Rants and Raves

Comments from readers:

KUDOS to Lantz Lamback, a Paralympic gold medalist, for speaking to the students at A.R. Johnson Health Science and Engineering Magnet School recently. His journey through life message provided them with many reasons on how they can achieve their dreams!

A RANT TO RCBE!!! ROBERSON AND JONES NEED TO GO!!! ASAP!

TO THE DISGRUNTLED pew hoarder. I think I may know you! Are you the lady who once told me that you were more saved than I am? I don’t know what spirit you were getting “into” but it certainly wasn’t Christmas. Maybe if you had been in THAT spirit you would not now be in a strained relationship with your daughter.

TO THE RANTER UPSET for not being able to “Save” seats, get over it. No one has a right to save any seats in a general admission event. If you want group seating, sit in the back or pay for special seating.

WELL, AFTER BEING rather sketchy about how to fix the economy we have now discovered President Obama’s plan, raise taxes and blame the Republicans! The new Wimpy of the White House, “I will gladly give you spending cuts tomorrow for a tax hike today!”

FOR THE FOLKS WHO think Kansas City Chiefs player Jovan Belcher was “a good guy” ...The definition for this guy is nothing short of being a murderer. The gun didn’t kill his girlfriend; it was the weapon of his choice, that’s all.

IT’S 6:30 P.M. ON Friday night and I would like to thank whoever the genius is who makes you stop at every stop light from the time you hit Washington and Columbia roads all the way to Ronald Reagan. I thought those lights were installed for even flow traffic. Well somebody didn’t do it the way it was supposed to have been done. Stop and go traffic. We are in L.A.

RANT TO THE Columbia County Board of Equalization for acting as an arbitrator and supporting a property value increase of 51 percent in one year.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/11/12 - 09:02 pm
Stories the Chronicle Has Avoided

Since multiple media outlets have stories about the Greenjackets moving to a new stadium in North Augusta, I think the Chronicle should investigate and give us a story even if the N. Augusta city government refuses to comment.

In another matter, the amount the Augusta National contributed to the worthy area organizations this year decreased by a considerable amount, but we got an editorial about how great it was that they gave anything. I do love the National and realize the tremendous economic surge the World’s Greatest Sporting Event brings to the entire CSRA so don’t misconstrue what I mean, but I’d like an article asking the National why it has decided to decrease funding so dramatically to local projects. Their words could give us reasons to improve in various ways.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 12/11/12 - 09:17 pm
Next to last ranter. At that

Next to last ranter. At that time of day in Columbia County there is no hope, especially on Friday. It isn't like you don't have traffic lined up at all of those cross streets waiting their turn just like you are. The roads are over capacity for timing, and they are close to maxed at how many vehicles are moving through intersections from all four directions.

countyman
20120
countyman 12/11/12 - 09:42 pm
West Augusta is going strong

#1.. Let's hope the new vocational magnet school in South Augusta, can equal the success of Davidson/AR Johnson/CT Walker..

Both NCG Cinemas and Home Goods are included on the VAR site plan. West Augusta is really turning into a major beast in terms of new construction(Wheeler Town Park, Augusta Exchange, Village at Riverwatch). The proposed residential is located in the far right corner of the site plan.

countyman
20120
countyman 12/11/12 - 09:47 pm
Mix use in South Augusta?

West Augusta is full of upscale apartments(Estates at Perimeter, Century Hills, Brigham Woods Century Glenn, etc) including one more under construction(The Gateway in Wheeler Town Park). South Augusta could use one in order to help bring in additional younger professionals. A 252 unit complex(Fort Gordon Place) is coming to 3032 Tobacco rd, and can hopefully spur further residential/commercial growth in the surrounding area. There's plenty of vacant land on Deans Bridge going towards Blythe, and Tobacco rd near the Fort Gordon entrance. According to certain language it's going to become mix-use.

''that access to any future commercial development be at least 200 feet from the Tobacco Road intersection''

Harrington Park Health & Rehabilitation is building a new 45,537 sq. ft. skilled nursing facility in West Augusta at 511 Pleasant Home rd...

The Holiday Inn Express & Staybridge Suites in Aiken will break ground in the near future.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/11/12 - 09:46 pm
From the comments I see, the

From the comments I see, the Greenjackets move is a fact.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/11/12 - 10:12 pm
Land From a Public Park

If land from a public park in North Augusta is donated for a riverfront baseball stadium, I don't consider it the same as a donation of river front land in Augusta. It's another thing to use land you already own than to use land owned by another government entity.

In essence, I don't see state owned land in Augusta at the GGHOF, to be the equal of city owned public park land that could be used by North Augusta to build another stadium. The state owned land in GA-Augusta, at the GGHOF, can be used for many things beneficial to the state, meaning housing for students at ASU=MCG. North Augusta, city owned park land, is open. A stadium there could be transforming.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/12/12 - 12:57 am
To the ranter about saving seats

What did you expect. You can't sit in a pew and then tell people "These seats are saved." If it was that important to you then your whole family should have gotten there at the same time. Your Christmas Spirit is in dire need of an overhaul. I don't think your daughter should have barred you from Christmas dinner though. I don't think your family knows the meaning of Christmas Spirit or you wouldn't have had these problems.
All I know is my family doesn't make mountains out of molehills and I have four teenagers.Lighten up and enjoy the hollidays. Life is too short to get upset over something that inthe scheme of things is petty.
I hope your Christmas is much better this year.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/12/12 - 12:58 am
Hey River

Merry Christmas and would you save me a seat at the last supper?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 12/12/12 - 01:15 am
f the Greenjackets move

I say OUTSTANDING! I hope NA and ColCo pull more amenities from Augusta.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 12/12/12 - 01:43 am
From another story

These people were flying with a 78 YO PILOT in a super fast jet that is a challenge for young and nimble pilots. Sorry for the victims, but no way I'm climbing on board with grandpa at the controls.

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 12/12/12 - 05:54 am
River, I really don't see the

River, I really don't see the donation reduction by the Augusta National as a trend. If you remember, they have alot of construction going on on their grounds....mainly the new world-class restaurant. This costs money, so it seems they've pulled money from different areas to make up for it, including their donations. I'm sure it'll pick back up in the future. Gotta remember...it's their money to do with as they see fit.

justthefacts
justthefacts 12/12/12 - 05:59 am
Better Hurry

The Obama victory coins just went on sale. $10 bucks. They won't last long. Great Christmas gift for the fool, er person, who has everything!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/12/12 - 07:43 am
Good Morning America

It saddens me to know that another GUN has killed two more humans in Oregon. We just have to do something with the minds that we put into the weapons we are manufacturing. I'm so glad that the many guns I have were produced in a higher level manufacturing company with stable minds.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/12/12 - 07:45 am
I'm Happy

to say Good Morning America knowing that an asteroid just missed plant earth by 150,000 miles.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/12/12 - 08:03 am
Just My Opinion

That's an idea about the Augusta National donations. But I doubt their spending money for construction has anything to do with it. They just have too much for that to affect anything. I readily agree it's their money to do with as they see and that's one reason I want to ask them what happened. Does something about the way the gifts were used have them not pleased? Does the cooperation from the city have them upset? I'm not sure they would publicly say it, but "sources" could reveal the problem...if there is one.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/12/12 - 08:07 am
Shrimp

Seat Saved Shrimp. Hey, the "pew hoarding" is hilarious. There's going to be a brawl in that church one day over the seating.

But, thinking about it, some churches do designate pews for families. The families pay for the pews and their name is placed on them. I wonder if that could be the case in this church?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/12/12 - 08:16 am
RM

If we were ever to meet and have a "Reserve" together, I think I would be a very dull person because my knowledgeable conversation would be limited about the sorry happens in Richmond County.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/12/12 - 09:07 am
Cgee

You would be a highlight in anyones life.....never never dull....HE needs to meet YOU!

Shrimp.....seat next to RM heheh???

I swear if yall keep building his head up like this we won't be able to take him on here...good dang thing I'm here..lol

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/12/12 - 09:10 am
strange it is

Moving to N Augusta & the AC hasn't said a word....hmmmmmm....

runs articles on brothers fighting over dirty dishes BUT not that...hmmmmm

articles about a stupid survey on colors that no one trusts....hhmmmm

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/12/12 - 09:20 am
another gun went beserk

I see another gun lost control & shot up a shopping mall....also a knife stabbed a woman on Fenwick....when will we realize they have to be punished....knifes=guns-ropes-cars--motorbikes----we could save $$ by putting them all in the same prison.....
No I' not making light of what happened....I know some will blame the gun..

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/12/12 - 10:03 am
Hey Seenit

You can sit with River and me. Just don't bogard the sacraligious wine.
Save some for us! hehe

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/12/12 - 10:05 am
12-12-12

Do yall realize how special today is??...Very very special...once in a lifetime special....
Makes me wanta celebrate or something.....when I read the posts & articles on here I think...dang some things are Gone With The Wind....good common sense----a safe comfy feeling ---a name matters to folks----great caring nabors---GWTW

So I'm going to treat 12-12-12 special today.....it will be GWTW after today too...

cgee did you win that fantasy 5 in Appling.....someone did..:)

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/12/12 - 10:08 am
Wow it is 12/12/12

Only 9 days left until the end of the world.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/12/12 - 10:09 am
shrimp my man

I will sit next to you but NOT River,.......he is just 2 full of himself lately.....folks are bragging on him all the time .....might even get the puffy head award......:):)

Anyway....have things to do....places to go.....trouble to stir...so will seeya later..

BamaMan
BamaMan 12/12/12 - 10:15 am
12/21/12

I can pretty much guess that God will not end the world on 12/21/12, because He said NO ONE will know the hour. NO ONE. It'll be like a thief in the night.

american rose
american rose 12/12/12 - 10:22 am
Just wanted to say

I don't know when they came up with this new format, been away for a while, but I like it. No more jumping hoops to write a comment.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/12/12 - 10:24 am
BamaMan

The Mayan calendar ends on 12/21/12. But then again they were usually halucinating plus they couldn't predict their own demise so I don't put much credence in their predictions.
I just hope God doesn't end the world until the Falcons win the Super Bowl!

allhans
allhans 12/12/12 - 12:14 pm
Oh...those Falcons. OUR

Oh...those Falcons. OUR Falcons. Up and down...
Gonzales has to re-sign for another year...he is needed.

Jane18
Jane18 12/12/12 - 12:25 pm
Paying For A Church Pew?

Riverman, are you kidding? I have never heard of that, plus putting the family name on it. Surely this cannot be true! Is that kind of like trying to "buy oneself into Heaven"? Well, this has made 12-12-12 unforgettable to me............

Jane18
Jane18 12/12/12 - 12:44 pm
R & R #5

Nothing new about "the elected one", just another day to continue his madness! I have come to believe there is Not one man or woman in all of Washington,DC, with a backbone or an ounce of common sense! I told everyone I knew, plus on this venue four years ago, when you-know-who was elected, "if you think things are bad now, just wait, you ain't seen nuthin' yet"! I think maybe most of us Republicans have seen it, and slowly but surely a few democrats are waking up...at least I hope so. It isn't over yet, it is steadily going to get worse and worse, just what "the guy in The Oval Office wants.............

Clemson halts mandatory student sex survey

CLEMSON, S.C. - Clemson says it has suspended a mandatory survey of students the school says was part of a review to prevent sexual discrimination, harassment and assault.