Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

I WOULD RATHER have had the University of Augusta, but I can accept and live with Georgia Regents University Augusta. The name change was the right thing to do. God is good all the time.

GEORGIA REGENTS University Augusta name change will not go back to the Board of Regents for a renaming. I smell a trick. Watch out. Don’t trust that Ricardo Azziz guy. He ain’t from around here.

I CANNOT FIND WORDS to thank Christian Brander and all the employees at Kroger on Washington Road for the compassion and care expressed for my son David on his death Sunday. It meant so much to his mother and me.

IT’S STILL A GRUESOME name. So, Augusta is just on the brand and logo? Boo hiss boo.

RANTS TO THE REGENTS. How many millions of dollars was wasted with the name change because of the arrogance of the Board of Regents?

NICK EVANS SOLD US out. He can get on the same plane with Dr. Azziz back to California.

THE ‘CHEERING’ residents of Cherry Tree Crossing don’t even realize they are totally controlled by government.

RANT TO THE Richmond County sheriff’s deputy on duty Saturday night at Red Wing Rollerway. He was too busy on Facebook and watching the Georgia game on TV in the snack bar to do job of making sure the children were safe.

I KNOW PEOPLE IN Cherry Tree housing project need somewhere to go, but please, please, I hope they don’t come to south Augusta. South Augusta is oversaturated now.

SHAME ON YOU, Mr. Evans for giving up! I wasn’t aware that my “Save the A” sign stood for Azziz! I’m really disappointed!

I WOULD LIKE TO thank The Chronicle and all the media that ran the story of my 79-year-old father, Marion Keith Jordan, who was missing. I would like to thank everyone who helped search for him, visited and called with their concern. I would like to thank the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office for the quick response to find him and every law enforcement agency involved with his safe recovery. Special thanks to Investigator Charlene Durrence for her efforts and encouragement when the situation seemed grave. I speak for the Jordan family that we are grateful and appreciate everything that has been done for my father.

KittyW923
KittyW923 11/08/12 - 09:19 am
Cleaning up the election signs

OK Augusta politicians it is now time to clean this city up by taking down all your signs. If you know how I go about volunteering to take down let me know.

Jane18
Jane18 11/08/12 - 10:13 am
R & R #1

"..........I can accept and live with.............................". That is exactly what the big guys want! If you don't like or agree with something, stand up and make a noise, fight for it! People like Azziz and "the regents" do Not care one little bit what 'the people" want. It's all about them, and when people as the author of this first rant say "I can accept....", Azziz and his group are laughing and high fiving one another!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 11/08/12 - 10:19 am
Cleaning up the election signs

Hey, it's good to hear from you again, Kitty. Wouldn't it be a hoot if someone told volunteers to go downtown and take down only the Fennoy signs!

:-)

rebellious
rebellious 11/08/12 - 11:21 am
Cobie - I don't know about

Cobie - I don't know about you, but I have seen a lot of gloating over Tuesday's results.

Seenit - What will we name the new city on a hill? Hephzibean? Brothersbeanville? Blythezibean, McHephziblythe? Yuck!

Countyman - I know you bear the brunt of many a barb for your comments, but today I glimpsed the optimism in your posts. Guess I needed to hear something positive, so it fell on a fertile field.

rebellious
rebellious 11/08/12 - 11:29 am
Riverman

Statewide results can be found at www.sos.ga.gov. This is useful for DA and the Amendments.

Congrats to Ashley Wright who was victorious in spite of Augusta voters. And Robert Ingham garnered 40% of the vote (29,000 votes) against Jesse Stone. in the State Senate District 23 race. Ingham never filed a campaign disclosure and other than a 2x2 sign in his yard, did nothing I could see. Oh yes, this was his 4th attempt at public office. He ran for Governor, District 10 Commissioner, School Board, and lastly State Senator.

The inmates are running the asylum!

InChristLove
InChristLove 11/08/12 - 12:24 pm
They say you learn something

They say you learn something new every day. While scanning the internet looking to see how old the President's daughters are, I stumbled upon this article. I had no idea that the President has a 19 year old son. Interesting....

KSL
KSL 11/08/12 - 12:35 pm
I have seen pictures recently

I have seen pictures recently of Obama wearing a wedding ring before he and Moo were married. Just goes to show how much about this person has been kept under wraps. And he complained about Romney's tax returns.

And it goes to show how unwilling his supporters are to know who the man really is.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 11/08/12 - 01:04 pm
Commissioner Williams

Welcome back sir, the R&R's havn't been the same. We are growing tired of bashing countyman. Maybe we'll be able to cut him some slack. Perhaps he'll agree with me for a change. Maybe the old commenters will come back. Where's RCR, Justis4, barronness, cindy, DoubleD and iputt4? KSL, sarge, riverman and Jake are the only ones I recognize from that era.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/08/12 - 01:08 pm
Rebel, thanks, but what I

Rebel, thanks, but what I want to see is a couple of stories on the races and the implications. With the Charter school amendment, county votes locally and comments on what happens now...if anything. The DA's race, I want to see the county by county breakdown, margin of victory and get some comments going on it, too. Those two votes were often discussed, but after the vote...zilch. I find that kind of strange. I did hear on the radio that Paschall carried Richmond Cty with 65% of the vote. So Columbia Cty must have helped Wright tremendously.

dichotomy
dichotomy 11/08/12 - 01:56 pm
"We should all be brown and

"We should all be brown and will be one day."

No doubt that is the way things are trending. Ought to be an investment strategy in there somewhere. Based on the statistic that most of these brown babies are born to white mothers out of wedlock, and even if they marry they have a 59% greater than normal chance of getting divorced, which either way, that creates a lot of abandoned white females with child/children trapped in poverty and heading to the welfare office. Based on this and the recent election results, can someone tell me who is the biggest manufacturer of EBT cards? I see the demand growing. I've already got Verizon stock covered for the Obamaphones.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 11/08/12 - 02:54 pm
ICL

According to Snopes: President has a 19 year old son. FALSE

loblolly
loblolly 11/08/12 - 03:19 pm
ICL and KSL

it's the Onion!!!!!!!! I hear his son is actually serving in the Muslim Brotherhood. The Onion is a satirical publication. It is to newspapers what FOX news is to journalism!

KSL
KSL 11/08/12 - 03:21 pm
Double D is in Europe.

Double D is in Europe. Baroness is here under a newer name.

KSL
KSL 11/08/12 - 03:26 pm
The Onion may be.

But Fox is not. Just because you don't like Fox, it doesn't mean their reporting is flawed.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 11/08/12 - 03:28 pm
lob

It is to newspapers what FOX news is to journalism: FALSE

KSL
KSL 11/08/12 - 03:43 pm
I stand by my comment.

There is a lot about Obama we don't know.

One thing I do know. Mitt Romney has more chacter in his pinkey than Obama has in his entire body.

LillyfromtheMills
LillyfromtheMills 11/08/12 - 03:40 pm
KSL

"There is a lot about Obama we don't know.

One thing I do know. Mitt Romney has more chacter in his pinkeye's that Obama has in his entire body."
Now, that's the truth!!

KSL
KSL 11/08/12 - 03:50 pm
Tablet

Changed pinkey into pinkeye's.

KSL
KSL 11/08/12 - 03:52 pm
Tablet

Thanks Lily.

loblolly
loblolly 11/08/12 - 03:55 pm
Donald Trump

would be proud of the conspiracies. KSL, I heard a rumor that FOX had to admit in court not too long ago that they were not a news organization, but rather one of entertainment. I believe it too, because watching Karl Rove the other night was the funniest thig I have seen in years. Obama's character is your opinion, and when I argue opinions I prefer my own.

loblolly
loblolly 11/08/12 - 03:59 pm
Dichotomy

Very intelligent post on those brown babies. I bet you researched that one long and hard.

Jake
Jake 11/08/12 - 04:22 pm
@ICL

Thanks for the link. There is a lot of hilarious stuff on there.

InChristLove
InChristLove 11/08/12 - 04:38 pm
You're welcome Jake, guess I

You're welcome Jake, guess I should have done a little more research....bad on my part but hey, it could have been true, you know.
After 4 years of the presidency and I still don't know much about the man other than (IMO) he doesn't appear to be presidential material. He'd do well in Hollywood though. Glad we only have 4 more years.

InChristLove
InChristLove 11/08/12 - 04:43 pm
loblolly, my mistake. I

loblolly, my mistake. I should have research a little further but when first read it appeared to be a legit article and for all I knew, it could have been true. No need to get all excited....you can thank me later for your good laugh.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 11/08/12 - 05:08 pm
Even though Mit Romney lost

Even though Mit Romney lost the election, I consider it an honour to have had the opportunity to vote for a man of his character. America missed a great opportunity to be served by a great man with an even greater God.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 11/08/12 - 05:34 pm
Stock market

Someone PLEASE tell me what's going on with the market. Is it true that our tax deduction for kids is going down from $1500 to $500? What is this debt cliff they are counting down to? I'm thinking the Mayans might be on to something.

dichotomy
dichotomy 11/08/12 - 05:50 pm
DOW down again.

The DOW is down another 120 points today and still dropping. Added to 312 points yesterday, that's a chunk. The Obama 2nd term economy has begun. Hope ya'll weren't counting on a lot of "capital gains" taxes to pay your share of the government's bills next year. Half of the year's gains just disappeared in the last 2 days. Ain't going to be much left to tax. Looks like we will have to raise taxes on the 47% since the rich folks are losing any profits that might have had up until the election. Smart money knows when to fold and run. Confidence is LOW.

harley_52
harley_52 11/08/12 - 05:50 pm
"Even though Mit Romney lost the election....

....I consider it an honour to have had the opportunity to vote for a man of his character."

Me too, but I'll stick with the plain ol' "honor," not the fancy schmantzy British spelling. I'm just not that polished. :)

By the way, Willow...congrats on passing the 8000 mark on points. I can't seem to make any progress. As fast as I get 'em, I lose 'em.

happychimer
happychimer 11/08/12 - 06:01 pm
I found it to be an honor to

I found it to be an honor to cast my vote again for Barack Obama.I see the mud slinging toward him is still going on. I just look at the sources and overlook it.