Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

PASS ALL THE GUN LAWS you want. Nothing will change until communities are allowed to get the violently inclined psychos off the streets before they commit mass murder. Crazies that brought us the VA Tech, Aurora Theater and Sandy Hook slaughters were known to be dangerous. Yet they were allowed to remain free. Laws must be changed to protect normal people!

LOOK AT THE wonderful sports complex North Augusta is proposing. If we could get rid of those Democrats on our own city commission, maybe we could get some things accomplished.

GENERAL MOTORS HAS made $16 billion in profits over the last three years, however, we the taxpayers have already lost over $1 billion because of the bailout and it is expected that we will lose billions more. Obama forgot to mention that when he was out campaigning!

THE AUGUSTA Commission dropped the ball again. As a result of our commissioners’ inability to work together and move the city forward, Augusta citizens will be able to watch the continued growth of the riverfront in North Augusta from our riverfront that has not moved forward since the 1980s. Get it together, Augusta commissioners!

ANOTHER RANT FOR the North Augusta HEAT car in the median of the Bobby Jones expressway on Dec. 19. I know you are just trying to get in one more ticket for these nice families before Christmas as if they aren’t cash-strapped enough. It is law enforcement of this type that disgusts me. But, hey, I made sure and flashed my lights at all the eastbound traffic. I hope it prevented you from writing any more tickets for the next few minutes.

RANT FOR RICHMOND County’s Sheriff’s Office. You talk about starting to enforce the law, but I followed a Richmond County deputy from Tobacco Road all the way to the VA. He didn’t use a turn signal once. He was speeding. If you are not going obey the law, how do you expect to enforce the law?

countyman
19174
countyman 01/03/13 - 11:35 pm
The performing arts center,

The performing arts center, research building, student dorms, etc will do more for Augusta than spending $43 million for a stadium. The total proposed investment is only $166 million. The latest two construction projects at GHSU alone ($112 million dental school/$76 million medical commons) equal more than the development.

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 01/03/13 - 11:38 pm
Countyman!

Happy New Year - what would we do without you!!

happyjamcake
happyjamcake 01/04/13 - 12:28 am
red box movie locations

Why didnt they put these in the middle of a parking lot with drive up service? Everytime I go to the store where one is at I have the hardest time getting into a parking spot due to the red box customer illegally parked while dropping off or picking up a movie. Where is the law enforcement when u need them? I bet if it was me doing that then I sure enough would get a ticket. lol just venting.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/04/13 - 05:42 am
Happy New Year everybody.

The rant about General Motors.
General Motors paid the loan back with intrest so the country is not suffering because of them.

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 01/04/13 - 07:29 am
Happy Friday

Good morning ... thanks to CGees info yesterday I went to see/meet Sarge for the first time (in person). I also had the pleasure of meeting his wonderful wife as well. I think I shocked him but it was a nice little visit ... what an honor it was to finally meet one of our true American heros who served our country. I cannot wait until the ole rascal stays out of the hospital long enough for us to meet at McDonalds for breakfast :)

Everyone have a great weekend ... the "preparing for work ritual" is about to be underway ... as my dear late daddy use to say about me "It's time for me to put on my WAR PAINT" ... LOL

msgret92
msgret92 01/04/13 - 07:46 am
About General Motors

According to the US Treasury ,less than a month ago, GM still owes over half of the $80 billion and the taxpayers will probably take a loss on it.

harley_52
harley_52 01/04/13 - 07:57 am
"General Motors paid the loan back with intrest....

....so the country is not suffering because of them.
I would suggest the ranter do his or her homework before posting an opinion that is totally false."

Your advice is sound, but your facts are wrong.

The only thing wrong with the ranter's facts is that he grossly understates the loss to the taxpayer and neglects to mention that the GM bondholders were robbed in order to illegally reward the labor unions.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/04/13 - 07:59 am
Good Morning America, Pointer Uppers & Pointer Downers.

KSM, I know you made his day. He has said many times he was going to have breakfest with you.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/04/13 - 08:18 am
Good am everyone...

Tell me again how many freedoms we have!!!!!!

The age-old debate between personal liberty and public responsibility has found contentious new participants: health care workers.

The debate recently reached a fever pitch after eight employees at Indiana University Health Goshen Hospital in Goshen, Ind., were fired in mid-December for refusing mandatory flu shots. Goshen Hospital had implemented the vaccination policy in September, reports WSBT, as part of a broader effort to ensure patient safety.

“As a hospital and health system, our top priority is and should be patient safety, and we know that hospitalized people with compromised immune systems are at a greater risk for illness and death from the flu,” explained hospital spokeswoman Melanie McDonald to the Elkhart Truth. “The flu has the highest death rate of any vaccine preventable disease, and it would be irresponsible from our perspective for health care providers to ignore that.”

FIRED for NOT taking a shot...unbelievable....

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/04/13 - 08:19 am
Psychos

Get them all off the street....dang we can't even get them off of this place much less the dang streets...

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/04/13 - 08:23 am
Get over it!

The growth in North Augusta is a good thing.......that means Augusta won't pay pay & pay for more "growth" downtown...they need to repair roads & rebuild & clean & put $$$ in their POLICE FORCE & then think about ball parks..(maybe)

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/04/13 - 08:27 am
Gwinnetts budget for 2013

1.4 Billion $$$.....we will slash the library $$ at least 1 million $$$...also parks & rec will get less $$$.......so we will cut & cut some more if needed.......at least WE have a budget!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/04/13 - 08:29 am
Don't even think this

That the park will bring in more $$$...remember the T center....how many $$$ is it bringing in right now....

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/04/13 - 08:33 am
My mood

Yesterday we had 2 bathrooms to go out AT THE SAME TIME.....one leaked through ceiling....you just don't know how much fun THAT can be.....
Today is another day.......says Scarlett..

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/04/13 - 08:37 am
B4

did they have bathrooms when "Scarlett says"

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 01/04/13 - 08:38 am
To the ranter about the NA HEAT car....

Maybe if those cash strapped shoppers weren't speeding they would have nothing to worry about. Don't blame the police for a speeding ticket. They don't give speeding tickets...you earn them!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/04/13 - 08:40 am
Bathrooms

They had to have "something"....everyone needs that....all through history we have used some sort of bathroom....maybe the cavemen went in the woods but I'm sure Miss Scarlett had a delicate pot of some sort.....
I just can't see Scarlett running to an outhouse in the middle of the night...:)

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 01/04/13 - 08:40 am
To be clear?

There is no such thing as a government bailout. The government has no money. It's a taxpayer bailout. Since everyone is so into entitlement rights, where's all us hardworking taxpayers stock option check for the use of OUR money?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/04/13 - 08:42 am
PASS ALL THE GUN LAWS

"Laws must be changed to protect normal people!"

RIGHT, good thinking! Take away all guns from "normal People" then you would no longer have psychos

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 01/04/13 - 08:49 am
BTW

Good morning to all....happy friday!!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/04/13 - 08:53 am
Credit card

Interesting link on cards cgee....I hope all see that.....imagine a piece of foil can protect you....sorta like a tin foil cap on our head...kinda....I need mine right now....hahah

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/04/13 - 08:59 am
Hello Gnip

I bet you were excited when you heard south Augusta would get a Five Gys Hambuger spot.....I know many were.....naw

Give them a french Market Grill---a Teds Montana Grill.....Cheesecake Factory.......ok give Tree some time to clean up the crime first & then put the goodens in there....wowoee

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 01/04/13 - 09:02 am
I will be glad...

When South Augusta get's a fair property tax formula!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/04/13 - 09:02 am
Roundtree

A positive for Tree....he did go to Harrisburg & meet/greet the folks......if he can change burg ...well mabe he can change all of Augusta...I have my fingers cxed * hoping for the best.....the best thing to happen for the southside would be to clean it up in MANY ways....bring the nice restaurants back in again,....nice stores...new jobs..

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/04/13 - 09:09 am
B4

"bring the nice restaurants back in again,....nice stores...new jobs.."

hummmmm....how about some NICE people?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/04/13 - 09:10 am
Sorry

There are some pretty nice people there now, ment get rid of the bad people.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/04/13 - 09:12 am
GnipGnop

you do realize that the word "Tax" is no longer an American Word.....it has be replaced with "Revenue". Just trying to make you PC.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/04/13 - 09:21 am
Yes sir...nice folks

Some even post on here...some have biiig guns & biggg dogs....& know how to use them.....:)

justthefacts
20487
justthefacts 01/04/13 - 09:30 am
GM

Barack Obama said during the campaign that the loans had been repayed. The followers believe everything he says. Such is the source of the confusion. Unfortunately.