Rants & Raves

IF YOU ARE A truthful person and run a clean campaign, you become the winner. Likewise, when you run a negative campaign full of lies and hypocrisy, you become the loser. Congratula­tions to Presi­dent Obama.

SOMEONE PAID FOR my goods at Lifeway Book Store. I would like to thank them very much. They wanted to remain anonymous, but I wish I knew who they were. God bless them.

JESSICA DILL ON Channel 12, please slow down. No one can understand what you are saying.

RAVE TO WALTER WILLIAMS’ commentary on the lack of values held by the majority of Americans today. We need a revival to get back to the values that made America great.

FOUR YEARS AGO, someone said this is the first time I have ever been proud of my country. I have always been proud of my country, but now I am totally disgusted with most of the people who live here.

SECOND THESSALONIANS 2:11 says that in the end times “God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.” Anybody who can re-elect a proven disaster is certainly suffering from a delusion.

IT WILL BE INTERESTING to see if the sale of firearms for protection, burglar alarms, etc., increases when the new sheriff takes office. Based on his comments related to arresting fewer criminals and more focus on social work, it would seem that we may soon be even more unsafe than we are.

OBAMA WINS AGAIN! When Rush Limbaugh is the leader of the Re­pub­lican Party it’s not that difficult.

WHEN A RUSSIAN PRESIDENT praises a U.S. president, it’s clear things are not working right. Watch your back, America. Watch out for Putin; watch out for Obama.

OK, ENOUGH WITH the comments about Round­tree being elected by the black community. Did you ever think some of the white community was fed up with the “Southern good ole boy system” that is very much alive and well in the sheriff’s office?

I WORKED AT SRS many years, and I would say that the three-week furloughs will not make any difference whatsoever to their overall schedules!

NOW THAT VOTER FRAUD is legal, it is OK for tax also?

LillyfromtheMills
19397
LillyfromtheMills 11/17/12 - 09:31 am
McCain Wants Watergate-Style

Panel to Probe Libya - this will be interesting except the Dems aren't allowing it

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/17/12 - 09:34 am
Sean wants positive thoughts

heh...I have some SM but will have to 'think" about it first......:)

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 11/17/12 - 09:53 am
Positive thoughts

In the face of Obama's re-election, I imagine most people in these parts are having a hard time thinking positively, so have little to comment on inre being thankful.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/17/12 - 09:55 am
Good Morning America

Is there any beyond a reasonable doubt that from the very first second of the attack in Benghazi that is was anything other than a Terrorist Attack against the United States of America.

Every printed word, media news, investigations, action of our congress, even the low move of bring in nightly affairs of great men only to make escape goats and all those involved that know the "Truth" & "Lies....it all boils down to one indisputable fact....To Protect and Provide Cover up for a brain dead actions of our Commander and Chief, the newly reelected President of the United States. PERIOD!

rebellious
rebellious 11/17/12 - 10:05 am
Thankful for

a country that has protected my freedom, and those who fought and many who died in that pursuit.

Awoke this morning, enjoyed warm running water, brewed a cup of coffee, retrieved copy of A/C from the box and perused the news brought to me by the first amendment. Enjoyed a venison roast last night, compliments of the second amendment. I will leave shortly to visit a friend, in the pursuit of happiness.

In the words of Borak..."What a Country!"

Enjoy her while you can.....

harley_52
harley_52 11/17/12 - 10:14 am
Jake...

....can anybody take a joke any more, or are they all too "stoned?"

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/17/12 - 10:21 am
I still can't believe AC said this...

On another article about the Principal..

But no one should approve of what this principal did. What if everyone behaved that way? What if students were that insolent to authority? How long would teachers and administrators put up with that?

DUUH...my thinking is they are putting up with it daily....insolent students are the norm today...just read YOUR paper.

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/17/12 - 10:35 am
Jake11/16/12 - 09:15 pm

Jake, jake, Jake. Did you really think that some of these folks were going to get that one?

HaHaHa!!!

Willow Bailey
20624
Willow Bailey 11/17/12 - 10:50 am
I am very thankful that I

I am very thankful that I don't "think" like Ranter 1 for starters. More later.

Conservative Man
Conservative Man 11/17/12 - 10:56 am
Ranter #1...

...umm..okay...re-electing an anti-capitalist with self proclaimed Marxist leanings is helping America how?.....

With voters thinking like this guy...America is surely doomed.....

allhans
allhans 11/17/12 - 11:05 am
ABC, on the morning news,

ABC, on the morning news, gave the distinct impression that according to his testimony Petraeus knew and approved of deleting the terrorism bit.
Does any sane person still believe that the media is not biased.

Just how far will they go to protect the occupant of the White House

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/17/12 - 11:23 am
Good Morning To All!

Aren't we ALL glad that it hasn't?

harley_52
harley_52 11/17/12 - 11:24 am
"Just how far will they go....

....to protect the occupant of the White House?"

As far as necessary and then some.

daphne3520
daphne3520 11/17/12 - 11:32 am
Third from last Rant.....SO TRUE!!!!! But, the

"good ol Boy," system will never leave below the Mason-Dixon Line. It is here and will stay, no matter how wrong it is. Remember, it is run by "self-proclaimed Christians."

justthefacts
justthefacts 11/17/12 - 11:46 am
Well

The sky fell on 18,000 obamanites yesterday didn't it?

omnomnom
omnomnom 11/17/12 - 12:35 pm
justthefacts

yeah because every single one of the hostess employees was union. NOT.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 11/17/12 - 01:14 pm
Thankful

I am thankful I can serve God and people by volunteering at my church.

Willow Bailey
20624
Willow Bailey 11/17/12 - 01:28 pm
I am thankful that our God

I am thankful that our God reigns and controls over All, inspite of foolish human choices. To God be the glory and victory!

Jake
Jake 11/17/12 - 01:31 pm
Thankful

I am thankful that at least RA and harley got my joke. Tough crowd on here.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 11/17/12 - 01:36 pm
I got it Jake, so that makes

I got it Jake, so that makes three.

harley_52
harley_52 11/17/12 - 01:52 pm
I Doubt....

....there is any precise percentage of employees that must be "union" in order to drive a company into bankruptcy, but apparently that percentage (whatever it might be) was equalled, or surpassed, by Hostess.

On the bright side, Hostess was a private sector company and unless Obama decides to bail them out with tax dollars, the union thugs only hurt Hostess employees and owners.

Public sector unions ALWAYS hurt taxpayers.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 11/17/12 - 02:16 pm
Yep

I got the joke when you posted it last night, so I make four.

allhans
allhans 11/17/12 - 02:33 pm
I don't get the humor in

I don't get the humor

allhans
allhans 11/17/12 - 02:30 pm
I am thankful for the Spanish

I am thankful for the Spanish speaking crew installing a new roof on the house next door. (On Saturday!)
It is to the point that if we didn't have these folks to help us out, a homeowner would have to do the work himself. :-)

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/17/12 - 02:56 pm
I'm thankful

Thankful for the outstanding neighbors
Thankful for my wonderful daughters...& GOBs family
For the fresh air---our freedoms--our comfortable life----friends to converse with on here---real & cyber space friends ...all of themmm
Doctors with kind understanding ways....medicine when we need it---the chance to live in the USA...,esp. the South ..
Most of all I'm thankful I had a sweet grandmama in my life.....a great cook & she made Thanksgiving special...not only with her food but her caring ways & the love she showed for all around her....I remember sitting at her table with cloth tablecloths & napkins & turkey-dressing-creamed corn-sweet potatoes--pineapple & coconut cakes....she made the kids feel special & loved.....such a wise lady ......she didn't even finish high school but she was the smartest woman I have ever known....
Thank you for all the moments shared with your grandkids ....you molded us in a loving way...

dwb619
dwb619 11/17/12 - 06:12 pm
Spanish speaking roofers

I know of two roofing contractors, one in Clearwater ,S.C., and one in Harlem,Georgia, that use 100% American,english-speaking , labor. I have used both, in fact the contractor from Harlem has done some work on our house in the last three months.
They are still out there, just takes a little searching to find them.

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/17/12 - 07:01 pm
Grapes Of Wrath

Retired Army11/17/12 - 10:23 am Wrote:

" Day number 11 and despite predictions from self appointed authorities the sky has yet to fall. Aren't we ALL glad that it hasn't?"

And in response there were 5 count 'em 5 posters here who gave that a thumbs down. 5 folks right here in River City are unhappy that the sky hasn't fallen. Now, that's REAL sour grapes.

harley_52
harley_52 11/17/12 - 07:45 pm
"Now, that's REAL sour grapes."

Well, maybe.

Or maybe it's that people who didn't vote for your man are tired of being mocked and tired of having their noses rubbed into their loss(es) in the election.

Honestly, do you expect people to enjoy your gloating about the election when they are obviously and admittedly disappointed?

Your side won. Maybe a little grace in victory would help cure those "sour grapes" you've observed.

KSL
KSL 11/17/12 - 09:44 pm
LOL

Harley. One of these days RA will find out just how badly his man has sold him out.

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/17/12 - 10:30 pm
Well, now we've heard from

Well, now we've heard from two of the "Sour grapes" crowd. Wonder where the other three are hiding.

Thanks for the honesty guys. Do you really believe I think I wouldn't be on the receiving end of your "Best Wishes" for America had the results gone your way?

You know, we got to hear all of this kind of stuff in 2000 and 2004 from Republicans. The Liberal camp was inundated with taunts of sore losers, cry babies, etc. And Liberals made all sorts of dire predictions then too. The BIG difference between then and now is that we were dead right in our predictions. Two wars on a credit card, one of which was very questionable almost 6,000 of America's finest slaughtered an untold number maimed either physically or mentally with no real victor in sight, and in to top it off a national financial mess, that thank God our President in spite of the kicking, hollering, screaming, childish opposition he has had to put up, with is turning it around. Note: Twinkies be damned, they went broke because they sell unhealthy trash and the market woke up or died from eating it. Four dead in Benghazi you scream. Didn't hear you screaming about the 241 in Lebanon when Saint Ronnie was running the show or the 47 dead in embassies around the world under the Bush regime. Balderdash! Sour grape hypocrisy.

And then, the effrontery to try to redo their disaster with what basically amounted to Bush 3?

Ya really didn't think America get's it did ya? Thought you could fool us again. An unholy alliance of religious extremists, old fashioned bigots, closet racists, misogynists and the well meaning but deluded few(Yes Virginia, there are good Republicans, but the best are marginalized by the zealots), many secretly and grossly funded by vested big money interests. Over 63,000,000 Americans stood up and said No Thanks and for that I am extremely grateful.

"In the end the trust the people, they'll always get it right". Theodore Roosevelt, Republican