Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

BEFORE THE Democrats start talking about “mandates,” “majority of Americans,” “the will of the people,” we need to keep in mind that only 57.5 percent of registered voters voted, and that only 51 percent voted for the current regime. This means that a whopping 29 percent of Americans who could vote agreed to keep the status quo. That is sobering.

SAVE THE A? It turned out to be more like “Cover Your A.”

IN MY OPINION Ann Romney would have portrayed the ultimate “First Lady of the White House.” Ann is beautiful, smart, dignified, respectful, charming and would have represented our country in such an honorable way. America missed out on a “True Lady” and a “Class Act.” What a loss for our country.

VOTING IS OVER. Please respect whoever got elected to office and respect the office that they hold. We have to back our leaders, and our leaders have to back us. So whoever got in office, support them to the fullest.

OBAMA IS NOT going to take my hard-earned money and redistribute it to some lazy low-life. I’ve worked too hard plus saved to make a success of my life. I’ll burn my house down and give all my money to a worthy charity before I get stuck paying higher taxes. Then I can go on welfare and live off the government. On second thought, maybe I should burn the money too because Obama will end up stealing it from the charity. No-win situation!

THE THREE NEW student volunteers at Precinct 44 in North Augusta were helpful, courteous and nice. We were very grateful for their help.

RANT FOR THE parents at Martinez Elementary who drop their children off in the morning and are in such a hurry they need to move the big barrier and go around other parents who are dropping off their children. The big barrier is there for a reason. It is there so our children don’t get run over. So could you please wait your turn?

THE WAY TO END able-bodied poverty is to end taxpayer-sponsored handouts. Don’t work-don’t eat!

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 11/25/12 - 08:56 am
gargoyle

Your point is well made about charitable giving. Anyone who thinks that by filtering money through the government first, their dollars will be better used than with direct donations is ignorant, a fool, or both.

Charitable organizations are very concerned, and rightly so, that changes in tax policy will severely change peoples' giving. If a rich guy has a $100K committed to charity and now the government wants $50K more in taxes, who loses?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/25/12 - 08:57 am
itsanotherday1

You can quarentee "She's saying, I'M Proud Of America Now!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/25/12 - 09:01 am
and

silently in her mind, she is saying "Thank You All You Dumb Idiots"

KSL
KSL 11/25/12 - 09:03 am
100% agree with you,

100% agree with you, itsanotherday.

KSL
KSL 11/25/12 - 09:04 am
On all your comments today.

On all your comments today.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 11/25/12 - 09:17 am
Hey Seenit

I use similar terms to the ones you mentioned quite often. And ya know what... I just might have to disappear for a few :-)

dichotomy
dichotomy 11/25/12 - 09:30 am
GGAP............."contributio

GGAP............."contribution to the welfare of society in general"

Welfare - now there is another word for which we have perverted the definition.

Some time ago it meant exactly what GGAP said. People "contributed" to the welfare of people who needed it.

Now it's "stick 'em up, we are forcibly TAKING the money you earned and giving it to others because you wouldn't buy them a cell phone, give them a guaranteed income, give them free housing, give them free food, and give them free medical care, and maintain them to the same standards as people who actually work for a living. And, oh by the way, we are not do ANYTHING to force them to earn the money or even to try to help themselves. It's WELFARE"

Do I resent this kind of contribution to "welfare"? You damned right I do. This isn't just socialism. It is ourtright communism and this country is now one big commune. Well maybe that is a bit of a stretch. Even under true communism everyone on the commune had a JOB to do or they did NOT share in the rewards of the communal effort.....like EATING.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/25/12 - 11:31 am
Romney told us about the 47%,

Romney told us about the 47%, but somehow they outdid us and ended up with 51%. I figure 4% of others don't quite get it. We're actually at that point where you better hide your jewels.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 11/25/12 - 10:21 am
Thanks for the Percy seenit!

Awesome song, and good mornin' to you as well! (and all of my other bruthas and sistas on the "right" side of things)

Edit: I last saw Percy at that nightclub which was open briefly where Bonefish is now. The best show though, was at that bar on Dean's Bridge close to Gordon Highway. It had a revolving bar; Leonard's Lounge was it? That was during my single days and I had a hot date that night. Percy was the perfect setup for some good "romancing"....

Another thought. That was in the days when I thought a good drink was one with an umbrella in it. LOL.

Jane18
Jane18 11/25/12 - 10:46 am
R & R #3 & 4

And I believe Mrs. Romney has ALWAYS been proud of America(not just once)! Please Raver person, send this message(#4) to our "leaders". And one day when they have done something to deserve my respect, maybe, just maybe, I will no longer think that most of them are LIARS and BUMS!

happychimer
19521
happychimer 11/25/12 - 10:52 am
Michelle Obama is a beautiful

Michelle Obama is a beautiful lady, and represents our country very well.She is a very good mother and wife. Those of you complaining about her should be ashamed. She has done nothing bad to you. Look for the good in people. I guess that causes a whole lot of pain for those who are always negative.

Conservative Man
Conservative Man 11/25/12 - 11:16 am
I'll respect the office....

....but will withhold respect for the man until HE begins to respect America....
..not holding my breath though..

justthinkbushisstupid
justthinkbushisstupid 11/25/12 - 11:38 am
Ann and Mitt

Thank God we will never know what Ann or Mitt would have done in the White House because neither will ever be President of the United States of America!

Jake
Jake 11/25/12 - 12:01 pm
Last R&R (cont'd)

Judging by the thumbs and comments, I don't think I made myself very clear. Since the subject was "able-bodied poverty", I was referring to the recepients of tax-payer handouts doing the volunteer work. Not everyone who receives is disabled or totally helpless. Surely there can be things for many of the people to do that helps to contribute.
Now, getting people to actually want to contribute, well..........

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 11/25/12 - 12:02 pm
Its always about color isn't

Its always about color isn't it? No possibility whatsoever that it is about policy and behavior huh? Easy to see why a certain bloc voted 95%+ Obama.

Jake
Jake 11/25/12 - 12:09 pm
Gee, justthinkbushisstupid

If you think that the Carter's have not been slammed on here then you must be new to this site.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 11/25/12 - 12:24 pm
Jake

Don't forget Clinton, Pelosi, and Reid. They are lilly white and get a regular spanking from the people on the right, along with many of their leftist fellow travelers.

When will the race baiters ever get it?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 11/25/12 - 12:26 pm
seenit!!!!!!!!!!

Durn you; I've been whistling and singing "It tears me up" all morning, and now my dogs have to listen to it all the way to Atlanta.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/25/12 - 12:48 pm
haaha

A great song to have stuck in your mind.....be thankful I didn't put "You aint nothing but a hound dog" on there lol

Have a safe trip....:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/25/12 - 12:54 pm
Try this on for size

T Graham had the voice years ago & the very best band to back him up......Tell Like It used to Be....yeh baby.....wwhen you were still in love with meeee.....

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/25/12 - 01:04 pm
Why??

Why are whites so hated .....we made the best country in the world.....the best music....would the world have the internet if not for us.....people beg to come & live in this country....we have helped many many others.....& still are helping......we make it possible for a black poor girl like Oprah Winfrey to become a Billionaire......a half black to become President but yet the abuse piles on......
If you are dissatisfied with your life & you live in the USA,,,you need to look in the mirror.....
The education avenues are there....check that ole attitude at the door...

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 11/25/12 - 02:12 pm
It's so cool to be happy!

Gobble, gobble!

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 11/25/12 - 02:18 pm
B4

You can't fight them - they don't understand!

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/25/12 - 02:27 pm
Seenit writes: "RA cornbread

Seenit writes: "RA cornbread Red ain't real country...is it??"

Nope. Bluegrass. You sent me a song called Cornbread Red and I'm reffering to a band called Cornbread Red.

Limited exposure on youtube, but there is this:

Much more available at itunes.com

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/25/12 - 03:56 pm
ok RA

I'm warming up to cornbread red....are you warming up to Conway?

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/25/12 - 04:03 pm
Where are they

Where did city ink & Sylvia go this week....is she on vacation?

happychimer
19521
happychimer 11/25/12 - 04:28 pm
to #1 ranter. Those who did

to #1 ranter. Those who did not vote should just keep their mouths shut and not complain one little bit. The majority of voters spoke.If you did not vote, then you are not a voter.

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/25/12 - 08:49 pm
Seenit writes: "are you

Seenit writes: "are you warming up to Conway?
:)"

"Hello Darlin" iz there a tiger in "Them Tight Fittin' Jeans" or iz it "Only Make Believe?" :)

allhans
allhans 11/25/12 - 10:25 pm
Many years ago in Rome the

Many years ago in Rome the Emperor would laeve his palace to ride down the roads in his chariot, tossing bread to the poor, starving masses.
The masses would in turn bow and shout their love for their esteemed leader.
Don't this remind you of Wash DC today?

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/25/12 - 06:18 pm
You surprise me RA

You may know more country songs than I know....now if we could get you to sing a few for us..:)