Woman injured in Dec. 3 wreck dies

Sunday, Dec. 16, 2012 9:39 PM
Last updated 11:27 PM
  • Follow Metro

A woman who was at fault in an accident that killed a truck driver on Dec. 3 has died from injuries she sustained in the wreck, authorities said.

Faye Dodd, 68, of Blythe, was pronounced dead Sunday at the the Medical College of Georgia Hospital, Richmond County Deputy Coroner Kenneth Boose said in an e-mail. She died of blunt force trauma.

At 4:50 p.m. onDec. 3, Dodd stopped at the stop sign at the intersection of Willis Foreman and Deans Bridge Road. Fred Buckson, 53, of the 1800 block of Kissingbower Road, was traveling north on Deans Bridge in a 1999 International 9000 tractor-trailer.

Dodd, driving a Chevrolet Cavalier, turned left in an attempt to go south on Deans Bridge. The left front of her vehicle hit the right side of the tractor trailer, Richmond County Sheriff’s Capt. Scott Gay said.

Buckson was pronounced dead at the scene after it took officials more than two hours to extract him from the vehicle.

Dodd was pinned under the tractor-trailer and was airlifted to Medical College of Georgia Hospital with internal bleeding and blunt force trauma.

A passenger in the Cavalier was taken to the hospital and was in serious condition with broken bones and blunt force trauma.

Authorities determined that Dodd was at fault in the accident, Gay said.

Comments (1) Add comment
ADVISORY: Users are solely responsible for opinions they post here and for following agreed-upon rules of civility. Posts and comments do not reflect the views of this site. Posts and comments are automatically checked for inappropriate language, but readers might find some comments offensive or inaccurate. If you believe a comment violates our rules, click the "Flag as offensive" link below the comment.
rmwhitley 12/17/12 - 09:50 am
God bless

Mrs./Ms. Dodd's soul.

crystaleyes86 02/05/14 - 11:37 pm
I Miss You

I will never forget you mama. What hurts the most is I never had an opportunity to say goodbye to you. When this happened I was 4 hours away and nobody knew how to get in touch with me. Rest in peace, but I will never let you go :-(

Back to Top
Search Augusta jobs