Rants & Raves

IF PEOPLE WHO work and pay taxes have to take drug tests to keep their jobs, why shouldn’t people taking welfare paid for by taxpayers have to take drug tests to keep on the welfare books?

SOME ORGANIZATIONS DON’T have volunteers because you don’t know how to treat them the right way. At the end of the time they should give you a small gift card. And there are too many bosses. It is no wonder people aren’t coming in if people are bossy and don’t know how to treat people.

FROM A FRIEND: “Even my 6-year-old gets it … She said, ‘Mommy, if there is only one person in the entire world who likes the name Georgia Regents University, then they probably shouldn’t use that name.’ ”

RANT TO THE CITY of Harlem: Why does the city not do something about the junk in front yards and how horrible this looks as people drive through town?

AZZIZ IS AT IT AGAIN. His dreaming continues with projections of doubling the student population by 2030, i.e. 18 years from now. By that time Az­ziz will be long gone and hopefully the name will have been changed to Au­gusta University. By the way, did you notice the photo of the audience in the newspaper did not have one smiling face?

WHEN ARE parents going to take responsibility for the guns in their households? Is it too much to ask that they keep them locked up and not accessible to children?

RANT TO “SAVE THE A.” The only A you saved was “Azziz.”

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/12/12 - 08:45 am
LOL B4

YYu done gattaa te Drift.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/12/12 - 08:50 am
I done gone crazy

Me be baddd Cgee...take me out on the range why doncha...lol

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/12/12 - 08:54 am
Loves me some cajun..

I must have some french in me..i love this sound...hey my grandmom was a Fletcher....her dad had french in him & her mom had indian...what a combo.

justthefacts
justthefacts 11/12/12 - 08:55 am
Sugar Bowl

River, that would be great. You should go with me. I will get the tickets.

agrit
agrit 11/12/12 - 08:58 am
Not sure

I'm not sure what brought me to the rants and raves this morning but .. since I'm here.

Apparently I don't know the meaning of volunteer. I volunteer a good bit and the only thing I've ever received has been the joy I get from doing it. A gift card? Please ...

MCG aka GHSU aka GRU aka GRUA is not a happy place anymore. No smiles here.

And not a rant or a rave .. but thanks to all of you serving and those that have served for me to be able type my rants and raves in this little box.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/12/12 - 08:59 am
jtf

Will you & river share the same room together,.....yaknow...to save money...:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/12/12 - 09:04 am
Good am agrit

I bet that is a sad place now.....without smiles......how can anyone ignore that....

justthefacts
justthefacts 11/12/12 - 09:05 am
Share the room?

I will have to ask my wife.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/12/12 - 09:07 am
RA

That hovering black cloud is beginning to move.

The Great Nobel Peace Prize winner.

" Obama is set to become the first sitting U.S. president to visit Myanmar, providing a powerful endorsement of the Southeast Asian nation's efforts to move toward greater democracy under President Thein Sein."

The US and NJ now longer in trouble and therefor doesn't need his help.
The beginning of his campaign to become the "World Leader"

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/12/12 - 09:11 am
JTF, if I go, I'll definitely

JTF, if I go, I'll definitely look you up. Seenit, JTF travels so much he probably doesn't even have to get a room. He just calls someone. Heh.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/12/12 - 09:13 am
CVB

The Augusta Convention and Visitor’s Bureau is supposed to promote tourism for Augusta. But now they are being paid an extra $350,000 a year to find business for the TEE Center connected to the Marriott. I wonder if they have changed the way they answer the phone?
“Marriott Convention Center and Visitor’s Bureau.”

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/12/12 - 09:14 am
Yes I know about JTF

He doesn't even go through security at the airport...they see him & whisk him right through....Yes sir Mr JTF they say....heck...for all we know he might just own Delta...:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/12/12 - 09:15 am
I just heard Paula Broadwell

I just heard Paula Broadwell say, "I was embedded with Gen. Petraeus when we were in Afghanistan."

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/12/12 - 09:18 am
Her book

ALL IN.....will sell like hotcakes now...at least she got the title right! lol

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/12/12 - 09:30 am
Paulas threats tell me

If miss Paula had threaten other females.....& the news said she did....weel I think I see why the General said so long ebbbybody....more coming out I'm thinking....ole Paula knew about other(s)....he is probably hoping this will float away & I hope he is right...I hate to see the US lose such a great General because of hanky panky...

justthefacts
justthefacts 11/12/12 - 09:37 am
Don't own Delta

But, I do know a few flight attendents............kidding, kidding..

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/12/12 - 09:49 am
Kay Summersbe

Kay Summersbe and Ike. Times have changed. Think someone would have said something to him? Douglas MacArthur and Elizabeth Cooper? George S. Patton and his step-niece?

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/12/12 - 09:50 am
we can't just shootem...can we...:)

JFK---Clinton---FDR---Johnson---Eisenhower---Petraeus---on & on ...why can't we stay out of their sex life....one female on the talk show this sunday had it right....she said we have to find a way to separate their private life from their political life....or we will never have great men running for office again....why are we soooo interested anyway......don't posters have a sex life too...hahahah...kidding folks----pls forgive me....I think I need a drink or something......

anyway...gotta go....I feel like a chicken (hen) just scratching up stuff in the barnyard......:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/12/12 - 09:52 am
Patton??

Patton & his step niece...never heard that one.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 11/12/12 - 10:13 am
Oh, Ranter #2. you have

Oh, Ranter #2. you have stepped into it.

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 11/12/12 - 10:15 am
Rant#1

Needs a few more comments! Maybe some people with "influence" put it on their agenda. Yes, the working folks are humiliated by drug checks that they certainly don't need - they make money to feed their families and keep a roof over their heads. The ones that HAVE a roof over their heads and feed their families better, thanks to the taxpayers' generosity, should be up front - take a test and THEN get help. Hopefully only temporary. How I wish this could be cleaned up once and for all.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 11/12/12 - 11:27 am
@OpenCurtain 7:08am

I spoke to our web designer and they don't know what you are referring to. Can you take a screen grab if you see it again and email it to me so I can check into it?

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 11/12/12 - 11:36 am
Blind Hero Worship

We should be careful in our hero worship of those we find attractive and charismatic. It's one thing to forgive the wrongs of another and quite another to respond as if their acts should be minimized, justified, "joke-tified" or overlooked.

A true leader has character at all times, not just when others are watching. General Patraeus put the nation at risk with his choices. Additionally, should he not testify to the events that led to the murder of the Libyan Ambassador and three other Americans, including two U.S. Marines , he denies justice to the deceased men, their families and the nation.

People who fall can be forgiven and restored, but usually not to their same position of trust. We only need to look to Bill Clinton and how his actions have damaged our nation's morals as an example of failed leadership with no consequences.

When we cease to be shocked, or hold others accountable, we sink to a deeper level of wrong thinking and behavior. And it's the gift that keeps on giving... an inheritance that we leave to the next generations.

My sorrow and compassion extends first to the spouses of the slain Americans and their families and then to the spouses and children of those who were cheated on by the good general and his flings. Everyone involved had them.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 11/12/12 - 11:45 am
No money

I say don't give them a dime. Give them food to eat. If they don't like that food, oh well. They Live in the projects and eat for free so why would they need money? All of the programs need reform. You shouldn't be able to buy a Valentines teddy bear with food stamps just because it comes with a box of candy. When are you going to get tired of your pay checks getting smaller and smaller? I have to eat baloney so poor people can eat steak????????

dichotomy
32024
dichotomy 11/12/12 - 11:51 am
"I hate to see the US lose

"I hate to see the US lose such a great General because of hanky panky..."

We don't have to. Heck, we kept Clinton didn't we. At least there haven't been any allegations of cigar abuse.

"why shouldn’t people taking welfare paid for by taxpayers have to take drug tests "

And I certainly do not see ANY violation of constitutional rights by requiring drug tests for UNearned entitlements. The Supreme Court has found drug testing constitutional for employers and I think it is perfectly logical, and legal, to require people who get free stuff from the taxpayer to pass a drug test. They are not "entitled" to anything. If you sit on you butt and do nothing to help yourself then the only thing you are entitled to is NOTHING. You put nothing in and you get nothing out. They are beggars and moochers who are asking for a hand out and we have the right to say NO. In fact, it is the taxPAYERS who are having their constitutional rights violated and the charges are THEFT BY TAKING, and FRAUD. They get everything FREE and WE go to jail if we don't pay our TAXES to support them. Now, whose constitutional rights are being violated?

I submit to you that every person who gets welfare should not only be required to pass frequent drug tests, they should also be required to report every workday morning at 8:00 AM and be handed a rake, shovel, mop, push mower, etc. and kept them occupied for 8 hours each day. Some of them could be used to provide daycare for all of the welfare recipient's children.

But again, that's just me. I tend to go with what works. We could reduce the welfare roles by 50% in 5 years as these slugs decided that being on the business end of a shovel in the hot sun was a hard way to earn welfare wages.......which we should tax and deduct health insurance from by the way.

KSL
KSL 11/12/12 - 12:01 pm
What the heck is some boy

What the heck is some boy (14) years old roaming around my house, and especially going into my parent's bedroom??????

Also, 14 is a little late to teach someone never to point a gun at someone. He found a gun in his friend's mother's bedroom. What made him think he had the right to touch it, much less, pick it up, parents?

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/12/12 - 12:16 pm
Can we find a perfect human.....nahhh

The perfect human is a different being for us all. Our lives precede our perception. We are all built up from the ground - the ground being our birth. And as we encounter all the aspects of the world, we add definitions to our minds concerning everything - archetypes. That being the case, everyone's archetypes will naturally be different, to an extent, from every other human being and as such they will define the perfect man differently. But there are things I think we can all agree on as being good, as being the right thing to do. There are qualities to people that we find admirable and there is a reason for that. We have reasons for admiring traits in each other.

So, what, to you, is the perfect human being? Can we come to a conclusion about this? Will we have to define our morality first? Should we try to define a perfect man, a Jesus, an Ubermensche? Or is this something that as a society of individuals, we will never completely agree upon?

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 11/12/12 - 12:42 pm
No, absolutely none of us are perfect.

We are not looking for Perfection. We are looking for honesty, responsibility, sorrow, repentance and redemption. Following those things...restoration... where restoration is appropriate and possible.

The fallen person should never risk the well being of others or be quickly restored to the same level of trust. These are very different things from the unrealistic expectations of perfection.

When others fail, our forgiveness should not interfere with their consequences. It doesn't help them or us.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 11/12/12 - 12:41 pm
It's really not about the affair.

My concern over this event, is not so much "the affair" as it is our "reaction" to it. We should at the least be grieved by it, for the hurt it has caused and will cause for all of the involved families.

But most important, the affair should not be the focus.
That's what it is being USED for; to take our attention away from the preventable tragedy of the deaths of these Americans.

I would hope that we would all feel compassion for those who have and are suffering the most in this and the enormity of the importance of the truth being revealed at those congressional hearings.