Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

I WANT TO RAVE about the customer service at Pearl Vision. They were very friendly and understood exactly what I needed. I now have trifocals, which work better for me than bifocals. I give them all an A-plus.

RANT FOR DR. AZZIZ. I was appalled at his comment from his blog concerning the early retirees. Dr. Azziz, once again, funds were spent on a study before offering us the early retirement. Much to the surprise of MCG officials, more of us participated than anticipated. Believe me, we deserved the offer on early retirement, and are most thankful … and we are thankful that we did not have to work for you!

THIS IS A RAVE FOR Walker Paint and Body for finding my purse on the side of the road and calling us to return it. We do have some good and honest people in this world.

GO AHEAD AND TRY to tax the wealthy all you wish. They will simply send lobbyists to create more loopholes. If you do succeed with new taxes, the rich will just fly off in their private jets to go live where their money already is, overseas.

WE ARE DAMN SICK and tired of all the Republican lies, lies, lies, especially against our president. Our president does not cowboy into foreign countries to dump tens of thousands of soldiers to die without proper equipment and body armor. He gets other countries to join us in mutual efforts toward peace or the ending of violence. He’s improved efforts to help the VA. Thank goodness he’s in for the next four years!

I HAVE YET TO HEAR any reasonable setup to take care of all these unaborted kids that abortion foes had promised would be loved and cared for. Where are these foes when the kids are being mutilated and tortured even to the death?

THANK GOODNESS FOR new Democrats to replace the insane people who thought rape was approved by God. Or that kids need to be born of rape.

HOW MANY FREE advertisements are we going to permit on those poles or ground stakes near sidewalks? If you keep letting those ads build up, no one will buy ads in the daily paper anymore! So the AC should campaign to have them taken down.

HILLARY CLINTON IS already preparing herself for a presidential run in 2016 by distancing herself from the Benghazi debacle.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/06/12 - 11:12 am
ok B4 I go....

We just had a caller wanting to give a FREE cruise ...just wanted us to tell some friends....alas....GOB almost believed this......why why why do I have to be the meanie in this house....why can't we have a Mayberry world.....why can't we have Andy Griffith Sheriffs......why is it some are soo trusting & others are not.......

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/06/12 - 11:57 am
Pro choice?

So it is up to be to decide if a human being lives or dies, just because they currently reside in my body? Interesting if not selfish and morbid concept.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/06/12 - 11:59 am
I wonder why the ranter is

I wonder why the ranter is only sick of the Republican lies, but has no problem with the Democrat lies?

omnomnom
omnomnom 12/06/12 - 12:05 pm
i think my mother may have

i think my mother may have written in rant #2. if they look to cut benefits azziz can expect another costly lawsuit (in addition to the GRU)

regarding rant #8 since they aren't political signs, i believe anyone is at liberty to snatch them up. not sure about local ordinances prohibiting them.

rebellious
rebellious 12/06/12 - 12:13 pm
Seenit

What is sad is I know this kid's (33 is still a kid to me) family and they are good, gentle folks.

Dog is on high alert. We also have some of those dogs that bark here and bite over there.

Keron Way is one of the worst areas out here, with Meth heads mixed in with families who can't afford to get out of there. It was on this road a certain clergy pulled out hardware on a lowlife. That miscreant escaped to Atlanta cause of the "heat" in the area. Thugs and bullies running roughshod over good people. White, Black and Hispanic all.

Makes me want to go vigilante up in there. But the law would favor the troublemakers.

Clowns to the left, Jokers to the right, Here I am stuckin the middle....

Maybe his history making, inaugurating, pontificating, fundraising eminence Roundtree has a solution. Inquiring minds want to know.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/06/12 - 12:21 pm
Every time I see the

Every time I see the rediculous rant that people who oppose killing unborn children should be required to take care of those children, I feel like my head is going to explode. Just how much responsibility do these people want to shirk?

oneofthesane
oneofthesane 12/06/12 - 01:07 pm
So it is up to be (me) to decide if a human being lives or dies.

Are some not capable of making their own choices if they choose to put themselves in a position to become impregnanted? Or do you prefer that it be up to government to tell ppl what to do with consequences of their choice. Perhaps dont procreate would be a suggestion for some. If you carry the breast cancer gene, would you like a government created law that says you must get your breasts removed and any female children you have and they have and so on must do the same? Point being where is the line drawn.

harley_52
harley_52 12/06/12 - 01:12 pm
oneofthesane
oneofthesane 12/06/12 - 01:30 pm
Murder. ??????

sooooo should we all turn into vegans? Or does your "murder." only stop at human beings?

Think of this the next time you are cooking with eggs, or eating an omlet or scrambling them up with some cheese, ham, onions and tomatoes....the way I like 'em.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/06/12 - 01:51 pm
Murder: Noun: The unlawful

Murder: Noun: The unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/06/12 - 01:53 pm
If "the consequences of their

If "the consequences of their choice" is a human being, neither the government, nor the mother, nor the father has the right to order that human being's excecution.

oneofthesane
oneofthesane 12/06/12 - 01:54 pm
Murder: Noun: The unlawful

Wonderful! So what is the word for killing of animals? Hog wash perhaps?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/06/12 - 01:57 pm
Hunting and harvesting.

Hunting and harvesting.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/06/12 - 01:59 pm
Humans, with very few

Humans, with very few exceptions, are not farm animals or wild animals.....but hogwash DOES sound catchy.

oneofthesane
oneofthesane 12/06/12 - 02:03 pm
Hunting and harvesting.

Picking and choosing too much. I guess I should have been more specific. Perhaps a person who isnt fond of dogs or cats and decides that their lives are not worth living. They have no plans of eating them, or using their fur to keep warm or create shelter of their bones and teeth as utensils or tools. Just plain ole end their life. What is the word for that?

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/06/12 - 02:17 pm
Wasteful?

Wasteful?

allhans
allhans 12/06/12 - 02:46 pm
I hope those who are singing

I hope those who are singing the praises of Obama realizes that in four more years he will be out of there and that those who depend on "his" largess might start planning for a new way of life...perhaps even working (when able). Maybe stop surrendering the jobs to immigrants and grab one while they can.

Jane18
Jane18 12/06/12 - 03:55 pm
R & R #5

WELLLLLLLLLLL, WE ARE DARN SICK and tired of democrats going along with(falling for) all those lies, lies, lies, the president keeps telling!

Jane18
Jane18 12/06/12 - 04:27 pm
A Baby, We All Were One...Remember?

oneofthesame, stop it, you are out of control! I don't care(really I do)what another person does with their body, it's when there is another little body concerned, that I feel it is wrong to destroy it. An abortion is nothing but a convenience and a solution to an action someone should have been more careful about. In this day and time, there is no reason for pregnancy, if it is not wanted, and to become pregnant is just plain ole' ignorance or stupidity. I put the blame on both the man and woman, but in the end, it is plainly on the woman to protect herself. Not only to not get pregnant, but there are still so many diseases she can get, and one is still deadly! Oh, I almost forgot, anyone that just kills animals, as dogs and cats, that a low-down piece of whale-poop in the ocean(lowest thing in the world)! Evil, just evil!

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/06/12 - 05:45 pm
You are baaaad dichotomy

saying this...hahah
getting him by his scrawny neck and squeezing until his eyeballs bug out?

I have felt like doing that B4....but won't say WHERE-WHEN-WHY...lol
hint--not in dc...:)

Jane18
Jane18 12/06/12 - 05:48 pm
Maxine Waters and Harry Reid

Unbelievable! Just unbelievable dichotomy! Just when you think a group of people cannot get any stupider, they go and prove us wrong. They can and they do! I have never approved of Harry "the rat", when I see him, I want to slap him soooooooo hard, until "his eyeballs bug out"!

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/06/12 - 05:48 pm
18 wheeler

Also wanted to drive an 18 wheeler over him & not look back ...lol

Told him so too.....

oneofthesane
oneofthesane 12/06/12 - 06:23 pm
I dont think people realize

I dont think people realize that which each post/answer to one of mine that you prove my point more. You strongly voice your OPINION on ANOTHER persons way of life. So if the majority thought that we should all be blonde and blue-eyed should the rest of us be killed?? Oh wait.......

dstewartsr
20394
dstewartsr 12/06/12 - 06:33 pm
ROFLMAO

I just was forwarded a video of a burglar being held by the homeowner and his son. The BURGLAR is calling 911 in very convincing terror that something untoward might happen to him. The homeowner can be heard telling his son to not kill the burglar, but to shoot him in the legs, so perhaps some level of concern is legitimate.

By the way, this is a ten-minute call before the police arrive. Hmmm.

Masters air traffic hit record
The annual Masters Week surge in Augusta air traffic hit record levels this year with an overall 9 percent increase at area airports to 5,766 flights.