Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

JUST WONDER IF John Barrow would run that gun ad now?

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE Valdosta State Blazers for winning the Division II national championship. It was a great example of the football that is played in Georgia and the Southeast. High school athletes and parents would do well to take a look at VSU when looking for a school that has a good rep in sports and academics.

RAVE TO SCOTT MICHAUX for his column. The Chronicle’s editorial writers should be so good!

TO ALL THE RANTS about Obama. Deal with it. He won again so get back in check.

I REALLY APPRECIATE THE fact Georgia Southern finally got some coverage from your paper. It was wonderful to have information about them all week. Thank you.

I AM AMAZED THAT the public is shocked by murder in the schools. What do they expect when they remove “thou shall not murder” from schools? We get what we ask for.

I WAS WRONG TO SUGGEST Big Bird for president. I should have suggested Alfred E. Newman because that is who they elected.

I WANT TO THANK ALL Augusta Fire Department members for the fruit basket and gift certificate that they give to the widow ladies every year. May God bless you and keep you safe.

THE PERSON WHO THREW OUT the small, tan Chihuahua on Bettis Academy Road did him a favor since the person behind him worked at the Aiken County shelter. They found him a great, loving home. Your bad deed worked for good in the end.

THOSE IN CONGRESS WHO are now looking at gun control are the same fools who signed a 2,300-page health care bill into law without reading it.

LOVE THAT Argyle Sweater cartoon in the paper. Look forward to reading it every day.

Sweet son
Sweet son 01/02/13 - 03:24 pm
@Riverman

happychimer
happychimer 01/02/13 - 03:07 pm
It is amazing how some claim

It is amazing how some claim to read minds. Whow. that could have been me who said TO ALL THE RANTS about Obama. Deal with it. He won again so get back in check.

So if I believe what that says, then according to oneofthesaneones I am another uneducated American welfare recipient and lack knowledge.mmmm.. bet you can't prove it, because I have never been on wellfare.

allhans
allhans 01/02/13 - 04:05 pm
happy...I don't think we

happy...I don't think we would like what we found if we read the mind of Obama.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 01/02/13 - 04:41 pm
I've been in check.

obama got his 40 acres and a mule, The people that voted for him got a cell phone, and I'm the bad guy.
I am bad. I saved over $100 by not tipping last month. I didn't go out so I didn't tip.Sorry ya'll.

harley_52
harley_52 01/02/13 - 05:22 pm
"So if I believe what that says,....

....then according to oneofthesaneones I am another uneducated American welfare recipient and lack knowledge.mmmm.. bet you can't prove it, because I have never been on wellfare."

A true classic.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/02/13 - 06:16 pm
Sweetson...Just Funnin With Ya

Sweetson said, "@Riverman
I have a 27 year old "anemic; 100 lb" daughter who started running in the 5th grade. I am sure she can "dust your junky a** off" today/right now! Want me to call her? LOL!"

Yeah, I deserved that Sweetson. Just funnin with ya. I'm sure she could.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/02/13 - 06:19 pm
RCSO Officers Upset?

Apparently some officers at the RCSO are leaking to Austin information about assignments and so on concerning those working with Sheriff Roundtree.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 01/02/13 - 06:52 pm
It's public knowledge. You

It's public knowledge. You do have to wonder why the gag order with the media which no other Sheriff in the CSRA has as policy
The new assignments were excellent though. Kudos to the high Sheriff on his choices. To my knowledge, no one lost their job and I am glad about that.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/02/13 - 07:02 pm
Apparently, some are taking

Apparently, some are taking umbrage at Roundtree because two officers are working closely with him. One drove the car they were in today, so they are being described as his drivers by some upset RCSO people. I dunno.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 01/02/13 - 07:38 pm
Okay, you want a bite, I'll give you one.

One of the biggest problems there is to overcome is "su ego grandioso". It will take him to places he shouldn't go and keep him longer than he wants to stay. The driver gig is egotistical...no other sheriff has wasted the taxpayers money in this manner. But on the positive side, at least they aren't still doing the white gloves and stretch limo thingy.

happychimer
happychimer 01/02/13 - 09:26 pm
harley I know I am a classic.

harley I know I am a classic. There is nobody like me. Each of us is different, and I don't appreciate being profiled.Augusta resident I too have a cell phone, and I voted for Barack Obama.

Partnerships needed in cyber sectors, NSA director says

Adm. Michael Rogers, director of the National Security Agency, said the nation's security rests on breaking down bariers between private and government sectors specializing in cyber defense. ...