10:01 am
One line that really is tiring.

I'm watching ABC this morning and this guy says he supports the Second Amendment, but sees no reason why hunters need high capacity magazines or "assault rifles."

The amendment has nothing to do with hunting. Does anyone see hunting mentioned? It's clear they meant an armed population is safer, particularly in reference to oppressive government.

"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence … from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable … the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference — they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
George Washington

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/13/13 - 10:03 am
JTF, know what I remember in

JTF, know what I remember in our football world when I see the year 1981? Ha

dichotomy
dichotomy 01/13/13 - 10:51 am
Ranter 38......."TO ALL THE

Ranter 38......."TO ALL THE charitable do-good organizations that provide free meals to the man that has nine children and the woman that has seven children,"

Amen.

We give them food stamp to feed themselves and their kids (we paid to feed the kids the first time), and then we double up on spending the taxpayer's money and feed their kids a couple or three meals a day for free at school and send them a little something home for the weekend (we paid to feed the kids a second time), and then these charities give them food (we donate to feed the kids a third time).

Meanwhile we pay the baby moma and baby daddy welfare so they can not work and lay up and make some more babies that we can give 9 meals a day.

No wonder the worst obesity crises is in the "disadvantaged" population.

Jake
Jake 01/13/13 - 11:15 am
1981

I remember a sea of orange and a quarterback whose name I can't pronounce along with the Fridge. I also look forward to the UGA-Clemson matchup this year. Go Dawgs!

Oh, and go Falcons! Please win today so you can shut everyone's mouth about not being able to win a playoff game. And if you win today then take care of business next week with that running ink-blotter of a quarterback.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 01/13/13 - 11:30 am
It's all about incrementalism.

To horribly redo an old theme, "I said nothing when they banned assault weapons, I had no need for such. When they banned semi-autos, I said nothing as I didn't own one. When centerfire ammo was banned as 'too powerful' for civilians to be entrusted with them, I was content to hold on to my .22..."

It's not about any one class of firearm; it's about them all.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/13/13 - 11:46 am
It's "thuh chill-dren..."

"Does this sound like we are helping anything or are we just being made fools of by the "feed the hungry children" guilt campaigns?"

"Children" is a word that stops debate cold. We all (99% anyway) have a very soft spot when it comes to the helpless, especially children who didn't have anything to do with the sorry circumstances their sorry mama (and sometimes daddy- generally just a sperm donor though) brought them in to.
Just as you will be labeled racist for saying anything negative about a non-caucasian; you will also be labeled evil, cold hearted, and mean spirited when questioning anything to do with subsidizing children.

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/13/13 - 12:07 pm
River

Yep, I know what comes to mind for Clemson fans. Hurry Sept. Tigers going down. You know we are going to have a friendly bet on that one. Right?
Jake, without double checking, I think the QB was Homer Jordon.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/13/13 - 12:23 pm
OOh you are soo right with this..

It's "thuh chill-dren..."

We are baaadddd people if we don't do right when it comes to feeding the chill-dren...

Free lunches---just read dichotomys post....

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/13/13 - 12:25 pm
11 kids with 10 wimmmen

Just read an article about that guy.....I just wonder how many he actually supports....

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/13/13 - 12:28 pm
Gets me everytime too

Whenever I see the hungry mistreated dogs/cats on tv I want to run & write a check......oooh how we are played with this tactic..... when I get the letter from Atlanta Humane Society now...it doesn't have contribute $10 or $20 dollars...now they want $50 or more ...geez.

Sweet son
Sweet son 01/13/13 - 12:48 pm
@justthefacts

I don't under your comparison of American Indians and "closer to home African Americans. American Indians were here here already. Slaves were bought and brought to America. The American Indians lost most of what they had to the settlers. The slaves had nothing when they arrived so nothing was taken away. Some of the slaves got a real bad deal. Some of the slaves were treated like family. Now on to the so called African Americans. They have a President and a government called the Dept of Justice to take care of all needs.

Pop me if I am way off base.

Son

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/13/13 - 12:54 pm
Sweet Son

Please read closer. I am not comparing Indians with Blacks. My point was that Blacks also depend on the gov't for prosperity. Look where that has gotten them. Yet, they still support the Democrats without question.

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/13/13 - 12:55 pm
Miss America

Ms South Carolina was way better looking than Ms New York. A travesity.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/13/13 - 01:01 pm
About the dad with 11 babies w/10 wimmen

It seems some don't want this program to air on tv...& rightly so.....it sets a bad example & we sure don't want to glamorize this stupidty..

Dear NBC Universal CEO Steven B. Burke, Oxygen Media President Jason Klarman and Oxygen Media Senior Vice President of Development Cori Abraham:

I am writing to demand that you immediately cease production of All My Babies' Mamas. Your company claims that this show is "daring," but there is nothing daring about your decision to invest in and promote inaccurate, dehumanizing and harmful perceptions of Black families for the sake of ratings and advertising dollars.

When Oprah Winfrey and former Nickelodeon executive Geraldine Laybourne launched the Oxygen cable network in 2000, the company aspired to be a strong advocate for women. But since its purchase by NBC Universal in 2007, Oxygen has steadily increased its stable of cheaply-produced reality television programming that exploits women, children and now Shawty Lo's "unconventional" family.

Research shows that inflammatory images like these can result in real world consequences for our families, including less attention from doctors, harsher sentencing by judges, lower likelihood of being hired or admitted to school, lower odds of getting loans, and a higher likelihood of getting shot by police.

Reality television shows like All My Babies' Mamas should never have the chance to gain traction. I understand that you hope young women of color flock to this show — they deserve better.

Sweet son
Sweet son 01/13/13 - 01:15 pm
@justthefacts

Thanks for the clarification. I understand now!

Hey, all of you guys have a great day. I have been enjoying these warm days. I am kinda like Seenit. I am getting old!! LOL! Love you, Seenitl!

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/13/13 - 01:43 pm
Has a nut job ever shot up a police station?

If I remember correctly A terminator killed 23 officers at an LA precinct after uttering the words "I'll be back."
Thank goodness he didn't kill Sarah Conner because we need her son to lead us in our fight against the machines.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/13/13 - 01:46 pm
Hey Seenit

I have my laptop hooked up to my 50" TV. Talk about a different perspective on the rants and raves! Pretty dern cool!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/13/13 - 03:44 pm
Watch that sweetson

Calling me ole as dirt heh.....:)

On another subject--yeh ole Rtree has a past....but so do many others son.....if we put the past of all characters involved on the radio we would have a great soap opera....& I don't mean just the candidates for Sheriff either....heck...most of us on here have a great past history too.....in fact if you don't ...ya just haven't lived much....
I would bet $$$ that ole Sean has a few stories under his belt too.......it is soo hard to find perfect people anymore...:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/13/13 - 03:34 pm
Man with the baloons to his chair!

I saw a great story about this young guy attaching many balloons to a lawn chair...& lifting off into the heights...amazing story so I won't give all of it away..but it kinda reminded me of you shrimp..lol
He made it back to earth & had a great time while away!

Jake
Jake 01/13/13 - 04:38 pm
Igwebuike

Thanks for the correction, justhefacts. Donald Igwebuike was the name I was thinking of but he was the placekicker. Anyway, they had a great team in 1981 but I think beating Georgia put them on the map as far as the polls go because back then SEC teams (other than Alabama) didn't seem to get as much respect as the other conferences.

Georgia Regents' hospital plan chosen