Man becomes trapped, dies of smoke in house fire

  • Follow Metro

MACON, Ga. — Authorities say a 60-year-old man died after becoming trapped in a fire at his house in Macon.

Bibb County Coroner Leon Jones says Horace Maddox died of apparent smoke inhalation after becoming trapped in his bathroom during the Sunday fire.

Jones tells The Telegraph that an autopsy was scheduled for Tuesday morning.

Macon Police Deputy Chief Mike Carswell said that the blaze was still under investigation Sunday afternoon but that it appeared to be accidental.

loading...
Top headlines

Fort Gordon Warrior Transition Battalion closing

Fort Gordon's Warrior Transition Battalion, the second-largest in the Army, is one of 10 military medical units nationwide that will be closed by August 2016, as the number of sick and injured ...
Search Augusta jobs