Rants & Raves

PETRAEUS IS NOT being let go because of an extramarital affair. Nobody in Washington gets kicked out over running around. He is let go because he knows too much about President Obama and this Benghazi mess.

JENKINS COUNTY’S unemployment is now 17 percent. Barrow and Obama are making good progress at destroying the very people they claim to represent.

DON’T THINK I’VE ever seen a more incompetently run political campaign as that of GOP congressional candidate Lee Anderson. They gave Anderson such awful advice that it makes you almost wonder if they were working for the Democrats.

TO ALL SPECULATING about what did/is happening in Benghazi: As a previous intelligence person I will assure you that you will never know what really happened because it is above your security clearance, even if you had one.

TO THE RANTER who claims Azziz does not know the South: I am sure that he knows enough to know that change is constant and that change will happen no matter who is in charge.

WE HAVE HAD A number of high profile individuals fall out of grace. For instance, John Edwards, Lance Armstrong and David Petraeus. While some may sympathize, it should be noted that they got into the mess they are in by their own actions.

GOOD LUCK, ISRAEL. You are in our prayers, but you will be on your own when you are attacked. The USA can’t even protect its own ambassadors anymore.

AT LEAST THE Rants & Raves are the voice of the people, not writers whose employment is defined by their beliefs. The opinion section of The Chronicle and its biased articles helped shape the local elections. The Chronicle, just like the Tea Party and Republican Party, will be rendered obsolete unless it starts to adopt the premise that the people want fair and balanced reporting. Give people the facts and let them draw their own conclusions.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/20/12 - 08:36 pm
@6

I didn't see no damaging mess by the actions of Clinton! Why are we making a big deal out of these? Aren't they about the same actions but committed by lower rank personnel.

Jake
Jake 11/20/12 - 09:07 pm
CG

I agree, where is the "damage"?
Petraeus was bit by the snake he didn't see, but at the time I bet he was sure enjoying the bite.

Jake
Jake 11/20/12 - 09:24 pm
AC

We all know that the AC is a paper that leans heavily (to the point of falling over) to the right. Having a slant is easy. Being objective is not.
But it is their right to present editorials and LTE as they see fit.
The R&R's are not the only way other views get exposure. TeaParty, Retired Army, EEL, faithson, fedex, etc, get their views expressed, which is a good thing. I dislike one-sided views.
What puzzles me is why the AC sometimes posts comments from Riverman, Brad Owens, Open Curtain, dichotomy, etc, that are critical of the owner of the paper, Mr Morris, and the city government. I mean I appreciate the criticism and it is to the AC's credit that they post these things. I have learned a lot by reading the comments and when I return to Augusta and talk with friends, they usually tell me that I know more about what is going on than they do.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/20/12 - 09:26 pm
I've Had It Up To My Ears

with this countries Double Standard with everything we See, Hear or Speak.

fedex227
fedex227 11/20/12 - 11:17 pm
I know this is probably obvious to all - but just in case.

If any person on this planet describes themselves as 'a previous intelligence person' .... uh, they're not.

harley_52
harley_52 11/20/12 - 11:45 pm
".... and when I return to Augusta.....

....and talk with friends, they usually tell me that I know more about what is going on than they do."

Pretty impressive, Jake. Thanks for sharing.

harley_52
harley_52 11/20/12 - 11:51 pm
" They gave Anderson such awful advice....

....that it makes you almost wonder if they were working for the Democrats."

How do you know what advice he was given by his staff?

It's possible he was given bad advice, but it's also possible he ignored good advice and did things the way he wanted to do them. Personally, I suspect the latter, but I certainly don't know for sure.

Ultimately, the candidate is responsible for what he does, or fails to do. The buck stops with him.

Jake
Jake 11/21/12 - 12:02 am
Thanks, harley

You can learn a lot by reading the Augusta Chronicle. I hear you read it all the time and that is why you come across as so learned.

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/21/12 - 12:57 am
Sugestion to R&R editors.

Sugestion to R&R editors. Number them so the old guys like CG and myself can more easily reference them.

Jake an old mentor of mine had something to say about people that easily translates to editorial staffs like ACES.

In Gods world everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's to be a bad example, but at least it's a purpose.

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/21/12 - 01:11 am
Good Morning Augusta!

Hope y'all had a good night's rest. Here it is day #15 after the American voters spoke and look outside. Why, the sun rose in the east and the sky is still up there. Good gosh almighty.

Now, go out and force yourself to have a nice day, unless of course you've made other plans.

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/21/12 - 01:13 am
Tea Party #4

You may be a Tea Pary member if you admire Sarah Palin’s keen intellect.

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/21/12 - 01:19 am
Rant #3

Ranter #3 writes: "They gave Anderson such awful advice that it makes you almost wonder if they were working for the Democrats."

Ummmmm no, actually, we got all the material we needed from Lee's Republican opponents in the primary.

A big shoutout to Rick Allen's campaign especially. Thanks fellers.

KSL
KSL 11/21/12 - 02:42 am
RA

Comment withheld.

KSL
KSL 11/21/12 - 03:15 am
You certainly don't have any

You certainly don't have any intellect if you admire some of the local everyday posters.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 11/21/12 - 05:13 am
I personally

Would never take my voting advice from a Newspaper. Any Newspaper not just the Chronicle. Anyone with half a brain can tell this is a conservative paper. I have worked for several newspapers and all were conservative. They can print who they think should be elected but if a voter takes JUST the newspapers advice as who to vote for then that is one stupid individual.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 11/21/12 - 05:19 am
Ksl

Just because I like your posts I'm stupid? :)

Tullie
Tullie 11/21/12 - 05:28 am
Shrimp said:

Ksl

Just because I like your posts I'm stupid? :)

haha..no, they meant if you admired the other stupid posters....or wait you are stupid if you post here..or never mind. ;o)

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 11/21/12 - 06:26 am
Tullie

That cleared it up!!!Thanks! :)

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 11/21/12 - 06:30 am
Previous intellegence person...

Yea right. You were probably cleared to have no clearance.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 11/21/12 - 06:36 am
Who wants to be a Democrat for a day?

We can walk around in their two left shoes.
I think right is better than left. I mean you have "The Bill of Rights," "RIGHT ON" Right of Way"
Then you go to a party and no one's there so you ask where they are and a guy says "They LEFT" Then There's LEFTovers, Out in Left Field.
Yes I have to say Right is better than left.

Trouble
Trouble 11/21/12 - 07:22 am
shrimp

Who wants to be a Democrat for a day?

we are coming up on Thanksgiving, leftovers aint such a bad thought right now......

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/21/12 - 07:27 am
Giving the Chronicle Credit

About the last R and R, I've seen the Chronicle allow attacks on their ownership in the comments in numerous articles about the TEE Center in a way that I'm not sure I would if I were the owner. No one has slammed them harder than I have and I always expected to have some of my posts pulled. They never were. Gutsy move by the Chronicle.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/21/12 - 08:01 am
IT Feels Different

This week has me in a mild stupor and I find comfort in the sameness of the Chronicle and monitor glow. A Clean Well Lighted Place, the old man and the waiter both understood. Work is slight and perfunctory with everyone waiting for the official holidays to begin. So what day is it? That uncertainty is slightly worrisome, but it’s just the unusual week and nothing serious I tell myself. I’m going to remember to take my fish oil tonight. But I’m too apprehensive about everything. On to more serious things.

I strum this musical keyboard before the light of day comes and before I can see the fall day in the beautiful, college football, South. I know it’s out there, though…you just have to trust and believe sometimes.

I wish I could get Harley Drew on the computer when I’m home. I listen to him driving to work and I need that sameness. Don’t underestimate routine and I’m not talking about going to the bathroom. This week and today are strange. I need to smear some cranberry sauce on the monitor to remind me why it’s like that. Seeing things through cranberry colored glasses...ha.

agrit
agrit 11/21/12 - 08:11 am
It's a day early, but Happy

It's a day early, but Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

All in all, I have a lot to be thankful for ... enjoy your time with family and friends.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/21/12 - 08:16 am
Happy Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/21/12 - 08:27 am
Placed My Good Morning In The Wrong Location

Good Morning Great America, Friends And Foes

Yes RA, the sky is still up there, nice and blue in some places. If you look close, the Hammer & Sickle Man has hooked the hovering Black Cloud to Air Force One and is dragging that black cloud to the other side of the earth. He has conquered America as planned and now on a move to conquer the world. The goal is to be the First Black one world leader.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/21/12 - 08:37 am
Finally

They got that right....we won't kowtow to anybody....we tell it like it is....don't mince words....like us or not....:)

I give AC credit for printing all views....that is free speech....& ksl what are you saying my dear.....this place wouldn't be colorful without the different flavors on here....yaheeeer....

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/21/12 - 08:39 am
Putting things in wrong location cgee?

Better watch that....that could get dangerous for yee....lol

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/21/12 - 08:50 am
Making fun of Texas are you?? LOL

Rick Perry could be our president right now....& Cain as our VPres....I'm sorry yall couldn't see his qualities...I saw them....he understood the immigrant problem better than most....he had ideas to change the situation......just like Bush .......they knew 1st hand how important it was to work out a solution.....butttt nooooo yall didn't like HIM......put smooth talking Mitt in there....
Next time I need to choose the candidate......I betcha I could pick a winner....trust me...I used to be in intelligence ...worked under cover for awhile...

UGA jumps up in 2 polls

The University of Georgia made the second-biggest jump of all the teams in the two national ranking polls, both of which were released Tuesday.