Rants & Raves

KUDOS TO WOODY MERRY and the other activists who are taking on crime in the Harrisburg area. It’s nice to see that their efforts so far are showing some positive results. Keep up the good work. There are a lot of people who admire what you are doing!

TO THE DEMOCRATS who once again handed Barack Obama the keys to America: There is an old adage, be careful what you wish for. You just might get it and find out it wasn’t what you thought it would be.

HERE ROUNDTREE IS GOING to Forsyth, Ga., for training for an office he has been elected to do. The overall election was about electing people who were not qualified, and this certainly applies to Roundtree.

“CANCER AWARENESS” should be recognized instead of breast cancer month. There are several forms of cancers other than breast cancer; let’s give recognition to all affected with all forms of this disease. Politicians reading this, react and make this happen!

IF ANYBODY ELSE owed taxes like Roundtree, they wouldn’t be sheriff.

WILL SOMEONE FROM AUGUSTA please get in touch with Herman Cain and remind him how fast they ran him from the presidential race?

IN THE PAST THREE months, Obama’s go-fers have written at least 600 new regulations to further destroy our Amer­ican way of life. There is no constitutional authority that allows for this. Obama just does it and the other two branches of government, Congress and the courts, sit on their duffs and watch freedom evaporate.

GOOD LUCK, Israel. You are in our prayers, but you will be on your own when you are attacked. The USA doesn’t even protect its own ambassadors anymore.

FLORIDA VOTERS DID the rest of the country a real disservice by putting Alan Grayson back in Congress. Even Joe Biden looks competent when compared to Grayson.

I LAUGHED OUT loud when I saw The Chronicle pic of Woody Merry with what looks to be a pistol on his belt. Deputy Dawg is in your ’hood and he’s packing!

ISN’T IT WONDERFUL that your veterinarian charges you over $2,000 for a 4-pound dog’s broken arm? I think it is ridiculous.

single parent
single parent 11/19/12 - 07:28 pm
Really

>TO THE DEMOCRATS who once again handed Barack Obama the keys to America<
Tell me exactly what he is doing wrong? What because he does not want to jump into more wars; because he actually tried to talk to people trying to blow us up instead of just ticking them off more; because he does not want to strengthen an already over strengthened military ( one war 3 billion a week! ), which cost untold monies we do not have; because of so called Obama care, which mind you will cut the insurance company's off at their greedy private rumps, there has to be a cap somewhere on price; not letting super rich take contracts which charge $35 for a nail and then do not even deiiver the nail or gets zero respect from any of his cabinet, just for starters?
Tell me why so many good ole boys resigned when he first took office out of both party's?
This is what I want you to do Mr/Mrs Complainer
Just go in tomorrow if you work and quit, then I want you to hand your bill collectors your best excuses for why your bills are not being paid in which they really will not give a crap. Now imagine taking over a company that the owners before stole all of the money or ran the company to the ground and see how well you do! After this last clown ( matter of fact go read up on the TEXANS of the 50's and 60's) we had in office I could not even defend him in any way.
Now President Mr/Mrs Complainer fix it! While you are at it go live in a country which you do not even have the right to read what I just typed to you! Besides exactly what have you done for me lately? NOTHING, GET THE POINT?
I darn sure did not see your name on ANY BALLOT! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Matter of fact put the Donald on a ballot he is a real smart guy....... Geez...
By the way I am not Demobrat or Republowcan, because niether matter, but personal gain has NO light in government, which is what has been wrong in the past!

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 11/19/12 - 09:54 pm
Grayson? That dimwit belongs

Grayson? That dimwit belongs in the same ranks as that other dimwit who claimed Guam was going to tip over. How in the world do people like that get voted back in? Add Broun to the list too.

KSL
KSL 11/19/12 - 10:15 pm
Bad day

Single parent?

Jake
Jake 11/19/12 - 10:45 pm
Vet

You should get an estimate from your vet before any procedure is performed on your pet. If it is not in your budget then put the animal to sleep. We are not talking about human life here.

dwb619
dwb619 11/19/12 - 11:21 pm
last rant

The vet way out on Old Waynesboro Road has certainly spoiled thousands of us over the years. Greatest vet that has ever been,in my opinion. Simple practice,no frills, I don't know what we will do when he finally retires for good.

rebellious
20780
rebellious 11/20/12 - 12:16 am
Negative

And I thought it was just the posters on AC who were negative. What a depressing day of R&Rs.

But... I can always add athought or two or three.

Single Parent - Bless your heart. Tell us how you really feel. And I know, it gets frustrating when they are all screwing us, doesn't it.

#3 - As much as I hate to defend the man, Sheriff Roundtree will be recieving the same training that Peebles, Silas, Ivey or Sanders would have needed to have. It's the truth!

#1 & #8 - Deputy Fife, reporting for dewdee. Hey Woody is a good guy, a little excentric perhaps, but filled with good intentions. But wait, isn't the road to Hell paved with those?

#2 - I asked my dog one day what he was gonna do if he ever caught one of the cars he chases. Got the same look as Obama in the first debate...

#4 - Cancer Sucks. Women's, Men's and Children's , all Cancer Sucks. There is no good Cancer and I agree that it is a little difficult for me to climb on one bandwagon over another. Seems I have known victims of every type out there.

#7 - Obama's mantra "WE don't need no stinkin Constitution"

Nuff for now.

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/20/12 - 12:57 am
Exuuuuuuse me for the double

Exuuuuuuse me for the double post, although good news should be spread far and wide, far be it for me to ruin you perception of a bad day.

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/20/12 - 12:58 am
Good Morning To All

Oh My Gosh! Day 14, two whole weeks, a fortnight no less and lo and behold the sky has yet to fall. Astounding!

Uuuum, here's a little item for "dichotomy" amongst others:

Seems the profit takers have backed away and gosh darn it there goes that pesky harbinger of all that is holy to the sour grapers, the stock market, making a rebound.

Dadgummit, just when failure of America was within your grasp too.

CG made it to 40k yesterday and I got gas at Costco for $2.97 along with some really good lookin' well marbled sirloin. Can you spell grill? I think just plain ol' baked 'taters but a good Greek salad and some of that wonderful Publix Cuban bread.

Looks like a "drop top" day weather wise. Cow pasture pool? Why not.

Did I forget to mention only 1,504 days 'til Hillary is inaugurated.

Have a wonderful day, unless of course you've made other plans.

countyman
20129
countyman 11/20/12 - 01:06 am
Cook Out opening in Harrisburg

1. Imagine all of the new possibilities in the future. The vacant storefronts on Broad, Martha Lester School, Sibley Mill. The Walmart neighborhood market/other amenities can definitely help out the area. The new Cook Out restaurant will become popular with the residents of the neighborhood, and workers/students in the Medical District.

Two great videos showing the future of Augusta.

TEE Center

Laney Walker

Tullie
Tullie 11/20/12 - 06:09 am
Dog Rant

Would it make a difference if your dog weighed 40 pounds?

By the way, dogs don't have arms they have legs.

Trouble
Trouble 11/20/12 - 06:58 am
single parent

Besides exactly what have you done for me lately? NOTHING, GET THE POINT?

this is what we have been saying, all these people who voted for obama are more concerned about what they can get for their vote than they are that a once great country is going down in flames......

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/20/12 - 07:41 am
Negative negative

Yep..I agree Rebel...kinda neg news...but the posters can be positive (sometimes---somehow---some way---maybe--kinda)...llol
I watched the tee center video of ctymans ...one question..."Has Deke had a facelift?"

I thought about the kiddy song while watching it..."Ive got high hopes...high hopes....."

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/20/12 - 07:50 am
Vets.....the animal kind..

We had a vet up near Clayton Ga...he was a kind & generous kind of guy......our bad male sharpei needed surgery after fighting with 2 dogs (at same time)...he had to sew him up & only charged us 200 bucks....put him to sleep too....he lived to be bad again a few times.....crossed a 4 lane highway & didn't get flattened ...a miracle right there....oooh what a dog....loved him though...

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/20/12 - 07:53 am
Yeh RA

I see ya pushed cgee to over 40,000 but what about meeee mmeee......hahahah

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/20/12 - 08:01 am
The twinkie might be saved...thank goodness

Twinkies won't die that easily after all.
Hostess Brands Inc. and its second largest union will go into mediation to try and resolve their differences, meaning the company won't go out of business just yet. The news came Monday after Hostess moved to liquidate and sell off its assets in bankruptcy court citing a crippling strike last week.

Too bad we can't save the country like this,.....just goes to show where our interests are....sex affairs---twinkies---nekkid stuff--50 shades---computer games....FOOTBALL....beer--martinis--barbecue--hunting.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/20/12 - 08:06 am
Do yall see how friendly RA is now....

Now how can I ignore such a happy---jolly guy.....even says good am to us.....good am back atcha RA....that steak sounds gooood....yummy.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/20/12 - 08:31 am
A Great Thanks To RA

for awarding me "The Nobel Point Prize". Now if he will agree to pin it on me, I will be honored and never give him a downer.

rebellious
20780
rebellious 11/20/12 - 09:12 am
Seenit

Oops there goes another rubber tree plant

allhans
allhans 11/20/12 - 09:17 am
Rant 8 - Gaza crisis shows

Rant 8 - Gaza crisis shows change in US diplomacy.
NOW the thinking is: Egypt (the Muslim Brotherhood) can play the role of peacemaker and Israel will have to accept it. It's the new regional order..."

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/20/12 - 09:22 am
My dang power went out for 45 minutes

Wow....all I can say is I feel for the folks up north......out for weeks & I'm upset for less than an hour....not to mention I can't get makeup on in the dark & I have to cake it on for today....got places to go--things to do--folks to see....
not that it matters.....hahaha
I knew you would get the song Rebell......ohh our minds work the same way sooo many times....:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/20/12 - 09:23 am
Don't mess with Paula....she is maaaad (missing somebody I bet)

Gen. David Petraeus's biographer and former mistress Paula Broadwell reportedly hit an AP photographer in the face with a car door on Monday.

The incident occurred outside Broadwell's North Carolina residence. The New York Daily News reported that Broadwell attempted to sneak out of a side door to avoid the press outside her home. When she rushed into her car, she hit freelance AP photographer Nell Redmond in the face as she abruptly opened the door.

“I had my camera and in all the chaos the door slammed and I got hit in the head with the flash,” said Nell Redmond, a freelancer for the AP.

Redmond said that she did not believe Broadwell intended to hit her. The incident left the photographer with a scrape above her eyebrow.

Tullie
Tullie 11/20/12 - 09:30 am
Photographers

Do those people ever sleep? It is a wonder more don't "accidently" get hit in the face. It would drive me nuts having someone follow me around like that constantly.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/20/12 - 09:31 am
Don't blame her

If they have a dang camera up in my face I'll bat em with the door too....I bet ole Petraeus will be hard to get over....ya know that A type personality & that great physical body & all of that stuff.....& stuff..lol

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/20/12 - 09:33 am
Kelley gal might be next

Jill Kelley better watch out too....Paula is a tough looking female .....

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/20/12 - 09:46 am
I had that at 1 time...

i had this jealous female following me like that years back.....she would ride up & down the highway & in front of my house......even followed me to the stores & parked & watched me....kinda funny in a way.....just think of the wasted time she put in & of course it was like security for me ......but it can get on your nerves though....calls & hangups..... kinda makes ya wanta do something baaaad......I was single so I was dating at times......but then again some just go bonkers for a certain guy.....my life could have been in danger & I didn't realize it.......some mean females have destroyed cars & even ran over other females & lovers too.......didn't the Sheriffs office have something like that happen a while back.....I can see stuff going crazy with Tree but we will have to wait & watch on that......heh

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/20/12 - 10:03 am
More Twinkies

OMG! I wake up and find that the Twinkie has been saved!

Wow, is this President great or what? I mean, come on guys, three days ago it was all President Obama's fault that his "minions" were killing off an American icon(that ironically is killing off ignorant eaters)and now "they" have decided to become reasonable? Oh, the shame of it all.

Seenit, doll baby, let's face it, you and I don't have the fan base (themselves)needed to overcome a couple of the late night point trollers present here. But I'll throw some thumbs your way so you can join the less than exalted 20k club sometime later today.

The question you may want to consider though, is do you really want to join such an exclusive club, or would you rather toil in the feilds of obscurity with we lesser folks?

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/20/12 - 10:08 am
Naah RA...I don't relish the points

Just keep me laughing on here.....that is what I want.....a fun place to visit.......
They can keep the points ------now I have to get up & make up the ole face........throw something on.....shake GOB up.......feed he animals....have a great day folks....seeya..

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 11/20/12 - 10:13 am
Life Insurance

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of life insurance, Briana. You don't need to buy life insurance on your daughter. Instead, you need to buy life insurance on yourself with someone you trust as the beneficiary. The beneficiary would use the money to take care of your daughter in the event of your death.

Brianamooney29841
Brianamooney29841 11/20/12 - 10:20 am
Life insurance

Little Lamb life insurance for me has already been taken care of and to take care of her in the event that I die. With Gerber when they reach college age they can also use it for school and other things. Having them denie her is discrimination against the disabled

Vogtle workers see both reactor projects

Some veterans of the nuclear industry were at the site south of Augusta to see the complex network of rebar and concrete rising out of the ground in the 1970s and ’80s. Now, they are back.