Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THE ELECTION IS OVER. Woe unto America. We will get what we deserve. Coming soon: economic collapse, abandonment of the military, turning our back on Israel, and a full federally operated medical system. The end of Western civilization is right behind that, then Sharia law throughout the world. I understand Sears is having a sale on sackcloth and ashes.

ALL HOPE IS LOST. This election proves that America has taken leave of its senses. Expect continued degradation of freedom and economic catastrophe in America.

AM I A SORE LOSER? You bet I am, and especially when someone wins who is totally undeserving of a victory.

RANT TO ROMNEY. I’m a white 38-year-old union mechanic, and I voted for Obama because I’m one of those who care about Medicare.

RICHMOND COUNTY, YOU have opened up a can of worms by having a sheriff who is no good with leadership ability, no one will follow, people will leave the police force and we won’t get as good service. Second chances are not a policeman’s job. Their job is to enforce the law and arrest. The courts give the second chances.

RAVE FOR ALL the men and women who participated in the Bike-a-thon at Lake Springs and the Bartram Trail. I am a hiker up there, and they are always so nice, friendly and courteous on those trails. Let’s give praise for those men and women who do this on a regular basis.

RANTS FOR THE BIKERS on the Greeneway in North Augusta. They are very rude and have no regard for walkers and children on that walkway. Please do something about these rude bikers.

I WANT TO THANK the people of Columbia County for giving us that Anderson fellow. That was pitiful. Now look what we have to put up with – Barrow for another two years. I’m sorry that folks of Columbia County didn’t do better for us.

WHY WOULD PEOPLE want Marion Williams back on the Richmond County Commission? What a terrible waste.

CONGRATULATIONS, Democrats, for voting another four years of socialism and welfare society. If you think Obamacare is great, you are in for a big shock. I know what happened to England when the so-called free care took effect. I lived there. Fewer and fewer doctors.

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/16/12 - 09:04 am
Good Morning!

Day 10 and lo and behold lookie, lookie, lookie, the sky has yet to fall.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/16/12 - 09:07 am
Conversation

with my doctor yesterday:

Rich, how are you going the handle the coming Hammer & Sickle Mancare.

George, I am not doing what my fellow colleagues are doing, I don't live in a $700,000 house, drive a inexpensive good car, giving my children a good education and in the past 4 years have been socking away every penny I can. When the poo hits the fan, I plan to sit on the back porch of my $200,000 house and drink Mint Juleps.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/16/12 - 09:07 am
Yeh CGee

We can keep the varmits at bay....me shooting--gob shooting--you shooting...they won't mess with us up there on your hill place....
yeehaw...

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/16/12 - 09:08 am
Obama won because his

Obama won because his followers ARE poopyheads.

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/16/12 - 09:10 am
Techfan11/16/12 - 06:56 am

Tech writes: "Obama only won because he made Romney look like a "poopy head".

Tech, Tech, Tech. We rarley disagree but in this instance we must part ways. Our President is a highly intelligent, decent and powerful man. But he is unable to do the impossible which in this case would be to change the Myth into what he already was by a simple act of oration.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/16/12 - 09:11 am
A Good AM To You RA

No that beautiful sky is not falling, but that Damn Black Cloud sure is getting a heck of a lot BLACKER.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/16/12 - 09:16 am
Libs can laugh if they want to

There is something to say for the good ole boys---they can fish-hunt-plant crops.....when the gitting gets tough.....$$ won't make much difference....but I betcha RA can do all those things & more ...lol

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/16/12 - 09:24 am
Still Wishing

that Sean would allow embeding.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/16/12 - 09:25 am
Hay RA

given you 2 uppers already, the least you can do is give me my downer.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/16/12 - 09:26 am
What cgee

You want to be inbedd with sean,....like Paula was with the General..hahaha...kidding cgee

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 11/16/12 - 09:26 am
ra

Hope you're too old to go back to war cause the skies over the Gaza Strip are falling. But I forgot, we spent all our money so we can't help either side if we wanted to.

Techfan
Techfan 11/16/12 - 09:27 am
Look it up. Legit quote from

Look it up. Legit quote from Grover (we must sign your pledge and be forever beholden to your power) Norquist. Truth is stranger than fiction.

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/16/12 - 09:31 am
Seenitb4 writes: "but I

Seenitb4 writes: "but I betcha RA can do all those things & more ...lol"

You quit flirtin' with me this early in the morning. Mama done took the grand babies on a Disney Cruise and I wasn't invited(Thank God).

When you are 11 years old and your brother in law gives you an old Browning 12 guage with a pair of pliers and a screwdriver to fix the constant jams of that old gun it'll make you a damn good shot or a hungry hunter.

Moved up to a 20 guage side by side for the rest of my hunting career. Light easy swing and chambered for 3" mags it was the perfect all around gun for a real sportsman.

Never could grow corn worth a damn though. Everything else just fine, but me a corn don't get along.

Many weekends along the banks of Eshom Creek high in the Sierra Nevada's with my Uncle Conrad. He'd sit by the fire sippin' his Early Times while I was out grabbin' crickets off trees in a mason jar for the morning trout fishing.

Mmm, mmmm, freshly caught rainbow trout, fried taters and eggs with campfire coffee and then the rest of the day to explore and set traps for small game.

Thanks for jogging the memories.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/16/12 - 09:35 am
RA

I knew ya had all that good "stuff" in ya....ya just can't hide it....yeh man....my grandmom could teach you how to grow corn.....best white corn in the world.....sweet too.....then hot peppers & maters on top...called it Silver queen corn....oooh I would give anything to have her call me for supper 1 more time....can't talk about her blackbeery pie cause the tears would come....she was a woman I'll never forget.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/16/12 - 09:37 am
Keep Savoring

those beautiful memories RA, because that may be all you have if that there sky does fall.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 11/16/12 - 09:50 am
RA is happy

Poor Mr. Obama - 16 trillion in debt;Post Office 13 billion in debt;NJ still doesn't have electricity;top general - out/next general - ?; has to replace many in his cabinet; middle east fixin to be on fire; American ambassor murdered; impeachment?. If I were him - I'd leave the country :) I'm going to my grandson's Thanksgiving Feast (he's in kindergarten) Y'all have fun!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/16/12 - 09:52 am
Lot of you

didn't read the real small print on the AC point policy.

It said that when you reach the 40000 mark you will receive a one week paid subscription of the AC and a horse and buggy tour of beautiful downtown Augusta by countyman. I getting my boots highly shined.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/16/12 - 06:43 pm

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 11/16/12 - 10:07 am
Gaza Strip

From an Associated Press story (byline KARIN LAUB and AMY TEIBEL) in today's paper:

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip — Egypt's prime minister rushed to the aid of the Gaza Strip's Hamas rulers Friday in the midst of an Israeli offensive there, calling for an end to the operation, as Palestinian rocket squads aimed at Tel Aviv for a second straight day.

Excuse me, but since when does one use the term “offensive” to describe a military action in response to being attacked? Hamas fired rockets into Israel unprovoked. Israel responded with military force. I would call that retaliation, not “an Israeli offensive.”

dichotomy
dichotomy 11/16/12 - 10:19 am
RA....."Day 10 and lo and

RA....."Day 10 and lo and behold lookie, lookie, lookie, the sky has yet to fall?.

Now please give us the stock market and national First Time Unemployment report. A year's worth of gains lost in 9 days and we found all of those unemployed folks the Obama administration lied to us about back in September and October.

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/16/12 - 10:19 am
CobaltGeorge 11/16/12 - 09:01 am

CG writes: "The sad part is no longer being in contact with all my friends and TSDs"

Don't worry George. At your age you'll be seein' them soon enough. Especially if you keep lettin' the small stuff make you so mad.

dichotomy
dichotomy 11/16/12 - 10:46 am
RA...."Never could grow corn

RA...."Never could grow corn worth a damn though"

My granddaddy said the only way to grow corn was to "shoot the nitrogen to it and pray for rain".

dichotomy
dichotomy 11/16/12 - 10:54 am
Techfan........poopy

Techfan........poopy head......I see your are right up to your usual standards this morning.

I'd say Norquist looks like a moderate compared to the "one world government" George Soros who finances the Democrats. I notice you don't spend a lot of time elaborating on his positions.

Bizkit
Bizkit 11/16/12 - 11:07 am
We use to see how well we

We use to see how well we could survive with the least. A pocket knife and matches was the generally rule. We would make sling shots-used rubber from old bike tires, make frog gigs, spears or bows and arrow, etc. We would practically build a city. Frogs, soft-shell turtle, squirrel, rabbits for supper and then might make tea from pine needles. I got lost in Bull Town Swamp on the coast of Georgia near Darien and these skills payed off. I thought I was Tarzan for awhile when I would run with a pack of dogs barefoot chasin' deer. Man I could move back then-didn't practice good conservation though-I slaughtered everything-whatever the limit I'd double it. Hey I was young, foolish, full of angst, and a little blood thirsty. One day these skill maybe usefull again.

Bizkit
Bizkit 11/16/12 - 11:14 am
I could kill a chimney swift

I could kill a chimney swift flyin' with my sling shot back in the day. Oh man one friend made a blow gun from bamboo. That became the craze for awhile. A blow gun is deadly-I know it is deadly with small game but my bet is it would kill a person too. We kept making longer and longer poles-much like the frog gig competition. Man that was fun. We would also grab up crayfish hiding under rocks in the creek, and skewer them over a fire. Squirrel is still my favorite.

Jake
Jake 11/16/12 - 11:16 am
Roughing it

My idea of roughing it is having to walk to the grocery store. But I am enjoying reading about your adventures.

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/16/12 - 11:31 am
Childhood Memories

Ol' Mr. Ducey had a large plantation style house with acreage down the street from our place on Minnewawa Ave in Fresno. He made his fortune establishing Ducey's Lodge and developing real estate up at Bass Lake in the high Sierra's. The lodge is still there and has been used by Hollywood in a number of movies. It was the sight of John Candy finishing off the Ol' 96er

Now Mr. Ducey was an astute business man. He had a large stand of bamboo on the north side of his yard and my little brother Tim and I used to sneak in there when we were six or seven to cut us a fishing pole. Got caught and Old Man Ducey didn't call our parents.

He put us to work in his yard weeding some flower beds. After a couple hours of that he took me back to the stand and helped me select a couple of good pieces of bamboo and then into his shop to show me some knots and some basic flys. Gave me a couple hooks and sent me on my way. Told me that if I needed more bamboo, he had more weeds.

Bizkit
Bizkit 11/16/12 - 11:59 am
Great story RA. I have

Great story RA. I have similar ones-isn't it great someone took time to address your misgivings but then also took the time to share and make your memories. We were disciplined many times by others-nowadays you'd likely go to jail for as much. Awesome people who take time to care. I hope you passed it on-I try to whenever I can. The best fishin' pole is the bamboo ones that you make-eh???? That bamboo thicket is still there stuck on an island between two creeks.

allhans
allhans 11/16/12 - 11:59 am
Get a balanced budget,

Get a balanced budget, beginning the right way by looking at revenues expected and then make sure expenditures stay under that amount.
We have been headed for this crisis back to forever...but we have now stretched the band so thin it can break at any minute.

allhans
allhans 11/16/12 - 12:05 pm
I noticed the big guy of P &

I noticed the big guy of P & G attended Obama's meeting with hot-shots this week. Perhaps he told Obama about the situation here - knowing Obama he will come running and save the day.

(- :