Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

DON’T YOU LOVE WHAT the Masters does for the Augusta community? Its huge gift to the Community Foundation of the CSRA makes it possible to provide grants to 40 area nonprofit agencies which help people and better the community. Now, if I could only get a Masters ticket things would be perfect!

GROVETOWN IS a growing city, but it’s the trashiest city in the CSRA. City workers may cut the grass in the common area of the most traveled street, which is East Robinson Avenue, but it took a week to pick up trash after the Christmas parade.

CALL IT A COINCIDENCE, but after seeing two pest-control service vehicles in my neighborhood at the same time, now I am seeing baby roaches in a home that has never experienced this type of infestation.

WHAT IS THE POINT of alumni, staffers and students of GRU voting in yet another survey? Azziz is going to pick what he wants anyway. Why not use Count Dracula as the mascot? Don’t fall for it this time. The results from the survey for choosing the new school’s logo and color scheme will not mean a thing since Emperor Azziz has already chosen what he wants!

THE REAL STORY BEHIND the “fiscal cliff” is that it has spurred a giving spree unlike anything ever seen before. Did it really take the threat of taxes to spur philanthropy? It really lets you know how some privileged Americans truly feel. I have been very blessed, but have always believed that one should spread the wealth.

THE COUNTY CHRISTMAS PARTY was the worst one I ever attended. The party was separated, and people were not able to sit together. If I had known it would be the way it was, I would never have attended this one. Only certain people go anyway.

DO PEOPLE IN DISTRICT 1 really believe Bill Fennoy is going to do anything? When he gets to the meetings, he will do what everyone tells him to do. He is also only interested in the Laney-Walker area. He will never do anything for any of the other parts of the district – Summerville, Harrisburg. Wait and see – I am going to have to have to say I told you so.

I HEAR THAT our commissioners want to spend $300,000 to have a traffic study conducted to see if we need “roundabouts.” Are you kidding me?! I am sick and tired of these clowns wanting to spend money on these kinds of “projects.” How about repairing the roads we have now!

Comments (47)

rebellious
rebellious 12/21/12 - 08:55 pm

Ungrateful Slob

You have the gall to complain about the taxpayer funded Christmas Party on a public forum. That is the height of ingracious thinking. Many businesses had to forego Christmas parties this year, not to mention those unfortunate ones who have no jobs. How about count your blessings instead of complaining. Great Google - di - Moo!

rebellious
rebellious 12/21/12 - 08:56 pm

My Offer

is still on the table to conduct the "Roundabout" study for $75K. Just tell me what you want it to say. You know like Dr. Azziz does.

Jake
Jake 12/21/12 - 09:43 pm

Roaches

I'm thinking either one or two things about the infestation.
First, the pest control vehicles were at a house spraying and the roaches high-tailed it to another house.
Second, the pest control vehicles were releasing baby roaches in the hopes that they would get more business at other houses.

Speaking of roaches, I love walking around the city of Charleston, especially at night when most folks have left and only the locals or a few tourists who are probably staying in town are there. But there is one place near the Battery that has vines growing on a wall and in the glow of the street light you can see hundreds of large cockroaches scampering on the sidewalk and the wall. When you walk by they go into the vines and come back out after you have left, kind of like drug dealers.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/21/12 - 10:36 pm

Not Blessed, Worked Hard

"I have been very blessed, but have always believed that one should spread the wealth."

I was not blessed, but I worked hard. I don't believe in sharing what I worked for unless I know whom I'm giving to and want to give. That doesn't mean the government confiscating my money and giving it to those I have never met.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/21/12 - 10:38 pm

Speaking of roaches, check

Speaking of roaches, check out the Riverwalk.

countyman
countyman 12/21/12 - 11:00 pm

West Augusta and South Augusta(airport area) growing

Another sign the local economy is heading in the right direction. There's land being cleared & construction equipment on both sides of Carmax in Wheeler Town Park. Neither of the two properties seem to be related to the Frontage rd expansion or the Gateway residential community under construction. Gander Mountain & Northern Toole were some of the developments before the recession.

I've mention before Home Goods and NCG Cinemas are now on the Village at Riverwatch site plan. The residential is located in the far right hand corner of the site plan.

The new retail center on Wheeler rd in the Augusta Exchange area is open(Dunkin Donuts, Which Wich, and I believe 1-2 more stores). The Indigo Joes further up the street on Wheeler rd is now under contract.

The $7.6 million General Perry Smith Parkway/Augusta Regional Industrial Park(200 acres) is moving forward. The parkway under construction will connect the airport to the Industrial Park.

The airport set another passenger record this year(third in a row). The airport had a 1.6 growth rate through November so far. 8K additional people, and plans to bring direct flights to NYC/Dallas/city in Florida.

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 12/21/12 - 11:30 pm

"THE COUNTY CHRISTMAS PARTY

...was the worst one I ever attended..." Yup, and the refreshments so poor.

(And the portions too small.)

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 12/21/12 - 11:35 pm

In California, it's called the "tenting syndrome."

Only way to really kill off all the various infestations is to completely cover the building almost airtight and release the poison. But the suckers must have their own 'preppers', because houses on all sides suddenly get hit with a wave of surviving fleeing pests. Then THEY have to be tented in turn.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 12/21/12 - 11:44 pm

Your 9:36 . . .

. . . is a bit Randian, RM.

Good for you!

:-)

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 12/22/12 - 07:58 am

The Rant on Fennoy

I supported him because I felt by him just by showing up he'd slow down the tax and spend steamrolling process.

I hope he asks LOTS of questions.

Just like our Dist 8 Comish has done, which have brought to light some of the sneaky situations Downtown.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/22/12 - 08:43 am

Good Morning America, High Rollers & Low Rollers

Why isn't the release of our Marine from Mexico one of the Top Headlines?

This is all he got from AC yesterday and was pulled almost as fast as it was posted.

"The forgotten Marine"

American wrongly imprisoned in Mexico snubbed by his own government.
By Augusta Chronicle Editorial Staff
Friday, Dec. 21, 2012

AC Staff comment:

Update: He is to be released as early as today, a judge has ruled. Our editorial worked! :)

CobaltGeorge Comment
If I'm Not Wrong

I believe FOX NEWS was the one that brought it into light and had a lot to do for his release. (Changed "also" in original post to "was the one")

Was my comment why it was dropped so fast. I think this Marine who was almost forgotten by our American leader deserves more than he is getting. Oh well, we all need to be kept updated on "Dish Network"

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/22/12 - 08:59 am

Maybe I Should See What Coffee Does In The AM

My comment was based on what I perceived that AC editorial had everything to do with his release.

Maybe took it wrong, but I found it to be very selfish to try and take all the credit.

I will stand corrected and apologize if so.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/22/12 - 09:01 am

CGee

I don't know CGee, but I was glad to see Mike Ryan using the ":)" smiley face. It shows he is secretly one of us internet pukes.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/22/12 - 09:02 am

CGee, see my above post. He

CGee, see my above post. He was kidding.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/22/12 - 09:34 am

Local School Safey Officers Armed?

I know Columbia and Richmond Counties have school safety officers. Aren't they already armed? If not...why?

Willow Bailey
20252
Willow Bailey 12/22/12 - 09:51 am

I'm going to get in line for

I'm going to get in line for a tenderloin roast at Fresh Market. Hope they aren't using pepper spray, yet.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 12/22/12 - 09:57 am

dstewart

Your "tenting" scenario is very likely for dry wood termites, not roaches or other crawling pests. We have subterranean termites here which must have a route to/from the earth. You can put down barrier poisons or baits to eliminate them. Dry wood termites are much more troublesome because they fly in and stay.
Next, tenting is VERY expensive, so would likely not happen unless the benefit outweighs the cost.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 12/22/12 - 09:59 am

WB, can you get one for me? I

WB, can you get one for me? I don't want to stand in line a couple of hours for something as silly as a roast....

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/22/12 - 10:19 am

Good morning perps.....

Jokes, Funny, laughs and Quotes

It was christmas eve. A couple doing last minute shopping. When her husband disappeared she phoned him on his cellphone. "where are you" in a calm voice, he replied, "darling remember the jewellery shop we went in 5 years ago and you fell in love with that diamond necklace that we could not afford, and i said one day i would get it for you". Her eyes filled with tears. "yes i remember" she said...... "Well im in the bar next door"

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/22/12 - 10:22 am

From one group to another

The hate group The Westboro Baptist Church has picked up a hate group of its own.

Now...this hate group will probably get a hate group to hate it....& so it goes....

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/22/12 - 10:24 am

Now let me lookie/see

Is Rebel here this am....weeel no don't see him...

Is Retired army here this am...nahhhh

Gotta have my bad boys...like a day without coffee....Santa you know what I want.........☺

omnomnom
omnomnom 12/22/12 - 10:26 am

riverman, i believe the

riverman, i believe the richmond county public safety officers are armed. when i was there, WestSide High also had metal detectors (that were either never turned on, or just there for ambience)

Jake
Jake 12/22/12 - 10:30 am

Good morning, folks

"Tenting" is indeed for termites, at least out here in California. It is not that uncommon and I had it done about 5 yrs ago. We stayed in a local motel for 2 nights while it was done. Expensive? About $1500 but that's better than having termite damage.

Willow, if you get pepper sprayed then have them aim it at the roast so it gets marinated. Also, note that if you worked for a certain dentist in Iowa, you would have been fired too.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/22/12 - 11:11 am

Omnomnom, good...and thanks

Omnomnom, good...and thanks for the info.

Willow, I could argue buying anything at Fresh Market is about the equivalent of buying those Nikes. :)

Sweet son
Sweet son 12/22/12 - 11:21 am

I like Jake's comment on the roaches!

If you have a good extermination company not only will they run the roaches next door but if the are really good they will do the same with the fire ants!

Sweet son
Sweet son 12/22/12 - 11:21 am

@SeenitB4

Great joke!! I might use that one on my wife!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/22/12 - 11:42 am

A little yankee humor

For most people when you lose your "khakis" you have lost your pants....but for people from Boston when you lose your "khakis" you can't start your car....hahahaha

Now....have to make rumballs & taste them to make sure the rum is still good...lol

sweetson.....why U no follow me....see only the mean Riverguy U follow
no follow no rumballs .....gotit!..:):)

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/22/12 - 11:46 am

Joke not meant for sweet yankees...:)

The above joke about "yankees" is no reflection on our own cgee from NYC area.....it was an honest mistake that he was born up North....he has corrected this by becoming a true gun toting--barbeue loving--truck driving--good ole boy!

also add country music loving too!!!

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/22/12 - 12:42 pm

Good morning y'all

Either I'm in a good mood or there's really no rant or rave to complain about this morning.

I'm hungry. Think I'll have some fried chicken for breakfast. Who's with me?

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/22/12 - 12:45 pm

Hey seenit, river ,CG, Reb, jake, and everyone else

Merry Christmas!!!

Now what did you get me?