Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

A COMMENT ON THE elections: God be with us; we will need him.

RANT ON RICHMOND Coun­ty Animal Services, who didn’t come when there is a call placed. Three dogs were hit and one lay dying in the street. It was awful! The dog owners are letting their animals run free. It is more humane for a dog to be euthanized than killed by a car.

THE PETREAUS CASE has too many oddly timed connections to be coincidence. And face it, he has been a political animal from his days at West Point. How many cadets marry the commandant’s daughter?

The news story seems to show that Petraeus never did much in the way of actual combat – he was in Haiti and Yugoslavia? After that, he was ranked so high that actual combat never touched him. No, this is just one more case of Obama and his handlers manipulating us via lies and more lies.

FALL: THAT TIME IN the South when the pine straw makes your yard look like it needs a haircut.

IN A SPEECH, OBAMA says the majority of Americans agree with him. What a boatload of rubbish. I cannot decide if this statement represents the height of arrogance or the depths or ignorance. Only a majority of voting Americans voted for Obama: that does not mean they agree with him. The Catholics do not agree with him over abortion, birth control, same-sex marriage or how he treats Israel. The Jews do not agree with him over how he treats Israel. The black, faith-based community disagrees with him over same-sex marriage, and those evangelicals who voted for him disagree with him over abortion, same-sex marriage and Israel.

IF THEY ARE TRULY for individual liberty, freedom and prosperity, Republicans should put legalizing weed and moonshine on their

platform. When they made moonshine illegal, the feds bankrupted small acreage farmers, turning them into sharecroppers. Legalizing and taxing would enable people to thrive, reduce the costs for police,
kneecap the Mexican cartels and create tax revenues.

SOME GUY IS USING a $1.8 million grant to “study,” “revamp” a corridor from downtown to the dead Regency Mall? Since it can’t take nearly 2 million bucks to look over some maps, where is the money going?

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/24/12 - 05:47 pm
oldie but I had to share

11 PEOPLE ON A ROPE

Eleven people were hanging on a rope
Under a helicopter.

10 men and 1 woman.

The rope was not strong enough to carry them all
So they decided that one had to leave,
Because otherwise they were all going to fall.

They weren't able to choose that person,
Until the woman gave a very touching speech.

She said that she would voluntarily let go of the rope,
Because, as a woman,
She was used to giving up everything
For her husband and kids or for men in general,
And was used to always making sacrifices
With little in return.

As soon as she finished her speech,

All the men started clapping . .. . . ..

Jake
Jake 11/24/12 - 05:55 pm
Jerks

I guess being a "jerk" is in the eyes of the beholder. Some who I thought were sometimes in that category have been heartily cheered on by others here. "Ignore User" button is there for a reason.

Jake
Jake 11/24/12 - 05:58 pm
Rope

Of course at the time the helicopter was hovering over a swimming pool at a women's health resort.

dichotomy
dichotomy 11/24/12 - 06:27 pm
RA......."Don't know who you

RA......."Don't know who you ticked off down there but I'm still getting semi-annuals"

Heh heh heh, well you know me RA. I'm just a bundle of joy wherever I go. Maybe my doc just can't stand to see me more than once a year.

I'll give the website a try........but I hope you weren't making a comment about my my looks, personality, or eating habits.......myvet.com is a veterinary website. Looks like it is www.myhealth.va.gov

If I try to email that doc I hope he writes English better than he speaks it. Been seeing him 4 years now and ain't understood a word he said.

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/24/12 - 07:30 pm
seenitB411/24/12 - 04:41 pm

And my lone little favorite is;

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguements and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

Herbert Spencer

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/24/12 - 07:37 pm
myvet.com is a veterinary

myvet.com is a veterinary website-Sorry my mistake(for God's sake don't tell Jane18 or HA)

Sent you an email via the Comical with a recomendation. Hope you can pull it off.

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/24/12 - 07:41 pm
seenitB411/24/12 - 04:47 pm

As soon as she finished her speech,

All the men started clapping . .. . . ..

My ex-wife. Boy did I get out of there just in time.

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/24/12 - 08:14 pm
Well let's see. Georgia took

Well let's see. Georgia took care of "Bidness" convincingly, Skin's knocked off the Cowgirls, Boardwalk Empire, Dexter and Homeland don't come on until tomorrow, HoneyBee made a dinner that couldn't be beat, got the Par 3's at the course top dressed and overseeded along with overseeding the 4's and 5's, all in all a pretty good day.

Think I'll dial up the itunes oldies(a little Bob Seeger, Jackson Browne and The Boss (Bruce Springsteen for the uninitiated) seems about right and play a little Vegas solitaire. Life is good.

Seenit, with your Kuntry leanings, look up a little band called Cornbread Red(itunes) and check out their cover of Bob Seeger. Talented musicians all and great Mandolin work.

dichotomy
dichotomy 11/24/12 - 08:26 pm
"Sent you an email via the

"Sent you an email via the "

Thanks RA, I'll give that a shot.

Developer fined by Georgia EPD

The developer of a Grovetown subdivision has been fined by the Georgia Environmental Protection Division for failing to control erosion and other water quality control violations.