Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

YOU CAN SEE NOW why a photo ID (driver’s license, for example) is needed when voting when one reads the article “Some voters registered at vacant lots.” In addition to vacant lots people have registered at abandoned or boarded-up houses.

WHY IS IT THAT when Democrats talk about cutting entitlements they only talk about Medicare and Social Security? What about all of the others, such as free phones, food stamps, welfare, Medicaid, low income housing and contraceptives.. Entitlements of all sorts need to be candidates for cuts.

IT IS A SHAME that Richmond County schools show little, if any, respect for noncustodial fathers of students in their district. Perhaps one day they can pay attention to court orders, just like the rest of us do. Or is it that school systems are above such things, like the law? More fathers than not want to be positively and actively involved in our children’s lives. Don’t stand in the way.

SHERIFF-ELECT Roundtree really thinks people have money to throw around? He expects to haul in $150 a person? What is he going to serve, caviar and champagne? This from a man who’s supposed to be a peace officer? Where is the money supposed to go? For his new captains?

‘AUGUSTA CHRONICLE,’ that was good reporting on the voter frauds you found. Now I hope the city at least bans those particular people and has charges posted against them.

I’M SO GLAD that Historic Augusta recognized the need to preserve the last vestige of Haines Institute in the historic building called Cauley-Wheeler. Now I truly hope that the building will be repaired. After all, it’s designated as a historic site.

IT SEEMS THE NEW and illegitimate “state” of Palestine is broke, in the hole and run by thugs.

SOME OF THE opposition to President Obama comes from sincere policy disagreement; fair enough. But this old, white Southern male can assure you that the vitriol, the hatred, the attempts to delegitimize Obama, come from old-fashioned racism. And that is the truth.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/13/12 - 08:46 am
SeenIt...Great Posts Today

Seriously good stuff.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/13/12 - 08:47 am
Mornin' everybody

Who are we cutting down today?
I vote for Seeenit.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/13/12 - 08:47 am
Seenit

can I borrow your brain? My posts are lacking.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/13/12 - 08:48 am
Second line in phone

Second line in phone conversation of Lewis Blanchard and Scott Peebles. "So what I'm almost a captain, too."

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/13/12 - 08:52 am
Captain Riverman

I like the sound of that!

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/13/12 - 08:53 am
Angela

That Elton John song is still bouncing around in my head!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/13/12 - 08:54 am
He calls his child

He calls his child Jesus.............because he likes the name!

You're welcome. :-)

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/13/12 - 09:00 am
Lub you too River

Shrimp my brain has been fried--you wouldn't want the leftovers.....if yall didn't have rebel rousers like RM--Cgee-Rebel on here ...dang this place would die a slow death....THANK GOD for trouble makers....they will inherit the earth.....
Open up folks....put your true feelings on here....we can't reach through this puter & strangle ya...so why not!!

(there are times I wanted to reach a few on here LOL)

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 12/13/12 - 09:06 am
B4

Did you and RA run off together and you won't let him use your PC?

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/13/12 - 12:43 pm
Mr. Morris Should Switch Staffs

Some of us read the Log Cabin Democrat, another Morris owned paper, now and then after Alan English was sent there. It is so cool. They have some kind of magic with the staff, stories and those who comment. If I were Mr. Morris, I'd bring the Log Cabin Democrat staff here and send the Chronicle staff, workers at all levels and even the commenters to Conway. We can all come back after we GET whatever they have.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/13/12 - 09:17 am
Shrimp Said...

"Captain Riverman
I like the sound of that!"

It's not hard to become a captain.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/13/12 - 09:21 am
Lily

RA & I have gotten "close"...you know how opposites attract....weeel that has happened.....I visit him once a week in is naughty place hideout from "you know who"....he won't wear the orange suit they gave him...he does send me great country hits......he is another baddie & he will be back he says......funnie how I am so attracted to baddies....:) I will ponder that thought today..

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/13/12 - 09:24 am
I So Much Agree RM

Why is AC against allowing embedding a picture, One/max Two for each member per day. Controlling want picture would be allowed would be so easy and would add some spice to the R&R only.

I would like to share the 600 gal per minute Mountain Water Falls that the CIC and I have completed except for all the landscape. It would be worth the extra money.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 12/13/12 - 09:27 am
B4 - I knew it!

And baddies are the most fun- always have been!!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/13/12 - 09:27 am
Rver please

saying this....
We can all come back after we GET whatever they have.

They can't hold a candle to us...the only problem here is we have withered on the vine somewhat.....what happened is AC threw in all those religious threads & we have been walking on egg shells trying to avoid a collision with a run away train....so to speak......

We all know religion SELLS.....sex SELLS....crime SELLS....some of us just prefer sex & crime articles.......throw in a few guns for good measure....I almost broke my arm dodging one article last weekend....I wanted to post but KNEW someone would shoot me in a soft spot.....a spot I don't want a hole in btw.....LOL

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/13/12 - 09:28 am
B4

What's that book you read (Shades of Gray) or something like that?
It's beginning to show.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/13/12 - 09:32 am
CG

I hope so cgee.....I still shiver everytime I "think" about that book.....:)

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/13/12 - 09:43 am
hey river

I'd like to be a captain. Then I could rule the Ashley and Cooper rivers. Maybe we could rule them together.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/13/12 - 09:44 am
River

Do you ever miss Charleston?

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/13/12 - 09:49 am
Merle Temple Out of Jail Already?

Dang time flys when you are having fun. When does Schrenko get out? I think she has been accumulating her 6 figure retirement pension while in prison. She will be a multimillionaire when she gets out. What bothers me about that is the state lost hundreds of thousands from her scheme with the South African. She should have to pay that back before drawing her retirement. I consider her a double dipper, heh, drawing retired pay and being put up by the taxpayers in prison.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/13/12 - 09:52 am
Shrimp, of course I miss

Shrimp, of course I miss Charleston. I used to have to travel a lot and when I mentioned I was from Charleston it immediately opened up a conversation. It's a beautiful, historic city that has a power over its residents and visitors forever. Witness Willow's post the other day. I was born in the old Bakers Hospital beside Colonial Lake. Tell me I'm not a Charlestonian.

BamaMan
BamaMan 12/13/12 - 09:54 am
Cuts

The Dems don't talk about cutting food stamps, free phones, welfare, because THOSE are the people that voted for them in the first place.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/13/12 - 09:55 am
Spice in his book--Merle

I hope he puts some spice in that book of his.....I want DETAILS......when I think of others writing books ....I think...River & shrimp could write circles around these folks.....ole Charleston stories......Tobacco Rd sex tales......whatcha waiting for??

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/13/12 - 09:57 am
Gone but not forgotten..

RA sent this...

gotta luv a guy with a sense of humor!

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 12/13/12 - 09:57 am
Speaking of 50 Shades of Gray

See the comments in the "scam costs 66-year old 50 K" - Jake - too funny!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/13/12 - 10:06 am
Shrimp....keeping with

Shrimp....keeping with today's topic....maybe this will help you get that song out of your head.

"I'm your captain, I'm your captain, though I'm feeling mighty sick."

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/13/12 - 10:09 am
Jake & his funnybone

Yeh he has one Lily.......that is why we let him get away with stuff on here....

It is 9am omg omg...the time slips away.....where does it go.....yall gotta stop making me lol so much .....gotta run seeya

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/13/12 - 11:08 am
Wow River

I grew up behind the old museum on Ashley ave. 4 blocks from where you were born. When I had a paper route I used to drop 15 papers at Baker every morning. My mom was a nurse there for many years. She said the fourth floor was haunted.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/13/12 - 11:09 am
HAHA Angela

That's hilarious. Maybe it will work. I sure hope so! Thanks!

harley_52
harley_52 12/13/12 - 12:21 pm
"She said the fourth floor was haunted."

Was that the maternity floor?

Many black colleges struggling

Although Paine has struggled with its own failures over the past several years, HBCUs across the nation are dealing with some of the same troubles that are threatening their missions and existence.