Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

I WANT TO RAVE about the customer service at Pearl Vision. They were very friendly and understood exactly what I needed. I now have trifocals, which work better for me than bifocals. I give them all an A-plus.

RANT FOR DR. AZZIZ. I was appalled at his comment from his blog concerning the early retirees. Dr. Azziz, once again, funds were spent on a study before offering us the early retirement. Much to the surprise of MCG officials, more of us participated than anticipated. Believe me, we deserved the offer on early retirement, and are most thankful … and we are thankful that we did not have to work for you!

THIS IS A RAVE FOR Walker Paint and Body for finding my purse on the side of the road and calling us to return it. We do have some good and honest people in this world.

GO AHEAD AND TRY to tax the wealthy all you wish. They will simply send lobbyists to create more loopholes. If you do succeed with new taxes, the rich will just fly off in their private jets to go live where their money already is, overseas.

WE ARE DAMN SICK and tired of all the Republican lies, lies, lies, especially against our president. Our president does not cowboy into foreign countries to dump tens of thousands of soldiers to die without proper equipment and body armor. He gets other countries to join us in mutual efforts toward peace or the ending of violence. He’s improved efforts to help the VA. Thank goodness he’s in for the next four years!

I HAVE YET TO HEAR any reasonable setup to take care of all these unaborted kids that abortion foes had promised would be loved and cared for. Where are these foes when the kids are being mutilated and tortured even to the death?

THANK GOODNESS FOR new Democrats to replace the insane people who thought rape was approved by God. Or that kids need to be born of rape.

HOW MANY FREE advertisements are we going to permit on those poles or ground stakes near sidewalks? If you keep letting those ads build up, no one will buy ads in the daily paper anymore! So the AC should campaign to have them taken down.

HILLARY CLINTON IS already preparing herself for a presidential run in 2016 by distancing herself from the Benghazi debacle.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/06/12 - 05:26 pm
John McAfee

John McAfee looks like the devil. I'm serious. Look at the ears and face. To think I have his name on my desktop looking right at me.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/06/12 - 10:37 am
Be nice to all

They loan out the great workers to some offices....they rotate between an office at times....it is tough this time of year.

And Dichotomy...I hear you have a BIIIG package waiting for ya.....looks like a big pack of rocks....did ya order more......hahah
pls forgive me....I'm losing it....too much partying ....with myself..

dichotomy
dichotomy 12/06/12 - 10:39 am
First Time Unemployment was

First Time Unemployment was 370,000 this morning. Still higher than when they lied to us in the weeks just BEFORE the election......and still indicating a very weak economy that the last thing needed is tax increases on the people who own businesses and hire people....or used to hire people before the socialists took over.

dichotomy
dichotomy 12/06/12 - 10:44 am
seenit.......Good one :-)

seenit.......Good one :-) That's not rocks in that package. That's my South Richmond County tax bill. I was hoping for a culvert pipe.

oneofthesane
oneofthesane 12/06/12 - 11:05 am
SICK and tired of all the Republican lies, lies, lies,...

Dearest Democrat(s), instead of pointing and poking and spewing and spiting and making yucky faces at anybody who opposes the president (Obama isn't the first prez that is critizied for the choices he makes, so asking ppl to stop is just foolish) why dont you spend your time writing about all the wonderful things he does for this country and possibly for you personally. I am really interested to hear what good things you have to say. Thank you.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/06/12 - 11:12 am
ok B4 I go....

We just had a caller wanting to give a FREE cruise ...just wanted us to tell some friends....alas....GOB almost believed this......why why why do I have to be the meanie in this house....why can't we have a Mayberry world.....why can't we have Andy Griffith Sheriffs......why is it some are soo trusting & others are not.......

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/06/12 - 11:57 am
Pro choice?

So it is up to be to decide if a human being lives or dies, just because they currently reside in my body? Interesting if not selfish and morbid concept.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/06/12 - 11:59 am
I wonder why the ranter is

I wonder why the ranter is only sick of the Republican lies, but has no problem with the Democrat lies?

omnomnom
omnomnom 12/06/12 - 12:05 pm
i think my mother may have

i think my mother may have written in rant #2. if they look to cut benefits azziz can expect another costly lawsuit (in addition to the GRU)

regarding rant #8 since they aren't political signs, i believe anyone is at liberty to snatch them up. not sure about local ordinances prohibiting them.

rebellious
20916
rebellious 12/06/12 - 12:13 pm
Seenit

What is sad is I know this kid's (33 is still a kid to me) family and they are good, gentle folks.

Dog is on high alert. We also have some of those dogs that bark here and bite over there.

Keron Way is one of the worst areas out here, with Meth heads mixed in with families who can't afford to get out of there. It was on this road a certain clergy pulled out hardware on a lowlife. That miscreant escaped to Atlanta cause of the "heat" in the area. Thugs and bullies running roughshod over good people. White, Black and Hispanic all.

Makes me want to go vigilante up in there. But the law would favor the troublemakers.

Clowns to the left, Jokers to the right, Here I am stuckin the middle....

Maybe his history making, inaugurating, pontificating, fundraising eminence Roundtree has a solution. Inquiring minds want to know.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/06/12 - 12:21 pm
Every time I see the

Every time I see the rediculous rant that people who oppose killing unborn children should be required to take care of those children, I feel like my head is going to explode. Just how much responsibility do these people want to shirk?

oneofthesane
oneofthesane 12/06/12 - 01:07 pm
So it is up to be (me) to decide if a human being lives or dies.

Are some not capable of making their own choices if they choose to put themselves in a position to become impregnanted? Or do you prefer that it be up to government to tell ppl what to do with consequences of their choice. Perhaps dont procreate would be a suggestion for some. If you carry the breast cancer gene, would you like a government created law that says you must get your breasts removed and any female children you have and they have and so on must do the same? Point being where is the line drawn.

harley_52
harley_52 12/06/12 - 01:12 pm
oneofthesane
oneofthesane 12/06/12 - 01:30 pm
Murder. ??????

sooooo should we all turn into vegans? Or does your "murder." only stop at human beings?

Think of this the next time you are cooking with eggs, or eating an omlet or scrambling them up with some cheese, ham, onions and tomatoes....the way I like 'em.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/06/12 - 01:51 pm
Murder: Noun: The unlawful

Murder: Noun: The unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/06/12 - 01:53 pm
If "the consequences of their

If "the consequences of their choice" is a human being, neither the government, nor the mother, nor the father has the right to order that human being's excecution.

oneofthesane
oneofthesane 12/06/12 - 01:54 pm
Murder: Noun: The unlawful

Wonderful! So what is the word for killing of animals? Hog wash perhaps?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/06/12 - 01:57 pm
Hunting and harvesting.

Hunting and harvesting.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/06/12 - 01:59 pm
Humans, with very few

Humans, with very few exceptions, are not farm animals or wild animals.....but hogwash DOES sound catchy.

oneofthesane
oneofthesane 12/06/12 - 02:03 pm
Hunting and harvesting.

Picking and choosing too much. I guess I should have been more specific. Perhaps a person who isnt fond of dogs or cats and decides that their lives are not worth living. They have no plans of eating them, or using their fur to keep warm or create shelter of their bones and teeth as utensils or tools. Just plain ole end their life. What is the word for that?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/06/12 - 02:17 pm
Wasteful?

Wasteful?

allhans
allhans 12/06/12 - 02:46 pm
I hope those who are singing

I hope those who are singing the praises of Obama realizes that in four more years he will be out of there and that those who depend on "his" largess might start planning for a new way of life...perhaps even working (when able). Maybe stop surrendering the jobs to immigrants and grab one while they can.

Jane18
Jane18 12/06/12 - 03:55 pm
R & R #5

WELLLLLLLLLLL, WE ARE DARN SICK and tired of democrats going along with(falling for) all those lies, lies, lies, the president keeps telling!

Jane18
Jane18 12/06/12 - 04:27 pm
A Baby, We All Were One...Remember?

oneofthesame, stop it, you are out of control! I don't care(really I do)what another person does with their body, it's when there is another little body concerned, that I feel it is wrong to destroy it. An abortion is nothing but a convenience and a solution to an action someone should have been more careful about. In this day and time, there is no reason for pregnancy, if it is not wanted, and to become pregnant is just plain ole' ignorance or stupidity. I put the blame on both the man and woman, but in the end, it is plainly on the woman to protect herself. Not only to not get pregnant, but there are still so many diseases she can get, and one is still deadly! Oh, I almost forgot, anyone that just kills animals, as dogs and cats, that a low-down piece of whale-poop in the ocean(lowest thing in the world)! Evil, just evil!

dichotomy
dichotomy 12/06/12 - 05:29 pm
Oh good.

I see the Democrats have named Maxine Waters to be the ranking Democrat on the House Financial Services Committee.

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) named Waters to its list of corrupt members of Congress in its 2005, 2006, 2009 and 2011 reports. Waters is replacing Barney Frank who was also consistently on several organizations' Most Corrupt lists.No surprises here.

dichotomy
dichotomy 12/06/12 - 05:38 pm
Harry Reid is currently at

Harry Reid is currently at the podium in the Senate making a plea for a waiver to allow bottled water, unbuttered popcorn, and snacks in the Senate auditorium during a sceening of Lincoln.

The country is going to hell in a handbasket and Harry is more concerned with snacks and a movie. Can't pass a budget,can't pass a jobs bill, can't negotiate a tax deal, but he's got plenty of time for this. Does anyone else feel like driving to Washington and getting him by his scrawny neck and squeezing until his eyeballs bug out?

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/06/12 - 05:45 pm
You are baaaad dichotomy

saying this...hahah
getting him by his scrawny neck and squeezing until his eyeballs bug out?

I have felt like doing that B4....but won't say WHERE-WHEN-WHY...lol
hint--not in dc...:)

Jane18
Jane18 12/06/12 - 05:48 pm
Maxine Waters and Harry Reid

Unbelievable! Just unbelievable dichotomy! Just when you think a group of people cannot get any stupider, they go and prove us wrong. They can and they do! I have never approved of Harry "the rat", when I see him, I want to slap him soooooooo hard, until "his eyeballs bug out"!

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/06/12 - 05:48 pm
18 wheeler

Also wanted to drive an 18 wheeler over him & not look back ...lol

Told him so too.....

oneofthesane
oneofthesane 12/06/12 - 06:23 pm
I dont think people realize

I dont think people realize that which each post/answer to one of mine that you prove my point more. You strongly voice your OPINION on ANOTHER persons way of life. So if the majority thought that we should all be blonde and blue-eyed should the rest of us be killed?? Oh wait.......

SRS shipments halted until 2016

Savannah River Site can't resume shipments of Cold War nuclear waste materials to an underground repository in New Mexico until at least 2016 when the federal government reopens the facility to ...