Lincolnton woman dies in house fire

  • Follow Metro

A Lincolnton woman was killed in a house fire Saturday morning.


Betty Moss, 64, was alone when her home at 1124 Murray Jones Circle was destroyed by fire. The fire was caused by a space heater that was placed too close to a sofa, according to the Georgia fire commissioner’s office.

The home did not have a working smoke alarm.

Comments (0) Add comment
ADVISORY: Users are solely responsible for opinions they post here and for following agreed-upon rules of civility. Posts and comments do not reflect the views of this site. Posts and comments are automatically checked for inappropriate language, but readers might find some comments offensive or inaccurate. If you believe a comment violates our rules, click the "Flag as offensive" link below the comment.
rmwhitley
5547
Points
rmwhitley 12/22/12 - 06:40 pm
1
0
God bless
Unpublished

Ms./Mrs. Moss's soul.

Back to Top
loading...
Top headlines

Augusta woman arrested after punishing son for breaking curfew

The 13-year-old told police that he was forced to sleep on the concrete patio in the backyard of their home in the 3400 block of Monte Carlo Drive after he came home 15 minutes late for his 9 p.m. ...
Search Augusta jobs