Rants and Raves

A RAVE FOR all our local businesses who recognized and treated our veterans so nice. Thank you all.

THANK YOU to the gentleman who brought me a hot chocolate while I was ringing the bell for the Salvation Army at Kroger Tuesday morning. What a kind heart! Thank you for donating and Merry Christmas!

RAVES FOR Special Agent Reginald Perry, with the Alcohol and Tobacco Division of Law enforcement. About two weeks ago my grandson and I had a flat tire on Golden Camp Road. While I was waiting for my husband to assist us, one Richmond County deputy passed by and told me to get the car off the road but did not stop. But Special Agent Perry came by and stayed the whole time and changed the tire for me. He is an asset to law enforcement. May God continue to bless him.

I WANT TO THANK all the people who stopped on Central Avenue to help get my little dog back in. It looked like an Easter egg hunt there were so many people who stopped to help. I just want to thank everybody. I appreciate it.

THE PAVING JOB on Baker Avenue is splendid. I can’t say enough good things for the crew that did the work.

A RAVE TO MCG ER. I came in as the result of an injury, and received compassionate, skilled, and professional care from the doctors and the nurse on duty. Thank you.

THIS IS A RAVE about Ruth at Pearle Vision in the Exchange Shopping Center. She was fantastic. As an almost-50-year-old man who has never worn glasses, she made my purchase simple and the experience very pleasant. She is a true example of customer service.

IT’S NICE for those who can offer to donate an organ. Be sure to also consider being a bone marrow donor. That does not take any organs but some bone marrow that most of the time can just be taken like a blood donation through a machine. Join the upcoming “be a bone marrow donor” drive!

RAVE TO JEROME at Szechuan Garden on Walton Way. He is a great waiter with a wonderful attitude.

RAVES TO OUR wonderful President Obama and his family. May God bless him as he leads this nation. I hope it will be in peace and better economic prosperity. It is wonderful to be born and live in America.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 11/22/12 - 01:15 am
Middle East

Well, the temporary truce is on; praise be.

After supper I was watching ABC News and there was this guy in the Gaza Strip talking giddily to the TV reporter. He was beaming about how a new milestone had been reached. The milestone that made him so giddy was that for the first time, the new missiles that Iran had supplied to Hamas were able to travel all the way to Tel Aviv! No longer was Hamas limited to homemade rockets that would travel but a few thousand feet. Now, they have military missiles that can travel for several miles.

The missiles are supplied by Iran, but Iran cannot manufacture such weapons. No, they come from Russia, Iran's faithful ally. Who is the leader of Russia? - - - - - None other than Vladimir Putin, the one whom dear leader Barak Hussein Obama (mmm, mmm, mmm) said he would like to be more flexible with in his second term.

The second term has a couple of months to begin, but the flexibility has already started.

Jake
Jake 11/22/12 - 02:54 am
Shock!

Wow, I did not know that some countries were being armed by other folks than the USA. How dare they! What is wrong with our armament factories?
I laugh at the notion that Israel is being "slighted" by the USA. Our tax money will continue to flow into that country to the tune of over $3 billion a year. They are the only country that we give aid to that gets their money up front in the terms of cash credits. A lot is used for military use, i.e. jets, arms, tanks, etc. The other is for them to use as they see fit meaning they can spend it in other countries. And yet I bet dichotomy's culvert is still not fixed.

Jake
Jake 11/22/12 - 03:02 am
Raves

Isn't it nice to see a bunch of raves on Thanksgiving Day? It is time to put away grievances and revel in the joy of family, friendship, faith, food and football. Did I leave any other f's out?

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 11/22/12 - 03:56 am
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

Gobble, Gobble
To the pardoned turkey...You need to go to work today Mr. Preident!

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 11/22/12 - 04:08 am
Did you know...

That the Turkey was amost our National Bird?

Houston Tranquilaty Base here...The Turkey has landed.

The Phiedelphia Turkeys.

Trouble
Trouble 11/22/12 - 05:34 am
morning all

and Happy Thanksgiving!!!!! hope you all have a great day.......i have to work......

soapy_725
soapy_725 11/22/12 - 06:59 am
North Augusta H.S. Band is in Philadelphia for the

Thanksgiving Day Parade. So is Lakeside H.S. Band. Two of 19 bands from across America. Neat!!! Thanks to the local news outlets, TV and AC for NOT reporting on this. Links to live coverage by the Philadelphia ABC affiliate are at their website. 6abc.com

Contacted LOCAL TV stations this am and neither knew anything about this LOCAL NEWS. Our kids and grand kids participating in a great opportunity.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 11/22/12 - 07:58 am
sorry troubleI

I'LL save you a piece of shrimp. or a drumstick and some gravy!

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 11/22/12 - 08:00 am
hey Jake

Like the F that lets your pants fit better after a big meal?

Techfan
Techfan 11/22/12 - 08:37 am
Good call Jake. Happy Turkey

Good call Jake. Happy Turkey Day to all (although here it's cornish hens stuffed with seasoned brown rice and mushrooms), even those who start with a recap of Faux news in case we watch parades instaed.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 11/22/12 - 08:45 am
Tech Fan!

I'm having cornish hens too!
Couldn't have Thanksgiving without the Macy's Thanksgiving DaY Parade!

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/22/12 - 08:58 am
Whhhaaattt

What...no gripes...no complaints....
Am I at the right place?? haha...........yep it is Thanksgiving....I wish had some shrimp salad though.....get tired of turkey on this day......never get tired of dressing....good ole home made dressing....

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 11/22/12 - 09:03 am
Hey Seenit

I love good ole fashioned Dressing too! And gravy

Techfan
Techfan 11/22/12 - 09:10 am
Little buggers are good

Little buggers are good aren't they? I use brown and wild rice, spring onion, celery, salt, pepper, mushrooms and a dash of sage to stuff them. We eat turkey on a regular basis so this is more of a treat. Asparagus and carrots for sides. It's almost healthy.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/22/12 - 09:13 am
WOWEE

I just read all the thanks posts online.....great & that was a great idea Mr Sean......made me feel good...yep it helps to have a happy---feel good feeling on a day like today....:):)

Techfan
Techfan 11/22/12 - 09:13 am
Had dressing a couple of

Had dressing a couple of weeks ago. If I had enough giblet gravy I could hurt myself. It's rough, but we're skipping it today.

Pal
Pal 11/22/12 - 09:17 am
Techfan wrote:

"Happy Turkey Day to all (although here it's cornish hens stuffed with seasoned brown rice and mushrooms), even those who start with a recap of Faux news in case we watch parades instaed."

Cut it out, dude. Why be insulting and disingenuous when you wish others a happy holiday? Anyway, why so bitter? One would think your candidate lost or something...

wayne2410
wayne2410 11/22/12 - 09:23 am
Techfans comments are an

Techfans comments are an example why I only wish conservatives happy Thankgiving, the liberals can go get bent for all I care. They are un-American hateful trash who I respect less than the islamic terrorists.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/22/12 - 09:23 am
Homemade dressing

My granmama made dressing out of her cornbread....cut up celery-onions & some real butter.....I can see her now in my mind ....getting up early to finish her turkey-dressing --sweet potatoes--green beans--her sweet tea.....her pineapple cake......she had a white apron made out of sturdy material...she used it all the time....used it for everything----crying eyes---hurt places ---dirty faces---ooh how lucky I was to have her in my life....
Thank you for letting me go on & on about her......just can't help myself...

F4therTime
F4therTime 11/22/12 - 09:24 am
Can't say as I blame him shrimp

I kind of like a little Wild Turkey myself!! Besides he has one of my fave quotes...
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-- Benjamin Franklin

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 11/22/12 - 09:30 am
F4thertime

So true, So true!

InChristLove
InChristLove 11/22/12 - 09:32 am
Wow SeenitB4, you sure do

Wow SeenitB4, you sure do conjure up some good memories! I want to thank God for the love of a wonderful family, good memories, a steady job, and pray for safe travels for all those on the road this holiday weekend.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 11/22/12 - 09:37 am
Happy Thanksgiving ICL

Hope you and your family have a great time. I'm getting ready for the parade.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/22/12 - 09:45 am
shrimp

Just want you to know this....you make me smile evrytime I see your name on here.....good am to all this morning.....

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/22/12 - 09:55 am
Happy Thanksgiving

To all my AC Friends that I have met and those that I haven't. TSDs, you are also included in my wishes.

B4 and Shrimp, I have to stop reading your comments because I'm already getting over stuffed and won't have room for the big turkey.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 11/22/12 - 10:00 am
Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to every person here. May you all have a wonderful day filled with the love of others. If you are alone, rest assured our God is knocking at your door, inviting you to be in His presence. Blessings on you, your family and may the love and peace of our God be with you, today and always.

harley_52
harley_52 11/22/12 - 10:20 am
Happy Thanksgiving....

...everybody.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/22/12 - 10:28 am
LL, excellent Synopsis

LL, I saw that, too. That was the mini test war for Iran. As they said, they are happy they can now hit Tel Aviv from the Gaza Strip.

Trouble, sorry you got the duty today, but I'm sure you will have a great T-day no matter when it occurs.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 11/22/12 - 10:35 am
Hey, harley, thanks, my mail

Hey, harley, thanks, my mail is held up. Can't pass the crazy letter test. Hoping it will free up today. But, in the meantime, Hi!

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/22/12 - 10:59 am
Here ya go....you want--I deliver

Kentucky Buttermilk Pie---my thanksgiving gift to yall....

Here is what you need for this pie:

1 1/2 cups sugar
2 Tbs. self rising flour
1 stick melted butter
3 eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbs. KY bourbon
1 deep dish pie shell

Mix together butter and sugar. Add flour, eggs, and buttermilk and mix well. Add vanilla and bourbon.
Place the pie shell on a cookie sheet and pour the mixture into shell. Place on the center rack of the oven set at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Decrease the temperature to 300 degrees and bake for 45 minutes. Remove and cool before slicing.

Ya might want a tad more bourbon.....seeya later...yeehaw

Solar 'farm' for Fort Gordon?

ATLANTA -- Georgia military installations at Fort Stewart, Fort Gordon, Fort Benning and Kings Bay will one day be housing solar farms that can make them independent of the power grid in ...