Rants & Raves

HUGE RAVES TO to Good­will Industries! When my family was going through a terrible time, beyond my worst nightmare, they reached out to us, offering their assistance. I urge everyone to support this very caring, giving organization. You never know when you may need their help.

THIS IS A HUGE RAVE for the Serenity Mental Health Center in Au­gus­ta. I was a patient there on Nov. 8 and 9. Unfortunately, there is a very large amount of negativity toward the mentally troubled. I, having been mentally troubled for 40 years, understand the hopelessness mental illnesses cause. Therefore, I want to shout out a big rave to the staff and patients at Serenity. I want to say that I met some of the finest people “this side of heaven” at Serenity! Mental illness is as real and disabling as any physical illness! Thank-you to all of the people at Serenity for their help and their fellowship.

THE TEACHER UNIONS are what have caused the downfall of all social education. Jimmy Carter is to blame for the Department of Education in D.C. They all need to be run off, and we need to go back to the old ways.

EVIL UNIONS STRIKE AGAIN. Hostess closing bakeries, thousands losing jobs because the union chose to strike. Now whatcha gonna do? You got no jobs because you joined a union and listened to them while they lined their pockets with your money. When you are homeless, the union will have moved on.

WHAT A COINCIDENCE! President now sends Hillary on urgent mission to attempt to pacify both the Palestinians and the Israelis. Mean­while, he has been out of the country, visiting Thai­land, Burma and Cam­bo­dia. I’m sure these out-of-the-country trips have nothing to do with the current “White­water” Benghazi attack cover-up that is currently being investigated by Con­g­ress. Key figures who should be compelled to answer questions over the debacle are “unavailable”? Give me a break!

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/04/12 - 02:59 am
Goodwill Morning

Goodwill and The Salvation Army do an incredible amount to help out people in their time of need. I was fortunate enough to volunteer with the SA back in 2006 for a short while. I saw just how dedicated these great organizations are. I was amazed. They also have some fantastic thrift stores where you can get great deals on many things. I used to get hardback books in perfect condition for a buck or two. I'd read them and then donate them back. I can't say enough good things about them.
By the way I'm first so I win this morning!

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 12/04/12 - 08:49 am
My Goodnesswill.

Where is everyone this morning?
Good morning anyway. It's 7:50AM. Time to get up people and start posting.
Where's the flock?

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/04/12 - 08:57 am
Shrimp, Charleston will

Shrimp, Charleston will corner the comments' market today with you and me it looks like.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/04/12 - 09:05 am
Captured Drone

We should do a Trojan Horse drone and let the Iranians capture it. Have a hidden bomb onboard and set it off about the time they are gathered around showing it on TV.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 12/04/12 - 09:14 am
Morning Guys

I have a friend that plays the harp in the symphony in Charleston - does that count?

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/04/12 - 09:26 am
Only if he can play country

Only if he can play country music on that harp. I could be onto something here. Imagine how that would sound.

rebellious
20621
rebellious 12/04/12 - 09:41 am
Shrimp Cheated

Based on his comments timestamps, Shrimp stayed up all night long, not that their is anything wrong with it.

Goodwill sure has gone up on their prices and down on quality. As the economy got worse, people became less "donation" minded and started realizing this CIC was not leading us away from the abyss but towards it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/04/12 - 09:43 am
The reason I'm late

We used a stinking carpet cleaning solution yesterday on our carpets....now the house smells like crap......couldn't sleep much last night & now will have to redo the carpets with a mild clear solution ....do it ourselves kind of cleaning...shoulda used the pet solution but NOOOO he bought the cheaper kind...
good am guys...gals & others :)

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/04/12 - 09:45 am
LLamb & RM mixed up...hahah

I see that LLamb thinks a reader has him confused with riverman....lordy lordy.....I hope they don't get me confused with him too!!!lol lol

(cause he gets in too much trouble) :)

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/04/12 - 09:53 am
Yes I did get riled up..

well yesterday I did get my buttons pushed but it won't happen today.....I will remain calm & contented ...don't care what yall say...ya hear me...
I can not protect the whole world from foolish decisions.......now can I...hahahah....I will say the serenity prayer over & over...

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/04/12 - 09:59 am
Does shrimp cheat...

Yes....I have seen him stay up to the wee hours just to be 1st on here....he wants to lead this flock...haha....what a job shrimp & good luck....this flock reminds me of birds with their feathers plucked....running like bats outta hell....in all directions sometimes....can we all ever have the SAME thoight on here....naaah

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/04/12 - 10:04 am
Coffee

Coffee with Baileys ain't bad....:)

justthefacts
justthefacts 12/04/12 - 10:06 am
Pushing buttons

That was a strange thread yesterday, no one was disagreeing with you Seenit, but it still felt like an argument.

Riverman1
Riverman1 12/04/12 - 10:18 am
JTF, you better reread my

JTF, you better reread my post about the Big Ten, etc. You read the wrong conference...ha.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/04/12 - 10:19 am
No way hosea

MEEE...argue with my sweet guys on here....never JTF....I luvs all of yall.....respect all opinions ....we need different opinions...just like I have said B4....this would be a dull place without the soap boxers on here...HEH...:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/04/12 - 10:24 am
Also

I really like to get folks stirred up...I do have that in common with RM & Rebel....who cares if all don't always agree.....The best thing a ceo can do for his company is put ALL thoughts on the table...even the ones who disagree with him or especially the ones who disagee.

justthefacts
justthefacts 12/04/12 - 10:26 am
Yeah

But again, no one disagreed with you. Women!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/04/12 - 10:31 am

You didn't....but believe me ...some females on here do every day...just take my word for that!

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/04/12 - 10:39 am
You are wrong, seenit...I

You are wrong, seenit...I never disagree with you. (end sarcasm font)

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/04/12 - 10:56 am
hahah jtf

I rest my case...lol

There are some on here I WANT TO DISAGREE WITH ME...

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/04/12 - 11:16 am
No there isn't. No one wants

No there isn't. No one you want to disagree with you!!

Ok...enough sarcasm for a while.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/04/12 - 11:21 am
Funny

Someone I NEVER post with & NEVER say anything about finds so much to post with me right now.....strange ......but it is making more sense day after day...
Just remember what countyman said....contribute with original thoughts...
BYE bye & have a great day....

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/04/12 - 11:24 am
Apparently my sarcasm is lost

Apparently my sarcasm is lost on some. Sorry for trying to be social.

daphne3520
daphne3520 12/04/12 - 01:05 pm
To the Ranter about "evil Unions...."

Union Born
Union Bred
Gonna be Union
WHEN I'm Dead!!!!!

And, please read and assimilate this.....

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/04/12 - 12:44 pm
US GOV says stop scaring the kids

Won't somebody please think of the children?

That's the message the U.S. government is pushing in a new blog post attempting to dispel rumors about the rapidly approaching end of the world.

"Unfortunately, these rumors have many people frightened, especially children," reads the post at USA.gov. "The world will not end on December 21, 2012, or any day in 2012."

David Morrison, a planetary astronomer and senior scientist for NASA, tells USA.gov that “at least a once a week I get a message from a young person -- as young as 11 -- who says they are ill and/or contemplating suicide because of the coming doomsday.”

According to the government, there is no impending Mayan calendar-predicted apocalypse that will take place this month (that theory has already been debunked), no comet ready to blast the world into oblivion (sorry Bruce Willis, NASA has been trying to beat this one back for a while), and no hidden planet sneaking up on Earth to screw up its polarity (NASA recently gave a detailed breakdown of this claim). The post also tamps down doomsday predictions more broadly, declaring that "many other" theories are also wrong.

The U.S. isn't the only nation that has had to directly address prophecies about the end of the world. The New York Times reported over the weekend on Russia's effort to keep people from getting too worked up over the panicked speculation:

bye bye again...

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 12/04/12 - 01:24 pm
They Mayans didn't take leap

They Mayans didn't take leap year into account....so if they WERE right, the world should have ended about 16 months ago.

-----edit----
Thumbs down for stating a mathmatical fact? Really?

Must be a Mayan.

BamaMan
BamaMan 12/04/12 - 01:34 pm
Parade

So, I haven't seen any complaints about the Augusta Parade. How was it, and was it the usual hoochi coochie display?

Trouble
Trouble 12/04/12 - 02:01 pm
Humble Angela

sorry, math scares me......lol

allhans
allhans 12/04/12 - 02:21 pm
The Mayans couldn't forsee

The Mayans couldn't forsee their own destiny..so that should put an end to that.

allhans
allhans 12/04/12 - 02:23 pm
BamaMan..I assume most of us

BamaMan..I assume most of us stayed home.