Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

A NEW STOP LIGHT was put into service at the intersection of Doug Barnard Parkway and Georgia Highway 56.

Unfortunately, this light came too late because there have been several vehicle accidents and fatalities at this location.

The same was true at Goshen Road and Highway 56 years ago. There have been deaths and several accidents at Bennocks Mill Road and Highway 56 and at Brown Road and Highway 56. Will others have to lose their lives before stop lights are installed there, too? Let’s be proactive and put up lights now.

FROM WHAT I READ in The Chronicle, a number of churches in the area are approaching mega status. Since they have such a large amount of money for more buildings, I think it is time to tax the daylights out of them. Put the money toward teachers and law enforcement.

ALL OF THE WELFARE programs should be put on the table. To make sure that race is not a factor, it should be known that the majority of welfare recipients are white (70 percent).

Proportion does not matter when we are talking about total dollars, so the facts do matter here. Other welfare programs include, but are not limited to, Social Security, grant programs and business loans.

I AM STILL WAITING ON Ted Nugent and all of the others who promised to leave these United States if the president were re-elected to honor their words. Please leave and don’t look back: This includes all of the locals who promised to do the same. Bye!

IT IS GOOD TO have the crime chart to look at. It would be great if they filled in information regarding each location.

KUDOS TO Marietta Conner (Momma Doc) for what she is doing for the Olmstead Homes community. She instills in the children discipline and responsibility and gave out bikes and a meal to those who were following her rules.

She is an inspiration to all of us.

RANT TO DRIVERS who don’t know how to make a left-hand turn. It should be a 90-degree angle, not a 45 where you cut into my lane and almost hit me.

RANT TO THE Columbia County Library. Kids running around screaming, desk clerks loudly talking. It’s like a zoo! Doesn’t anybody tell people to be quiet? It’s a library.

YOUR SUNDAY OPINION section resembled a bulletin from some church. It’s bad enough that on Sundays the radio and TV is loaded down with religious programming. Please keep the Chronicle focused on real issues.

boomhauer
boomhauer 01/10/13 - 06:13 pm
#1 "A NEW STOP LIGHT" ...All

#1 "A NEW STOP LIGHT" ...All the stop lights in the world can't stop stupid people who can't seem to pay attention while they're driving. I live in that area and those of us that live out here are safe drivers for the most part, it's the people going to Plant Vogtle, Waynesboro etc that drive like a bat out of hell and/or not paying attention that seem to cause these accidents.

It's a shame people have to lose their lives when it's so simple to just slow down (speed limit) and pay attention to other drivers around you as you drive.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 01/10/13 - 07:09 pm
"I AM STILL WAITING ON

...( those) who “promised” to leave these United States if the president were re-elected ..."

Maybe they can't book a flight with all the liberals ahead of them who made the same promise eight years ago if Dubya were re-elected. Perhaps that's why Alec Baldwin is hawking airplane tickets!

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 01/10/13 - 11:07 pm
"... (C)hurches in the area are approaching mega status..."

Hear, hear! Every dime store and nail place that goes out of business springs up like some noxious mushroom after a crapstorm as yet another 'starter' church, taking yet another property off the tax rolls. And the established churches devour the best properties piecemeal without contributing a dime toward the common good. Freedom of religion should not mean free ride on the taxpayers.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/10/13 - 11:26 pm
Before I Hit The Sack & Wake Up To Another Good Morning America

I have to respond to a question asked by Sargent First Class Retired 85

Who is this CobaltGeorge guy and why does he point a gun at us?

That is easy, ask any poster with over 1500 Points and they will give you - The Name, Rank, Serial Number, DOB, Location and tell you to click on my name, enlarge the Gun and get an email address for addition information. You are welcome to join the 100+ I hate your Gun Club. They are a fun group who love to email me about the Gun.

Now for a 13 pointer with only 3 post (3 points for each, 4 Uppers, 3 Downers and a possible poo-can for the other 3) looking at the following posts...I think you may be off to a rocky start.

1. RMSHeff wrote "If you look up the word hypocrite in the dictionary you will see a picture of Al Gore."
I looked it up in the dictoinary just like you said to and there wasn't no picture of Al Gore there. That means you told us a lie and I reported it. (BAD MOVE.)

2. Humble Angela wrote: "uber wealthy"

What's an uber? Is it one of them things hangin' on the bottom of a cow?

(Messing with this lady, may just make you think you have been butt chewed by a General)

By the Way, You wouldn't by any chance be a reincarnated old friend of mine with a new name, Would You?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/10/13 - 11:35 pm
I'm Going To Say Good Night

and leave you all something to read and view about our Honorable Al Gore.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/11/13 - 05:41 am
Cobalts gun will not harm

Cobalts gun will not harm you... unless you are trying to harm him or one of his loved ones... or any innocent person for that matter.

Good morning George.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/11/13 - 05:43 am
Speaking of guns

When will people realize one of the major reasons our countries founders included the second amendment was so that the government wouldn't be the only one with firearms. Study your history folks.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/11/13 - 06:44 am
A Good Morning & God Save America and to You Too RK.

Been awhile, sure great to see that you are still rolling them their wheels.

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 01/11/13 - 07:46 am
How to avoid the True with misleading statistics.

The RANT quoting 70% of white welfare receivers is true, BUT misleading.

The Federally provided AFDC figures NOT adjusted for racial populations numbers are:

Black 39.8 %
White 38.8%
Hispanic 15.7
Asian 2.4
other 3.3

Using Federal Census Figures.
see page 2

To determine the real statistic valve being discussed, we need
a Percentage per Ethic group, not a Total number of the National Population. Adjusted to reflect the numbers for each ethic group we quickly see the correct correlation.

When looked at in groups of 1000 USA whites vs. 1000 USA Blacks or 1000 Hispanics.

Aid to USA Black and Hispanic welfare recipients is greater, in proportion to the size of their populations than is aid to US White recipients.

So The RANT of 70% Whites is correct BUT very misleading.

Because Whites are in higher physical numbers in the total US population.

But since we are discussing a percentage per racial population:

The USA Black population has a higher rate of being in Poverty and on what is called Welfare than USA Whites.

Plus USA Blacks draw $$$$ more per person than USA Whites or Hispanics. Ranging from $1000 to $1500 more over USA Whites or Hispanics.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/11/13 - 07:49 am
A GM To You Too OC

It's so good to have you around to round off the figures and place them their facts and figures in the right location.

Good Morning TSD, I see you is up early today. Hope today is a good downer day for you.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/11/13 - 08:00 am
@8

You have to realize that we are now living in modern times. The old days of library silence has RIP with the onset of PC. Try and say something to those unruly being brought up snots and see what happens, another civil disturbance report!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/11/13 - 08:04 am
@9

It's Sunday....God IS THE ISSUE!

If it offends you, subscribe to an atheist Newspaper on Sunday.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/11/13 - 08:10 am
@5

I think it pretty well describes the information and location good.

Just wish they would post a CC report right next to it. Will, maybe not! Might be just too embarrassing.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/11/13 - 08:18 am
@1

OK, you get stop lights at those locations. So what do you do now about the one's that don't stop for Red Lights?

I know, start complaining all over again.

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 01/11/13 - 08:24 am
RANT - churches in the area are approaching mega status...`

The Question you pose then is:

At what point does a Church quit being a place of GOD, a Holy Place and becomes corporation or LLC?

Even Fred Russell knows better
than to Tax GOD's Work, excluding his Rain that is.

Jane18
Jane18 01/11/13 - 08:41 am
Cobsalt George's Gun...

....doesn't scare me. I feel safe when he's commenting..............

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/11/13 - 08:45 am
OC

Has someone informed you of tomorrow nights gathering?

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 01/11/13 - 08:55 am
It took a lot of digging But I found the Sandy Hooks Timeline

It worth a good read to better understand how things played out starting weeks before and to after the shooting.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/11/13 - 09:32 am
Rant #1

Yes, there is now a traffic signal at Goshen Rd. and Hwy. 56. There have been quite a few accidents there after the signal was put in. Augustans are famous for running red lights.

dichotomy
dichotomy 01/11/13 - 09:55 am
Ranter #3..."Other welfare

Ranter #3..."Other welfare programs include, but are not limited to, Social Security"

Since the government confiscates a considerable amount of money out of our paychecks for 40+ years to fund Social Security I do not think it can be classified a welfare program.

If the government had not forcibly taken my money since I was 16 years old I could have invested that money and I would be drawing 4 times as much right now and when I died I could leave the balance to my kids.

Social Security is NOT a welfare program. It is a pyramid scheme forced on the taxpayers under the liberal theory of a "safety net". I did not ask to have my money taken, but since they did I hope to live long enough to get ALL of it back PLUS compounded interest. Y'all need to keep working and pay your taxes until I get my progressive "investment" back.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/11/13 - 09:56 am
Police

How many public schools are there in the United States? 10,000? 50,000? More? I haven't a clue, but I'm sure there are many. Here is a story from the Associated Press by Seanna Adcox:

COLUMBIA, S.C. — Putting a police officer in every school in South Carolina is a necessary, commonsense approach to preventing shootings, according to the state's top law enforcement officer, who also said Thursday that he opposes any proposal to arm school employees. "I truly believe a school resource officer in all our schools is a must," State Law Enforcement Division Chief Mark Keel told a Senate committee. "If there was one thing I could do tomorrow to improve safety in our schools, school resource officers would be the No. 1 thing."

Wouldn't these highly trained officers become Maytag repairmen before too long? They would have to sit in a office twiddling their thumbs, just waiting for a fight in the hallway or for a mad man to come in with AR-15s blazing.

I'm sorry, folks, but that is just a waste of police talent. You will be paying for that waste. But what do you care? You are paying for a lot of waste right now and you don't care.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/11/13 - 10:00 am
Addenda:

Oh, yes, I forgot to add that each and every one of these "school resource officers" must be equipped with a fully equipped police cruiser to sit in the school parking lot all day and to sit in the officer's driveway or front yard all night.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/11/13 - 10:02 am
Is this obama care kicking in..

This week I found out that my celebrex med will cost $161.00 a month---last year it was aout $55.00 a month....now when checking the net I see Canada rates are $65.00 a month--Great Britian rates are $69.00 a month...SOOO will someone please tell me why the USA charges 3times MORE!!!
Can we say we are getting RIPPED EVERYDAY in the USA!!
Instead of fighting gun control which we know won't work & never has...just look at CHICAGO....our dumb bunny congress needs to work on our DRUG COs....& medicare drugs ....there is 0 reason for the difference ....yall know we are getting ripped.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/11/13 - 10:03 am
Addenda:

Oh, yes, and let me me ask who will fill in for the "school resource officer" when he or she calls in sick, has to leave for a dentist appointment, has to leave for a home emergency, etc.? Will we have a cadre of trained and approved substitute school resource officers who can fill in at a moment's notice? After all, a school attack could occur when the school resource officer is home with the flu.

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 01/11/13 - 10:06 am
CG - not yet ?

OC -- Has someone informed you of tomorrow nights gathering?

Not yet ?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/11/13 - 10:10 am
Affordable Care

The original name of the law in question, seenIt, was something along the lines of "Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act." Now that the chickens are coming home to roost and people are seeing their medical costs go up faster than anytime in history (in direct response to the Act itself), they had to jettison that false name and replace it with the trendy Obamacare moniker.

They're killing us with this affordability!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/11/13 - 10:10 am
Lilttle lamb my friend...

As long as we empty out our mental hospitals & put them in the general population we will continue to have crazies shooting up everything...you see we are soo stupid here we THINK everything should be EQUAL in every way....
The news says the Cont shooter had aspergers.......the shooter in the movie house had problems...but we DUMB BUNS can't see the forest for the trees......just like the idiots saying that mother in loganville killing the intruder was trigger happy.....I just wish she had 2 guns & used them BOTH!!
Sometimes I really think we are headed in a DEEP HOLE...with idiots running our ship.....we are stinking hopeless when it comes to common sense in the USA..HOPELESS!!!

dichotomy
dichotomy 01/11/13 - 10:12 am
Ranter #2...."Since they have

Ranter #2...."Since they have such a large amount of money for more buildings, I think it is time to tax"

Well, let's just settle for taxing them like any other corporation. Churches have employees, own property, and use municipal services. Some even own investment portfolios and rental real estate. And they all take in money (income) from their congregations and some get pretty nasty if they don't "pay up". I see no reason why they should not pay coporate income tax, capital gains tax, and property tax like any other corporation.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/11/13 - 10:19 am
Take it back

The intruder didn't die even with 5 bullets hitting him.....she should have had a bigger gun.....sooo yall can see my mood today....can't even post with the idiot news embracing us today....we really have IDIOTS in congress today....& DC....& we don't have much hope for the next year because the same voters will vote in the same NUTCASES AGAIN & AGAIN..gimmie gimmie gimmie

I will say so long today....to keep SM from blowing his iid..seeya

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/11/13 - 10:20 am
Population Density

Let's face it: the eastern seaboard from Boston all the way down to Washington (and on into northeast Virginia) is one giant megalopolis — one giant sprawling urban-suburban mass of high-density population. That is the picture in people's minds when they think about putting policemen in every school. They forget about rural schools. They forget about tiny communities. They forget about low-income school systems in forgotten places all across the U.S. interior. School taxes in those places that are displaced from instruction into paying for a police officer to wave at the children every day will result in further decline in scholastic achievement in rural children, who are already behind.

I'm sure Nancy Pelosi will come up with a federal funding solution.

UGA jumps up in 2 polls

The University of Georgia made the second-biggest jump of all the teams in the two national ranking polls, both of which were released Tuesday.