Rants & Raves

THE NEW RICHMOND County police cars are nice, but as with the old fleet of Crown Vics, these models do not have turn signals either.

UNLESS THE Repub­li­can Party gets its stuff together, remember you read it here, Hillary Clin­ton will be our next president.

I HAVE HEARD MORE about Gen. Petraeus’s problems in one day than I have heard about Benghazi in one month.

OBAMA AND THE Democrats will tax us back to the Stone Age (those few of us that still pay taxes).

HOW IS IT THAT a uniformed police person from Columbia County can come into my neighborhood where I live in Richmond County with a uniform on and official car and spend hours at my neighbor’s house? And no, they do not live at that place.

CONCERNING THE CIA director’s affair and other people on affairs: It’s not their fault for using poor judgment. It’s the wife’s fault. The blame is always placed on someone else. What a better marriage and love for each other if the “man” would admit it was his fault. Ha! What man would?

RANT ABOUT the Geor­gia lottery. As a business owner that has a lottery machine, I can tell you that the compensation to the business is so little that it is barely worth having the machine in place. When it started, businesses were compensated. Now, the compensation is almost nothing on the sales, and not the payouts. Are there other retailers as frustrated?

KUDOS TO THE three Columbia County school board members for declining to take new Apple iPads. As Roxanne Whita­ker said, “I say we save the money for something else.” Thanks to the three members who realized the money could better be put to use elsewhere!

FOR THOSE WHO are pro-life, why aren’t you protesting in-vitro fertilization? Thousands and thousands of embryos are discarded each year by fertility clinics. I don’t understand why this is not a concern.

Comments from readers:

Gage Creed
Gage Creed 11/26/12 - 10:21 pm
To the ranter asking about

To the ranter asking about the CC LEO in RC... if it bothers you so much, why not ask them?

allhans
allhans 11/26/12 - 10:31 pm
Gage Creed...Or perhaps mind

Gage Creed...Or perhaps mind their own business? :)

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 11/26/12 - 11:32 pm
I think this truly sad story

I think this truly sad story is a good contrast to those boo-hooing about the criminal who died while being detained for shoplifting.

I think this struck home because I'm both a father and a dog lover. Very sad indeed.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 11/26/12 - 11:39 pm
"Hillary Clin­ton will be our next president."

Why do you think Bill campaigned so hard for Obama? Because he liked him, LOL? He knew if Romney won Hillary wouldn't have as good a shot in '16.

Jane18
Jane18 11/26/12 - 11:42 pm
R&R #3, #7, and #11

#3-Alright! Someone else is catching on to this administation.#7-Oops! This doesn't sound good! #11-Some of us don't know all the specifics about in-vito fertilization.. sounds as if you ought to be the one to enlighten us. How about it.......................I know I am feeling concerned!

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/27/12 - 12:30 am
Rant #2

ranter#2 scribbles:"THIS COUNTRY’S motto “In God We Trust” has turned to “In the Devil We Trust” in this election."

How can you possibly say that? The Devil lost. Anybody with a lick of sense can tell you that. God always prevails.

Don't take my word for it. Just ask any number of our regulars here. They can find it in the Bible for you.

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/27/12 - 12:28 am
Sour Grapers Sightings Day 21

I see the Sour Grapers are in the R&R's again. Well looky looky gang. Here it is 21 days, that 3 whole weeks and the sky has yet to fall.

And yes, the clock is winding down itsanotherday1. It is another day closer to Hillary's inauguration. Only 1,497 left.

Geez, I crack myself up sometimes. Bill Maher said that even though he donated 1 million to our President's re-election that he has cheated himself out at least that much in comedy material.

I beg to differ. He could read this paper for ton's of good comedy material.

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/27/12 - 12:42 am
Ranter 3# writes:"IN REGARD

Ranter 3# writes:"IN REGARD to the Petraeus affair: I’m beginning to think someone wants to destroy our military from the top down."

Ummm, actually it's from the bottom up. Don't believe me? Google military suicides for the last 12 years. Tell us how many generals you find there.

I see this(the suicide rate) as a direct indictment of the all volunteer military concept that we have now. Does anyone think these wars would have gone on this long with so little effect had there been a draft in place?

Pogo said it best. "I have seen the enemy and they is us." Not the congress or the President, but the American people who have not bothered to say much because frankly, they don't have any skin in the game.

Put the comon man's son or daughter at risk, via a universal draft and just how soon do you think our elected representatives take notice?

KSL
KSL 11/27/12 - 12:53 am
Some do like to see

Some do like to see themselves in print.

allhans
allhans 11/27/12 - 01:00 am
12:00 and all is well

12:00 and all is well

allhans
allhans 11/27/12 - 01:05 am
My guess would be a lot of

My guess would be a lot of competition in the race to succeed Obama. Clinton might have her hands full. (I know, she stood by her man, ahem..)
Those liberal guys and gals are feeling their oats -

allhans
allhans 11/27/12 - 01:08 am
I thought sure the sky was

I thought sure the sky was falling today, an acorn hit the roof of my car...bam... Where is Henny/Chicken Little when you need her.

KSL
KSL 11/27/12 - 01:12 am
Let's talk about the draft

Exactly when and where did Bill Clinton serve? Wasn't there something about him and a favor from Sen Albright of Arkansas? Having a little trouble remembering the details. And also those pesky little details about White Water. But I am certain they will come back up during Hilly's run for potus.
She definitely needs to stop falling asleep during speeches. It's not very presidential behavior.
That long stringy hair will need to go, as well.
At least we will have a better female dresser in the White House again.

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/27/12 - 01:14 am
KSL11/26/12 - 11:53 pm

KSL writes: "Some do like to see themselves in print."

Yup, with 26, 559 points I wonder who that could be.

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/27/12 - 01:37 am
KSL11/27/12 - 12:12 am

KSL writes: "That long stringy hair will need to go, as well."

Well, I guess a meaty comment of such substance deserves a proper retort.

Geez, how about MEEEEOOOW!

Yup. That's about right.

GGpap
GGpap 11/27/12 - 02:36 am
“In God We Trust” vs.“In the Devil We Trust”

Well, since they're both figments of imagination I would much rather put my trust in the President of the United States.

GGpap

GGpap
GGpap 11/27/12 - 02:51 am
"UNLESS THE Repub­li­can Party gets its stuff together..."

While we're in the predicting mode, I'd say that if the Grand Old Party continues to be the party of obstruction the voters in the 2014 mid-terrm elections will continue the trend to show their disgust by electing even more Democrat Senators and Representatives than they did in our recent national elections.

And, not a prediction, but an opinion, I believe the T-Party folk will just about guarantee the outcome I've predicted above.

GGpap

KSL
KSL 11/27/12 - 02:58 am
RA, you made my day. I got

RA, you made my day. I got exactly the result (comment) out of you I aimed for. LOL!

You bought it hook, line and sinker. It was so worth staying up for.

Growing up, I had a lot of exposure to fishing. I didn't especially want to do it, but i surely learned how.

KSL
KSL 11/27/12 - 03:04 am
Oh, meow might be right, RA.

Oh, meow might be right, RA. It seems hillybilly and I were on the same Ivy League track. I didn't choose Wellesley. She did. I'm the lucky one. I might have been stuck with her as a roommate. GAG. I chose an Ivy League school in the mountains of Mass. Always have loved mountains.

Exactly which Ivy League school did you attend, RA?

GGpap
GGpap 11/27/12 - 03:05 am
Hillary Clin­ton will be our next president

@KSL

Four years of darn near non-stop travel to foreign countries, international time zone adjustments, meetings with the professional and political leaders thereof, winning some and losing some, answering to the American citizens (and even harder, answering to the sharks on the other side of the aisle....

And you pick on her hairdo and a "sleep-in" once upon a time...Geez!

And, to draft dodgers, guess since Romney is no longer in the running his tip-toe trip to France during the Viet-Nam mess is not worth mentioning anymore.

C'mon, KSL, you can do better.

GGpap

KSL
KSL 11/27/12 - 03:07 am
Oh, and you forgot my comment

Oh, and you forgot my comment about her snoozing. Not the first time she has been caught doing that.

KSL
KSL 11/27/12 - 03:10 am
GG

I DON'T NEED TO DO BETTER. SHE NEEDS TO DO BETTER.

KSL
KSL 11/27/12 - 03:12 am
She is the one making the big

She is the one making the big bucks.

KSL
KSL 11/27/12 - 03:18 am
GG, my husband escaped Viet

GG, my husband escaped Viet Nam, as well. Not because he tried to the first go round. He was on board, kicked off board, then said wait the hell the moment the next time around.

GGpap
GGpap 11/27/12 - 03:44 am
Those who serve, and those that do not

@KSL

I really don't have a problem with those that avoided the Viet Nam conflict. I did not support the war either.

My problem is with those that avoided the war out of cowardice; not with those that honestly protested our involvement in the first place.

The men that served are heroes. No more, no less, IMO. Those that avoided the war (because they could due to wealth, religion, or political connections) are not worthy of my attention.

As to forgetting your comment about snoozing, read "sleep-in once upon tiime" as my recognition of your unworthy slam at our Sect. of State.

GGpap

GGpap
GGpap 11/27/12 - 03:52 am
I DON'T NEED To.....

@KSL

Your SCREAM concerning who should do better should point out to you just who, on the R&R, should be doing better.

From our exchanges several months ago I believe you would have done better "once-upon-a-time."

GGpap

wayne2410
wayne2410 11/27/12 - 06:37 am
It ain't the sky that is

It ain't the sky that is going to fall, it will be us. The sky will still be there, pretty and blue, it will just be looking down on one heck of a train wreck of a country below it.

wayne2410
wayne2410 11/27/12 - 06:44 am
I encourage all conservatives

I encourage all conservatives to remove ourselves from the system as much as you can. Do not buy anything you do not have to, hide your money somewhere safe from taxes, do not help or participate with the left in any way, and most important arm yourself to the teeth. When the money runs out and the libs figure out it is all gone and there is nothing left to steal from the good Americans they will no doubt riot, giving us our chance to end this for once and for all. We are past the point of making peace with them, they don't want it anyway, so lets be ready to give them what they deserve when the time comes.

Gage Creed
Gage Creed 11/27/12 - 06:54 am
Hmmm... I wonder which outfit

Hmmm... I wonder which outfit Hillary served with?

Trouble
Trouble 11/27/12 - 07:19 am
morning

why is it some people feel that they have to list the achievements of their entire family before they can attempt to make a point?