Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

DOES TIM STRONG think his hands are too clean to pet those beloved pets on Channel 12?

ENOUGH ALREADY. The election is over. Why can’t we all just get along and work with the people who were elected?

JOHN F. KENNEDY SAID: “Ask not what your country can do for you; but what you can do for your country.” We now have taxpayers and tax-takers. Which are you?

GOD SENT US OBAMA. This country has become a cesspool. God is angry and disappointed and wants this country destroyed. And nobody can do that better than Obama.

WHY CAN’T WE STOP the race issue? Replace it with good and bad. Obama’s mother is white. His father is black. He won for the second time. Get over it. He is our president and America is our country. Good followers make good leaders. Get over the race issue.

IN POLITICS WHEN something goes wrong it can’t be blamed on just one person. Next year vote for anyone who is not an incumbent. That will clear up that gridlock they have up there.

HAS ANYBODY ELSE noticed that the people who have the ”In God We Trust” stickers on their license plates are the worst drivers on the road? Or is it just me?

RAVES TO MR. CHARLES of the United Methodist Church in Harlem. He is a very nice and kind man. I want to salute him and his wonderful family today.

THE TOP 2 PERCENT pay 30 percent of the federal income tax; the bottom 47 percent pay 0. How much more “progressive” do you want the tax to be?

I SEE 10 MEMBERS OF Congress signed onto a resolution to designate Jan. 8 as Elvis Presley Day. I wish that they spent their time more productively.

THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT abounds at Home Depot in Evans. A special rave and thank you to Bill. He told us that the employees are empowered to “Make a Sale”, and he worked with us to arrive at an agreeable price on an important item for us. Thank you again, Bill. And have a wonderful Christmas.

A HUGE RAVE FOR the Westobou Festival Holiday Art Show at the old Richmond Academy building. An extraordinary exhibit has been assembled in a treasured edifice.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 12/07/12 - 05:44 pm
"Obama’s mother is white."

Correction; from his own point of view, "a typical white person." What does that say about his racial views? The only ones harping on race are using that threadbare canard to (wildly unsuccessfully) silence opposition.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/09/12 - 07:16 am
@2

Now that is a stupid question....how can you work with the ones you elected if they refuse to work with YOU.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/09/12 - 07:18 am
@3

according to my last tax returns ,,,,,I think I'm a Tax Payer!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/09/12 - 07:20 am
@4

Been saying that since 30 days of his first resurrection.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/09/12 - 07:22 am
@5

Now, just who do you think has started all this race issues?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/09/12 - 07:23 am
@6

Are we still going to be able to vote next year?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/09/12 - 07:24 am
@7 & 8

Religious Rant & Rave.......no comment.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/09/12 - 07:27 am
@10

I wonder what day MEMBERS OF Congress are going designate as the "Falling Over The Cliff" day?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/09/12 - 07:29 am
@11

?

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/09/12 - 08:37 am
CGee popped up again..:)

Weeell..I see cgee popped up again.....where do you hide Mr G....we miss your grouchy self.....now if RA would pop up we could be complete here....hahahah
For SOME reason folks think I KNOW where you are all the time...lol

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/09/12 - 08:39 am
And the RM said this,,,...

The ladies and gentlemen of

The ladies and gentlemen of the South made a magnificient effort fighting the uncouth yankees and their foreign mercenaries. The South has produced great writers and artists. I've shot three people in duels defending the honor of the South.

We do so appreciate your love for our honor.....that is the reason we call you Rhett on here...ya here...(oh lordy lordy)

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/09/12 - 08:47 am
Elvis Presley Day

The best idea I've heard in a looong time....that man gave away 6 fortunes in his lifetime.....not to mention what Col Parker took from him....he was a kind hearted person with the usual weaknesses of the flesh.......he touched many people...especially the common man....his music was & will be everlasting...especially his gospel songs..I get shivers just listening to Amazing Grace....

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/09/12 - 08:51 am
CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/09/12 - 09:03 am
Would Like To Stick Around

but, today is dedicated to one of my son's cemetery home putting up 5 to 6 thousand lights like we have for the past 28 years.

y'all have a good Christmas season day.

soapy_725
soapy_725 12/09/12 - 10:44 am
It is called "point of service management".

Each employee is "empowered" to make decisions without a quorum. It is a great management tool if you have the right employees. And save money. The farm store has always had this business tool.

It impresses customers and instills corporate ownership in employees. Does not work in a union shop where everything is collective.

PUPPYMOMMA
PUPPYMOMMA 12/09/12 - 11:20 am
CG, PASSWORTH,right?

Did I remember the name correctly? He is not forgotten.

allhans
allhans 12/09/12 - 12:11 pm
My Elvis favorite "HOW GREAT

My Elvis favorite "HOW GREAT THOU ART". He sings it with real emotion, yes - even with tears in his eyes.

Sweet son
Sweet son 12/09/12 - 01:26 pm
Here is my favorite Elvis song!

This was "our song" for my first wife and me! Lost her to cancer in1999 but the message is still the same to her. My daughter had it sung at her wedding last year! We love you Mom!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 12/09/12 - 01:55 pm
Just Food for Thought

The Emperor says he is doing everything for the middle class working man, I am one. I happen to work for a family of millionaires. He wants to raise their taxes so that they pay their "fair share". Well what happens when he raises taxes on them. Less money to put back into the company which translates to no raise for me and keeping older equipment. Please Mr Emperor, stop helping me. I can't afford it any more.

dichotomy
dichotomy 12/09/12 - 05:34 pm
RK....."Please Mr Emperor,

RK....."Please Mr Emperor, stop helping me. I can't afford it any more."

Truer words were never spoken. Most voters don't have the IQ to follow that trail.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/09/12 - 06:12 pm
PUPPYMOMMA

Yes, and Thank You.

Vietnam veteran writes book on 319th Transportation Co.

"Vietnam Convoy Trucker" recounts the fear, boredom and humor faced while delivering supplies to American troops battling the North Vietnamese Army and Viet Cong.