Rants & Raves

RAVES TO THE Chron­i­cle! Your editorial recommendations made the losers the winners!

MY STOVE IS BROKE and I don’t have any heat and everybody in the world is calling wanting something for something. Now, who do I call?

MR. PRESIDENT, I know that there is no advantage to you now that the election is over, but it would mean a lot to those who are still hurting real bad in the region hit by Sandy if you could visit again to console them. Oh, I forgot that you have to run off now to some foreign country which needs you more!

REPUBLICANS AND Demo­crats have cooperated over decades, cooperated in destroying our freedom, stealing our money, throwing us to the wolves. Both parties are controlled by bums who will do anything as long as they can find a personal payoff of either money or ego.

NOW THAT OBAMA has been re-elected, either Iran will have a nuclear bomb or Israel will have to destroy it themselves.

ACTUALLY, I THINK more people voted to save Big Bird than they did to keep the current regime in office.

WHAT CAN I DO? My smartphone is smarter than I am?

YEARLY CITY TAXES: $275. Yearly county taxes: $450. Monthly water, trash & sewage: $85. Living in a city/county that actually works: Priceless. Thanks, North Augusta/Aiken.

RANT TO THE CURRENT panel of the Columbia County Board of Equalization. They are totally incompetent or were handpicked to assist the assessor’s office in artificially inflating some property values as much as 10 to 15 percent even though property values have decreased the past three years.

I LIVE IN SOUTH Augusta. We have Section 8 houses in the neighborhood where I live, which is McDuffie Woods. There is trash in the street, windows broken, the neighborhood is going down. We do not need Cherry Tree Crossing in south Augusta.

IS THERE A LAW in Columbia County that they can’t have any Democrats running? We only have Republicans. Does this seem right?

THREE CHEERS for Depu­ty Kenneth Mercer. I am so glad he is out there protecting me.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/19/12 - 06:40 pm
Thanks All

Waiting for countyman to let me know what day I can have that grand tour of Beautiful Augusta in his horse drawn carriage.

Trouble
Trouble 11/19/12 - 06:51 pm
hmmmmm

what do you get when you reach 1 million points?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/19/12 - 06:53 pm
Question Happy?

If you were the CEO of Hostess and all your profit figures indicated that the workers unions was driving your company over the cliff, wouldn't you elect to give yourself as much money you could by raises and give all your loyal many year executives the same.
I can assure you the workers were a lot better paid and benefits given than the day they were employed.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/19/12 - 06:55 pm
Trouble

I think the fine print said "A Tour Of AC"

Trouble
Trouble 11/19/12 - 07:24 pm
"A Tour Of AC"

you better get to tour the entire thing, including looking in the medicine cabinets......lol

happychimer
happychimer 11/19/12 - 07:40 pm
Any company that pays their

Any company that pays their executives that much money needs a kick in the rear end.

Trouble
Trouble 11/19/12 - 08:40 pm
businesses

what businesses choose to pay their employees is their business, if you choose to accept the job for the offered amount, do the damn job and quit whining or find another job....................it really is that simple.

harley_52
harley_52 11/19/12 - 09:38 pm
Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 11/20/12 - 12:26 am
Actually, Ranter 11, there is

Actually, Ranter 11, there is a law in Columbia County that states Democrats can't even live here.

happychimer
happychimer 11/20/12 - 09:18 pm
Yes businesses choose what to

Yes businesses choose what to pay their emplyees. I know that. But they should not be paying their executives such high salaries and then holler they are having financial problems. Well duh! Paying executives million dollar bonuses is where their money goes. They should take care of their employees with higher salaries and benefits.