Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

I WANT TO RAVE about the customer service at Pearl Vision. They were very friendly and understood exactly what I needed. I now have trifocals, which work better for me than bifocals. I give them all an A-plus.

RANT FOR DR. AZZIZ. I was appalled at his comment from his blog concerning the early retirees. Dr. Azziz, once again, funds were spent on a study before offering us the early retirement. Much to the surprise of MCG officials, more of us participated than anticipated. Believe me, we deserved the offer on early retirement, and are most thankful … and we are thankful that we did not have to work for you!

THIS IS A RAVE FOR Walker Paint and Body for finding my purse on the side of the road and calling us to return it. We do have some good and honest people in this world.

GO AHEAD AND TRY to tax the wealthy all you wish. They will simply send lobbyists to create more loopholes. If you do succeed with new taxes, the rich will just fly off in their private jets to go live where their money already is, overseas.

WE ARE DAMN SICK and tired of all the Republican lies, lies, lies, especially against our president. Our president does not cowboy into foreign countries to dump tens of thousands of soldiers to die without proper equipment and body armor. He gets other countries to join us in mutual efforts toward peace or the ending of violence. He’s improved efforts to help the VA. Thank goodness he’s in for the next four years!

I HAVE YET TO HEAR any reasonable setup to take care of all these unaborted kids that abortion foes had promised would be loved and cared for. Where are these foes when the kids are being mutilated and tortured even to the death?

THANK GOODNESS FOR new Democrats to replace the insane people who thought rape was approved by God. Or that kids need to be born of rape.

HOW MANY FREE advertisements are we going to permit on those poles or ground stakes near sidewalks? If you keep letting those ads build up, no one will buy ads in the daily paper anymore! So the AC should campaign to have them taken down.

Comments (45)

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/05/12 - 09:33 pm

Cowboy

Too bad somebody didn't "cowboy" into Benghazi instead of leaving Americans fighting for their lives alone for hours before finally being killed.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/05/12 - 09:48 pm

Hillary

Hillary took off like a Walmart shoplifter with melting ice cream in her pants after Benghazi for Australia. Then she came back and told the father of one of the dead Americans, "We’ll make sure that the person who made that film is arrested and prosecuted." She knew better.

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 12/05/12 - 10:30 pm

"...the person who made that film is arrested

and prosecuted. She knew better."

Actually, she was right and I'm willing to bet he'll be the only one prosecuted. The charge was parole violation (making that film) while murderers are set free after an overnight stay in jail. Gotta kowtow to the islamists; sacrifice an American and it'll be o-kay.

(Quit bringing up that outdated First Amendment, Christian dog!)

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 12/06/12 - 12:31 am

Love . . .

. . . the metaphor, RM.

rebellious
rebellious 12/06/12 - 01:00 am

Good Point Ranter

Your point makes sense. Rather than deal with the problem unwanted babies might create, just murder them in the womb. Much more convenient, wouldn't you say. No time to be responsible for what our reckless actions have created, you know that whole consequences thing is so "yesterday"!

rebellious
rebellious 12/06/12 - 01:05 am

Rant #1

This is so sweet, and yet sad. When we encounter people in business who actually treat us like thier customer, know what they are doing and render the services we pay for, we think it is abnormal. Not trying to be cynical here, but dang it, there was a time in America when good service and professionalism was the norm. Anything less would have driven a business out of business.

rebellious
rebellious 12/06/12 - 01:12 am

Rant #5

Hail to the Chief cause he's the chief and he needs hailing! (sung to the tune Hail to the chief and stolen from the movie "My Fellow Americans"

Fundamental_Arminian
Fundamental_Arminian 12/06/12 - 04:17 am

Abortion isn't the answer

Does anyone realize that for our Social Security System to survive, we must have more children and raise them to be good parents and dependable employees? Without enough new workers paying into the system, our nation is just one generation away from financial ruin. We can't survive by aborting our children or abandoning them to be raised in single-parent homes while deadbeat dads gad about.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/06/12 - 07:47 am

False Newsweek Story

Remember the false Newsweek story about American soldiers flushing the Koran down the toilet that caused riots and deaths? That was real in the sense that the made-up story did cause riots, yet no one in government called for punishment of Newsweek. With Benghazi we have a made up story about a video critical of Islam causing the attack and the government throws the guy who made the video in jail after Hillary said we would get him.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/06/12 - 08:55 am

Mayor of NYC

Is it true.....I heard Hillary wants to be Mayor....interesting...

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/06/12 - 08:58 am

A cowboy you say...

If they ever start dropping chemical weapons on US...you will wish we had a cowboy ......A REAL COWBOY WITH GUTS.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/06/12 - 09:01 am

Oldest woman in the world lived 40 miles from here...

116 years old....she just died in Monroe Ga....I wonder if it is in the water---air---veggies.....or just living right...

dichotomy
dichotomy 12/06/12 - 09:01 am

"HILLARY CLINTON IS already

"HILLARY CLINTON IS already preparing herself for a presidential run in 2016 by distancing herself from the Benghazi debacle."

Benghazi has already proven Hillary incapable of responding when the phone rings in the middle of the night. Her judgement was defective about security prior to the attack and her response was totally absent during the attack. Everytime you see Hillary in the future you should be asking yourself "would she pull the trigger when needed or would she go back to bed and hope it was just a bad dream."

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/06/12 - 09:05 am

New job for Rebellious

I see they picked up some baddies in your neck of the woods.....if they did what the news is saying.....weeel you might wanta check your dog---make sure he is ready for danger & maybe get a few more....sad world..

oneofthesane
oneofthesane 12/06/12 - 09:38 am

I am PRO CHOICE. It should

I am PRO CHOICE. It should not be up to us, human beings, to decide what oanother person does with her body. This will never make sense to me. For all our individual mistakes, we will have to answer for individually. We should not be forcing our ideas about someone elses body into law. Where is the line drawn?

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/06/12 - 09:42 am

Mayor of Ludowici maybe.

Mayor of Ludowici maybe.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 12/06/12 - 09:43 am

?

President's family costs US 20 times what royal family costs UK

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 12/06/12 - 09:44 am

RM

Just curious - what's up w/you and Ludowici? :)

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/06/12 - 09:50 am

Lily

In RMs dreams he thinks he is Police Chief of Ludowici......we just don't tell him that he isn't....evryone has to have a dream....:)

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 12/06/12 - 09:51 am

Little old lady

Two old women were sitting side-by-side in their rocking chairs when one said to the other, "I'm getting so old all my friends in Heaven are going to think I didn't make it."

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/06/12 - 09:55 am

Dog driving a golf cart

Yes....I did see that....he could drive the dang thing...if I find the video I will put it on here.....
Reb needs a dog like that...he can cover more area & ride up & down the driveway......

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/06/12 - 10:03 am

Lily, ha....Ludowici equals

Lily, ha....Ludowici equals Rush Limbaugh's Loma Linda. But when I was in the Army stationed at Ft. Stewart, 18 miles aways from Ludowici, I knew a sergeant who told me he drank a case of beer every night. I asked him how in the world he could do that and he explained it this way: a sixpack on the way home to Ludowici and then one every now and then until he went to bed. I figured maybe Ludowici had something to do with it all.

oneofthesane
oneofthesane 12/06/12 - 10:24 am

SICK and tired of all the Republican lies, lies, lies,...

I guess we were/are just lying about the deficit and the current amount of jobless and the climbing numbers and the wars and the policy's that are being created to cripple America....When will you realize that the President doesnt stand for you either?

......

The money he is wanting from the "rich" is not to give to the "poor" FYI, It is to pay for his spendings. Life is pretty scary when your eyes are open. For some I guess it is best to keep them shut. But if your eyes are shut, please dont vote. Thanks.

dichotomy
dichotomy 12/06/12 - 10:23 am

Ranter #5....."WE ARE DAMN

Ranter #5....."WE ARE DAMN SICK and tired of all the Republican lies, lies, lies, especially against our president."

We don't have to lie about YOUR president. All we have to do is remind folks of what he said.

Obama 2008 - "I will cut the deficit in half in my first term."

Obama 2008 - "There will be no lobbyists in my administration."

Obama 2006 - "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure."

Obama 2012 - "I want the authority to raise the debt limit without Congressional approval."

Obama 2009 - "Raising taxes during a weak economy is a bad idea."

Obama 2012 - "There’s no video that justifies an attack on an embassy."

Obama November 2012 - "we need a balanced approach with increased taxes and spending cuts."

Obama December 2012 - "I want double the tax increases, another $50 billion stimulus, increased spending, NO spending cuts."

Obama February 1996 - “I favor legalizing same-sex marriages"

Obama October 2004 - “What I believe is that marriage is between a man and a woman"

Obama May 2012 - “I think same-sex couples should be able to get married”

Obama December 2009 - "Families will save on their health insurance premiums"

Obama August 2009 - "If you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan."

So who is telling the lies, lies, lies Ranter #5? Obama ain't told the truth since he lied about being a foreigner on his college application in order to steal foreign student aid money......or was that the truth?

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/06/12 - 10:22 am

My public service Announcement

The folks at the Post office are working VERY hard..(esp Evans btw)
Please do NOT hollar--spit or ridicule them in any way.....do not push-shove-or bite others in line......try to be pleasant when you get your turn at the desk.......turn OFF your cell phones & give them your attention.....do NOT try to come over the desk either......thank you...

Now I have to do get busy ......messes just won't clean themselves...☺

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 12/06/12 - 10:24 am

This happened to us many times in Ludowici

Daddy always took extra cash so he could pay right then.
The local police force still practices an age old method of collecting payment for moving violations. Should one receive a traffic ticket in Ludowici plan on taking some extra time on your journey. The local police will allegedly escort you to the police station where you will be asked to pay for your fine on the spot. If you are unable to pay, you should plan an extended stay on the good graces of the Police Department.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/06/12 - 10:26 am

River

Please leave your clown suit at home...the Post offc workers know it is you.....thanks..:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/06/12 - 10:27 am

Lilly, later you check your

Lilly, later you check your driving record and it's clean. Heh, heh.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/06/12 - 10:28 am

SeenIt, I was thinking about

SeenIt, I was thinking about your daughter working there. I've been in the Evans Post Office more than Harvard's Liquor Store...or whatever they call it.

dichotomy
dichotomy 12/06/12 - 10:28 am

Congratulations

Congratulations taxpayers......you just became $120 million dollar investors in a battery research center this morning. Your stock broker, Barack Obama, recommended that investment and since you signed that "managed account" agreement with him he didn't even have to ask you.

Judge denies request to delay sales tax vote

A superior court judge denied a request Wednesday from a Richmond County citizen seeking a court order to postpone the May 20 special purpose local option sales tax referendum.