Rants & Raves

I HEAR THAT our commissioners want to spend $300,000 to have a traffic study conducted to see if we need “roundabouts.” Are you kidding me?! I am sick and tired of these clowns wanting to spend money on these kinds of “projects.” How about repairing the roads we have now!

NICE RESTAURANTS are going to start losing money when people start staying home because of the disrespectful customers they are allowing to ruin the dining experience of the regular patrons. No one wants to hear someone babbling on the speakerphone or someone laughing uncontrollably loud with no respect for others. Management might have to step in to save their business because it seems some people have no respect for others.

A 1986 COP KILLER WAS executed in Florida. It took 26 years to achieve the nearest thing possible to justice. But 26 years is snail’s pace justice, thus not justice at all.

PEOPLE CLAIM executing criminals with a lethal injection is more humane. Since the recent Florida murderer took 16 minutes to die, it’s obvious a firing squad would make much more sense, including the “humane” part.

WHAT IS THE MATTER with leaders? The Richmond County school board wants to spend $41,000 each year for an “assessment tool” to rate teachers and administrators. That’s what the board exists for, to do that rating, that assessing.

AUGUSTA COMMISSION members need to make sure the city will own the elevated cross-walk before they start planning to sell advertising.

A RAVE FOR Ken Nugent. I love your commercial. However, I am terrified that you are going to fall off the top of that big truck. And you are darn right. ... When an 18-wheeler passes you in the rain, it sure is scary, isn’t it?

THANK YOU AND raves to Aquinas High School students who brought Santa Claus to the h2u luncheon. It brought back many memories to all of us senior citizens. Your show was the best program we have ever had. God bless you all.

I AM OPPOSED TO DUI drivers who might injure me or my family or even be involved in a fatality. I say more road checks at night and more DUI task force.

IF YOU DON’T TAKE that monument to General Meigs down, someone else will. He has no business being honored in this state, this city or this country.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/22/12 - 11:43 pm
THIS WILL HURT ME MORE THAN IT WILL SOME OF YOU!

(Like trying to quit smoking)

My First Post

A revoltin' development
Augusta Chronicle Editorial Staff
Monday, Feb. 23, 2009

CobaltGeorge 02/23/09 - 08:09 am
Love reading about all these

Love reading about all these RIGHTS & WRONGS. I just can't wait to have the Gun and Abortion issue come into play. (Next)

My Last Post

I had prepared a book farewell but have decided to make just a few one liners instead..

Some will ask why? I will honor a request to keep it to my self and I have never broken a promise, so I will.

Almost every post I have made, I had to fight the use of Political Correctness. Many times I failed and was given the NO, NO by Sean. In my book I consider him one of the most Dedicated employee, Loving Father, Faithful Husband and close Friend that has been my pleasure to meet and know.

America for a long while has been on a down spiral of destruction. Many will disagree with me but our SMNCICBHO, The Hammer & Sickle Man has put it's destruction in a nose dive. The Second destructive factor is the onset of PC. It has killed Common Sense.

So I bid FAREWELL..Leaving you all with one of CobaltGeorge's sayings

As you live your life, "Have No Fear, Except The Snake You Don't See"

To all the wonderful members that I have meet with so much love, the ones that I haven't meet and had the pleasure of conversing with, plus my faithful TSDs

I wish you all "ALL" a Very Merry Christmas

and

A Safe & Happy New Year

A Proud Army Retired Veteran

George J. LaVarnway

CobaltGeorge@comcast.net

(706) 836-8783

justthefacts
justthefacts 12/22/12 - 11:27 pm
LOL

"President Barack Obama used the funeral for Hawaii senator Daniel Inouye to talk about himself. In the short 1,600 word speech, Obama used the word "my" 21 times, "me" 12 times, and "I" 30 times." The man is a piece of work ain't he?

Jake
Jake 12/23/12 - 01:21 am
Piece of work

Yes, he is a piece of work and he is also the President of the United States. He leaves the counting of "my", "me" and "I" to the ones who will never in their wildest dreams ever attain the office that he legally won in 2008 & 2012. Tough sucking hind teat ain't it? And that my friends is "justthefacts".

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/23/12 - 05:47 am
OHH DOUBLE DANG!

I didn't need to wake up to this news CGEE!

BTW...I hear ole FB wants to start charging something....you can't run & you can't hide...& FB doesn't even give the news.....GEEZ

I can see the restrooms in restaurants charging something just to use the dang things...even if you are a customer..

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/23/12 - 05:52 am
Exchange gifts w/nabors

Yesterday we exchanged small gifts with the neighbors.......guess what------if it wasn't home baked goodies it was from CHINA ....CHINA...& we wonder why we have sooo much unemployment.......I like China & some neighbors are Chinese (love them) but I don't want all our jobs in CHINA!

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/23/12 - 05:59 am
The Ole Saying..

One monkey won't run the show......but some monkeys make this place fun....we can't afford to lose a single monkey cgee.....

I would say we are all a piece of work......

rebellious
rebellious 12/23/12 - 06:25 am
Cobalt

Step away from the ledge!!!!

Push back from the keyboard, take a deep breath, go get a tumbler of Reserved.....and keep those snippets coming.

We need you on here.

rebellious
rebellious 12/23/12 - 06:27 am
Seenit

Haven't been able to check email from a computer yet. One accpunt dumps from webmail to a laptop. I will send you 2 different addresses. Check your inbox.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/23/12 - 06:33 am
OK Rebel

Just don't come on here & tell me you are leaving.....sometimes I think Cgee just wants to upset my mornings...

Tullie
Tullie 12/23/12 - 06:34 am
CobaltGeorge

Farewell and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to You and Yours.

Tullie
Tullie 12/23/12 - 06:50 am
seenitB4 said:

I haven't heard that. But, at least you can keep up with your family and friends there.

I don't blame George for leaving, I have been thinking the same thing as well. This forum has the same few posting the same stuff.

You can count on us Richmond County folks being outraged at what they do and want to do with our tax money but just posting here and not actutally doing anything about it.

You can count on Riverman and some other posters making snarky comments about anything that is said about Richmond County.

You can count on Countyman making positive comments about Richmond County.

You can count on the same people making the same political statements depending on if they are republican or democrat..

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/23/12 - 06:53 am
tullie this is what i read this am

According to the Independent, a $1 fee is being charged to the few selected as participants in the test for sending message to people with whom they are not friends. The Facebook messaging system reportedly usually deflects unwanted or unsolicited correspondence into a "folder" that can be ignored if the potential recipient so chooses. I guess the $1 will buy a way out of the "ignore" folder and into the recipient's inbox, where they probably can then personally choose to ignore it — or not.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/23/12 - 06:56 am
Actually tullie

I think the citizens actually find out some news about politics in augusta that they wouldn't get if not for posters....
but I can agree we need new blood---new ideas--new versions of videos on here......we need SOMETHING NEW HERE!!

When you raise the price you need to give more services...

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/23/12 - 08:56 am
Crosswalk

If the crosswalk to the Marriott is somehow approved with ad space being sold, I hope the Ramada places a huge ad.

To save space, on another subject, I'm interested in that woman's murder 28 years ago. I made one comment there. Does anyone have ideas about it?

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/23/12 - 08:47 am
Tullie

It's okay what you said. Sometimes I don't like Riverman either. He can be something and hard for me to control. I just smile at what I like he says and try to ignore his boorish behavior other times. But I do report him myself every now and then for making fun of public officials. He can certainly get out of line.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/23/12 - 09:00 am
DUI Checkpoints

I am opposed to traffic DUI checkpoints where every car is stopped for no reason. It’s a banana republic technique for armed police to stop every car and demand their papers and ask them questions. It’s as unconstitutional as a raid on a house without a warrant in my opinion. I don’t drink and drive, but I don’t want to be stopped by police for no reason either.

In reality few drunk drivers are caught at these inconveniencing checkpoints and many officers are tied up while reckless drunk drivers are left free to roam during that time. Plus, the major problem today is drivers under the influence of prescription drugs driving. Those checkpoints rarely are able to determine that kind of impairment.

KSL
KSL 12/23/12 - 09:14 am
I have been hanging around

I have been hanging around longer, but I cannot imagine this place without CG. I wish he would reconsider.

KSL
KSL 12/23/12 - 09:26 am
Obama

"Legally attained" has yet to be proven. Oh wait, he doesn't have to prove anything.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 12/23/12 - 09:32 am
B4

Years ago you had to pay to use the restroom at the airport in Augusta. I'd just crawl under the door :)
I will miss you CG and if you decide to change your mind, we'd love it! And RM I enjoy whoever you are whatever day. B4 will tell me not to tell you that.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/23/12 - 09:37 am
Lilly, haha, yeah, shades of

Lilly, haha, yeah, shades of Herschel Walker...But thanks...Luv all of y'all...even B4. Tullie, too. Let's hope CGee changes his mind. I know we all get a little testy now and then....including the AC staff...and me.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/23/12 - 09:40 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 12/23/12 - 09:42 am
Lily

Just want to keep him at a "lovable" level.....:):)

gotta go aggravate cgee at another PLACE...dang his time!!!

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 12/23/12 - 09:42 am
DUI Checkpoints

Re: Your 08:00 post; I agree. More than the time wasted is the bad public relations it engenders and the arrogant attitude this kind of premptory policing nurtures. Officer Friendly has morphed into a soldier of an occupying force with random searches, kicking in doors, and treating everyone they meet like suspects. It bites occupying armies in the butt, and given the amount of escalation I've witnessed in my own lifetime, nears a tipping point. There will come a time when the tables turn, and I fear with the issue of our benevolent rulers attempting to disarm their subjects, it will be sooner rather than later.

And for that inevitable snarky poster: No, I've never driven under the influence of anything. I just hate how my country has in the name of protecting us (and those magical words, "the children") turned into a police state.

KSL
KSL 12/23/12 - 09:49 am
KSL
KSL 12/23/12 - 09:47 am
Note the date. One would

Note the date. One would think it newsworthy considering…

justthefacts
justthefacts 12/23/12 - 09:56 am
Narcissism

Too close to home Jake? My bad.

KSL
KSL 12/23/12 - 10:16 am
jtf

You have to give Omama credit for being consistent.

JRC2024
JRC2024 12/23/12 - 10:17 am
The pres is surely has a case

The pres is surely has a case of narcissim. Anyone who refers to themselves so often does.

justthefacts
justthefacts 12/23/12 - 10:29 am
Consistent

Mostly, he certainly loves to make everything about him (see Bin Laden killling). The only exception is when asked about his education. Then he wants to talk about anything but..

Jane18
Jane18 12/23/12 - 11:16 am
The Last Rant and 1st Comment

I just read up on that guy, Gen.Meigs....what a piece of poop! I agree, the statue needs to go!! >George, I have but one word for your announcement, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!