Rants & Raves

FOR DR. JAMES CARROLL to return to a maniacal society like Kuwait shows the doctor is a very brave man.

HILARY CLINTON had a stomach virus and suffered a concussion days before she was to testify in congressional hearings and before the House Foreign Affairs Committee to explain what she knew about the Benghazi affair. Very convenient. Mighty suspicious to say the least!

GOOD FOR EARL DRIGGERS in finding the “baddest dog” in town so that he can use it to protect his property. OK it’s up to you Jazzmine to take a big bite out of the bad guys’ rear ends when they show up!

GLAD THERE ARE OTHERS who disapprove of all those tacky homemade signs to advertise businesses, religions, etc. Since this robs newspapers of a way to be funded by ads, The Chronicle should hold the law to the letter of it and force a takedown of the signs, plus fines and charges on those companies.

IF YOU DADBLAMED Republicans keep labeling my Social Security payments as “entitlements” for my future, then you’d better refund every single penny to me and get us all out of the system. But you cannot just force me by law to pay into the system and then steal my money!

ARE WE SURPRISED at the Connecticut shootings? Look at the video games your children are playing. Look at the previews of upcoming movies! Our politicians preach division, hate and “revenge.” Church and God are being pushed out of our “me” society.

PRAYERS AND sympathy to the citizens of Newtown. Heaven has 20 new angels. Hell has one new stoker for the fire.

IS HILLARY’S FAINTING AND concussion that keeps her from testifying to Congress for real? It certainly is terribly coincidental.

THE TRAGEDY IN Connecticut already has sinister and treacherous politicians hinting at gun control. They claim it’s to protect Americans, but it’s obviously to disarm Americans so we will lose all our freedoms to a maniacal central government.

RAVES TO GRACE UNITED Methodist Church, North Augusta, for the “Return to Bethlehem” experience.

MAKE NO MISTAKE, when the liberals start talking about gun control, they are not talking about limiting who can purchase what. They are talking about eliminating the right to have a gun, period.

Comments (57)

harley_52
19571
harley_52 01/01/13 - 12:51 pm

I Did See Somebody In Here Say Something...

....about "size 22 britches," but I don't think that was tied directly to the alleged blood clot.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 01/01/13 - 01:07 pm

JTF

Too cool - 4th grade - how old were we then? I was a cheerleader (they didn't have sports for us back then) - the closest I got to a football was when I played w/my three brothers - and I played the flute - JFK was killed when I was there in the 6th grade - I remember sitting on the hill crying and there were others who didn't understand. Was there an annual of us?

happychimer
happychimer 01/01/13 - 01:36 pm

ksl being dehydrated is

ksl being dehydrated is common with some who have a virus. My daughter gets dehydrated when she gets a virus. I remember her being unable to walk to the bathroom without holding onto something to keep from falling. Several times she had to have fluids thru Iv. This is not the 1st time Hillary has been dehydrated when she had a virus.

happychimer
happychimer 01/01/13 - 01:44 pm

harley the blood clot is noy

harley the blood clot is not in her legs. It is between her brain and her skull. I doubt any of you would appreciate being told there was nothing wrong with you when you knew there was.I know what it's like.In the late 1980s I was told by a dr that nothing was physically wrong with me, that it was all in my head.I would not let it go, and he finally learned I had gallstones. I had surgery, and never went back to that quack.

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/01/13 - 01:50 pm

Lily

We were in the same class. Mrs Pilcher. Who knew? How you been?

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 01/01/13 - 02:05 pm

JTF

OMG - Mrs. Pilcher - she tried to teach me some couth - remember when ya'll said that Frenchie Toes is bullying us and you are elected to beat her up and we went out in the yard in boxing mode and I whipped her for ya'll? I had to report to Mr. Kiser (the principal) Was B4 w/us?

harley_52
19571
harley_52 01/01/13 - 02:10 pm

Happychimer....

Doctors aren't perfect. Remember...fifty percent of all doctors graduated in the bottom half of their class.

Who said she had a blood clot in her legs? I thought it was in her head, or so the story goes.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/01/13 - 02:29 pm

Same Class

Lily and JTF in the same elementary school class! How cool is that? Glad you guys got re-acquainted.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/01/13 - 02:30 pm

Something else to think about - - -

It is an axiom that bad doctors tend to end up in big cities. It's too hard for them to succeed in small towns, where everybody tends to know each others' business.

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/01/13 - 02:31 pm

Lily

I think B4 is a little "wiser" than us. I had the candy selling enterprise in the back of the room. Bet you were a customer. Did you go to SEGO?

KSL
KSL 01/01/13 - 02:43 pm

Happy,

I am quite aware of dehydration and viruses. Years ago my 2 year old was put on IV in the hospital BEFORE he became dehydrated. If she has that tendency, why was she allowed to get to that point? She has access to the best of medical care.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 01/01/13 - 03:38 pm

JTF

No, moved on (the story of my life) - if you sold pencils - I remember you! Too cool - a voice from the past! B4 probably knew my brothers -

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 01/01/13 - 04:08 pm

Poverty level

"seenit" - did you read the whole article? When they mention Burke County -- it is at the Atlantic Ocean! I did not know that!! And I've been around for a while.
AND - while I am at it -
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE - EVEN THE ONES THAT DON'T RANT AND RAVE - MAY WE WILL ALL BE BLESSED WITH PEACE SO OUR BOYS AND GIRLS CAN ALL BE HOME AND THOSE THAT LEAVE THE MILITARY WILL FIND WORK.
And everyone can add on their personal wishes - I am sure there are many of them - - - - - may the good ones all come true!! :>)

happychimer
happychimer 01/01/13 - 05:25 pm

ksl what about Dick Chaney?

ksl what about Dick Chaney? Why was he allowed to to have heart problems? He has the best medical care.

happychimer
happychimer 01/01/13 - 05:28 pm

harley read the comments from

harley read the comments from the last few days.Read today's #2 and #8.

Karen Slater-McDaniel
Karen Slater-McDaniel 01/01/13 - 05:29 pm

Happy New Year everyone. May

Happy New Year everyone.

May 2013 be filled with your hearts desire <3

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/01/13 - 05:53 pm

Happy New Year, KSM. KSL, did

Happy New Year, KSM.

KSL, did you see Carolina pull it off? I thought the Clemson game was good last night, but this one may have topped it.

KSL
KSL 01/01/13 - 06:18 pm

It wore us out. That and the Tech game yesterday. I wanted to give you congrats on calling those two games correctly yesterday.

KSL
KSL 01/01/13 - 06:16 pm

Happy, I didn't say that the

Happy, I didn't say that the best of medical care would prevent her GETTING the virus.

So I don't think that medical care prevents all ailments, especially those that may be a family predisposition.

KSL
KSL 01/01/13 - 06:17 pm

KSM

Seenit will be happy to see you here.

Willow Bailey
20255
Willow Bailey 01/01/13 - 06:33 pm

I certainly wish Mrs. Hillary

I certainly wish Mrs. Hillary Dianne Rodham Clinton a very speedy recovery to whatever is the nature of her distress and that she is in a safe environment with private security. The nation awaits her personal testimony regarding the facts in the deaths of the four innocent Americans who begged this administration for proper security prior to their murder.

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/01/13 - 06:42 pm

Dawgs

How bout em!

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/01/13 - 07:00 pm

JTF, nice win for UGA even it

JTF, nice win for UGA even it did take them awhile :).

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/01/13 - 07:49 pm

Didn't want to waste any effort. Might need it on August 31st

Didn't want to waste any effort. Might need it on August 31st

Willow Bailey
20255
Willow Bailey 01/01/13 - 07:50 pm

I guess the stockmarket will

I guess the stockmarket will be in the dump tomorrow.

harley_52
19571
harley_52 01/01/13 - 08:30 pm

"harley read the comments from the last few days....

....Read today's #2 and #8."

I've read them all (I think) including the comments today. I have yet to see a single one who said she did not have a blood clot as you claimed earlier.

Willow Bailey
20255
Willow Bailey 01/01/13 - 09:36 pm

Happy New Year harley.

Happy New Year harley.

Willow Bailey
20255
Willow Bailey 01/01/13 - 09:36 pm

Welcome back CG & Happy New

Welcome back CG & Happy New Year.
I am praying for Sarge. Thank you for the update.

harley_52
19571
harley_52 01/01/13 - 09:37 pm

Happy New Year To You....

.....Willow. I hope you have a great year.

Willow Bailey
20255
Willow Bailey 01/01/13 - 09:38 pm

Happy New Year happy, even

Happy New Year happy, even though you are puffed up with me. Shake it off; we've all got an opinion and it's boring when they are all the same:)

Post exchange construction loses 40 days to winter

The $22 million expansion of Fort Gordon's Post Exchange lost nearly 40 construction days this winter, but the project's manager said Wednesday that the new facility should be ready well ahead of ...