Rants & Raves

THE SALVATION ARMY IS begging for money while at the same time paying for multimillion-dollar “centers” that include theaters, swimming pools and other entertainment. If the Salvation Army would go back to its original reason for being, to help the down-and-out both spiritually and with a place to sleep, they would get plenty of donations.

OBAMA PRETENDS to believe in the Con­sti­tu­tion while constantly skirting it; he pretends to be a Christian while forcing Christians to pay him money so he can have unborn babies murdered. How can he be either a Christian or a follower of the U.S. Constitution? Let him answer that!

I DROVE BY TWO Rich­mond County schools Dec. 27, and both had the school zone lights flashing. When you leave the lights flashing through the holidays, you endanger our children by teaching the drivers to ignore the school zones.

THIS IS A RAVE to the people at Smitty’s Auto­motive on Gordon Highway. After my car broke down the day after Christmas, they repaired it fast and got us back on the road. Their customer service is wonderful. After finding another problem, they helped us with the labor. Thank you so much.

OBAMA IS A FAILURE AS president. I was doing better under President Bush – heck, I was even doing better under Slick Willie!

I SPEND approximately $120-plus a month on gas. I used my debit card; because of knee pain, I didn’t want to walk in and pay cash today. Then “see cashier for receipt.” They say, “We don’t know the machine is out of paper unless someone tells us.” So you have told them and they think it is funny. That cashier didn’t just lose another $45 plus a week sale; she lost over a $1,500-a-year sale on my car, not counting the money for my husband’s truck and two children’s cars. How much more business will this clerk cost you? It made me mad. The next gas station is 500 yards up the road.

I COMMITTED A CRIME of theft by taking 17 years ago, and now no one will hire me even though I have 17 years in restaurant management. I am truly sorry and have learned my lesson. Will someone please hire me? I’m sincerely asking for a second chance.

IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE, and cars kill people, shouldn’t we ban the fork for feeding us food that will kill us?

oneofthesane
oneofthesane 01/07/13 - 11:46 am
OBAMA IS A FAILURE AS president

Why, yes. Yes, he is.

oneofthesane
oneofthesane 01/07/13 - 11:49 am
we ban the fork for feeding us food that will kill us?....

I dont use a fork to eat a burger or a slice of pizza, surely need a fork to eat my daily salad though. Don't worry, government only wants to take our guns, not our need for fast food and laziness. You see, fast food and laziness feeds their agenda. Votes for the democratic party resulting in much wanted Socialism.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/07/13 - 12:44 pm
11 babies with 10 different women...lordy

honey boo boo in another color perhaps...:(:(

Give me the Duck Family anytime...pass the biscuits please & the ammunition...

Bantana
2071
Bantana 01/07/13 - 01:50 pm
HJR 15. Imperialistic power grab?

YeCats, I don't see this as some imperialistic grab for power.
The exact same proposed Joint Resolution has been submitted for consideration every year for many years, most recently all throughout the Clinton/Bush years. I don't believe we have anything to worry about and certainly not with the possibility for a continuation of the Obama Presidency as it takes years and 75% of the states to ratify a change to our Constitution.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 01/07/13 - 03:03 pm
Still having too much fun!

:) Ya'll should try it! Running Bare!

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 01/07/13 - 03:04 pm
Duck Family

Are Christians and live it!

Willow Bailey
20606
Willow Bailey 01/07/13 - 03:46 pm
Just so you know...

Some folks can buy gas the way they want to and still not be lazy. Some folks can eat anything they want to and still not get fat. I'm one of them...just so you know.

harley_52
harley_52 01/07/13 - 03:57 pm
CG....

You have a gun dealer who predicted .223 ammo was "almost something of the past?"

kmb413
kmb413 01/07/13 - 03:58 pm
pardon

For a crime committed over 5 years ago, and you have not been in trouble since then, file for a pardon. Go to the Georgia Pardons and Paroles website for an application.

harley_52
harley_52 01/07/13 - 03:59 pm
"just so you know"

Personally, I'm glad it's that way. I'm a little tired of looking at fat, lazy people anyway.

Willow Bailey
20606
Willow Bailey 01/07/13 - 04:05 pm
ha,ha, my harley:)

ha,ha, my harley:)

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 01/07/13 - 04:07 pm
Harley - I'm skinny and fetching ha

Too many are mindless!

harley_52
harley_52 01/07/13 - 04:15 pm
"I'm skinny and fetching...."

Yes, but where do you buy gas?

oneofthesane
oneofthesane 01/07/13 - 04:39 pm
justthefacts
justthefacts 01/07/13 - 05:11 pm
harley

If you wouldn't mind. What would a 32 cal S&W snubnose be worth. About 40 yrs old and never been fired.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 01/07/13 - 05:18 pm
Harley

Don't buy gas~ Dang - ya'll don't like me - 4 thumps down - hahahah

harley_52
harley_52 01/07/13 - 05:26 pm
JTF....

Too many variables to even attempt an estimate. Manufacturer and condition are the two biggest. That it's a Smith & Wesson is a good start, but it could still vary from $50 to probably $1000, or more.

As for the .32 as a defensive weapon.... there's an old saying....."friends don't let friends carry a .32"

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/07/13 - 05:40 pm
Ha

I am sure that is good advice. Won the gun in a poker game back in the 70s. Just wondered what it might be worth since it has never been out of the box. Thanks for the reply.

harley_52
harley_52 01/07/13 - 05:47 pm
JTF...

This is what I use when I want to determine the value of a gun. There are books you can buy, but this is quick and easy. Just search the manufacturer, model, and caliber, then compare yours (condition) with others. The fact that it's NIB is a definite plus.

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/07/13 - 05:50 pm
harley

Thanks. I appreciate the help.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/07/13 - 05:56 pm
JTF said, "Won the gun in a

JTF said, "Won the gun in a poker game back in the 70s."

You live an exciting life, JTF. That's something out of Jack London. There has to be a story behind THAT game.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/07/13 - 06:01 pm
Some in RCSO Upset?

Apparently, some in the RCSO are upset they won't be allowed to speak to the press about cases. They are whining to their friends in the media. It's a smart move by Roundtree in my opinion to have one person, Lt. Chew, handle the information given to the press.

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/07/13 - 06:08 pm
Exciting

Yeah, you can't bluff in a nic, dime, qtr game. Learned that the hard way.

So, give me a score tonight.

Bama 24, Irish 10.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/07/13 - 06:53 pm
Bama will easily win by more

Bama will easily win by more than 10. I am very confident of this. ND gets lots of money bet on them nationally because of emotions and that means THOSE bettors are not using their heads. The big wins for ND were Oklahoma and Southern Cal. Look what happened to them in the recent bowl games. Heck, GA Tech demolished Southern Ca.

35-7...Bama

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/07/13 - 06:32 pm
I was in a big poker game at

I was in a big poker game at the Hill Top Club when I was in the Army in Korea. I had to leave soon and I figured I'd bet no matter my hand. I bluffed everybody but one guy out as the hand went on. He was about to fold, but I looked back down at my hand. He smiled and called me. He said I would have never looked back down if I had a good hand. I filed that one away.

harley_52
harley_52 01/07/13 - 07:35 pm
"He said I would have never looked back down...

...if I had a good hand. I filed that one away."

A good reason to look down if you DO have a good hand.

KSL
KSL 01/07/13 - 07:36 pm
Thanks, Harley. On that

Thanks, Harley. On that website I was able to find the approximate value of my gun that I bought on '79. Nice to have something that has doubled in value ...... errr, held it's intrinsic value.

KSL
KSL 01/07/13 - 07:47 pm
Poker has been very good to

Poker has been very good to me. I met my husband to be in a poker game on a church youth trip to Tenn when we were freshmen in high school. He was standing up at the back of the bus when we left. Some time along the way I found he was sitting in the seat behind me. And then the game(s) were afoot. We didn' t live in the same town. We were friends for 2.5 years before we started dating. He still claims he did not "let" me win. We have always been competitive.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/07/13 - 08:16 pm
Harley

"...if I had a good hand. I filed that one away."

A good reason to look down if you DO have a good hand."

Yeah, but I would know that you would know, that I knew to do that or not do it. Something like that...ha.