Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

IF ONE OF THOSE presidential candidates would consider contributing part of that $127 million they have already spent on advertising, etc. to me, I might consider voting for one of them.

IF THE BOARD OF Regents has not approved the new name that Azziz changed it to, does that mean the name is really changed?

THEY RENAMED Clark Hill as Thurmond Lake but I still call it Clark Hill. Just because they renamed Augusta College and MCG, it will still be Augusta College and MCG to me.

THIS IS A RANT for drivers without lights on when it’s dark. It’s going to be your fault when you are hit. We can’t see you!

RANTS TO COLUMBIA County. The county is a parking lot during morning and evening rush hour. The county just keeps building and building and does nothing to improve the infrastructure.

THE BENGHAZI consulate attack went on for four hours. We had combat troops one hour away by air. This is turning into a real scandal that the press is ignoring. Why didn’t we send troops to help? Why didn’t the administration address this colossal mistake more directly? Why on Earth didn’t Romney call him on it during the last debate?

SHAME ON THE Democratic Party for canceling a reception honoring retiring Sheriff Ronnie Strength.

I CAN’T BELIEVE that the Democratic Party has decided not to go forward in holding a reception for Sheriff Ronnie Strength. Yes, Freddie Sanders is a good friend of Strength, but Strength has endorsed him because he is the best man for the job. Just because Strength did not endorse a Democratic candidate the Democratic Party has decided not to honor one of the best sheriffs Augusta has ever had..

FREDDIE SANDERS WAS a detective when my father was murdered. He was very kind and compassionate to our family during such a devastating time, but more important he was determined to bring justice to this crime. His focus and drive to solve the case were evident. Freddie Sanders will represent all of the people when he is voted in as our next sheriff.

PRESIDENT OBAMA says, “I haven’t finished all the work” I have planned for you. That’s the biggest threat against America since Khrushchev.

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 11/03/12 - 08:50 am
Rented Obama 2016

Did just fact checking.

YEP! Obama was schooled and mentored by 3 communists in college.
His Mother was a very Progressive Socialist.
His Grandparents were strong Pro-socialists.
Which explains why he nominated a communist as Sec. of Education.

Or did everybody already forget his early attempts to load up his Cabinet with Progressives, Socialists and 1 open communist?

Maybe
The Oath Keepers (current and former U.S. military and law enforcement) who have sworn to uphold the Constitution of the United States at all costs, should they be ordered to violate it, are our only hope.

KSL 11/03/12 - 08:55 am
Exactly what my husband said.

Exactly what my husband said.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/03/12 - 09:05 am
Comments on AC

I so enjoy the comments on AC......amazing learning experience.....bizkit just put something on another thread that makes me think...could he be right.... it was this....

The recent advents of "family" units in human evolution appears to be short-lived as we are going back to our promiscuous roots and idea of marriage and a family unit are becoming obsolete-likely because the pressures that drove us to form family units are no longer the same. There is a rainbow in our evolution as migration (gene flow) is making us all the same-(they call it the Brazilian look).

As much as this seems outlandish to some.....it could be happening all around us right now.....we are clueless to change the way of the young generation......when I watch reality programs on tv I think....Geez...are we THAT stupid in the USA......& I'm not just thinking of honey boo boo....what about the Housewifes of ANY city......that is trash glorified ......or is it just me....

harley_52
harley_52 11/03/12 - 09:31 am
"You are famous on here"

Yes, just ask Sean.

KSL 11/03/12 - 09:36 am
Whatever Bizkit says.

Whatever Bizkit says.

KSL 11/03/12 - 09:38 am
I liked him before.

I liked him before.

harley_52
harley_52 11/03/12 - 09:41 am
KSL...

The question was related to the discussion regarding behavior exhibited by Dr. Azziz. It's no big deal, just an observation.

harley_52
harley_52 11/03/12 - 09:51 am
seenitB4

As for the theory of the declining family.....

I don't have any idea where the information came from, or the data supporting it, but it sounds like a theory coming from a left-wing sociology professor at some ivy league college.

There definitely have been some declines in the influence of the nuclear family throughout modern societies, especially those influenced by socialist/communist doctrines. Personally, I think society has recognized the decay and will take necessary steps to resolve it. Atheism, immorality, and a decline in the role of the traditional family structure are all ideas that are waning as societies see the tragic results of embracing them.

In my opinion, of course.

Sweet son
Sweet son 11/03/12 - 11:00 am
@rebellious

Thanks for missing me. Little late getting going this morning and going to be like Seenit and post only good comments. I really enjoy reading what all of you "real" regulars have to say consider you to be my R&R friends!!

Sweet son
Sweet son 11/03/12 - 11:03 am
Congratulations to Augusta Christain!

Went to the football game and really enjoyed watching a group of young men work together to continue being a winning team! Next week Orangeburg Prep.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/03/12 - 12:11 pm
OHHH BOY........

A wealthy couple had planned to go out for the evening. The woman of the house decided to give their butler, Jeeves, the rest of the night off. She said they would be home very late, and that he should just enjoy his evening. As it turned out, however, the wife wasn't having a good time at the party, so she came home early, alone. Her husband had to stay there, as several of his important clients...were there. As the woman walked into her house, she saw Jeeves sitting by himself in the dining room. She called for him to follow her, and led him into the master bedroom. She then closed and locked the door. She looked at him and smiled. "Jeeves," she said. "Take off my dress." He did this carefully. "Jeeves," she continued." Take off my stockings and garter." He silently obeyed her. "Jeeves," she then said. "Remove my bra and panties." As he did this, the tension continued to mount.
She looked at him and then said, "Jeeves, if I ever catch you wearing my clothes again, you're fired!"

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/03/12 - 12:18 pm
And sweetson said.,,,,,,

I really enjoy reading what all of you "real" regulars have to say

If you only knew how many fake body parts we take off at night B4 going to bed....hehehheh
Some won't come off either......I can set off all alarms in the courthouse .....sometimes I think I'll be man handled by the police ....so far they haven't used the taser on me...:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/03/12 - 12:48 pm
Secrets of a healthy person

Why you Need To Smile More?

Smiling and it's impact on our well being, It has been shown that those who smile more live longer

Smiling induces hormones in the brain that reduces the amount of stress enhancing hormones.

Smile + Frown? If you are smiling, it is difficult for people to frown at you. Smiling is actually contagious.

Smile makes you look more competent in the eyes of people.

Smile induces activity in your body that correlates with healthier amount of blood pressure.

My hubby says this is 1000% true....☺

rebellious
rebellious 11/03/12 - 01:38 pm
Present for doodee

Cgee, got you email, you are in
SeenitB4, work it out means work out a way to be here 11.10.12
My butts.......They're real, and they are spectacular.
Sweetson, make the summit!
As for Countyman, he is welcome. In fact the original post was open to one and all. Just need to plan and give directions.

Jane18
Jane18 11/03/12 - 02:26 pm
R&R #10

And he(obama) means it! His plans, the threats from gone-but-not-forgotten-Nikita Khrushchev, Putin, and the government of Russia are for the downfall of America. And anyone that doesn't believe this, just keep your heads in the sand as you've been doing....................

rebellious
rebellious 11/03/12 - 03:49 pm
Todays Joke

I thought I might add some additional levity with this:

I recently went out of town with my wife and mother-in-law. On the drive, I got the worst case of hiccups I have ever had, so when passing through a small town I pulled into the local Pharmacy Parking Lot. I walked in and went to the counter where the Pharmacist asked what he could do for me. I told him about my hiccups, and without warning he slapped me hard across the face. I guess the shock and surprise worked because immediately my hiccups stopped.

The Pharmacist smiled, then asked if there was anything else he could do for me. I thought for a minute then told him.....

"My Mother-in-law is out in the car and she also has the hiccups!"

KSL 11/03/12 - 07:24 pm
For some reason

That reminds me of a story my mother told me right before my wedding. My dad was a lawyer. My mother worked for him because nobody else was smart enough, according to him. She encountered a young woman who worked in the court house who said, "I see your daughter is getting married. How old is she?" Now this girl was much younger than I was and had been married for a while. My mother looked at her and said "21."

KSL 11/03/12 - 07:28 pm
jane18

I agree. I think Obama would do anything to take America down.

KSL 11/03/12 - 07:35 pm
He has no real ties to

He has no real ties to America. The American side of his family were not typical Americans. They were anti-American. His father was either a Kenyan or a communist, depending on which one was actually his father. He was reared offshore. He doesn't have a clue.

happychimer
19347
happychimer 11/03/12 - 08:04 pm
calling jack234 !

calling jack234 !

happychimer
19347
happychimer 11/03/12 - 08:06 pm
It does not matter who his

It does not matter who his parents are. He was born in Hawaii, which is a state.

KSL 11/03/12 - 08:50 pm
Actually it doesn't matter

Actually it doesn't matter where he was born. What he is doing is what matters.

KSL 11/03/12 - 08:54 pm
Jack234 has been

Jack234 has been conspicuously absent. I guess the race is too close to call for his obnoxious toots, so his train is parked.

KSL 11/03/12 - 08:58 pm
Happy

You are right. It doesn't matter who your ancestors are. That can be overcome. He didn't.

KSL 11/03/12 - 09:10 pm
He probably was born in

He probably was born in Hawaii. His real father may have been Frank Marshall Davis. Does that make you happy?

KSL 11/03/12 - 09:18 pm
Happy

You like Obama and you have every right to. I can't stand him and that is my right, until he issues yet another executive order.

KSL 11/03/12 - 09:39 pm
Thanks for the points.

Thanks for the points.

happychimer
19347
happychimer 11/03/12 - 09:55 pm
You are welcome.

You are welcome.

happychimer
19347
happychimer 11/03/12 - 09:59 pm
I don't bother keeping up

I don't bother keeping up with points. They mean nothing to me. I just ignore them.I will tell you how much I care about points. I don't know how the points work or how to get lots of points.

Many remember Carl Sanders

ATLANTA -- A large crowd filled a downtown Atlanta church Saturday for the memorial service for Carl Sanders, an Augusta native who had served as governor in the height of the Civil Rights Movement.