Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

RAVE FOR THE big, nice Christmas tree at Whit­aker Electric in Harlem. It is very pretty and I have enjoyed it very much. I hope they will put it up every year.

I WONDER IF THE voting fraud would have been found if it were something other than a white man running against a black man for a district commission seat.

DOWNTOWN AUGUSTA looks great with all of the holiday lights. Reynolds Street is especially beautiful. Thank you, Augusta, for bringing Christmas cheer.

RAVES TO CANDACE at Chick-fil-A in North Augusta for preparing a special party tray for a family Christmas fellowship. Raves to the manager for the respectful employees all season.

A LADY FOUND MY son’s wallet. It flew off the back of his truck. She returned it and everything was in it. We’d like everybody to know that there are some honest people in the Augusta area. The Dew family would like to thank the lady.

PEOPLE LIKE ME who voted against Obama are not racist because most of them, like me, would have voted for Allen West or Herman Cain and this country would be better off.

THE WHITE HOUSE IS saying the “fiscal cliff” issue would be over if the Republicans would compromise on tax increases. They are actually saying Re­pub­licans should abandon their desire to protect Americans so the Democrats can get their way.

EVERYONE SEEMS TO have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own.

I HAVE NOT TRIED for a driver’s license in many years because I became legally blind. So for the photo ID, do people have to show proof of address? If so, then how did those people who showed photo ID get to list vacant lots for their addresses?

CONTRACEPTIVES SHOULD BE considered a necessity, not an entitlement. Imagine how much more in costs for unwanted and unexpected children. Or the number of tortures and murders of such children than what has gone on already.

THANK GOODNESS, Obama was re-elected. Otherwise we would have been dumped into yet another war with more millionaires raising ridiculous costs through their companies.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 12/27/12 - 01:04 am
#2 What voter fraud are you

#2 What voter fraud are you talking about?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 12/27/12 - 01:07 am
Last one

What war would Romney have engaged in? What millionaires raising what costs? Whose talking points (koolaid) have you been brainwashed with?

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/27/12 - 07:01 am
Hillary Not Seen

Hillary has been so successful hiding out since Benghazi she must be wearing a disguise. But that Hillary cackle is going to give her away sooner or later. She can't help but let that thing go now and then.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/27/12 - 07:58 am
Sometimes You Gotta Feel For Deke

Some times I feel sorry for Deke. Cal Ripken unfriends him, the Greenjackets move to a 29841 zipcode and, to his chagrin, Marion Williams sits down next to him, still thinking that piece of paper in his pocket is Fred Russell’s hard drive.

fatboyhog
1926
fatboyhog 12/27/12 - 10:28 am
Last ranter is kind of out of the loop...

Thank goodness our Dear, Humble, Exalted leader - The Chosen One - is not getting us into any more wars. Thank goodness he, the exalted one, is only sending troops to 35 African countries for " training and equipping efforts." (wink, wink)

dichotomy
dichotomy 12/27/12 - 11:05 am
"Hillary has been so

"Hillary has been so successful hiding out"

You mean Hillary, Our Lady of the Immaculate Concussion ?

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 12/27/12 - 11:22 am
Give Hill a break!

She was bound to have learned a few tricks from, "I never had sex with THAT woman - It depends on how you define 'IT'- Bill."

Jane18
Jane18 12/27/12 - 11:24 am
The Biggest Joke....

...actually, the second biggest joke. Thank you dichotomy, I believe I just had my biggest outbust of laughter I have ever had reading a comment! Sooooooo funny!! And yes Willow, Hillary did have a good teacher, didn't she? Oh, the first biggest, and saddest joke(on America) happened on November 6th, and is still happening..........

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 12/27/12 - 11:25 am
Yeah, River, Deke got dumped

Yeah, River, Deke got dumped for Lark:( That's gotta hurt. Maybe you should send him a friend request.

Jane18
Jane18 12/27/12 - 11:27 am
R & R #6

So true. This Caucasian lady agrees!

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/27/12 - 11:42 am
I saw Laura Ingram talking

I saw Laura Ingram talking about Hillary last night and she notes Hillary never checked into a hospital.

happychimer
happychimer 12/27/12 - 12:00 pm
Hillary got a concussion. she

Hillary got a concussion. she followed dr's orders. So what's wrong with that? nothing.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/27/12 - 12:01 pm
Willow, Deke makes me laugh

Willow, Deke makes me laugh when I think about him and that Commission. The unlikely mild mannered Mayor of a Commission better suited to govern a city in Somalia with clan warlords.

Sweet son
Sweet son 12/27/12 - 12:13 pm
Hillary is like Holder!

She is figuring out all kinds of ways to stall her involvement and hopes she will get a Holder deal. No consequences for terrible decision making by her and her boss! Nothing but a tangled web from Obama trickling down!

It is also such a coincidence that she had a concussion at just the right time. I am sure she will ride that one all the way through any testimony and will say she doesn't remember a thing!

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 12/27/12 - 12:14 pm
Dr's orders

Has that been verified? My BS meter is about to peg; especially considering how hard they've tried to cover up Benghazi.

dichotomy
dichotomy 12/27/12 - 12:17 pm
"They are actually saying

"They are actually saying Re­pub­licans should abandon their desire to protect Americans so the Democrats can get their way."

Absolutely. There is no way to compromise when Obama's only offer is massive tax increases, NO immediate spending cuts, and continued annual $1 trillion dollar deficits. But that is Democrat ideology in it's most basic form isn't it.

I am not angry that the Republicans are sort of trying to stand their ground. I am angry that the Republicans were stupid enough to put themselves in this position. They SHOULD have settled this LAST YEAR during the debt ceiling increase fight. That is when they should have stood their ground and refused to raise the debt ceiling unless there was massive spending cuts. Now the Republicans have backed themselves into a corner where, no matter what they do, they will lose.

We have successfully spent ourselves into the third world where we are just another two-bit bankrupt bannana republic country. And the socialist half of the citizens just keep screaming to spend more and kill the ones who are providing the little bit of money we take in now to keep our Ponzi scheme afloat.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 12/27/12 - 12:18 pm
Wallet returned

That doesn't surprise me, depending on what part of town he lost it in. That ABC tv show, "What would YOU do?" has shown that more people than you would think are very honest and do the right thing. Where people tend to fail is getting involved in personal situations, like a staged scenario where a woman is loudly chastising a kid in a public place; or a couple are arguing loudly and one is verbally abusing the other.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 12/27/12 - 01:05 pm
IAD, you may never have been

IAD, you may never have been more right^^. Years ago, a friend of ours was kidnapped in broad daylight kicking and screaming while onlookers watched. I will never forget it.

happychimer
happychimer 12/27/12 - 03:04 pm
Hillary is not going to go

Hillary is not going to go against dr's orders just to please those who degrade her. The reason some talk bad about her is because they are jealous.

allhans
allhans 12/27/12 - 03:16 pm
Just what was the doctor's

Just what was the doctor's orders? I never saw them....what am I missing?

happychimer
happychimer 12/27/12 - 03:23 pm
If you want to know the

If you want to know the details, then call her and ask her. Really it is none of your business, because it is medical, but you can try.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 12/27/12 - 03:43 pm
Yeah, I'm definitely jealous

Yeah, I'm definitely jealous of Hillary. I wish I were hanging out in foreign countries, pretending to have a knot on my head, dodging a congressional hearing, spying on my Bill and all while sporting a size 22 britches.

happychimer
happychimer 12/27/12 - 04:16 pm
Willow really? no use in down

Willow really? no use in down grading others.

harley_52
harley_52 12/27/12 - 04:33 pm
"....and all while sporting a size 22 britches."

I think this is where I came in. :)

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 12/27/12 - 04:37 pm
WB

InRE Hillary. I laughed so hard I had a coughing fit. Thanks!

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 12/27/12 - 06:24 pm
happy, I agree. Yes,

happy, I agree. Yes, really?

Hillary Clinton is our Secretary of State. She undoubtedly took an oath of allegiance to the United States of America and its citizens.

She has completely failed us and to add insult to injury is tainting the results of an inquiry by avoiding telling the truth or even testifying at all.

I'm sure she learned plenty from her husband's legal troubles about avoiding testifying and alleviating one's chances of being caught lying under oath.

Under the same circumstances, Condi Rice would have testified from her death bed.

Personally, I have supported women of all different walks of life for four decades. I always look for the good in others. But I have lost any shred of respect that I tried to have for Secretary of State Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton. She goes down in my history book as a liar and trader to this country.

My gentle question to you is, why do you stand up for anyone who is a liberal without regard to their behavior?

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 12/27/12 - 04:59 pm
Glad I could add some humor

Glad I could add some humor to your day, harley and IAD:)

royrdsjr
royrdsjr 12/27/12 - 06:39 pm
To Punish & Enslave:You Will Respect My Authoritah

Driving while nervous IS NOT a crime. Please tell me again,when did we wake up to a totalitarian dictatorship? When did the USA become the "USSR"A?

Willow Bailey