Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

ALL THE COVERAGE FOR the people being in line for Black Friday and then I find out they are selling their services to make purchases for others. Just check Craigslist for their posts.

It is all about making money.

I AM A GRADUATE of Augusta State University. We still need a better name than Georgia Regents University. Even when Augusta is tacked on at the end, the name makes the school sound second-rate or like an online college. It’s a good school and deserves a better name.

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK the staff at Morningside Assisted Living for being such caring people. The activities director, Kelley, recently arranged for an Elvis impersonator to entertain the residents. It was so heartwarming to see our seniors having such a good time and many of them singing along.

THANKS TO University Hospital for putting on the Diabetes Expo at Warren Baptist Church. We were able to gain the latest info related to diabetes from the many excellent classes that were offered.

HOORAY! SOMETHING good is happening in Augusta, which is going to benefit all of us. The additional adaptive traffic lights which are planned that adjust their timing based on traffic flow will result in less frustration and over time will result in less gas consumption. Kudos to those who are pushing to make this happen.

HOW SAD THAT the Letter to the Editor condones guest columnist Edward Maner’s position that criticism of the president is racially motivated. I, and many others criticize Obama on many things because he deserves it – not because he is black. It’s time to stop spreading the disease of racism.

RAVES FOR THE honest person who turned in my MasterCard to the Evans Kroger’s gas attendant. Honesty is its own reward, but I thank you for exercising good character. Happy Thanksgiving.

THE LETTER TO THE
editor on Nov. 20 was absolutely correct.
The criticism of President Obama is racially motivated. All of the claims against the Obamas are not true. We should show more respect for our president than this.

LOOKS LIKE BILL KIRBY is going to give all the bad people in Augusta a new idea with his joke for the day.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/05/12 - 07:36 am
The beautiful blonde at Harvards

Years back...well not too many....my 3rd daughter worked for Harvards....blonde & intelligent......worked late usually......she could out sell anybody....haha.....also has a great sense of humor.......just thought ya might remember her..

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/05/12 - 07:43 am
How many years ago? It's

How many years ago? It's possible, I've been going in there for a long time. But I doubt I would remember her. I don't go in there THAT much...ha.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/05/12 - 07:49 am
About 6 or so...

First name started with a R......you would remember her I'm sure.....

now I have to check other places of interest....I see the AC has put 2 letters about prayers on here today...I guess when you pick a winner ya just keep playing it....lol

appts appts all day....some fun--some med---some business.......soo I won't be stirring up stuff.....others will have to...LOL

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/05/12 - 07:52 am
Just thinking River

If AC ever lets us pick the articles & headlines ..hahah....we could have the points JUMPING off the page...if they would only trust us....:)

agrit
agrit 12/05/12 - 09:00 am
What a pair!

Seenit and RM .. what a pair!! Seenit, you might very well be on to something. :-)

RM .. need to catch up!

dichotomy
dichotomy 12/05/12 - 10:05 am
GGAP....."If it walks like a

GGAP....."If it walks like a duck it is more than likely that it is a duck...."

Yep, if it walks like a socialist it is more than likely a socialist. If it seizes private assets to redistribute to the masses it is more than likely a socialist. If it keeps doing the same things that have brought Europe to it's knees it is more than likely a socialist ideologue. If it campaigns on $800 billion in tax increases and the day after the election wants $1.6 trillion in tax increases it is more than likely a liar. If it says the rich aren't paying their fair share while 47% of the people are paying nothing it is more than likely a communist.

Yeh GGAP, I'm a racist. So sue me. As the bro's in 'Nam used to say, "it don't mean nothing". Obama's presidency has completely wiped out the significance of the word racist. The Democrats have made it an overused cliche with no meaning.

oneofthesane
oneofthesane 12/05/12 - 10:11 am
The wise know that the race

The wise know that the race card is only played out of desperation. It is used as a side tracking device. Dont play into it. Those who oppose the president do so surely because of how he has been handling his presidency. Racism is no worse or better than hate. The amount of hate you spew when accusing people of being racist is no better than the racist being racist. Thankfully there is no "freedom to ones own thought" on the constitution, or I would be worried that it could possibly be taken away from us.

Dudeness
Dudeness 12/05/12 - 10:41 am
Using the logic that

Using the logic that criticism of the President is racial/racist, then we have the most racist President ever. Obama really should do a better job of hiding his racism towards Bush. It is not very presidential.

dichotomy
dichotomy 12/05/12 - 10:57 am
I see Citigroup just

I see Citigroup just announced it is laying off 11,000 people....4% of it's workforce. The good news just keeps on coming don't it.

scgator
scgator 12/05/12 - 11:49 am
OBAMACARE.......the gift that

OBAMACARE.......the gift that just keeps on giving !!! In 2012, my daughter's employee health insurance contained a $2500 "family" deductible clause............now, fast forward to January 1, 2013.....her insurance "family" deductible is now $2500 per family member; and with five kids (three of whom they rescued from the foster care system), their new total "family" deductible is $17,500 per year !!!! thanks democrats, you have lowered that standard of living in our country yet again...................

when I mentioned this to a democrat friend of mine, I was told, well they can't do that !!! Obama will not let it happen...........yeh, right !!!

I also showed him a copy of the OBAMACARE bill and pages 1131-1133, where OBAMA is giving billions away to illegals outside of our country (Puerto Rico is getting $7B by itself)..........my friend told me that "it doesn't really mean that we are giving them this money"

And I also pointed out in the bill where Social Security and Homeland Security ADMITTED that they knew that the system would be flooded with those who are not legally entitled to services; but in the very next sub section, the bill makes it illegal to create a database and track or identify the abusers............his comment, "well, everybody needs healthcare"............

oneofthesane
oneofthesane 12/05/12 - 12:17 pm
craigslist/black friday

If the people wanted to spend 5 days of their life in a tent outside of the store and then sell spots or tvs or whatever to someone who would rather be home or at work or elsewhere, then what is the issue? If you are implying that the people in tents were wrong, then the people who purchased from them weather it be the spot or the product are just as wrong. If there is not a need/want for a service, there will be no service. The client of a prostitiute is just as guilty. Just sayin'

Jane18
Jane18 12/05/12 - 12:57 pm
oneofthesane's 2 Comments

Very good reasonings. I'd say, just from people I know and commenters to the AC, racial abuse of the word and the action of, is 95% Democrat and 5%Republican(I really think it is more Dem and less Rep, but ...........................). Personally, it doesn't matter the race, color, or creed of anyone, if this country, its citizens and the Constitution are number one in any and all matters!

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/05/12 - 03:07 pm
Bob Costas

I am listening to TV debates about gun control after the remarks of Bob Costas. A nice young woman who says she grew up in Alaska says we don’t need automatic weapons to protect ourselves. Her belief may be true, but it misses the whole point. The Constitution says we can have weapons to protect ourselves from tyrannical government among other things. Do you think that means to fire one round and wait while the tyrannical government agents fire back at you with fully automatic weapons?

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/05/12 - 03:11 pm
Bob Costas should be banned

Bob Costas should be banned from broadcasting games in states that uphold the U.S. Constitution and the Second Amendment. Pro athletes should refuse to play in games he broadcasts since most are in favor of gun owner rights. It is THE CONSTITUTION for goodness sakes.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/05/12 - 03:25 pm
Why is it so hard for some to

Why is it so hard for some to understand that the Founders had JUST finished overthrowing a tyrant and wrote the Constitution to ensure that it could be done again if so necessary?

dichotomy
dichotomy 12/05/12 - 04:09 pm
scgator...." Obama will not

scgator...." Obama will not let it happen...........yeh, right !!!"

Don't worry. The few working Democrats and the left leaning working Independents will all be getting a kick in the groin 01/01/13 and 01/01/14.

And for you working folks who may own some dividend paying stocks or mutual funds.....the Democrats will return taxes on dividends to the ordinary income rate, which can be over 39.6% PLUS Obamacare contains and ADDITIONAL flat 3.8% tax on dividends. So be looking for your retirement after tax income to be going WAY down.

And I understand that a LOT of employers that offer a 401K plans have decided to stop any matching funds because of higher business taxes and the cost of Obamacare. We told YOU that YOU will be the ones paying for all of this. The rich ain't going to pay another dime. Only the middle class working stiffs will be paying the Obamacare taxes and for all of Obama's new spending. Your payroll taxes are going up and you will be getting less money put into your 401K. And that is IF you don't laid off between now and 2014. Hey, but you got to cast that "revenge" vote so no worries mate. Revenge is sweet isn't it. I know I'm gonna enjoy me some while watching this unfold for the next year or two.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 12/05/12 - 05:05 pm
Dollar bills

... will not be eliminated; the one constituency to whom our congressmen actually pay attention- strippers, will not allow it. Ever try to tuck a silver dollar in a g-string?

KSL
KSL 12/05/12 - 08:29 pm
Interesting question, d

I am assuming you have not. Thanks for the laugh.