Rants & Raves

ANDERSON IS RIGHT. Ending the Department of Public Education (DoPE) in D.C. and in Atlanta is an excellent idea. Getting the bureaucrats out of my classroom would allow me to teach the students what they need to know.

BARROW MUST BE behind: There seems to be an increase in the number of his false, misleading and negative ads.

THE OBAMA PRESIDENCY can be summed up as: two-plus years of blaming Bush and one-plus year of running for re-election with his only message being an attack on his challengers. Will he ever claim responsibility for anything?

ARE WE VOTING for a tractor or a person for Congress? It’s hard to tell because there’s been no sign of candidate Lee Anderson anywhere.

IF LEE ANDERSON doesn’t have the courage to debate his opponents and speak directly with the media, then why should we expect him to have the courage to fight for us in Washington?

FAST AND FURIOUS, Solyndra, now Benghazi­gate? Hmmm. Where is that ballot?

THANK YOU, President Oba­ma, for your leadership these last four years. I am an old white guy who shares your Christian values and was glad you took the country back.

NOW OBAMA’S regulators are pretending to help us by grabbing more unconstitutional power, namely by writing regs for debt collections – not a federal power granted by the Constitution.

SUPPORTERS OF THE Geor­gia charter schools amendment are both associated with a group that believes in keeping government out of our business, whereas both of those who oppose the amendment are from what amount to labor unions. That should tell you all you need to know.

tcowan13
tcowan13 11/04/12 - 10:57 pm
Thank You Both....

Thank You President Obama And John Barrow! I Am Voting For You Both.

rebellious
rebellious 11/05/12 - 12:48 am
OMG SMH

Rants 1 & 8 - Amazing the refusal to recognize that Unemployment, gas prices, and the National Debt have increased dramatically over the last four years while respect for the USA as a global leader has declined. Ostrich politics at it's finest!

rebellious
rebellious 11/05/12 - 12:36 am
Rants #2, 3, 4, 7, & 9 move

Rants #2, 3, 4, 7, & 9 move to the head of the class. You get it, you have obviously taken the time to survey the landscape and realize you are worse off than you were 4 years ago.

Now go vote the conviction of that realization!

rebellious
rebellious 11/05/12 - 12:39 am
Rants 5 & 6

I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. You obviously have chosen the latter over the former. Or the Former and the latter, hard to tell.

"Give me a bad conservative over a good liberal anyday" quote by Rebellious, a great American.

rebellious
rebellious 11/05/12 - 12:47 am
Summit Update

Numbers growing daily. Approximately 16 attendees. Any who wish to attend should message at my profile page.

Butts are acquired, rubbed and frosting. Hickory chips soaking. Dawg has cleaned the card table and practiced dealing (he is featured in that famed dogs playing poker velvet picture everyone loves). Mancave cleaned once, then messed up again with a project, but not to worry. Coolers are cleaned, awaiting ice and Adult beverages.

Remember, you can't win if you don't play. Or...Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Many invitees have asked "Did you invite such and such or this person or that"? The invite was posted to all, so be there or be square. The contact for me is on my profile and it feeds straight into my email box. so.....it's up to you.

SeenitB4- My Butts are real....and they are spectacular....

rebellious
rebellious 11/05/12 - 01:09 am
Joke of the day

Hereafter referred to as JOD.

Laugh, Love, Live:

One Sunday morning, the pastor noticed little Johnny was standing and staring up at the large plaque that hung in the foyer of the church.
The young man of seven had been staring at the plaque for some time, so the pastor walked up and stood beside him. Gazing up at the plaque, too, he said quietly, "Good morning son."

"Good morning pastor" replied the young man, not taking his eyes off
the plaque. "Sir, what is this?" Johnny asked.

"Well son, these are all the people who have died in the service," replied the pastor. Soberly, they stood together staring up at the large plaque.
Little Johnny's voice barely broke the silence when he asked quietly,
"Which one sir, the 8:30 or the 10:30 service?"

rebellious
rebellious 11/05/12 - 01:14 am
Who else

will feel relieved after Tuesday? Win, lose or draw it will be over. I just hope the presidential won't drag out like 2004 did.

Oh and when do we change the clocks back?

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/05/12 - 04:36 am
About Obama taking the country....back

Obama certainly took the country, alright. It's just not "back" to anything we've ever seen in our history.

Tullie
Tullie 11/05/12 - 04:36 am
Rebel

I will be glad when the elections are over. I am tired of the phone calls and commercials.

You were supposed to change your clocks when you went to bed Saturday night 3 Nov 12.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/05/12 - 04:41 am
Listen, Anderson is a man of

Listen, Anderson is a man of the people and y'all shouldn't laugh at his tractor. He will pull a wagon full of any district residents who make it up to Washington around the city with his tractor so they can see the sights. He is a man of the people.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/05/12 - 06:30 am
Good Morning America

DAY 1

Do we salute the American Flag or buy a rug and pray to Allah?

wayne2410
wayne2410 11/05/12 - 06:42 am
Rant #1 is downright funny.

Rant #1 is downright funny. Talk about partisan blindness, to the point of being self destructive.

Trouble
Trouble 11/05/12 - 07:02 am
rant 1

part of the presidents job is to work with congress to move the country forward, therefore obama is a failed president even if it is congress keeping things from happening.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 11/05/12 - 07:10 am
AUTO INDUSTRY IN GREAT SHAPE

Really? I just delivered one load in Detroit and drove across town to pick up another. Know what? I was able to drive 60 mph during rush hour. With the cruise control on.If the auto industry is in such great shape where are the workers? Please open your eyes. It doesn't matter how many times a lie is repeated, its still a lie.

Humble Angela
Humble Angela 11/05/12 - 07:21 am
"PUT THE BLAME of the economy

"PUT THE BLAME of the economy properly where it is: the senators and House representatives who stall things in Congress, not on our president. Forward, Obama!"

Hmmm....The Republican controlled House of Reps has passed a budget or two.....how's the Democratically controlled Senate doing in that respect?

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/05/12 - 07:51 am
Ok now Give me liberty or give me death....

Wait a minute....wrong page---wrong article--wrong blog....yikes..

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/05/12 - 07:52 am
The race is ooon....we might know "sumthin" tomorrow...

Now, the race is on and here comes pride up the backstretch
Heartaches are a-going to the inside
My tears are holding back
They're tryin' not to fall
My heart's out of the runnin'
True love's scratched for another stake
The race is on and it looks like heartaches
And the winner loses all!

Jane18
Jane18 11/05/12 - 07:53 am
R & R #8

It is so hard to believe that anyone: old, young, black, white, and anywhere in between, could actually make this comment. Wait a minute, yeah, they could! My best friend's Dad thinks and says things like this all the time. He is old and white like our "raver", hmmmmmmm, I think there is a common denominator here................. Christian values for Barry? Wrong again! How about a "make-believe christian"(note small c). That's called a hypocrite! Most of us out here know his true religion anyway..............

dichotomy
dichotomy 11/05/12 - 08:21 am
I'm looking at Obamacare. I'm

I'm looking at Obamacare. I'm looking at Behghazi. I'm looking at Solyndra. I'm looking at Fast and Furious. I'm looking at 2 credit rating downgrades. I'm looking at $16.2 trillion debt. I'm looking at the damage Obama has done in the first 4 years and thinking of what he will do if he is unrestrained by having to face re-election. I'm thinking we can't survive any more of this so I'm voting for ROMNEY.

And after much consternation I've even decided to vote for the TRACTOR instead of leaving it blank or, heaven forbid, voting for Barrow. (sorry Gwen Young). I'm not voting for a public speaker. I'm voting for someone who will vote to reduce spending, a sane domestic energy policy, and less back breaking government regulation. After 4 years of Obama I just cannot bring myself to vote for a liberal Democrat and Barrow is a liberal Democrat through and through. Anderson was not my first choice but Barrow is too liberal and leaving it blank is a vote for Barrow. Lee Anderson for House of Representatives.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/05/12 - 07:57 am
Rebel said.......

SeenitB4- My Butts are real....and they are spectacular....

That my friend will be discussed on here after the event......we will turn your butts inside-out......up/down......we are the official inspectors of butts.......we need texture-flavor-tasty-firmness-& above all...our mouth has to water for more!!!

Veeery very few can meet the BUTTS test...☺

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 11/05/12 - 08:09 am
Fighting

Ranter # 6 asked:

Why should we expect [Lee Anderson] to have the courage to fight for us in Washington?

We really don't need Lee Anderson to fight in Washington. We just need for him to vote.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/05/12 - 08:10 am
The rant said...

ARE WE VOTING for a tractor or a person for Congress

Sometimes I would rather vote for a tractor......or even a dog.....I know some dogs that would do a great job in congress.....bark once for yes & twice for no......they wouldn't demand health bennies & more money either....& dogs understand words......lots of words...even spelled words.....we now have hand signals when talking about GOING some place....

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/05/12 - 08:18 am
Yesterday cgee said

B4
LOL LOL, you are something else!

This is true cgee....sometimes I am a different person....I never know which person will show up.....the music lover----the goodie 2 shoes----wait a minute.....goodie 2 shoes died a llooonggg time ago..:)lol

KSL
KSL 11/05/12 - 08:19 am
Prayer rug

I actually have one, complete with slit showing which way to point to Mecca. One of 3 antique rugs given to me by my grandparents in NYC decades ago.

southern2
southern2 11/05/12 - 08:24 am
Question for the self

Question for the self professed old white guy in RANT #8, who shares Obama's Christian values. You lost me on that one. He is an admitted and documented Muslim and has displayed such character in White House decisions. Do you know there is a difference?

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/05/12 - 08:42 am
Breakfast timmme

Where is shrimp....I need some grits & shrimp.......throw me a few shrimp shrimp...seeyall later.

KSL
KSL 11/05/12 - 08:42 am
Did not think I was capable

Did not think I was capable of responding to old white guy. If my beloved grandparents had not given me the prayer rug, it would go to the attic where the moths would hopefully eat it.

harley_52
harley_52 11/05/12 - 08:51 am
Riverman Said...

"Listen, Anderson is a man of the people and y'all shouldn't laugh at his tractor."

You've nailed it again, my friend. "Man of the people."

I think if you could somehow get Thomas Jefferson or John Adams to come back and give their views on the race between John Barrow and Lee Anderson for Georgia District 12, U.S. House of Representatives, they would be on your side, Riverman. The Founding Fathers wanted the House of Representatives to be made up of people much like Anderson.....men of the people. While they recognized the need for longer term, semi-professional politicians, they envisioned them serving in the Senate. Senators, they thought, could be a more deliberative body and more in tune with long term goals, policies, and programs of the federal government. To help achieve that stability and semi-permanency, they wrote the requirement for six year terms for each of the two Senators from each state. That's the way they wrote the U.S. Constitution.

For the House of Representatives, they wanted men "of the people." They envisioned farmers, doctors, factory workers, and other "men of the people" taking a short break from their jobs and serving their fellow citizens by representing them for a two year period in the House of Representatives. These would NOT be a professional class of politicians, but rather citizens who knew first hand what were the problems and how they thought those problems should be solved.

I think we've become too accustomed to the slick, smooth talking, well financed, professional politicians whose message changes based upon the group being addressed, or the proximity to the election date. Representatives should not necessarily be smooth talkers with public relations advisers, but rather real "men of the people" who are closer to their home district than they are to Washington D.C..

John Barrow is a Harvard lawyer who has already served four terms in the House of Representatives. Lee Anderson is a farmer who has served none.

I don't think Thomas Jefferson, or John Adams would have the slightest problem deciding the right vote in this election was for Lee Anderson....man of the people.

Anderson gets my vote too.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 11/05/12 - 08:55 am
State Legislatures

Hey, don't forget, Harley, that when the founding fathers set up the Senate, they set up the procedure that state legislatures elected the senators, not the people. We messed that provision up later in the twentieth century by amendment.

harley_52
harley_52 11/05/12 - 09:47 am
LL..

You're absolutely right. I meant to mention that, but forgot. Senators were envisioned to be politicians, Representatives "men of the people."