Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

IF NIKKI HALEY DOES nothing else in her term as governor of South Carolina, she has already proved that she puts her constituents first by appointing Tim Scott to replace Jim DeMint in the Senate. DeMint was the only senator I had any respect for, but Scott will be a worthy successor; and if I lived in South Carolina, he would get my vote without having to ask for it.

I WAS IN THE Augusta Commission chamber for the final meeting of 2012 when a representative from Hillcreek subdivision stated the Commissioner (Jerry) Brigham “threw them under the bus” with his nonsupport of their efforts to prevent an apartment complex in their backyard. Mr. Brigham became irate at the use of what he termed disparaging remarks and asked the mayor to admonish the citizen; which he did. My question is: When in the course of political debate did the rights of citizens who are already limited to a 5-minute discourse become further limited in usage of idiomatic phrases to express disgust with the political process? I hope my calling him “thin-skinned” will not be censored also.

THE REPORT ON the Benghazi attack is out. While the report states that there were systematic failures and leadership and management deficiencies at senior levels, nobody was held responsible or accountable. Come on now, four of our people were killed and everybody got off? That’s a tragedy in itself.

‘THE ARGYLE SWEATER’ is a great cartoon. Unfor­tunately, it takes a bit of intellect to understand.

ANYBODY TRYING to cross the busy six-lane Washington Road is asking for trouble. Let’s use some basic common sense for a change.

HERE THEY ARE wanting to move the GreenJackets over to North Augusta. I say leave it where it is and let North Augusta form its own team.

APPARENTLY intelligent people are still blaming Bush for the financial mess we are in, even going back and blaming Ronald Reagan. Why don’t they blame the devil for all the evil in the world? That is the true source of it.

THE PEOPLE AT Surgical Center and the Vascular Center were so polite. I couldn’t believe it.

PUBLIX, COME TO south Augusta. We need you here. Hurry up and get some property.

PLEASE BRING BACK the cartoon Cul de sac. I miss Alice dancing on the manhole covers and I miss Peter and his dioramas.

SHERIFF STRENGTH, thank you for being so generous and giving $1,000 to the Empty Stocking Fund. It will make many families happy.

WHOOPI GOLDBERG saves me 30 minutes of television time every morning because when that show comes on, I turn the TV off.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 01/03/13 - 02:13 pm
The boys from Fleming

GG and JTF - smart kids!

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 01/03/13 - 02:15 pm
countyman
19545
countyman 01/03/13 - 03:09 pm
Even some of the most

Even some of the most troubled neighborhoods in South Augusta(Barton Village, Meadowbrook,etc) are nowhere close to being public housing(Cherry Tree aka Sunset on the street)..

Publix and Target will end up in South Augusta before long. There's plenty of disposable income along Willis Foreman, Diamond Lakes, Brown rd, and Goshen. The population will only need to increase more in the area(i.e more new housing construction similar to Spring Creek Village underway on Willis Foreman and Fairways at Goshen in Goshen). The only thing holding up South Augusta is the money is mostly located south of Tobacco rd going towards the city limits of Hephzibah, and the infrastructure/traffic is located at I-520/Peach Orchard.

People make sarcastic remarks about South Augusta, but they now have Five Guys. Five Guys decided to open in West Augusta first, and then Aiken/Evans. They could have picked North Augusta or Martinez, but picked South Augusta.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/03/13 - 03:24 pm
Five Guys

What is so great about a new hamburger joint (featuring more greasy fries per serving than a person actually needs) opening in south Augusta? Is countyman trying to foster obesity and clogged arteries?

countyman
19545
countyman 01/03/13 - 03:35 pm
Five Guys is one of the

Five Guys is one of the fastest growing chains in the US. I'm not here to defend the product, but to let others know South Augusta became the fourth metro location.

I'm positive the corporate at Five Guys looked at the traffic located at Peach orchard/I-520/Windsor Spring interchange. They chose to open in the Colony Plaza right off Windsor Spring/I-520.

harley_52
harley_52 01/03/13 - 04:17 pm
Countyman Can't Win...

He comes in here with news of economic expansion in ARC and catches heck for everything he reports including whether or not the french fries served by a fast food chain are greasy, or not.

Pretty tough crowd, I'd say.... :)

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/03/13 - 04:19 pm
Expansion

The only thing a new hamburger joint will expand will be peoples’ waistlines.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 01/03/13 - 04:47 pm
Right as usual, LL, and don't

Right as usual, LL, and don't forget the bank accounts of the local cardiologists and heart surgeons.

GnipGnop
GnipGnop 01/03/13 - 05:57 pm
Nothing says progress...

better than quadruple bypass at 40..South Augusta shouldn´t settle for fast food joints...where´s the upscale dining spots going? We deserve better...

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/03/13 - 06:22 pm
What a day

Great to see ya back on here KSM.......& sean my man you have my sympathy....I don't know how you keep cool sometimes.......not this thread...another one...we are good guys on here hahahah lol..

Goodnight ...sleep tight & all that stuff!!!♥

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/03/13 - 06:25 pm
Sean, Question?

Why was

More guns aren't answer by Matt Carroll pulled so fast?

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 01/03/13 - 06:34 pm
GnipGnop, your answer:

GnipGnop, your answer: Charleston

KSL
KSL 01/03/13 - 07:09 pm
CG

That tread is there.

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 01/03/13 - 07:15 pm
CG - alert!!!

You hit the 50 + thousand mark!! Congrats and glad you came back - bet you are too!!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/03/13 - 07:16 pm
TrulyWorried

Yep, I done did it and yes it was worth every point. Friends on here are really worth it. They are great people and I enjoy and love them.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 01/03/13 - 07:30 pm
Could we get some pointers

Could we get some pointers from you CG on achieving 50,000 points!

Patty-P
Patty-P 01/03/13 - 07:45 pm
Never knew there was a Five

Never knew there was a Five Guys in S Augusta.

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 01/03/13 - 07:52 pm
CG - went back and read 64 of

CG - went back and read 64 of your old posts

When your # was 49936 ....

But before I could honestly read the last one some one snuck in and gave you the 50K

OK who was it? ☺

I bet it was TechFan or Countyman

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 01/03/13 - 07:57 pm
It seems the Five Guys website does not know it either????

Personally I have not seen it yet myself.

I heard it was in Colony Plz but did not find it?

Maybe its a "PLANNED" opening... that Countyman was speaking about?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/03/13 - 08:05 pm
OC

Is there any doubt that it wasn't a TSD and I want to thank him/her. With out him/her I probably be around the20 range. But with all your help you all put me there.

Secret, I read and click 98% of every post that is made daily. I did it honestly.

Next goal 100,000.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/03/13 - 08:09 pm
Haven't Seen

R&R over a 100 in quite a while....Use to be in the 200 or over daily a few years back.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/03/13 - 08:20 pm
I Still

would like to see AC allow embedding, one per day per member.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 01/03/13 - 08:22 pm
See what you are missing

See what you are missing Patty-P...move back and enjoy size 22 britches:)

harley, this one's for you!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/03/13 - 08:35 pm
My Good Night Post,

The Moral typic was highly hit today...JMO...Morality in the US meet it's Waterloo with the onset of Political Correctness, The ruling of "Roe vs Wade and the Bonnie (Lewinsky) & Clyde (Bill) with their accepted actions within the highest office in America.

See you all in the AM, Good Lord willing.