Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

GOD BLESS YOU, Henry Oakman, for trying to do the right thing to better your life. It is a shame that people can’t forgive and give someone another chance to prove himself. Keep doing what’s right and God will do for you, and you will have great blessings.

BIGGEST RAVE FOR Lakeside High School. It just goes to show that someone with a disability can still win homecoming queen. Your school should be very proud. I know that her parents and her whole family are. Thank everyone for that.

WITH AUGUSTA STUCK on the end of GRU-Augusta, it makes it very easy to drop “Augusta” one day and add another city name like “Athens” and still have GRU. Think about it!

SOMEONE PLEASE tell Phil Mickelson that it’s OK to blink once in a while. In all his commercials he looks like a deer in the headlights.

THANK YOU FOR a success story, finally, for something other than breast cancer. To be so biased to one “color” is a travesty to all those survivors, including me, of other inoperable or incurable cancers. We deserve a colored paper, too.

TO THE PERSON WHO wants nonsmoking fairs: If you don’t like the smoke, stay home. We have as much right to enjoy these open-air events as you do. By the way, I bet you can sit around the grill all summer breathing charcoal and gas fumes while your children do the same.

RAVES TO MRS. MELINDA Price, of Harlem United Methodist Church. She was our leader during the pumpkin patch. She was wonderful to us. May God bless her and her family.

FOR THE PEOPLE WHO think that Honey Boo Boos only live in the South: I have been up North, and they have plenty of them. They may not call them rednecks, but don’t be fooled.

IT LOOKS LIKE people in New Jersey are braving the storm better than the ones in Louisiana when Katrina came through. Why aren’t they blaming Obama for Sandy like the people in Louisiana blamed Bush?

RANT AGAINST THE juvenile justice system. I can’t believe they allowed those inmates to just walk off the campus and their punishment was days off with pay. Isn’t that like a vacation?

THINGS ARE BAD, but now the whole country has gone to pot.

Jake
Jake 11/10/12 - 09:33 pm
Gone to pot

Actually, the trend is to approve legalization of pot. It may happen on the federal level in my life time. It also may be helpful to some cancer patients in their treatment.

Jake
Jake 11/10/12 - 09:36 pm
Smoking

I prefer a grill smell to a cigarette smell. One stimulates the appetite and the other promotes nausea.

Jake
Jake 11/10/12 - 09:40 pm
Mickelson

I never noticed his not blinking. I will try it the next time I am at the golf course and see if it helps my game.
Anyone know what is going on with the Patch?

allhans
allhans 11/10/12 - 09:53 pm
Katrina vs Sandy...I don't

Katrina vs Sandy...I don't think you will see the people of NJ covered on the same level as someone from LA by the MSM.

They just see them differently.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 11/10/12 - 11:19 pm
Smoked Barbeque

I read all the comments about the get together at Rebellious’ place in yesterday's R&R. I decided to post today. Thank you, Rebellious (and spouse) for preparing a delicious meal in a beautiful estate; and thank you, God, for a perfect afternoon for a picnic and conversation.

I enjoyed meeting several commenters for the first time, and I enjoyed seeing others for the second time. People with similar views, people with different views, people with different backgrounds — we can get along together.

I'm sorry I had to leave early, but my wife was demolishing a fireplace. If I didn't go help her, I would be in the doghouse today!

Hey, the antique farm machinery was a big hit!

YeCats
YeCats 11/10/12 - 11:47 pm
Just saw this,

someone might have mention it. Seems so long ago.

37 years ago today:

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 11/11/12 - 12:56 am
Oh, Yes,

P.S.

Sean was talked about!!!

Trouble
Trouble 11/11/12 - 07:28 am
Happy Veteran's Day

to all who have served and are still serving our country.

hugs and kisses to all of you

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 11/11/12 - 07:46 am
Happy Veterans Day

To all my brothers and sisters in arms, this is for you....

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 11/11/12 - 08:26 am
Big Rebellious RAVE

Thanks for organizing the 1st annual Blogger Get Together consisting of both sides of the political isle.

It was great.

The Rebellious BBQ, the fix-ins and a Man Cave with no equal on the South South were all great.

For those that did not, or could not attend, you missed a great time.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/11/12 - 08:37 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 11/11/12 - 08:41 am
Rebel entertains on here....no surprise he can in person...

I was just thinking .....we have some cutups on here......won't say the names but yall know who they are......having all sides there says a lot for Rebel.....thanks & I'm sorry I missed it......but I won't miss all of them I promise ya that......

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/11/12 - 08:45 am
Veterans Day

My thoughts are with you today....& many thanks for the freedom we enjoy....

Chuck Odom
Chuck Odom 11/11/12 - 08:52 am
To all the men and women who

To all the men and women who have served in the military service of the United States, THANK YOU!

And a special thanks to all the men and women who are currently serving. Since I personally know many of today’s active, guard, and reserve soldiers, I KNOW that the future of our country has bright spots and is in good hands.

Also those currently serving should know this, there are roughly 2.5 million currently serving (active, guard, and reserve) out of the total 300 million population of this country. That makes you the TRUE ONE PERCENTERS!!

I salute you and I thank you.

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 11/11/12 - 09:06 am
To my fallen friends on Veterans day

In Memorial to those at 1st SFOD-D.

MSG Gary Gordon (awarded Medal of Honor)
SFC Randy Shughart (awarded Medal of Honor)
SSG Daniel Busch
MSG Tim “Griz” Martin

Each of these men I worked with, each gave their lives willingly that day to protect others.

Each of their families have suffered and irreplaceable loss.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/11/12 - 09:29 am
Question floating in the air today...

Can a Rep get voted in today on a National level...

answer--yes....Herman Cain as Pres & Condi Rice as Vpres....would be a winner...imho..:)

I also hope Petraeus will run for President one day....

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/11/12 - 09:38 am
Good Morning America And All Veterans

Rebellious Park is equal to Cobalt Park with the feel of Freedom, Air of Love, and surrounding views of the historical past and present, making you really appreciate the beauty of America.

Then we have humans walking amoung us that just have to try and destroy those feelings with downers on every comment made. Around 7:40 last night one of my post was pulled making a joke about KSL having a silent lover by receiving a downer on every applicative comment she made.
In my book, this individual is one unhappy, maybe sick, has had an abused life or just wants us to be miserable like IT is.
I can see downers given on political or religious comments, but on giving thanks to someone or showing their love and support is totally wrong.
Never did received a love note as to why mine was pulled.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 11/11/12 - 09:40 am
B4

I sent it to you yesterday!

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/11/12 - 09:43 am
Thanks Lily

Ole minds can't remember where it came from.....

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 11/11/12 - 09:45 am
Where is Shrimp?

Did ya'll see his joke yesterday?
I thought the aliens had him or the Chicago mob had him orrrrr he was in Colorado! Too funny!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/11/12 - 09:47 am
Chuck Odom

Very well spoken, Thanks

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/11/12 - 09:51 am
seenitB4 - 08:29 am

I'll second that post.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/11/12 - 09:51 am
about shrimp...

Yeh...we saw his joke allright....he is lucky the posse didn't reach him ......he is a real cutup .....he dares the oldsters sometimes on here.....he better watch his little pink butt.......or he could be shrimp salad B4 ya know it.....
:):).....hmmmm I just might get me some shrimp salad today...sounds yummy..

HenryWalker3rd
HenryWalker3rd 11/11/12 - 10:04 am
apples and oranges.

The fed response to Katrina was totally different than Sandy. Katrina taught officials and residents what to do in the event of another major hurricane. Katrina also happened at the peak of summertime. Katrina was not a Cat. 1 hurricane as Sandy was. Because of Katrina, people look @ hurricane preperation a little different now.

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/11/12 - 12:03 pm
Not All Of It

Last Rant Reads: "THINGS ARE BAD, but now the whole country has gone to pot."

Mmmmmm, not all of it:

Retired Army
Retired Army 11/11/12 - 10:44 am
seenitB411/11/12 - 08:51 am

:):).....hmmmm I just might get me some shrimp salad today...sounds yummy..

The shrimp salad they sell at Costco is to die for. I like spreading it on a wrap/tortilla with a dash of cayenne pepper and a a leaf of Romaine and making a rollup. Good stuff. promise you.

loblolly
loblolly 11/11/12 - 10:42 am
Veterans

thank you for your service, and you certainly received a great present during last weks presidential election. We avoided a war-mongering party getting elected!

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/11/12 - 11:02 am
Thanks RA

I will try that one day....hubby is getting panda rice/chicken today...:)

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 11/11/12 - 12:02 pm
smoking

"By the way, I bet you can sit around the grill all summer breathing charcoal and gas fumes while your children do the same."

Yea, but they don't STINK! You have no right to foul others' air on public property. I go to motorsports events held on private property and there are a lot of folks of that demographic who smoke. I just grin and bear it because the owners of that property have decided that smoking is allowed. That is their prerogative and I know it when I buy my ticket.

Maybe the solution is to have a "no smoking night" for those who are sensitive.