Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

IF ONE OF THOSE presidential candidates would consider contributing part of that $127 million they have already spent on advertising, etc. to me, I might consider voting for one of them.

IF THE BOARD OF Regents has not approved the new name that Azziz changed it to, does that mean the name is really changed?

THEY RENAMED Clark Hill as Thurmond Lake but I still call it Clark Hill. Just because they renamed Augusta College and MCG, it will still be Augusta College and MCG to me.

THIS IS A RANT for drivers without lights on when it’s dark. It’s going to be your fault when you are hit. We can’t see you!

RANTS TO COLUMBIA County. The county is a parking lot during morning and evening rush hour. The county just keeps building and building and does nothing to improve the infrastructure.

THE BENGHAZI consulate attack went on for four hours. We had combat troops one hour away by air. This is turning into a real scandal that the press is ignoring. Why didn’t we send troops to help? Why didn’t the administration address this colossal mistake more directly? Why on Earth didn’t Romney call him on it during the last debate?

SHAME ON THE Democratic Party for canceling a reception honoring retiring Sheriff Ronnie Strength.

I CAN’T BELIEVE that the Democratic Party has decided not to go forward in holding a reception for Sheriff Ronnie Strength. Yes, Freddie Sanders is a good friend of Strength, but Strength has endorsed him because he is the best man for the job. Just because Strength did not endorse a Democratic candidate the Democratic Party has decided not to honor one of the best sheriffs Augusta has ever had..

FREDDIE SANDERS WAS a detective when my father was murdered. He was very kind and compassionate to our family during such a devastating time, but more important he was determined to bring justice to this crime. His focus and drive to solve the case were evident. Freddie Sanders will represent all of the people when he is voted in as our next sheriff.

PRESIDENT OBAMA says, “I haven’t finished all the work” I have planned for you. That’s the biggest threat against America since Khrushchev.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/02/12 - 07:02 pm
Try running through my

Try running through my neighborhood in a marathon if a diaster has struck. I'll turn the arrows the wrong way and put bananna peels all over the road.

Conservative Man
Conservative Man 11/02/12 - 08:21 pm
Last rant....

.....exactly.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/02/12 - 09:41 pm
R&R 6, 7, 8 ,9

First, I want to say that in no way I'm abandoning my friends in
Richmond County, but it is your fight.

I have been following this sheriff race from the beginning. Seen and read all the past histories of each, qualification, attitudes, their personal desire by spoken words as to why they want to be sheriff and their goals on how to lower the crime rate in your county.
If I was in you all position, there is now doubt I would not want Richard Roundtree as my sheriff. I pray that the good Lord gives you the honest, dedicated person that will bring some degree of safety and peace in your county. Just remember, when you punch the candidate of your choice, you are sowing a seed and you reap what you sow.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/02/12 - 09:43 pm
1 & 2

I will not get involved or comment on a GRU issue. Way above my head. Many have covered it pretty good.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/02/12 - 09:50 pm
6 & 10

One Word "Impeach the sorry ......." No president in history would have gotten away what this corrupt, American destroying socialist, Anti-American has done the past 4 years. What Clinton did to dresses while president doesn't even come close to the action this King SMCICBHO did on the BENGHAZI consulate attack.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/02/12 - 09:53 pm
Rant #5

Countyman will jump on that one.

countyman
countyman 11/03/12 - 12:25 am
I actually have nothing to

I actually have nothing to say about the rant.

This is a rave for Augusta being the 4th best city in the US to live in. The city was named the 7th best place last year by Relocate America. Let's hope the local media will share the news with the public.

The Augusta Canal expansion was approved on 10/19/2012, and will only help us move up the different rankings in the future. Top 6 things to accomplish in order to replace Raleigh, Austin, etc for the number 1 ranking on the multiple publications.

1. Regency Mall- regional sports complex
2. East Augusta riverfront- demolish marion homes, add recreation, maybe extend riverwalk, new residential
3. Public transportation/sidewalks/bike lanes- new bus routes/system ending around 1am-2am & new sidewalks/bike lanes
4. Shopping/dining in South Augusta
5. Cameras/sub stations in the urban core- CBD, Harrisburg, Laney Walker, Bethlehem, Medical District, Olde Town, East Augusta
6. Large park/Performing Arts Center downtown- waterfalls/bridges & PAC on the Riverwalk

rebellious
rebellious 11/03/12 - 12:29 am
First Annual AC Posters Summit

I haven't heard from Shrimp, Humble Angela, JRC, dstewartsr, Sweetson. The date is November 10th, noonish, in South Richmond County. Anyone else interested, message me at my profile page. Sarge, hope your schedule works out. Seenit, come on and work it out. Roadkill, not sure if you will be in town, lemme know. Like I have said before, it will be after the election so we can gloat or lick wounds. I hope the PRESBO election results will be final, what with the results of Hurricane Sandy and all.

All Star cast will be attending. I even have the bouncer lined up! Message me.

KSL
KSL 11/03/12 - 01:02 am
Riverman1
Riverman1 11/03/12 - 04:38 am
Thanks KSL

We did have fun that day. I had y'all for a few minutes. Ha.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/03/12 - 05:35 am
Couple of Downtown Development Questions

Why hasn't the city accepted Donnie Thompson's $300,000 bid for the depot property? He wanted to build houses and get the land back on the tax rolls. Secondly, when will GRU start building on the old GGHOF property? How long is it going to be vacant?

wayne2410
wayne2410 11/03/12 - 05:38 am
To the person who wrote that

To the person who wrote that last rant, you are a very wise individual.

KSL
KSL 11/03/12 - 06:10 am
Naaaáhhhh, RM

You didn't have me. I didn't know who you were, but I knew who you weren't.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/03/12 - 06:12 am
Does Everything Have to be in Atlanta?

More things from Azziz that make you wonder if he knows how to fly this plane in the storm. He now says we need another campus in Atlanta because most of the state’s population is there. Sure we all know Atlanta is the biggest city, but does that mean EVERYTHING has to move there? Atlanta is a city and Georgia is the state. Understand? Should we move the National there, too? United States of Atlanta? Can we keep the beaches on the coast?

KSL
KSL 11/03/12 - 06:15 am
Last rant

Exchange the wording from That's to I'm.

KSL
KSL 11/03/12 - 06:18 am
I would die before going to

I would die before going to school in Atlanta. And I grew up 35 miles from there.

KSL
KSL 11/03/12 - 06:37 am
If Az is true to his word,

If Az is true to his word, he will improve MCG to make it a desired place to attend medical school (not saying it isn't) before launching out to satellite campuses). What do you want to bet on that?

I think he was hired to dismantle MCG.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/03/12 - 06:38 am
Our Local Abstract Artist

I was thinking about personality traits that abstract artists have because someone in the news locally is also an abstract artist. Come to find out there’s a positive correlation between abstract artists and neuroticism. People suffering from neuroticism are usually anxious, irritable, and aggressive. Maybe this will help us understand our local enigma.

KSL
KSL 11/03/12 - 06:46 am
I have been in Aiken long

I have been in Aiken long enough to see USCA grow from a junior college in a relatively small building to what it is today, recognized yearly as a great place to go. It was not done without community support.

I hope every bit of community support for MCG and Augusta State dries up until he is gone.

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/03/12 - 06:55 am
Has the Chronicle taken

Has the Chronicle taken absolutely no stance and is not endorsing anyone in the Sheriff's race? I've been asking this for weeks. Are they going to endorse tomorrow? Short time span to the election if they do. What's the message in this lack of an endorsement?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/03/12 - 07:37 am
Good Morning America****Day 3****

Why do I have this feeling that I have received my last meal and walking the last mile?

Reb, Email.

harley_52
harley_52 11/03/12 - 08:18 am
I Know The Feeling....

...CG. But, I think there's good reason for some optimism. Michael Barone, one of the REAL experts in the world of political prognostication, has predicted a Romney victory by a landslide.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/03/12 - 08:27 am
Something is fishy here Rebel...

Look ..I don't mind the part about going in the back room & getting frisked for guns......(been through that at airports)......but this work it out part...does that mean I have to do 30 minutes of jumping jacks....run around your property for hours....all of this B4 we eat.....are your BUTTS that good?

Invite the countyman why doncha.....we have had the imitation but it ain't nothing like the real thing!..:)

harley_52
harley_52 11/03/12 - 08:32 am
"Come to find out...

....there’s a positive correlation between abstract artists and neuroticism."

There is a very long list of famous artists (and famous people in general) who have suffered from some sort of mental illness/substance abuse issue. Ernest Hemmingway, Pablo Picasso, Vincent Van Gogh, Edgar Allan Poe, Neil Simon, Paul Simon, Tennessee Williams, and lots of others are all believed to have such problems. Even Winston Churchill is believed to have suffered from Bipolar Disorder.

Makes me wonder why I never became famous.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/03/12 - 08:32 am
Ya got that right...:)

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/03/12 - 08:36 am
harley_52

I don't care if it is only a one vote win, it would make my day.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/03/12 - 08:37 am
Harley

You are famous on here....☺

KSL
KSL 11/03/12 - 08:38 am
I bet his butts are worth it.

I bet his butts are worth it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/03/12 - 08:40 am
They better be REAL butts...

cause it ain't nothing like the reeeel thang!

KSL
KSL 11/03/12 - 08:46 am
Harley

You asked me a question yesterday. Email me for the answer thru the AC.

Georgia Regents' hospital plan chosen