Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

STATE BUDGET CUTS force more layoffs at GHSU. Yet state funds were wasted on an ignored survey and are being wasted on an unnecessary lawsuit in order to satisfy greed, arrogance and egotism. How many more jobs will be lost?

MIKE BOOTH’S LETTER to the editor cites an excellent list of criteria that shows the advantages of hiring senior citizens. Unfortunately, not all seniors can meet the listed criteria, but it’s something that one could evaluate before hiring.

THE PLACEMENT OF a historical marker to a Yankee officer in Augusta is an example of our ridiculously “politically correct” society. This man seized Gen. Lee’s wife’s property in revenge for his service to the South. Are there markers to Confederate soldiers in the North? I doubt it.

PRESIDENT OBAMA said that there will be consequences if President Bashar al-Assad uses chemical weapons on his people. I wonder what these consequences will be? Probably he will just send a letter to Assad telling him to stop it. That’s what you call strong leadership.

FINALLY, GEORGIA Southern got on the front page of the sports section after advancing to the semifinals in the playoffs. GSU was on Page 7 while UGA dominated all the pages, even though the Bulldogs lost.

WHO’S FOOTING THE bill for the formal $150-per-person gala for the new sheriff? Better not be us taxpayers.

I’M GLAD THERE was a nice private fete to Sheriff Ronnie Strength. I just wish there was a nice public one that more of us could attend.

I CAN GET OVER the fact that Obama was re-elected; you have to get over the fact that my criticisms are due to a disagreement with hi philosophy and not due to racism.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/21/12 - 06:34 am
Mayan Calendar

Speaking of Indians, shouldn't everything be OVER by now?

seenitB4 12/21/12 - 06:33 am
The link that Rebel used yesterday

I like that Lonesome Dove link that Rebel had on here yesterday....very few times in my life have I wanted to be a man..but when I did think that...I wanted to kick some hineys like he did in that link!

InChristLove
InChristLove 12/21/12 - 06:34 am
SeenitB4, an excellent

SeenitB4, an excellent questin at 6:24am. I'd like to hear the answer to that one.

seenitB4 12/21/12 - 06:36 am
ICL

I think some will say home life & teaching kids to respect parents-teachers & etc......
It amazes me & bothers me also that kids today have 0 respect for teachers.....

seenitB4 12/21/12 - 06:38 am
CGEe what happened son...

Did you fall asleep on us.....:)

I bet he is selling safes ---guns this am....

seenitB4 12/21/12 - 06:47 am
Krispy Kreme

Right now I can imagine a guy biting into a KK & reading the headlines about them ........

I wonder if Dunkin Doughnuts had anything to do with this .....:)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/21/12 - 06:48 am
B4

Nope, Out of safes to sell and no more guns to buy.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/21/12 - 06:52 am
ICL

There is ain't that there 6:24AM....must have be poo-canned...

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/21/12 - 06:56 am
Did you know

that I had a distant relative who was an officer in the Yankee army who had a son in the confederate army. Both were killed.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/21/12 - 07:00 am
Sign at St. Nicholas Episcopal Church

"For Christ sakes, stop asking us about the Mayan thing. Totally different apocalypse."

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/21/12 - 07:02 am
Easier in Confederate Army

I think it would have been more fun in the Confederate Army with fewer regulations, plus easier to make rank....That is until they started to lose.

seenitB4 12/21/12 - 07:02 am
CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/21/12 - 07:09 am
Woody Allen

did a good job describing what I was thinking when I woke this AM.

“In my next life I want to live my life backwards. You start out dead and get that out of the way. Then you wake up in an old people's home feeling better every day. You get kicked out for being too healthy, go collect your pension, and then when you start work, you get a gold watch and a party on your first day. You work for 40 years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement. You party, drink alcohol, and are generally promiscuous, then you are ready for high school. You then go to primary school, you become a kid, you play. You have no responsibilities, you become a baby until you are born. And then you spend your last 9 months floating in luxurious spa-like conditions with central heating and room service on tap, larger quarters every day and then Voila! You finish off as an orgasm!”

seenitB4 12/21/12 - 07:14 am
hahaha

You spend your 1st 9 months of life trying to get "out" of there & then the rest of your life trying to get back in "there"....what a world!

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/21/12 - 07:19 am
Ha...floating.

Ha...floating.

seenitB4 12/21/12 - 07:19 am
Hmmm speaking of the Confederacy.....

Georgia was very important in the Civil War era....we had great leaders in the Ga area...Crawfordville is loaded with history.....a nice trip to take the kids to learn Ga history btw...

dichotomy
dichotomy 12/21/12 - 07:19 am
Going to be a bad day in the

Going to be a bad day in the market today. Obama brought nothing to the table except his self-importance and arrogance. Don't blame the Republicans.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/21/12 - 07:22 am
B4

What the heck is wrong with "trying to get back in "there"? Everybody has to have a goal, right?

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/21/12 - 07:23 am
Hey Shrimp, Refresh My Memory

Shrimp, I'm trying to recall the monuments in Charleston dedicated to Yankees, but none come to mind. Refresh my memory.

seenitB4 12/21/12 - 07:26 am
A Goal in Life!

Yes Cgee....we females appeciate your mission in life......I will say...some try harder than others...wwaahahhaa!!!!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/21/12 - 07:26 am
Dichotomy, it doesn't matter

Dichotomy, it doesn't matter about the budget. Obama's entire theme is to take from those who have. That's the one thing he won't compromise on. We could have a balanced budget with zero debt and he would still be calling for taking more in taxes.

seenitB4 12/21/12 - 07:28 am
Don't get me going cgee

I will end up sitting next to Retired Army....out in neverland somewhere...LOL

gotta ck some places......will be back!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/21/12 - 07:31 am
My First House

was built in the exact location of the Crawford Plantation home. It has a very interesting civil war history. The Crawford cemetery with the Crawfords and Slaves is also on my property.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 12/21/12 - 07:56 am
Woody Allen

Love that one!

seenitB4 12/21/12 - 08:07 am
The movie Lincoln

If you haven't seen it please try to do so....worth every cent....I can see many getting awards ...they were fantastic in this movie.....:)

justthefacts
justthefacts 12/21/12 - 08:12 am
seenit

Don't tell us how it ends.....

seenitB4 12/21/12 - 08:24 am
Ok JTF

Psssst.....Lincoln doesn'tmake it......& the South lost.....but don't tell the Good ole Boys.....they don't know we lost..:)

seenitB4 12/21/12 - 08:31 am
Lily just said...

Sam Champion the weatherman is getting married.....to a man......we really have a lot of gay tv persons........but the one that shocked me & I still have trouble believing it is Rock Hudson....that HUNK of a man....that great actor.......why did you leave me lucille....baaawaaa

seenitB4 12/21/12 - 08:34 am
LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 12/21/12 - 08:50 am
Prayer

"IF YOU PRAY for it and it happens, your prayer was answered. If you pray for it and it doesn’t happen, it’s God’s will. If everything is according to God’s omniscient will, what, then, is the point of prayer?"
It cleanses the soul. Do you have a worry? Turn it over to God in prayer. I really does work! TRY IT, YOU MIGHT LIKE IT!

Georgia Regents' hospital plan chosen