Rants & Raves

IF YOU ARE A truthful person and run a clean campaign, you become the winner. Likewise, when you run a negative campaign full of lies and hypocrisy, you become the loser. Congratula­tions to Presi­dent Obama.

SOMEONE PAID FOR my goods at Lifeway Book Store. I would like to thank them very much. They wanted to remain anonymous, but I wish I knew who they were. God bless them.

JESSICA DILL ON Channel 12, please slow down. No one can understand what you are saying.

RAVE TO WALTER WILLIAMS’ commentary on the lack of values held by the majority of Americans today. We need a revival to get back to the values that made America great.

FOUR YEARS AGO, someone said this is the first time I have ever been proud of my country. I have always been proud of my country, but now I am totally disgusted with most of the people who live here.

SECOND THESSALONIANS 2:11 says that in the end times “God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.” Anybody who can re-elect a proven disaster is certainly suffering from a delusion.

IT WILL BE INTERESTING to see if the sale of firearms for protection, burglar alarms, etc., increases when the new sheriff takes office. Based on his comments related to arresting fewer criminals and more focus on social work, it would seem that we may soon be even more unsafe than we are.

OBAMA WINS AGAIN! When Rush Limbaugh is the leader of the Re­pub­lican Party it’s not that difficult.

WHEN A RUSSIAN PRESIDENT praises a U.S. president, it’s clear things are not working right. Watch your back, America. Watch out for Putin; watch out for Obama.

OK, ENOUGH WITH the comments about Round­tree being elected by the black community. Did you ever think some of the white community was fed up with the “Southern good ole boy system” that is very much alive and well in the sheriff’s office?

I WORKED AT SRS many years, and I would say that the three-week furloughs will not make any difference whatsoever to their overall schedules!

NOW THAT VOTER FRAUD is legal, it is OK for tax also?

harley_52
harley_52 11/17/12 - 07:45 pm
"Now, that's REAL sour grapes."

Well, maybe.

Or maybe it's that people who didn't vote for your man are tired of being mocked and tired of having their noses rubbed into their loss(es) in the election.

Honestly, do you expect people to enjoy your gloating about the election when they are obviously and admittedly disappointed?

Your side won. Maybe a little grace in victory would help cure those "sour grapes" you've observed.

dichotomy
dichotomy 11/17/12 - 08:58 pm
Retired Army....."5 folks

Retired Army....."5 folks right here in River City are unhappy that the sky hasn't fallen."

No, that isn't it RA. The thumbs down are because you, like most Democrats, are staring up at the sky while Obama is peeing on your leg.

KSL
KSL 11/17/12 - 09:44 pm
LOL

Harley. One of these days RA will find out just how badly his man has sold him out.

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/17/12 - 10:30 pm
Well, now we've heard from

Well, now we've heard from two of the "Sour grapes" crowd. Wonder where the other three are hiding.

Thanks for the honesty guys. Do you really believe I think I wouldn't be on the receiving end of your "Best Wishes" for America had the results gone your way?

You know, we got to hear all of this kind of stuff in 2000 and 2004 from Republicans. The Liberal camp was inundated with taunts of sore losers, cry babies, etc. And Liberals made all sorts of dire predictions then too. The BIG difference between then and now is that we were dead right in our predictions. Two wars on a credit card, one of which was very questionable almost 6,000 of America's finest slaughtered an untold number maimed either physically or mentally with no real victor in sight, and in to top it off a national financial mess, that thank God our President in spite of the kicking, hollering, screaming, childish opposition he has had to put up, with is turning it around. Note: Twinkies be damned, they went broke because they sell unhealthy trash and the market woke up or died from eating it. Four dead in Benghazi you scream. Didn't hear you screaming about the 241 in Lebanon when Saint Ronnie was running the show or the 47 dead in embassies around the world under the Bush regime. Balderdash! Sour grape hypocrisy.

And then, the effrontery to try to redo their disaster with what basically amounted to Bush 3?

Ya really didn't think America get's it did ya? Thought you could fool us again. An unholy alliance of religious extremists, old fashioned bigots, closet racists, misogynists and the well meaning but deluded few(Yes Virginia, there are good Republicans, but the best are marginalized by the zealots), many secretly and grossly funded by vested big money interests. Over 63,000,000 Americans stood up and said No Thanks and for that I am extremely grateful.

"In the end the trust the people, they'll always get it right". Theodore Roosevelt, Republican

KSL
KSL 11/17/12 - 10:12 pm
RA

Your repetiveness is beginning to alarmingly sound like jack234. I rarely agree with you, but I have respected you. That is waning. Too many toots.

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/17/12 - 10:27 pm
KSL11/17/12 - 09:12 pm

Well KSL if you are true to your words, your the reason my comment didn't get 6 thumbs down. Am I right? Toot, Toot!

PS I think jack1234 is a howl! Brightens my day to see him on the boards.

GGpap
GGpap 11/17/12 - 10:52 pm
RA, I can add nothing to your

RA, I can add nothing to your post (11/17, 09:30 pm) that would make it any better.

Well said, sir. And, thank you for your service!

However, on the negative checks, like the folk that make them, they are only unimportant pips that perhaps would be better to remain forever in the bleak world of anonimity.

GGpap

KSL
KSL 11/17/12 - 11:12 pm
Oh, and those people who

Oh, and those people who Teddy was telling you to trust were infinitely more educated than many of today's voters.

Does that Obama phone lady make you proud??? Cleveland, was it?

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/17/12 - 11:15 pm
I Have Good Friends!

Sent to me from one of my oldest and best friends of 40 years now-a die hard staunch Republican too!

Thanks for the laugh K.

"I'm passing this on because it worked for me.

A doctor on TV said that in order to have inner peace in our lives after this election, we should always finish things that we start. I looked around my house to find things I'd started & hadn't finished.

I finished a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, tha mainder of Valiuminun scriptins, an a box a choclutz. Yu has no idr how fablus I feel rite now.

Sned this to all ur frenz who need inner peez. An telum u luvum."

KSL
KSL 11/17/12 - 11:25 pm
For you, gg

He is referring to the fact that I said I would not even give him a thumbs down. You really need to get up to speed if you are going to insert yourself into a conversation.

KSL
KSL 11/17/12 - 11:18 pm
Thanks, RA

But that is old and altered.

dichotomy
dichotomy 11/17/12 - 11:51 pm
Well RA...."old fashioned

Well RA...."old fashioned bigots, closet racists, misogynists"

What did they say about that computer system in the movie Hunt For Red October? You know, the system they were using to listen for Russian submarines but it was originally designed to listen for magma displacements. I think the line was "when it gets confused it kind of runs home to moma". I see where you are coming from now.

Never mind.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 11/18/12 - 12:14 am
It's time for another road

It's time for another road trip, RA. We sure enjoyed your last one:).

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/18/12 - 12:55 am
Willow Bailey11/17/12 - 11:14 pm

Willow writes: "It's time for another road trip, RA. We sure enjoyed your last one:)."

I'll bet if you guys set up a fund to get me outta town, Sean will gladly hold the cash for you.

Win, win for all concerned, as I see it. About 5k should do it.:)

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/18/12 - 01:01 am
Now For Something Most Agree On

Look at them feetball scores. God Gosh Almighty The Dawgs are right back in the thick of the hunt.

Take care of business with Tech next week(sorry Tech)and beat Bama-no easy task I'll admit-and we could get a shot at Notre Dame or Ohio St for the BCS.

Yes, we Liberuls love football too. After all-this will sting-we invented it and now the SEC rules it-mostly!

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 11/18/12 - 12:04 pm
haha, RA. Me give you 5K?

haha, RA. Me give you 5K? What with how good the stock market is doing and the great return on savings, you should be sitting pretty.

What's wrong with your picture..did the "sky fall" on your assets?
Shoulda voted differently...you might have to borrow money from me and put your mustang up for collateral! lol