Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

IT’S TOO BAD THERE are way too many ignorant people wrongfully ranting against President Obama for traveling as part of his job as president. He represents all the people of the U.S., not only here, but also abroad. As for cooperation, he’s one man with hundreds of representatives and senators who refuse to cooperate. If you are going to blame anyone, blame those hundreds who refuse to come to a consensus for years now, not the leader.

STATES AND THE federal government could learn from Deanna Brown-Thomas and the other James Brown children on how to properly give away money, food stamps, phones and other stuff. Require I.D., proof of kids, income and registration.

‘VENOM’ IS NOT the problem people have with cats running loose. County law states that animals be kept in your yard or on a leash. This includes cats. Cats stink, leave deposits in flower beds and kill birds. The leash law is there for a reason. Obey the law and keep your cats and dogs in your yard.

WASHINGTON STATE has made it legal to smoke dope and for homosexuals to “marry.” The U.S. keeps sinking in the stinking mire of sin and disaster; our economy shows we’re going backwards, and nobody with any political authority has the courage to fix things.

DR. RICARDO AZZIZ is laying off six people after the state cut off some GHSU funding. Rather than six people lose their jobs, wouldn’t it be better all around for them to keep their jobs and just dump Azziz, who might be taking home a check equal to those six combined? That would kill two birds with one stone – or something like that.

MR. PRESIDENT, here is an easy target for deficit reduction. Just knock off the subsidies to oil companies since they apparently are doing very well.

I SEE THAT Dr. Azziz has started his layoffs. You just wait for the merger between GHSU and ASU to be finalized then you can expect many more to be put on the chopping block.

I WATCHED THE Christmas parade on TV, how classy. Motorcycles doing burnouts. What do you expect from Richmond County?

single parent
single parent 12/19/12 - 07:51 pm
CATS AND DOGS

WOW! You too! I actually called Animal Control this morning about the same thing. When I first called it(animal control) said they did not open until 11:00 am. Then I went outside seen the same thing and called again, which the phone was answered 4 minutes after calling at 9:01 am. I explained the problem and the guy shows up at 5:25 pm which I happen to be sitting in my truck and seen him. He went to one of the complaint house and a apparently knew the occupant. The guy never went across the street to the other complaint house and never stopped to talk to me about the complaint. He then left!
These people are letting dogs have puppies and the parent themselves do not have tags or on a leash, so that means no shots or safety concerns for people walking by. This morning it took me 1 1/2 hours to get a puppy from under a car in my back yard. The thing was hostile and felt it was in control of that car. I slid a strap around it's neck and dragged it out and the little thing was still cursing me. As I released it to go on its way I stepped in a fresh pile with my house shoes on and I DO NOT even own a dog! ! On top of that my Christmas lights where chewed and broken. These dogs are not being cared for properly and it is not fair to me or the dogs!

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/19/12 - 08:58 pm
Gen Petraeus

About Gen Petraeus, the Surge Originator, having conservative civilian advisors. Would you rather he have had liberals advising him? Heck, I'm even glad his mistress was conservative. Can you imagine a liberal military advisor....or mistress? Patton would have slapped any liberals in his presence.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 12/20/12 - 01:26 am
#1

Yes, the president does travel in the U.S. and sometimes abroad, it is part of the job. But it is NOT part of the job for the first lady to jet around the world with an entourage, all living high off the hog at taxpayer expense. That is TACKY and unbecoming her position.

As for cooperation; in your view we should just eliminate congress so the pres can just have his way? Do you understand the theory and purpose for having three branches of government? Obviously not and a good example of an ignorant voter.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 12/20/12 - 01:28 am
#3

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 12/20/12 - 01:34 am
#4, and those who agree

How, specifically, does that hurt you? In my view it is not pot smokers and homosexuals that are killing this country; it is the welfare/entitlement mindset that stifles free market capitalism, and creates an exponentially growing dependent class.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 12/20/12 - 01:39 am
#5

Azziz is taking in $750K + bennies. Let's say $800K. Lower level employees at MCG might make $25K with bennies. His salary would employ 32 nurses aides or kitchen workers.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 12/20/12 - 01:42 am
#6

Knock off ALL subsidies. People/companies need to sink or swim on their own in a free market, provided other governments aren't creating an uneven playing field.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/20/12 - 01:44 am
Washington and Colorodo recreational Marijuna use

I't's about time. At least there are two states that realize that pot is nowhere near as bad as alcohol.
No I do not smoke marijuna. I did when I was younger but quit many years ago. There are very good medicinal qualities to the plant.
Nothing good about alcohol.

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 12/20/12 - 05:52 am
Okay...I think it's obvious

Okay...I think it's obvious that people like itsanotherday1 must have figured out that the more comments they post, then the higher their "points" increase. I mean, come on itsa...5 straight comments?? All within just a few minutes of each other? And no, I'm not picking on you...there are a few others who've learned the same trick. First off, what's the big deal about these points anyway? From what I've seen so far, nothing. I have found that people with 10 points have just as interesting points to make as people with 10,000.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/20/12 - 06:19 am
Just My Opinion

I always wondered what the points meant too. I don't care if I have any. It's not going to change the way I post.
I know... People with the fewest points have more of a life!

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/20/12 - 06:47 am
Please forget the points who cares

Some get points for just breathing...good/bad/ugly doesn't matter.....we can't control how many times OTHERS hit our lever....& who gives a rats batooney...

Why read posts that annoy you--skip over or put on ignore......it is $$$$ for this paper...GET IT!!!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/20/12 - 06:49 am
also jmo

When you pay for a box on here.....you use the dang thing.....or why visit........geez...yall have a lot to worry about this am...:(

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/20/12 - 06:50 am
Single Parent I'm sorry about your problem

But the way you explained it made it funny especially stepping in the poop and not even having a dog. Sounds like you had ahard time and I'm sorry but you brightened my day with the humour.
By the way I have a dog and a cat and the cat never goes out and the dog only with a leash. I'm your model pet owner. I too have taken the plunge into the smelly mound that you and I know so well!
Hope this day goes better for you.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/20/12 - 06:53 am
Seenit

Do they make you pay to post? They used to charge me $2.95 a month but finally stopped charging me. I get the paper paper too.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/20/12 - 06:54 am
AAron Tippin

One of my fav singers...just saw a great picture of him out hunting with folks I know......amazing guy....good & country ....

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/20/12 - 06:54 am
SEENit

Did you read the first post by single parent. I'm sorry they had a bad day but the way they described it made me laugh.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/20/12 - 06:57 am
heh shrimp..

We all pay a monthly fee to enjoy the news here.....all the papers are going digital & they have to make $$ some way....can't blame them for that.....it really is cheap when you think about it....& sometimes we make the news with them......
I'm waiting for Sean to offer me a job ......he teases me about hiring me....hehehheeh

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/20/12 - 07:00 am
1st rant

Yes..I think we have ignorance on both sides.....I wonder sometimes how the devil did some EVER make it into congress.......blows my mind....if they can do it well then many on here posting can do it too......it s just wanting to serve & actually spend time in WASHINGTON.....many don't want that...

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/20/12 - 07:06 am
about the cat poop

Yeh....kinda funny but I'm sure this person has had enough of animals messing in her yard.....I can relate....once I came home to a torn up back yard ..the dog in back of me had climbed the fence & destroyed my yard & shed....I just got in from work & was dead tired.... had to call the animal control to a beautiful dog .....didn't feel good either but the guy kept him chained & didn't give a toot about the dog...it was truly the owners fault & not the dog....

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/20/12 - 07:12 am

Don't be jealous over our points please.....some of us had to do "ugly" stuff to ramp up the #s......hahahahah
Evil---wicked--unseemly stuff.....:)

Like kiss fannys all the way from Augusta to Thomson....yeehaw!

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/20/12 - 07:22 am
I can't wait to get 10.000

I have no idea why though.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/20/12 - 07:23 am
Seenit

They don't charge me anything at all to post. Do you think it's because I'm a subscriber?

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/20/12 - 07:37 am
NOTHING???

maybe you are charged a small fee.....tacked on to your paper charge...I know you are enjoyable but didn't think any can post for free......don't tell anyone though...I won't either.....no one needs to know you are free loading on here....lol

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/20/12 - 07:43 am
HAHAHAHA

I thought I heard a while back they were going to stop charging for posting. Hey Sean if you read this can you explain?

InChristLove
InChristLove 12/20/12 - 07:51 am
Personally, I'd rather read

Personally, I'd rather read 10 small to the point post (even if they are one right after the other) than a long drawn out post that I lose interest in reading.

rebellious
rebellious 12/20/12 - 07:57 am
Sean

I want to be put on Shrimp's plan, his rates are better than mine. Do I qualify for his "Friends and Family" circle?

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/20/12 - 07:59 am
Missing in action Mr Rebel

Weeeel...where have you been Reb....messing with daddie gov in downtown Augusta.....heh.....you know we miss your wicked posts on here...:)

rebellious
rebellious 12/20/12 - 08:05 am
Year End

is always busy for my Bidness. Plus lost a little enthusiasm for a bit. Like playing Wack A Mole can get tiring, you know. Also trying to be sure personal protection devices secured before Ole Joe (standup Chuck) Biden ravages our 2nd amendment.

Rumors of my demise hve been greatly exaggerated.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/20/12 - 08:05 am
yep ICL

The long posts with 0 break between them wear me out too.....I like a paragragh divided into sections.....I might have to give downers for the offenders ...