Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

TO THE CHRONICLE, I know you are not going to print my rant, because it seems you are on Lee Anderson’s side. Kudos to Bob and Gwen Fulcher Young about their comment against Lee Anderson.

ANYONE WORKING AND paying taxes planning to vote for Obama, do this first. Look at your next pay stub. Observe the amount that goes to taxes. Now check out the huge number of able-bodied folks on welfare that don’t even try to find a job. Go ahead and vote for the Democrats who encourage this type of behavior.

I KNOW THOSE Columbia County people thought that blacks had spray painted those signs, but those kids fooled you. That goes to show not everyone in Columbia County is a Republican, and do not want things shoved down their throat.

RANT FOR THE person in jail complaining about the conditions. Who do you think created those conditions? You and the others placed in jail should clean up those cells.

THE COVENANTS ARE are there to keep a subdivision neat and protect property values. It’s easy to see which subdivisions have active HOA’s and most residents expect the covenants to be enforced, too.

WHEN A PERSON OR a government is going broke, how does he/it still pay the bills? Easy! Don’t buy so much.

I AGREE WITH Obama’s attempt to redistribute wealth. Let’s start with all the multi-gazillionare movie stars in Hollywood and TV stars such as Oprah and Ellen D. Take 99 percent of their worth and feed the poor.

THE FIRST TIME I SAW Lee Anderson speaking in public was at a Patriots Park event around 2003. I was new to the area. I didn’t know who he was. When I saw him and first heard him speak, I said to my wife “Is he drunk?” I don’t think Mr. Anderson will be an effective representative in Washington for us and should stay where is.

GOD, THANK YOU FOR the blue states, and please help the swing states see blue. God help the red states.

Comments (64)

chuckstud
chuckstud 11/01/12 - 06:09 pm

Evans/Ronald Reagan Post Office

I want to submit a huge rave to the staff at the Evans Post Office. They moved customers through like clock work and are the model of efficiency, professionalism, and friendliness. The public and private sector should take note.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 11/01/12 - 09:57 pm

Ranter #1 said:

Kudos to Bob and Gwen Fulcher Young about their comment against Lee Anderson.

Well, Bob Young's comment was that he was not going to say anything that would make mama mad. That's not much of an endorsement.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 11/01/12 - 10:01 pm

Ranter #9 said:

I don't think he will be an effective representative, either, but I think he should go back to his farm and never, never, ever run for elective office again.

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 11/01/12 - 10:23 pm

"I KNOW THOSE Columbia County people thought

that blacks had spray painted those signs..."

Amazing feat of mind reading. Blatantly racist assumption, though. Do you also do phrenology?

"... not everyone in Columbia County is a Republican, and do not want things shoved down their throat..."

Yeah, how dare those evil Republicans put signs on their own property of which Democrats do not approve; they were obviously savagely provoking the liberal jugend to vandalize them.

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 11/01/12 - 10:28 pm

"...get rid of all these student visas

... and green cards and send them back to their own countries."

That betrays no understanding of school financing; despite what you think, their fees underwrite OUR building schools and colleges. And though there have been spectacular failures, the majority of those who attend return to their home countries with a positive view of the US.

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 11/01/12 - 10:31 pm

"I AGREE WITH Obama’s attempt to redistribute wealth."

As amusing as it would be, and I could add a lengthy list of candidates for state-imposed poverty, the notion of stealing from the rich is as morally noxious and damaging to freedom as from the poor.

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 11/01/12 - 10:39 pm

"RANT FOR THE person in jail complaining

... about the conditions. Who do you think created those conditions?"

But are the prisoners supposed to be in charge? If the place is a sty, who is allowing it to become one, or remain so? Jail is bad enough, especially for someone waiting for 'justice' to move in its interminable slowness to trial or release, without being subject to third world conditions.

Jake
Jake 11/01/12 - 11:35 pm

Greenwood Leghorn

"My plan, I say, my plan is to vote agin' anything Democratic. I will propose anything that is agin' the Democrats. Pay attention, I say, pay attention son. I will introduce legislation to make Amurican the only language to be spoke of. I heard tell that Barrow ordered a dinner from a Mexican restaurant and said all the words right. This is, pay attention son, this is an outrage to any of us true Americans who can barely say the word Chimichanga without laughing. Lets send Barrow back to Mexico with his illegal Democratic voters."

Jake
Jake 11/01/12 - 11:38 pm

Good night

Everyone have a great evening

rebellious
rebellious 11/02/12 - 01:59 am

I get tired

of responding to the same categorical rants. I propose we have standard answers, give them a number and then just answer with the number response.

#1 Get off your lazy butt and get a job like the rest of us. We are tired of your entitlement mentality and think you should get off the public dole

#2 That rant is so trivial in light of the country and world problems we face. You should stop watching Honey Boo Boo and get a life. Read a paper or watch the news!

#3 If parents took responsibility for their children then we would'nt have these problems.

#4 I would rather vote for a bad Conservative than a "good" Democrat Liberal" any day!

#5 Obama Sucks

#6 Augusta Commissioners and Mayor and Administrator Suck

#7 Nobody ever said Life was fair

#8 If you are gonna be stupid, you gotta be tough

#9 Who cares? This rant is so stupid, people will comment just because you took the time to rant about such an asinine point.

rebellious
rebellious 11/02/12 - 02:11 am

Now to try it!

Rant #1 - Answer #4
Rant #2 - Answer #5 and #1
Rant #3 - Answer #3
Rant #4 - Answer #8
Rant #5 - Answer #5 or #9 I could'nt make my mind up.
Rant #6 - Answer #6 It doesn't fit but I didn't see any other place to stick it.
Rant #7 - Answer #5
Rant #8 - Tough one here. Going with Answer # 5, cause I like it!
Rant #9 - Answer #4
Rant # 10 - Multiple choice Answer #5 & #4

Might need to add a couple more.
Then we could print them out and set them bythe keypad when reading the R&Rs. Could save someone from carpal tunnel syndrome for the typing.

rebellious
rebellious 11/02/12 - 02:12 am

Bet you

wore out your mouse scrolling back and forth. I know I did!

Riverman1
Riverman1 11/02/12 - 04:45 am

Ha, Rebel

You have entirely too much time on your hands. I guess I mean #2. Heh.

wayne2410
wayne2410 11/02/12 - 05:41 am

To the person who stated that

To the person who stated that Obama sucks, I regret I only have one thumbs up to give you sir, you are indeed a patriot. Let us all hope that many more feel this way at the polls next week, the insanity that has been the Obama administration cannot be allowed to continue, this country can only take so much more.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/02/12 - 06:04 am

Not sleeping huh..

Can't sleep.....what's the matter...politics getting toya...ya gotta let it go....

I like your answer to countyman....Whatever.....I might just use that too.....because he doesn't listen much to our comments....
I hope all read Seans comments last night about removing posts on here.....makes sense to me......my feelings have been hurt a few times but when he explains it like that ...heh heh...I get over it.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 11/02/12 - 06:49 am

Mr Emperor

You had a lot to say about Bush after Katrina. Where is FEMA now? We have reports of bodies in the water, tax gouging on gasoline, victims in dire need of food and water. How about doing your damn job instead of spending so much time trying to keep it? Perhaps by doing it, you will find it easier to keep it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/02/12 - 06:50 am

The Sheriffs Job

This job is very important .....when a candidate refuses to debate you wonder why....saying that you feel you are ahead in the polls just doesn't get it......your ability to communicate with the public is so important......you have to prove you can take the questions & bounce back.....we are challenged on here almost everyday from other posters......sometimes it shows what we are made out of.....if you are that confident...prove it ...

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/02/12 - 07:16 am

Good Morning America ****Day 4****

RK, You could have only said #5.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/02/12 - 08:00 am

To Tell The Truth,

I'm really scared to make any comments in fear of reaching my limits of "Comments Pulled" and become nothing but AC history.

I was hoping to make it to the end of the year.

But let me say, away from the comment section on the Topic of the Grovetown 13 year old death, to get into a debate on Guns at this time is about as Disrespectful Conversation that any human can do.
It is about the same as a family feud at the gathering following the fathers funeral services as to whom gets the new pick-up truck that he paid for. To me, those are the ones that should never be seen. JMO.

Jane18
Jane18 11/02/12 - 07:59 am

Say What?

Isn't it strange how some people will sit and listen to a "star" mimick a southern drawl on television or in a movie, but, if someone, say a politician speaks, and these same people disagree, they put that person down with ugly and hateful remarks? Hollywood, the North and Northeast have always made fun of the South, but, they will "use" it every chance they can, to make their big bucks. They don't seem to realize that most of them sound just as "funny" to us, but we don't make fun of or say mean and nasty things!! And for a southerner to talk against another southerner(because of the way he/she sounds), that's about as low as you can go. Maybe Lee Anderson will do as Julia Roberts did, take speech lessons, then maybe, you will like him? Probably not! Remember this, some of us are not as "articulate" as others, but we do not lie!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/02/12 - 08:03 am

Jane18

"Remember this, some of us are not as "articulate" as others, but we do not lie!

Ain't that the truth!

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 11/02/12 - 08:05 am

Can someone explain this rant to me?

"RANT FOR OUR politicians: Let’s get rid of all these student visas and green cards and send them back to their own countries. Maybe if they had to spend money building schools and colleges, they wouldn’t have enough money to bomb us."

Students studying here planning to bomb us? Sending their children to America to study so they can save their own money for bombs?

Do people actually think this way? Are you telling me there is someone out there driving a car and shopping and raising children with nothing more than random cerebral activity.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 11/02/12 - 08:10 am

Jane 18

I don't know why but I can't stand New Yorker's accents and I can't stand Midwesterner's either.
I do like the Boston accent. Of course I like the southern accent especially the Charleston accent.
I don't know why New Yorker's and Midwesterners accents make me cringe but sometimes they do.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/02/12 - 08:15 am

I like accents myself

I like cajuns....i like gullah.....I like French.......I like good ole boys too....heck I fell in love with GOBs accent.....so i would say an accent is a positive...

JRC2024
JRC2024 11/02/12 - 08:24 am

I don't worry about any

I don't worry about any accent. I just try to understand them.

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/02/12 - 08:32 am

I have trouble

I have trouble understanding pierce Morgan on CNN...why in the world do they think we like English crisp-grating on nerves tv pitch guys ..I'll never know....
That goes for the females too....I would rather hear a Jeff Foxworthy on there....yes I know...we don't all like the same thing...& that is a good thing ..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 11/02/12 - 08:39 am

Who knows what is going on....

Atlanta police have closed roads in the downtown area because of police activity.

Drivers are advised to avoid the CNN Center and Centennial Park area.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 11/02/12 - 08:49 am

Yes seenit!

There are nice British accents and then there are the fingernails on chalkboard ones. I don't care for Piearce Morgan but I kind of like Gordon Ramsay's.
Actually i was wrong I pretty much like all American accents (except some midwesterners)I just don't like the way Michelle Bachman or Sarah Palin talks. They are both Midwesterners and . I wish I wasn't like this but something about those two accents grates on my nerves.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/02/12 - 08:53 am

Doesn't It Seem Strange

that there is no coverage of any looting happening after Sandy like here was after Katrina? Could it possible be that all Northerners are good and honest people....Don't think so!

and

Is the color race card getting old and now we have to start an accent race card?

Hope this one isn't pulled for personal attacking.

Augusta pensioners eye benefit increase

With an eye on the millions remaining in the city's oldest pension funds - its 1945 and 1949 plans - a handful of retired city and county employees are reviving a push to increase their monthly ...